A Beautiful Person Sings

100,000.00 Pounds goes to winner of Britain's Got Talent, Paul Potts. He says he will use part of the winnings to pay off his medical debts and others which piled up due to illness; possibly take his wife on holiday, maybe a safari; and also he plans to have some work done on his teeth to further improve his self-confidence, but that he doesn't know yet if he will quit his day job!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article1948408.ece

A second article states Paul beat Connie Talbot, the angelic little 6 year old who brought tears to the eyes of many when she sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in the most amazingly beautiful voice of a child since Judy Garland.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6762345.stm

Thanks for the link Angelwngs! I am absolutely thrilled for him and his wife. He's followed his dream, worked damn hard for it, suffered hardship and it's paid off. I love stories like this!

Paul's doing the Today show on Thursday. Here he comes America!

Paul's doing the Today show on Thursday. Here he comes America!

What time (Eastern) does the Today show come on? I sure don't want to miss this!! And I fear it comes on earlier than I get up. Anyway, I never watch the Today show (obviously), but this one is a must! Thanks for the Heads Up!

What time (Eastern) does the Today show come on? I sure don't want to miss this!! And I fear it comes on earlier than I get up. Anyway, I never watch the Today show (obviously), but this one is a must! Thanks for the Heads Up!

7 AM. I would be shocked if they had him in the first hour, they don't usually do that with music, but his story is big and about to get way bigger. I hope he is ready for what is going to happen to him. :dance: I am thinking he will be on between 8-9 AM. Brian Williams did a piece on him on the NBC Evening News last night, at the end Brian said that the Today show will have him Thursday.

7 AM. I would be shocked if they had him in the first hour, they don't usually do that with music, but his story is big and about to get way bigger. I hope he is ready for what is going to happen to him. :dance: I am thinking he will be on between 8-9 AM. Brian Williams did a piece on him on the NBC Evening News last night, at the end Brian said that the Today show will have him Thursday.

Thanks for info. Definitely going to have to mend my ways, and get to bed earlier. It's so nice to be on the computer when the house is asleep, and it's peaceful and quiet. Mornings are He!!, though! Actually, I miss most mornings, lol.

Paul Potts has enormous talent, such a beautiful voice.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? He has a beautiful voice and he wants to sing.

If he did not have that beautiful voice, would he still want to sing? Or, does he want to sing because he has the voice?

This could be asked about any talented performer, or untalented performer, as the case may be. Are there a lot of beautiful voices (or whatever talent) out there, and because the person doesn't have the drive, or the opportunity, we will never know?

The voice was just so surprising considering the source (he is adorable, tho), it made me think about this. How lucky we are that the voice and the drive met in one person.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=525772&in_page_id=1773
Simon Cowell to produce 'Billy Elliot' style musical on life of Opera singer Paul Potts
Last updated at 12:14pm on 4th March 2008

"I can remember looking at the other judges, with that 'here we go again' feeling. We had 2,000 people in the audience, and I'll never forget how much the room changed when he began singing." Cowell's UK based production company, SyCo, will team up with Hollywood to develop the film, who endorsed the project after watching a YouTube clip of the singer. (more plus pics at link)

This little girl has the voice of an angel.
I love her!

I just love her version of "I Will Always Love You," and "I Believe", makes me cry every time!! Connie is truly gifted and I'm definitely buying her album.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back