A Masterpiece of Misdirection

I meant when PR died...And before Lacy was to leave office if someone could had heard about who would be running for the DA office...But sometimes I don't say it right....
ok,got ya.it was cynic's post that confused me,but that was my fault.I thought he meant the yr following JB's death.

Hey, folks. How ya doing today?

A few days ago, HOTYH expressed disbelief that the RN author could have wanted to blame an SFF while at the same time leaving hints that the killer was someone close by.

Well, I've felt for a while now that they could have done both WITHOUT it being an inconsistency or a paradox, or some other damn thing. But I wasn't quite sure how to put my feelings into words.

Then, like tablets delivered from the mountaintop, Chiquita71 came through for me, giving me the last piece I needed:

Beautiful. Especially the bolded parts. And that's where we can reconcile the two:

the whole point of the RN was to tell a story. And what better than a spy plot? The "representative of the foreign faction" turns out to be a secret spy, a mole right under the Rs' noses! A trusted friend/colleague/employee who secretly sold out their country and helped get a little girl killed out of greed and jealousy.

It covers all the bases: someone points out how the language is feminine and motherly with phrases only an inner circle member would know? Say it was the lady housekeeper, someone who would know all of these things. WHY would she kill their little girl or set her up to be killed AND possibly betray her country? Greed and jealousy, the classic harbingers of betrayal from the beginning of time.

Tom Clancy would be proud! Say, wasn't PR a fan of Tom Clancy books and JR a fan of James Bond movies?

Mm, mm, mm.

Just in case anyone is still interested.

But with the R's trying to blame the housekeeper is she wouldn't be motherly to JR..I don't think she would care if he was rested like PR would...And PR messed up also when she said,that it don't look like LHP's handwritting...Also if I'm not mistaked the LE helped her spell the word attache...

Here are some words that to me should had been spelled wrong but wasn't heck I even seen people spell foreign wrong before...

individuals
adequate
attache
authorities,

But to make it sound like it was an uneducated person it does not...

But with the R's trying to blame the housekeeper is she wouldn't be motherly to JR..I don't think she would care if he was rested like PR would...And PR messed up also when she said,that it don't look like LHP's handwritting...Also if I'm not mistaked the LE helped her spell the word attache...

Hey, I've been hoping to get this one going again! Much obliged.

I don't know, Ravyn; when the Rs said it looked like a woman's writing and dropped little hints that LHP needed money, it's not a big leap of imagination to think they were trying to steer this in a certain direction, is it?

I don't know, Ravyn; when the Rs said it looked like a woman's writing and dropped little hints that LHP needed money, it's not a big leap of imagination to think they were trying to steer this in a certain direction, is it?

ITA, Dave. Unfortunately, they outsmarted themselves, got over-confident and used words like 'attache' which probably eliminated LHP.

The Rs had LHP in mind for a patsy (no pun intended) from the beginning. They knew she wouldn't be able to fight back. I'm betting anyone who knew housekeeper LHP- knew how she spoke, knew her educational background, etc- would have known she did not write that note. Of course, she was already cleared on the basis of handwriting, hair, blood, saliva samples and let's face it, the note is in Patsy's handwriting so it's a moot point.

That is the best way to go,point the guilty finger at someone else....Cause really the housekeeper would had been looked at regardless of what the R's said...Just like the R's older children was looked at...But pointing fingers after the SSF was brought up,,strange and JR famous words this was an inside job...

And I agree with how the R's viewed LHP,but as soon that wasn't working cause how the RN starting sounding like an educated person...Here comes the White's and other people...

updated 4:19 p.m. CT, Wed., July 9, 2008
DENVER - Prosecutors cleared JonBenet Ramsey's parents and brother Wednesday in the 1996 killing of the 6-year-old beauty queen, saying they were "deeply sorry" for putting the family under a cloud of suspicion for more than a decade.

We do not consider your immediate family, including you, your wife, Patsy, and your son, Burke, to be under any suspicion in the commission of this crime," Lacy wrote in a letter delivered to John Ramsey. His wife died two years ago of ovarian cancer.

She added that she wished it had been possible to clear JonBenet's parents and their son Burke, who was nine when his sister was killed, before Mrs Ramsey died of ovarian cancer.

Now did Lacy just cleared John,Patsy and Burke and left the rest of the family in the cold cause so far I can't find one where she cleared John Andrew or Melinda

updated 4:19 p.m. CT, Wed., July 9, 2008
DENVER - Prosecutors cleared JonBenet Ramsey's parents and brother Wednesday in the 1996 killing of the 6-year-old beauty queen, saying they were "deeply sorry" for putting the family under a cloud of suspicion for more than a decade.

We do not consider your immediate family, including you, your wife, Patsy, and your son, Burke, to be under any suspicion in the commission of this crime," Lacy wrote in a letter delivered to John Ramsey. His wife died two years ago of ovarian cancer.

She added that she wished it had been possible to clear JonBenet's parents and their son Burke, who was nine when his sister was killed, before Mrs Ramsey died of ovarian cancer.

Now did Lacy just cleared John,Patsy and Burke and left the rest of the family in the cold cause so far I can't find one where she cleared John Andrew or Melinda

Ravyn, as I recall, they were cleared early on after pressure from John, his ex-wife and Patsy. If memory serves, it was Steve Thomas who went to bat for them since he thought this might provide leverage for interviews.

The kids were cleared on March 7, 1997.

"Suspect List Gets Shorter In Girl's Death In Colorado
By JAMES BROOKE
Published: March 9, 1997
New York Times
BOULDER, Colo., March 7— In the 10 weeks since JonBenet Ramsey was killed, Boulder police detectives have focused heavily on the family of the 6-year-old beauty princess. Now that the police have formally dropped her half-brother and half-sister from the suspect list, the investigative spotlight may burn hotter on her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey.
There are no declared suspects in the case, Kelvin McNeill, a city spokesman, stressed on Thursday when he announced that John Andrew Ramsey, 20, and Melinda Ramsey, 25, the children of John Ramsey and his former wife, Lucinda Johnson, had been eliminated as suspects.
The family had publicly appealed to the police to clear John Andrew and Melinda. On Christmas night, the night of the killing, John Andrew and Melinda were believed to have been staying at their mother's house in Atlanta. But the police said their work was slowed when John Ramsey hired a lawyer in Georgia who instructed the son, daughter and first wife not to cooperate with the police."

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/09/u....html?scp=1&sq=John+Andrew+and+Melinda&st=nyt

Forgive me for wishing thinking here....Always can hope....I'm wondering if any of you ever seen where Stewart Long gave samples...Since he was the one with Melinda in Atlanta....

Did Stewart Long and Melinda every marry? If so, are they still married? I seem to recall reading that Melinda's fiance/husband was "uneasy" about his in-laws with respect to this crime.

Did Stewart Long and Melinda every marry? If so, are they still married? I seem to recall reading that Melinda's fiance/husband was "uneasy" about his in-laws with respect to this crime.

Yes,they did marry...And Stewart Long is a doctor if I'm remembering right...

Try to search for upates but just keep bringing up 1997 and the Grand jury...Almost like they fell off the earth...Can't even find photos where they was at PR's furneal...Found one of JR and Burke....

Since Melinda was cleared in 1997..Have anyone ever asked why her palm print was on the wine cellar door...And when was the last time she was in the basement....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back