50K Bond just posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would only cheer me up if there was a twist this time and zg chloroformed casey and left her at sawgrass.

Okay, i am ticked sorry.

lol...let justice prevail.....................i like your ending for casey.

If this hasn't already been said, maybe 20/20's paying since they're airing a segment tomorrow night which includes interviews with Cindy, George and Lee. Here's the link.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/09/abcs-2020-to-lo.html

I truly hope the saying, what goes around comes around is true...

So, maybe the three of them are giving a paid interview in order to raise the money for Casey's bond AND to pay for the new high-profile defense attorney?

Padilla is on the phone saying Casey's interview fee will be anywhere from 1/2 a million ti over a million bucks..he thinks a talk show might have paid

Who knows....maybe she will screw herself like Scott Peterson did with Diane Sawyer and the other interviews he did.

One thing you can bet your @ss on is LE with be listening and recording every stinkin word out of her pie-hole. :furious:

Can't the judge stop the release? If her safety is an issue then the Judge can revoke. Maybe if the news gets out that people are upset, the judge might question releasing her.

Sickening...
If ABC paid enough to get her out, so help me I will NEVER watch ABC again as long as I live. For that matter, whatever credent organization or interest DID make her release possible, I will forever hold them accountable in every fiscal way I can. God, if it's Geraldo and Fox, it will be painful but so be it!! I already stopped watching CNN, NBC, CBS and ABC and all of their subsidiaries and companies they own. I am basically down to FOX and avoiding all things Geraldo and as for what fills my pantry and toiletry cabinets and closets are mostly generic brand items! This hurts...this truly hurts my heart and makes my whole body hurt with pain. I don't think she should be out, as most of you feel and I am just nauseous with the atrocity of this case and I know Caylee is in heaven but we must have her body to make sure any and all connected with this pays and pays with their life! I can't look at any more pictures of her. I can't stop this overwhelming feeling in my soul and anger, sheer anger.

Dear Lord, please help us. I need to pray because I am so mad I can not hardly stand it right now and I'm starting to feel like I am going to have to turn this over to the Lord completely and not read another thing about this case. When the drama enters my world to the extent that I allow myself to be put in the state I am in right now, it's time to cut off the TV, internet and just get in touch with heaven.

I am sorry you wonderful people but I have to go. Hanna is coming, maybe Ike and Josephine and I can't live in this surreal world any longer. You are the greatest and Tricia, I am sending you a pm in regards to your pm to me. Help is on the way. I appreciate you all and feel some of you are angels, sent to this forum to soothe and help people keep calm and focused on the REAL victims and those that can no longer speak for themselves. Gosh, you are a wonderful group of people but I just hurt so bad right now..........
LynnAlone.jpg

Question: Does the judge have to still sign off on the bond or is this a definite done deal?

I started a thread in the wee hours of this morning called follow the money with some speculation with regard to the money aspect. One thing I can't get away from is the length of Casey's silence and the smugness that defines her whole manner. To me it says ..ok come after me but if I go down, there will be some power people come with me. Are these power people behind the reward, the lawyers, the bonds, the security? It's like Casey knows all she has to do is sit tight and she will get out and eventually become quite wealthy.

Another thought I had in passing is that, what if these peolple are bonding her out to maybe make sure she NEVER talks? If I were she I think I'd be a tad nervous.

So, maybe the three of them are giving a paid interview in order to raise the money for Casey's bond AND to pay for the new high-profile defense attorney?

OR maybe this high profile defense attorney wants to make it national and he is behind it.

As they say follow the money. Somebody has something to gain from this. Otherise that money would have went to TES to help find the body.

Geez, everytime I ask a question some smarty pants is there before me. I'll just shut my mouf, sit back and learn something. :)

This is what I think. I think they shuold get the interview and the company that get the interview should pay a SMALL percentage up front. Do the interview and then not pay them. Lie just like Casey.

Yes I know they can't they will get sued.....but, a girl can dream!!!!!!!

I think that's possible that the judge could revoke the bail but it may be that it's a done deal since it was allowed before.

If it can be cited that they have been paid for any kind interviews - from talk shows, or "20/20" to the "Today Show," I agree wholeheartedly. No one should ever profit from Caylee's disappearance. Ick, that's like blood money! What else can G&C say that hasn't been said to the media already. And as far as anything that Casey has to say, well, :liar: yeah right.

I just don't understand this bond thing. I mean someone is putting up $500,000 to get her out, that $500,000 is coming from somewhere and it's not being paid back???? That is a lot of money to take someone out of jail that may end up back in.

Someone put up the bond premium of $50K, which is 10% of the $500K bond itself, along with assets which are worth at least $500K, which the bonding company has a lien against.

No one EVER gets the premium back, that's just the cost of doing business.

Actually its what the bonding company earns for guaranteeing the $500K to the court that she will appear for ANY & ALL hearings related to this case, and until the case is resolved & the court discharges the bond.

Even when that occurs, the premium is still not refundable. Again, it's the bonding companies profit, but they are off the hook for the $500K at that time & what ever collateral was put up at the time the $50K premium was paid is returned to who ever posted the bond, in this case "anonymous".

If she skips, the bond is forfeited, it's called an estreature; then the bondsmen's insurance company actually pays the $500K to the court.

The bonding companies have X days to locate her, take her into custody, and turn her in to the sheriff. At that time she would be held on a "no bond " status for failure to appear.

If they don't locate her, the bonding company pays the court $500K and takes legal possession of the collateral to recoup their loss.

Hope this helps :)

:(:sick::martini::martini:
This is driving me to drink. :D
Amen El gato.. Here is to me and you and one for everyone else.... I AM SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead::behindbar:banghead:

I wish a condition of the bond was that she must join one of the search teams (with the police around her of course) and slog thru the humidity, heat, deal with the bugs and all the other irritations that the real searchers have to deal with 12+ hours a day while she is out.

To add a little bit to that, they should have only let her out in exchange for location of the body and then she would have to go get it herself and put her through the pain of seeing what she did. What Caylee has turned into because of her.

Each of the two bondsmen who are splitting her bail will pay $25K. They will not get that back. If she runs, they will each have to pay another $225K.

I'm sorry, but that is not correct. The bondsmen DO get the $50K back. If the defendant shows up in court, then the court does not keep any part of the bail money. It is all refunded to whoever paid it.

Say your imaginary cousin Fred gets himself arrested. His bail is set at $1000. If you want to bail him out, you can go down to the jail, pay the $1000, and he's free. Then you will get the $1000 back when Fred shows up to court. But if you don't have the $1000, you call a bail bondsman. You give him $100 and sign some paperwork, and then HE goes to the jail and gets Fred out. He pays the $100 (that you gave him), and signs some stuff promising to cough up the other $900 if Fred doesn't show up on his court date. So fast forward to Fred's court date. Fred shows up. At that point, the bond is exonerated, and he gets the $100 back. So now the bail bondsman has $100 in his pocket. HE gets it back. YOU don't.

The $50K/$500K is exactly the same. The bail bondsman does get the $50K back if Casey shows up on her court date. Whoever gave the bail bondsman the $50K does not get it back from the bail bondsman. Or if two people gave two bondsmen $25K apiece, it still works the same. The $50K gets refunded, and each bondsman would keep $25K as his fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74