a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 36s
JUST IN: Updated numbers show #JodiArias defense has cost taxpayers $1.4 MILLION...includes 15,582 hours billed.

No. She said the concern was a juror could walk by and see this. Not that she saw one

Ok, because someone said that she said that she saw one and was forced to admit on the stand she lied. I think that would have been proof positive that she just runs her mouth to get a rise out of people. Which is pretty much what she did anyway. And it landed her on the stand.

What ever happened to the video spoofing Jodi on the stand? I only got to watch the first 2 mins before my son came in and I had to turn it off.
What I saw was hysterical!!

Here you go:

[video=youtube;UTUL6P6mQAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUL6P6mQAg&feature=share[/video]

question: Could the jurors especially the one's that are taking the most notes, be possibly taking notes for a book deal? Are they allowed to do that once the trial is over?

There is so much more I want to say about this, but I know there are lurkers....
This may have been answered already, I am not totally caught up on my reading. When I was a juror, you were not allowed to keep your notebooks. They are identified only by your juror #, collected by the bailiff everynite and placed on your seat prior to the jury entering. Only allowed to take them into the deliberation room and at the end of the trial they are returned to the court.

well, ladies, i sent it onto facebook, after getting permission, but, my understanding was it wasn't the photo, but the story azcentral did. It was a video, never a photo. That's what jc was commenting about, the story on juan being asked to sign autographs.

At least, that's what i got from it watching court. i don't see how anyone can complain about him signing autographs considering wilmott signed one in court for a dr. Drew juror. She was 17 years old and that too was on tv.

wonder why that wasn't brought up? Plus, i've seen johnny cochran, f. L. Bailey and others give autographs and pics daily. Many gave interviews!

omg i forgot that = boolllllllaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

Katieisdoingjustfine.jpg

Also, KCL said watch all of Dr. Drew tonight not just the juror segment!

I'm gonna to need a better teaser than that to tune in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, because someone said that she said that she saw one and was forced to admit on the stand she lied. I think that would have been proof positive that she just runs her mouth to get a rise out of people. Which is pretty much what she did anyway. And it landed her on the stand.

I believe she said she had seen a juror sitting outside before, but she had never personally witnessed JM going out the front door. That would give the reason for her concern - if the two happened at the same time that could influence the juror, in theory at least.

I thank you all for clarifying what happened today - I did not watch the trial cause I am taking a break... But I check my twitter often to see what is happening and when I read what they were doing it scared me for a second. I really don't want there to be a mistrial. I don't think anyone did anything wrong at all but I can see how the defense can twist things to their advantage... I have no experience with trials except for OJ Simpson (watched that one everyday too) and CA... but am glad things have been clarified and now I can breathe again :)

Hugs to all.

Well, Ladies, I sent it onto Facebook, after getting permission, but, my understanding was it wasn't the photo, BUT the story AZcentral did. It was a video, never a photo. That's what JC was commenting about, the story on Juan being asked to sign autographs.

At least, that's what I got from it watching court. I don't see how anyone can complain about him signing autographs considering Wilmott signed one IN COURT for a Dr. Drew Juror. She was 17 years old and that TOO was on TV.

Wonder why that wasn't brought up? Plus, I've seen Johnny Cochran, F. L. Bailey and others give autographs and pics daily. Many gave interviews!

You didn't do anything wrong so do not apologize. People are directing their anger in the wrong direction, MOO. It would be nice for just once if the anger would be directed toward those who are manipulating a situation and making innocent people feel as if they have committed some horrible crime. I'm so fed up with citizens, victims and their family being denied everything from facial expressions, shedding of tears or any display of support for their loved one whom they will never hug, never hear laugh, never see them again on this earth. It's sad that we live in a society that allows one citizen more rights than others out of fear.

I'm gonna to need a better teaser than that to tune in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, watch Dr. Drew tonight as well because the admins of the Justice for Travis FB page will be on there too! :)

Just want to thank you ALL of you here for being so welcoming and willing to "read" my rants and raves. You're all the best and please, if you "go downstairs" could I please be included? Promise I won't post anything if not allowed. I DO respect other's privacy. But would LOVE to be involved if there's any "sleuthing" to be done! I can burn up the waves as good as the rest of em.

Anyway, if I step on anyone's toes, let me know! I don't mean to. I mean, I'd rather walk on my tongue or put nails in my eyes than hurt Travis, his family, his court case or any of his advocates, including you all here.

Katieisdoingjustfine.jpg

Also, KCL said watch all of Dr. Drew tonight not just the juror segment!

I'm behind in my reading so I hope to be forgiven.
I stand behind anyone that want's to attend any and all trial's they wish to as they are public. The insider's bring us things we cannot see and we can share thing's with them as well that they are unable to see. Thank you ladies for going above and beyond for all of us that care to see that justice is served.

As far as contact with the prosecutor, I say go for it. No one did anything wrong.
My question is why aren't the juror's in a place where this kind of thing isn't going to be seen by them? Don't get me wrong I believe the jury panel deserve's the best of accommodation's. The point is that the court is aware that this kind of thing can happen and they failed to protect the jury from exposure. Did any of you realize that juror's were allowed to be anywhere near the media compound which I understand was in close proximity to where everyone was excited to see JM? Of course you didn't.

I also have another issue I like to talk about too. And that is the Judge show's no respect toward the jury as they are entering or exiting by standing up along with everyone else. Does she think she's better then the jury? That's what it appears to be like to me.

People are directing their anger in the wrong direction, MOO. It would be nice for just once if the anger would be directed toward those who are manipulating a situation and making innocent people feel as if they have committed some horrible crime.

I hold some in the media and some attorneys and, while I'm at it, Mark Zuckerberg responsible. Maybe Al Gore too (since he apparently invented the Interwebs. ;) )

Privacy has eroded and the tools and content exist to be exploited by whoever/wherever and for whatever reason, be it a criminal case or some other venue. It's not illegal to be an attorney and find pictures and use pictures/video/content, etc. to try and insert into a (losing) case. It's occasionally relevant and probably often not relevant, but I don't think it's going away anytime soon; it's a tactic that some will continue to employ as a way of creating a distraction or hurting the other side, as the defense is demonstrating in this case. It is what it is and it's ultimately up to judges to keep it out of their courtroom, as appropriate.

I am just SICK that the taxpayers in Arizona have spent over 1.4 million to defend this admitted murderer. I am going to bed. I am literally sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11