A & E - Anthony Parents Speak 5.28.18

Watching George and <modsnipped> carrying on made me cringe at times, their agenda is to skirt all around the issues and the truth,
they both are uninterested in looking at the real evidence.
Interesting how they both stuttered and stammered through
the questions on Caylee's father and if they had attempted to
find out from Casey exactly who the father was.
Which tells me that either a) they could not get a straight
answer from her, or b) the real father is an embarrassment
and they have to keep it secret.
Anyone else recall how the Anthony's relatives in Texas were
visiting around the time of Caylee's conception, and it was
a theory that perhaps one of them was Caylee's father (a
cousin, iirc)?
\

I remember this. He was an adopted cousin, if that makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the pregnancy and the very odd dinamics in this family, just listened to JA' audiobook yesterday and I have just remembered again, the situation of Casey appearing at the wedding of CA' brother, everyone asking 'Who is the pregnant girl', while both parents kept repeating that she is not expecting. The brother even mentioned her belly button sticking out, then Cindy comes up with the nonsensical answer that Casey has a big tumour. There are so many absurd things about this case, all pointing into the direction of a tragedy. When Casey was arrested and the parents were walking on eggshells around her, it seemed plausible they did it to gain information from their daughter, but looking at the bigger picture, they were always like that, around Casey. Then later in july or august of 2008, when [so far I remember correctly] Jesse' father called George, asking him, why isn't he in cop-mode already, he replied: 'Because Cindy does not want me to.' Speaks volumes.

So in short, until Casey did not mention something, it did not happen. Even a huge thing, like a baby on its way. Once Casey decided to tell them, first then, they acknowledged it. She thought, she can go through life like this, basically the only way she ever knew, why would she change her ways?

After the arrival of little Caylee, allday-life became harder and harder to manage, Cindy became more and more weary of Casey' irresponsible ways, then (1) she met TL, (2) all the people she had stolen from started to have enough, (3) on the 15th June of 2008, Cindy grabbed her by the throat, telling her to move out and her filing for custody of Caylee. Things are about to explode.

Only thing I am not sure of, is the 'when'; when did KC decide to kill Caylee. The flurry of calls were the last attempt to see, whether her mother meant what she said the night before, whether there things will go back to 'normal' or is she really cornered now? Casey never gave much thought about the future, not even the next day, so I reckon that all her computer searches in march, then those on the 16th june, were two things adding up: a longtime frustration paired up with her actual, momentous rage - and it resulted in the brutal murder of innocent baby Caylee.

I honestly wonder what CA was thinking. Letting her kid grow up like she did, enabling - but once she realized things have to change, then she just thought they would? A 21 years old narcissistic sociopath we are talking about. You can keep telling such a person anything you want, they will never live a life like the rest of us. Someone who does not understand that they need to get up every morning and go to work, earn money, have their own place to live, pay the bills etc...Casey must have thought it was just another row, on the 15th, then she interpreted her mother' silence as being pushed into a corner and in her immature ways, she wanted to hurt her. Sociopathic adults are very childish, they think like this 'You started it', 'It is your fault' etc...Cindy should have known, whether with child or without, but she should have made thoughts about her daughter growing into adulthood. Both she and George just looked the other way.

Last edited:
Looking back, one has to assume CA was
planning SOMEBODY'S demise long
before Caylee was murdered.
All those searches - neck-breaking,
household weapons, and the like were made
in March of 2008, right after she had met and
was dating Ricardo Morales, who had that
"Win Her Over With Chloroform" photo of a
man attempting to chloroform a woman on his
myspace page. Odd, that.
And I'm glad someone brought up that 'choking'
battle between Sindy and Casey on June 15 evening,
I have been looking for Shirley Plesea's email where
she mentions that Casey took Caylee out of the house
immediately after that, and she was never seen again.
Which would mean that both C & G were lying when
they said Casey & Caylee left the house the next day.
George even recalling exactly what Caylee was wearing.
All along, iirc, it has been wondered how Casey was
going to have Amy H living at the A's house - where
were C & G going??
My point is that this is all in the same time period
as the internet searches, so evidently CA was having
some strange thoughts.

Sociopaths are strange creatures -
I never suspected my own brother was one,
until he robbed my husband and I of everything
we had, and then just shrugged it off on someone
else.
Looking back, I could see the signs of it, but at
the time I saw only my charming and charismatic
brother.
They also have NO remorse whatever, and lie about
every single thing, even little things that don't matter.
And if you confront them with one of their lies,
they simply lie some more to cover up,
without batting an eye.

Nothing about the trial and outcome made any sense to me. I remember watching Nancy Grace's face when the verdict came out, it was priceless.

The stuff Ray Kronk went through, really makes anyone think twice about reporting a found body. If CA could have, she would have pinned it on him in a nanosecond. But her previous lies negated that outcome.

I don't see how CA was able to pretend she had a job, while not working. She must have needed money for gas, car insurance, food, whatever, her parents were obviously giving her money. The must have known or decided to be in denial about the lies.

mickey2942, I SO agree -
From the opening statements all the way through
to the ridiculous verdict, I could not make any
sense of things - Judge Strickland would, jmo,
not have allowed all the silliness (moving the
defense table to face the jury, allowing Casey
to lower her seat in order to appear childlike, etc.)
and I believe she would be in prison for life without
all her electronic toys and cameras, and NOT
sleeping just fine all night.
Imagine if they could have pinned this crime on anyone,
Sindy and Casey would have been thrilled to send
some poor person to prison for life, anyone would do.
I will NEVER forget Nancy Grace, "Somewhere the
devil is dancing tonight!" statement when the verdict
came in.
There have been other very similar cases where the
mother puts a child's body in her trunk and dumps
it, and they all resulted in convictions and long
sentences, so the mystery will forever remain as to
how this one got away with it.

About the pregnancy and the very odd dinamics in this family, just listened to JA' audiobook yesterday and I have just remembered again, the situation of Casey appearing at the wedding of CA' brother, everyone asking 'Who is the pregnant girl', while both parents kept repeating that she is not expecting. The brother even mentioned her belly button sticking out, then Cindy comes up with the nonsensical answer that Casey has a big tumour. There are so many absurd things about this case, all pointing into the direction of a tragedy. When Casey was arrested and the parents were walking on eggshells around her, it seemed plausible they did it to gain information from their daughter, but looking at the bigger picture, they were always like that, around Casey. Then later in july or august of 2008, when [so far I remember correctly] Jesse' father called George, asking him, why isn't he in cop-mode already, he replied: 'Because Cindy does not want me to.' Speaks volumes.

So in short, until Casey did not mention something, it did not happen. Even a huge thing, like a baby on its way. Once Casey decided to tell them, first then, they acknowledged it. She thought, she can go through life like this, basically the only way she ever knew, why would she change her ways?

After the arrival of little Caylee, allday-life became harder and harder to manage, Cindy became more and more weary of Casey' irresponsible ways, then (1) she met TL, (2) all the people she had stolen from started to have enough, (3) on the 15th June of 2008, Cindy grabbed her by the throat, telling her to move out and her filing for custody of Caylee. Things are about to explode.

Only thing I am not sure of, is the 'when'; when did KC decide to kill Caylee. The flurry of calls were the last attempt to see, whether her mother meant what she said the night before, whether there things will go back to 'normal' or is she really cornered now? Casey never gave much thought about the future, not even the next day, so I reckon that all her computer searches in march, then those on the 16th june, were two things adding up: a longtime frustration paired up with her actual, momentous rage - and it resulted in the brutal murder of innocent baby Caylee.

I honestly wonder what CA was thinking. Letting her kid grow up like she did, enabling - but once she realized things have to change, then she just thought they would? A 21 years old narcissistic sociopath we are talking about. You can keep telling such a person anything you want, they will never live a life like the rest of us. Someone who does not understand that they need to get up every morning and go to work, earn money, have their own place to live, pay the bills etc...Casey must have thought it was just another row, on the 15th, then she interpreted her mother' silence as being pushed into a corner and in her immature ways, she wanted to hurt her. Sociopathic adults are very childish, they think like this 'You started it', 'It is your fault' etc...Cindy should have known, whether with child or without, but she should have made thoughts about her daughter growing into adulthood. Both she and George just looked the other way.

Someone mentioned after looking through Casey's phone records that she had a habit of making a flurry of calls to Cindy and then her phone would ping around the Anthony home shortly afterwards. They surmised that Casey was doing that to check whether or not Cindy was home and wbether it was safe to sneak into the house without having to deal with her. Either that or she was looking for a babysitter.

Cindy and George knew for years that Casey was lying about working. When Casey was allegedly working at some clothing store, George went in to ask her something and was told that she didn't work there. George wanted to confront Casey about it, but Cindy didn't want him to. Casey was also stealing thousands of dollars from Cindy at the time, so they were both well aware that she was lying about having a job.

Cindy's excited utterances stretched all the way through her car ride to Tony's apartment with Amy. It was probably the last time she told the truth. She told Amy that:

1) Casey didn't have a job.
2) If Amy was missing money, Casey took it and it was gone. Casey was also stealing from them.
3) Casey's car smelled of death and she was deeply concerned about the smell and desperately needed to know where her granddaughter was.
4) Her and George were not getting divorced and giving Casey the house.
5) She was pretty sure Zenaida didn't exist. (If I remember right.) She was curious as to whether Amy or any of Casey's other friends had met her.

Then I guess Cindy realized Caylee was probably dead, cut her losses and decided to protect Casey (the root of all her suffering) at all costs to the point of actively lying and making up stories for her and treating the rest of the world (that was only trying to help her find Caylee) as her enemy. This is why Cindy doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Cindy was wracked with guilt. She came across as very narcissistic to me, and probably forced Caylee into being a Mother. I don't believe for a second that George molested Casey. CA was a party girl. And didn't want a kid, but Cindy enjoyed having Caylee, part time and used the child to control CA. So, when the child came up missing, Cindy knew CA did it. She felt guilt, so covered up and lied for her.

For some reason I don’t have a quote button today but responding to the post about the comedy club: is that comedian saying he did bits that referenced rotting corpses and murder and that the Anthonys claimed they had a good time??!! JFC.

Yes. I haven't been to one of his shows for several years, but apparently he has some material in his act about rotting corpses and finding dead bodies.

I've always felt like Caylee drowned while Casey was on the computer and finding her in the water prompted the flurry of phone calls. She didn't know how to explain what happened - because Caylee had clearly been in the water for a while and no doubt that would be her fault...If you look at her messages from that afternoon, she's very busy doing social media - where was Caylee during that? A pool event explains the dog hitting on death by the pool too. That "woman" is way too lazy to have whipped up a batch of chloroform. Neglect fits her M.O. to a tee. The rest is too far fetched to me...

I finally got to see this last night and honestly all it did was bring up all the terrible memories of it and all of us being on here following the debacle.
I lost faith in the justice system the day she walked free.

Here is a photo of FCA and Cindy at Rick's wedding in June 2005

(Rick posting on Topix thread, "Oh Well" thread III" page 774): (RickA1P71: #15586 Aug 20, 2008)
"I got married June 4, 2005. We got married on the beach in Myrtle Beach. It was just to be a small little ceremony. I invited my mom and dad and Cindy and George. Cindy arrived the day before the wedding with Casey. Casey was wearing a tight fitting top and her belly was visibly extended with her navel protruding a good 1/2 inch. I ask Cindy and George when we were alone "do you have some news to tell me about Casey," and they what are you talking about. I said you know, she pregnant. They look at me like I was crazy. They say no way. I said she is pregnant I would bet on it. They said that they ask her and Casey told them that she would have to have had sex to be pregnant. They believed her. Everyone on my wife's side of the family said who is the pregnant girl. Even my wife's sons and her daughter asked. It was ridiculous. I told them to take her to a doctor. They finally did in July. She was nearly 8 months then! Talk about telling a lie. That is when i saw the first evidence of what a liar Casey was."

caylee_anthony-0217-Globe120108.jpg

Last edited:
I've always felt like Caylee drowned while Casey was on the computer and finding her in the water prompted the flurry of phone calls. She didn't know how to explain what happened - because Caylee had clearly been in the water for a while and no doubt that would be her fault...If you look at her messages from that afternoon, she's very busy doing social media - where was Caylee during that? A pool event explains the dog hitting on death by the pool too. That "woman" is way too lazy to have whipped up a batch of chloroform. Neglect fits her M.O. to a tee. The rest is too far fetched to me...

I just can't get past the fact that they still have the pool. They destroyed the car that was supposedly not "involved" and kept the "death" pool? One assumes that if Lee and Mallory even ever go over there, their kiddo swims in that pool? These people like money--if that car could have been sold, innocent-non-smelly car that it's supposed to be, then I would have thought they'd sell it and take the cash. I know if my child had drowned in my above-ground pool, that sucker would have been broken down and gone so freaking fast!

Also, I was happy to see you, @GiantPickle! It's been so long you may not even remember me, but I remember posting and chatting with you.

I don't think she actually used any chloroform, either. She's too lazy and dumb to do science. I think she looked it up but then was like, "nah." Supposedly there were no signs of Xanax in Caylee's body/hair, but I have to wonder about that...Casey freaked out big time at the pre-trial hearing when Ashton described that Caylee would have had to have been physically or chemically restrained prior to the application of the three pieces of duct tape to her little face, and I took that anger to be because she was being exposed, not because it was untrue. I think it's also possible she taped her elbows kind of behind her so she couldn't take the tape off.

I'm not as "up" on the details as I was back then.

And still surprised nobody took Casey out after her release. I thought for sure some vigilante would do it, and while I'm totally not cool with vigilante justice, I sure wouldn't shed any tears for her, and honestly would probably smile pretty widely. I hope she's never able to lead a regular life.

I can't believe it's been so long now...like, so many of my younger co-workers don't even know who she is! I feel so old sometimes.

I just can't get past the fact that they still have the pool. They destroyed the car that was supposedly not "involved" and kept the "death" pool? One assumes that if Lee and Mallory even ever go over there, their kiddo swims in that pool? These people like money--if that car could have been sold, innocent-non-smelly car that it's supposed to be, then I would have thought they'd sell it and take the cash. I know if my child had drowned in my above-ground pool, that sucker would have been broken down and gone so freaking fast!

Also, I was happy to see you, @GiantPickle! It's been so long you may not even remember me, but I remember posting and chatting with you.

I don't think she actually used any chloroform, either. She's too lazy and dumb to do science. I think she looked it up but then was like, "nah." Supposedly there were no signs of Xanax in Caylee's body/hair, but I have to wonder about that...Casey freaked out big time at the pre-trial hearing when Ashton described that Caylee would have had to have been physically or chemically restrained prior to the application of the three pieces of duct tape to her little face, and I took that anger to be because she was being exposed, not because it was untrue. I think it's also possible she taped her elbows kind of behind her so she couldn't take the tape off.

And still surprised nobody took Casey out after her release. I thought for sure some vigilante would do it, and while I'm totally not cool with vigilante justice, I sure wouldn't shed any tears for her, and honestly would probably smile pretty widely. I hope she's never able to lead a regular life.

I can't believe it's been so long now...like, so many of my younger co-workers don't even know who she is! I feel so old sometimes.

There is not one bit of this post that I don't agree with. I have to say the pool theory caught my attention but you're right, they wouldn't keep that thing. She was for sure in that car, dead.

I'm surprised too... I had hope that someone would take her out... I know, I shouldn't say that, but the world is a darker place with her in it.

WHAT?! People don't know who Casey Anthony is?... Lord, well, aren't they lucky? I don't think I will ever be able to get her awful crazy person eyes and smile out of my mind!!!

Yeah, totally agree. Also, if Caylee had died in the pool, Casey would have called 911, even a person like her. There is no need to ducktape a child's face if you found her drowning in the pool. It is an accident and there is a chance that paramedics still can help her. George suspected that Casey gives sedatives to Caylee since a while back then and did nothing. No matter the angle I try to look at this case, still the most plausible theory is that of the Prosecution. Just my opinion.

Sorry to bring this up,
but I have always wondered if CA was perhaps
working part-time in the prostitution trade,
and hopefully Caylee was not exposed to this.
It's just that chloroform thing - never heard
anything about it until this case, who on earth
uses chloroform??
Just can't wrap my head around it, it has to mean
something - all those chloroform searches, the
chloroform soaked trunk, Morales' 'Win Her
Over With Chloroform' on his myspace page,
one has to wonder just what she was up to.

I think they all paid the ultimate price and that was losing Caylee. You can't wish anything more on those grandparents. Hate is a waste of my time and energy. I have come to know this. Cindy has to live in this denial, it keeps her upright. How to you come to terms with this reality? The reality that your own flesh and blood did something so heinous that the world hates you? We all cope the way we can. She knows. She just can't say it out loud, she can't wrap her brain around it, or she will die. George knows, and he says it. He knew day one. Wishing them some peace.

YES!!! I agree with this post so much!
People were angry that Cindy insisted on looking for a living Caylee instead of a dead Caylee. But in order to get up everyday and keep on living herself, Cindy just could not face the possibility that Caylee was no longer alive. It was denial...yes....but it wasn't malicious. That's why Yuri Melich was so gentle in his reply. He knew Cindy was unable to process the reality of the situation.
People see Cindy as strong and manipulative. I believe that assessment is entirely wrong. Cindy is actually very fragile. She lives in denial, and made it a pillar of her life because she just cannot deal with life when it goes sideways. She sees life as she wants it to be and will defend herself vigorously when confronted with reality. George knows that Cindy is fragile and he knows he can't push her. If he does go too far, she will break into a million pieces. Denial has always been Cindy's coping mechanism. He just lets her go on because he understands that on some level Cindy does know the truth but her need for self preservation is in the way of an open admission. George says at one point that maybe he and Cindy raised a bad seed. He recognizes now that Casey is a socipath. Cindy cannot bring herself to ever admit that because her own sense of self is too delicate to accept that kind of harsh truth. Cindy will manipulate everyone in her world to keep herself safe from knowledge that will destroy her. I do not think Cindy and George are bad people. They are flawed....as are all of us. They were suddenly thrust into a terrible,very public nightmare for which they were hopelessly unprepared. The public demanded things from them that they could not deliver because they were in shock, agony and disbelief . The world watched while they were trying to find a way to process and survive the losses. Cindy began to use her coping mechanism of denial when the truth was too painful to face. George wanted to die.
They are both still suffering mightily and I have much compassion for them. I hope they find some measure of peace.

Until you have walked a mile in their shoes....do not condemn them. George and Cindy never for one minute believed that Casey was capable of murdering anyone....let alone Caylee....and that is an enormous leap to have to make as a parent. It would be impossible to do it with no mistakes.

Last edited:
YES!!! I agree with this post so much!
People were angry that Cindy insisted on looking for a living Caylee instead of a dead Caylee. But in order to get up everyday and keep on living herself, Cindy just could not face the possibility that Caylee was no longer alive. It was denial...yes....but it wasn't malicious. That's why Yuri Melich was so gentle in his reply. He knew Cindy was unable to process the reality of the situation.
People see Cindy as strong and manipulative. I believe that assessment is entirely wrong. Cindy is actually very fragile. She lives in denial, and made it a pillar of her life because she just cannot deal with life when it goes sideways. She sees life as she wants it to be and will defend herself vigorously when confronted with reality. George knows that Cindy is fragile and he knows he can't push her. If he does go too far, she will break into a million pieces. Denial has always been Cindy's coping mechanism. He just lets her go on because he understands that on some level Cindy does know the truth but her need for self preservation is in the way of an open admission. George says at one point that maybe he and Cindy raised a bad seed. He recognizes now that Casey is a socipath. Cindy cannot bring herself to ever admit that because her own sense of self is too delicate to accept that kind of harsh truth. Cindy will manipulate everyone in her world to keep herself safe from knowledge that will destroy her. I do not think Cindy and George are bad people. They are flawed....as are all of us. They were suddenly thrust into a terrible,very public nightmare for which they were hopelessly unprepared. The public demanded things from them that they could not deliver because they were in shock, agony and disbelief . The world watched while they were trying to find a way to process and survive the losses. Cindy began to use her coping mechanism of denial when the truth was too painful to face. George wanted to die.
They are both still suffering mightily and I have much compassion for them. I hope they find some measure of peace.

Until you have walked a mile in their shoes....do not condemn them. George and Cindy never for one minute believed that Casey was capable of murdering anyone....let alone Caylee....and that is an enormous leap to have to make as a parent. It would be impossible to do it with no mistakes.[/QUOTE

I don't agree that Sindy is fragile -
JMO, but I have watched her for years, and she is stubborn
and willful, and very unwilling to accept ANY glimmer of
guilt of Casey.
Reading her emails from 10 years ago to her family,
she states over and over that the family simply does
not have all the facts, and speaks to her brother
dreadfully, when all the brother was trying to do was
to open Sindy's eyes to the Truth.
Every time George spoke up on the TV special, stating
the obvious facts, Sindy slams him down and just
refuses to face anything, and was quite aggressive to
George. I know this seems to be denial, but she outright
lies as well - stating that Caylee was home every single
night, when George said the Truth.
She argued with George to allow her 'to know that
Casey was a good mother' - a flabbergasting statement.
She also lied on the stand about being at home, making
those 'chloroform' / 'chlorophyll' searches, when the
state proved she was at work.
Refused to say that Casey was pregnant, refused to face
her own statement of 'it smells like there's been a dead
body in the car', refused to accuse Casey of anything in
those jailhouse visits, just refusal all the way around.
Let's not forget that she was desperate to pin this murder
on Jesse Grund, Amy, a fictitious nanny, just anyone.
I don't find that to be 'delicate' behavior, it's more like
a pit bull type of personality.
I also feel badly for both C & G, it was a horrible experience
to live through - but the fact remains that they both KNEW
she was not working and allowed an entire month to pass
by before taking action, and then only because of the smell
in that car.
I can't imagine that a nurse and a detective had absolutely
no idea of the troubled woman living in their home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back