A Beautiful Person Sings

Wow... simply, wow. What a beautiful voice...

A little bit about Paul, this guy has worked hard to get where he is today.More at link...

http://talent.itv.com/page.asp?partid=332

Did you know?
Paul first sang opera at the age of 28 for a karaoke competition– he dressed up as Pavarotti.
He went on to perform in Barrymore’s ‘My Kind Of Music’ (1999). The money he won from the show (£8000) along with his savings was spent on attending various training courses in Italy.
From his Italian opera class he was selected to sing in master class’ for Pavarotti and Katia Ricciarelli – who he says were very impressed. Paul reckons he’s spent £20,000 in total to get to where he is today.
Paul has performed in 4 semi professional operas in the UK and some concerts. His proudest performance was with the philimonic orchestra in a concert in front of 15, 000 people
Married for 4 years to his wife Julie (26) whom he met on a internet chat room. They have been together for 6 years in total.......

I've read that various opera critics are lambasting his technique. I don't care about technique. Many wonderful performers have excellent technique but don't possess the ability to truly reach the listener. Paul possesses a voice that touches my soul and sends shivers throughout my body. I'll take that over technique any day!!!!!

"Nessun Dorma" is one of my favorite arias and Mr. Potts' version is by no means the best I have ever heard. (Check out Pavarotti's version. It is rather his signature song.)

I MUST find that!

I am so glad that Paul Potts won, he was incredible, and the little girl (I forgot her name) as a great future ahead of her. Congrats to Paul.:woohoo:

I am so glad that Paul Potts won, he was incredible, and the little girl (I forgot her name) as a great future ahead of her. Congrats to Paul.:woohoo:

Hi Shazza, her name is Connie Talbot and she showed such grace and maturity when she didn't win. I would have expected a 6 year old to be a little tearful, and so late into the evening too. But Paul rocked, although the British press have been a little harsh this morning as the British public weren't told he had had professional training.

Hi Shazza, her name is Connie Talbot and she showed such grace and maturity when she didn't win. I would have expected a 6 year old to be a little tearful, and so late into the evening too. But Paul rocked, although the British press have been a little harsh this morning as the British public weren't told he had had professional training.

Well.....we were given the impression that he came straight from his mobile phone job to the contest so I can see where people might be a little upset.

It seems that with all these contests there is no rule about being a pro as in being paid beforehand. I think even with American Idol this is the case. If I remember correctly, the only stipulation is that you have not put out a record.

I must admit, I did a hmmm when I read Paul's profile but in the end I think he really deserved to win. This guy has entered contests before and has applied his winnings to voice training. I commend him for that!

I'm glad he won!

Well, I think they were BOTH great and BOTH have a bright future with their singing.

I don't see why people are upset over Paul having 'training.' Do they think that little Connie didn't have 'professional' help?

Congrats to both, I say!!!!!! They were both fantastic. I wouldn't doubt if the Queen requests them both to perform for her. :)

JMHO
fran

It seems that with all these contests there is no rule about being a pro as in being paid beforehand. I think even with American Idol this is the case. If I remember correctly, the only stipulation is that you have not put out a record.

For American Idol, contestants are not permitted to have any current record deals or talent management agreements (though they may have had one at some point in the past).

ITA, I don't think the 'training' matters to be honest. They were both brilliant and I loved watching it. Wouldn't it be nice if the Queen did request a performance by Connie also!

100,000.00 Pounds goes to winner of Britain's Got Talent, Paul Potts. He says he will use part of the winnings to pay off his medical debts and others which piled up due to illness; possibly take his wife on holiday, maybe a safari; and also he plans to have some work done on his teeth to further improve his self-confidence, but that he doesn't know yet if he will quit his day job!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article1948408.ece

A second article states Paul beat Connie Talbot, the angelic little 6 year old who brought tears to the eyes of many when she sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in the most amazingly beautiful voice of a child since Judy Garland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6762345.stm

For American Idol, contestants are not permitted to have any current record deals or talent management agreements (though they may have had one at some point in the past).

Interesting CD.....thanks!:)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab