A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd reaction by the guy that had been named in the Wikipedia LISK entry... a little too casual.

Do you think when they were on hold, he was calling his lawyer?
Either way..he didn't seem too surprised or even ticked. I would be mad ticked.

Do you think when they were on hold, he was calling his lawyer?
Either way..he didn't seem too surprised or even ticked. I would be mad ticked.

It seemed too short unless it was a reenactment.

Watching the recap, the sister of Amber who worked with her. At the beginning she said Craiglist, but at the end she said Backpage. Which ad was she on or the others who were on when they actually disappeared? And who brought her in to be interviewed? His face was blurred out. Is she still working?

In the beginning she just said she wanted to see him, the man that killed Amber. Is she hunting him down? Putting herself in dangerous situations? I hope not, but I could understand.

Someone at the ploice dept. using a PD computer to name him in Wiki would know their IP could be traced. But so would someone hacking into their WiFi. Hmmm

Yes this is true. I went to University to study Psychology in hopes to become a profiler. When one of my professors told us how many profilers there actually were, I quickly gave up on that dream lol.
Yup, it's about 0.01%

But don't let that deter you! You can still help out local LEOs!

Watching the recap, the sister of Amber who worked with her. At the beginning she said Craiglist, but at the end she said Backpage. Which ad was she on or the others who were on when they actually disappeared?
They worked both, though back page seemed to be their mainstay.

And who brought her in to be interviewed? His face was blurred out. Is she still working?
Have no idea.

In the beginning she just said she wanted to see him, the man that killed Amber. Is she hunting him down? Putting herself in dangerous situations? I hope not, but I could understand.
Yeah, I felt this way, too.

Oh snap, they gave this site on the end?

Yes they did and A&E will give out our name at the end of every show.

This is the first time a true crime documentary has hooked up with a true crime discussion forum to try and find answers. This is the way of the future my friends. Law Enforcement needs to see people like us as an asset and not a hinderance.

I'm not sure how to read all that but that IP made 29 revisions on the Suffolk County PD page alone
Basically, the IP addy simply means that the editor chose not to edit the page using a user name. This is simply because more than a few (myself, included) prefer not to reveal our identities. One could argue it's a throwback to the days of anonymity and Usenet.

Isn't there another TV series called The Killing Season, that isn't a documentary? I'm confused.

Basically, the IP addy simply means that the editor chose not to edit the page using a user name. This is simply because more than a few (myself, included) prefer not to reveal our identities. One could argue it's a throwback to the days of anonymity and Usenet.

True, but it's less anonymous to let your IP be public rather than create a throw-away username at random. I chose my Websleuths username because I was creeped out about something at the time I registered.

The person using the IP couldn't be too concerned about being revealed. Perhaps it's intentional, and they want the PD to be scrutinized.

Just popping on during commercial break to say how impressed i am with the show, kudos to all who have worked on this.
It is really well done and absolutely captivating!

True, but it's less anonymous to let your IP be public rather than create a throw-away username at random. I chose my Websleuths username because I was creeped out about something at the time I registered.

The person using the IP couldn't be too concerned about being revealed. Perhaps it's intentional, and they want the PD to be scrutinized.

And likely more than one person at the PD has authority to edit their Wiki entry.

BUT that doesn't mean that the person who used their IP to name the killer was actually an employee.

Agreed. Then again, they could be using a VPN. It's tough to tell...

I am impressed. Often programs like this come off as fragmented with so much minutiae that it can be difficult to stay interested. Not so with The Killing Season; it is very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge