a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidebar re: this bank statement. Jurors taking notes.

CPA smiling on the sidebar and so is Poquito..swiveling and smiling.

3rd GAS CAN sale in Tesoro...YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

? Priceline air ticket 246.99
Sacramento airport 28.00 ????

This is brilliant him leaving the jury on this LIE.

She's unruffled though just like with FLores..ready with her next lie/story (although Anita had some great observations on this moment via the close ups on TV)

Walmart has no record of any returned gas cans. He's bringing it HOME.

I'm feeling this intense feeling building in my body. If I was at a concert I'd be on my feet dancing and clapping. I'm having a hard time staying in my seat right now I'm filled with unbridled JOY.

I am brand new here! I normally comment over at Reality Chatter.
Very well said Katie! I agree! It was an absolute joy to watch Juan last night---Hubby and I were cheering in our chairs! I think we are in for a few suprises in a wonderful rebuttal case and closing. This will be a welcome relief after enduring slo-mo Nurmi and his ad nauseum sex talk and lying client.
How Travis' family has been able to endure days and weeks of listening to this evil person lie and lie and trash their loved one is beyond comprehension.

wow, katie. i can hardly find the words to comment on this article and your whole story. i too have a sister who i have that best friend/sister bond with. for those of us lucky enough to have it, we know it's just about the closest relationship a woman can share with another. i'd be lost without her. i talk to her and hear her in my head throughout the day----i know what she'd think about things, or what she'd tell me to do. not to mention the hours we burn up on the phone and all the fun we have when we're together.

when she got cancer last year, i convinced her to come here and get her treatment at M.D. Anderson. only the best for her, i said. she was here, away from her husband, her home, her sons and her grandchildren for 7 months. nobody else could ever understand what that was like. it was our journey and ours alone. the thing is, she said she wouldn't have it any other way. if anyone was going to be in charge of her care, she wouldn't want it to be anyone but me. so i get the sister thing, which gives me SOME understanding how horrible it had to be to lose your sister, especially the way you did. my heart aches for you.

as a rape survivor, i really wanted to help others. i felt it would be good for me, and good for them. i helped 2 women---one was a patient of my husband's who had been raped in her home, with her children present. her rapist was never caught. she was so traumatized, she couldn't even remember what he looked like, and her children remembered some things, but not enough to narrow it down. the other woman was sent to me via a friend, and i listened to her story and went to court with her when her rapist was tried and convicted. she broke my heart---a nurse like me, who was attacked in the parking garage when she arrived at work.

but i found going through this with them brought it all back for me---the 6 hours i spent in a locked taxi with my rapist, the threat of death, at one point i decided death was preferable to spending another minute with him, and then i saw my salvation-----a car with 2 men who stopped to ask if he needed assistance (he was parked in the grass at a park where there were no people in sight, and these guys were going to the archery range behind it), and i escaped with their help to safety. but i was never the same. you never are, no matter how many years go by.

i decided i either wasn't ready to be an advocate or that it was just something i wasn't cut out for. it just drained me so much that i felt physically sick. maybe it's a weakness but whatever it is, i've had to accept that it's the way i am, and i can't force myself to be something else.

so i admire you beyond what words can convey for what you do. i'm sure you mean so much to the people you've touched and you probably don't even know it. but you sure have a fan here. i just want to send love and good things your way---from me to you. i would love to BE you but i'll settle for knowing you, a little, on this boards. ((((((big strong hugs to you)))))

What a wonderful post. Bless you for sharing. I am so very sorry for your experience. Sometimes I am blown away by some of the stories shared by fellow WSrs. I am proud to be a member here with such wonderful, caring people.

My brother was stabbed one night with his own knife. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He left the hospital saying the nurses were laughing at his tattoos. He tried to walk home but was picked up by police thinking he was drunk. They took him to my mom's and she tried to let him sleep it off. When she was unable to wake him we realized he was in a coma. Fast forward six weeks later: we find out he was killed by antifreeze poisoning.

It never even made the newspapers.

I guess that started my interest in crimes. We still don't know whether he was murdered or committed suicide.

I am soooo sorry! The world is so full of evil.

I am brand new here! I normally comment over at Reality Chatter.
Very well said Katie! I agree! It was an absolute joy to watch Juan last night---Hubby and I were cheering in our chairs! I think we are in for a few suprises in a wonderful rebuttal case and closing. This will be a welcome relief after enduring slo-mo Nurmi and his ad nauseum sex talk and lying client.
How Travis' family has been able to endure days and weeks of listening to this evil person lie and lie and trash their loved one is beyond comprehension.

:welcome6:

i am brand new here! I normally comment over at reality chatter.
Very well said katie! I agree! It was an absolute joy to watch juan last night---hubby and i were cheering in our chairs! I think we are in for a few suprises in a wonderful rebuttal case and closing. This will be a welcome relief after enduring slo-mo nurmi and his ad nauseum sex talk and lying client.
How travis' family has been able to endure days and weeks of listening to this evil person lie and lie and trash their loved one is beyond comprehension.

stupid smilies not working for me...

Welcome welcome welcome

I became a Nancy fan when she was enjoying her Starbuck's iced latte. During sidebar I swear I saw her slowly enjoying it and ja was looking right at her. :)
I saw it as an F U to ja... could be wishful thinking on my part, but it made my day. :)

OMG!!! That's hilarious!! Good eye Pasa, hahaha!

I had my hair in a high ponytail, behind the family, black glasses, black outfit w/ a turquoise sweater over it.

Kcl sorry if you don't like this pic but I got a screen grab of you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 314
Katie,
Thank you for thinking of Beth and the beautiful necklace you got for her. I saw her wearing it in court and I wanted to shout out to you that we love you for that.

One final note for tonite (maybe lol). It was kind of a mystery to all of us why Nurmi passed the ball for the last few remaining minutes to Martinez at the end of the day. It was odd, not expected. Almost like he was doing an intentional fumble. Did it read like that to the rest of you?

With his slow motion Nurmambic Pentameter he surely could have nurmed up a few more slow drawn out questions but he kind of quickly ended up and tossed it to Juan. WHy I wonder?

Beth thought it was maybe cuz he wants all his experts together for a 4 day stretch. But that means 2 full days next week of....Juan crossing these jury questions? (ok that would send me in to some kind of pop rock heaven if you get my drift) But...anyway, kind of an unsolved mystery.

JMO but I think he expected the Judge to adjourn early and she didn't.

Wow so many wonderful posts and pm's to reply to here. I just woke up from my second nights sleep after waking up too early...now I have to rush off to work for the day and get edified ;)

I will reply to all either tonite or tomorrow..but a quick thank you from the bottom of my heart! Xoxo

PASA, wakey wakey :)

wake_up.gif

Beth said that's been on the schedule for quite some time. There was a conflict but then it got resolved but by then a juror had planned an out of town trip (good for them) so that bell couldn't unring. Works for ME (it's all about me right?) because I'm being flown to LA on Monday to tape the Ricki Lake show on Tuesday. Perfect timing.

Let us know the air date of the RLS!! We can tune in (or DVR it)!

Love the jewelry on Beth Karas!! Also love that she says Jodi's vocab word "de-edify" doesn't exist: it's supposed to be "disedify"!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHA Jodi is so ridiculous!!

I would love it if JM corrected her next week!!

Are you reading my mind ? :floorlaugh:

I figure since Nurmi didn't spend a day talking about them, for some reason the judge did not allow them to be admitted. Please excuse me but I have not followed the case until it came to trial - wasn't there and issue before with some fake letters that Ms. Arias thought should come in ?

Yup. Copies of letters allegedly written by TA admitting to his problem with pedophilia. They were highly questionable and when they couldn't for some reason produce the originals, they were withdrawn by the defense years ago. It's rumored that they were written by MM.

I'll have to check that out. Interesting.

That duct tape on his arm has been bothering our group as to WHY is it there. Here in Louisiana we have debated that very question. Men in the room can't come up with a reason and all of them said there is nothing they would find sexual about that. Why put it there? It would have to be quite painful to pull it off and you can clearly see in the shower photos the red mark arcross his bicep. I guess just one more thing to add to the "we will never know" list.

I just tried catching up on YouTube from yesterdays questions. I saw the leopard outfit cougar lady. is she related to anyone on JAs side? Or just an observer? (eep! I wonder if she posts here..lol)
Seriously, who is the furry guy behind her family? I asked yesterday, but got lost in the super fast threads.
Maybe he's another Jodi visitor?

I have so much respect for Travis' family, they seem like such good people.
I just hate they ever had to be in this situation. I hope they'll get chances to say statements to JA.
She is dragging him through the mud, just as she threatened to do in her motions before trial.

And KatieCoo, and PASA, thank you for being there to report to us here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member