a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Travis could be honored in any more respectful way than to have his family cared for in such a loving manner.

Being a motel manager myself, I can only imagine the logistics involved.

What a beautiful and well thoughtout plan. Travis would be so proud... As I am of all of you.

WagaraTapaTalk

Ps some WS posters had sent me some jewelry and handmade charms for the family so all that went in the baskets too! Also some of the remaining m&ms!

KCL, you are a true blessing to this family and to all of us watching this unfold. Perhaps it was meant to be that you and this family have found eachother. It sounds like the love and support you are giving them has indeed helped your heart to mend a little. I am still at a loss that such goodness can come from such a tragedy, but here we all are, praying and standing in unison for the Alexanders.

Sometimes we don't see the paradigm of why and how certain people drift in and out of our lives...but our hearts and lives almost certainly are touched for the better. Thinking of all of you this week as we move closer to the end of this trial and the beginning of healing process for the Alexanders.

Though the skies outside my window are dark and gray today, I only see sunshine and light. Praying of strength for you and the family...and prayers of clarity for these jurors. Travis is watching and proud!

KCL....thank you, seems like I have no words to thank you.....so that's all I can say.
You're touching Travis' family from all of us and its appreciated.

Thank you so much ladymoonlake, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your Mom/best friend 18 years ago, I can only imagine that the pain never truly leaves us but becomes a part of us. Knowing our Angels are up there looking out for us helps to ease it a bit but that new hole in my heart is going to stay with me forever. As you said about your own beautiful Mom, I am thankful I had a Mother who was also my best friend, a Mother who showed me what I wanted to be when I grew up just by following her example. She taught me love and compassion and I know without a shadow of doubt that she will be with me over the next few days as we all continue to support Travis and his amazing Family in any way we can.
I have to say this, every single one of you wonderful websleuthers have been a balm to my soul and I truly feel love for you all. Eventually I will get back to my usual silly self as my Mom would want:sunshine: and in the meantime I will do my best imitation of being ok until the day comes when I really will be ok.
Sorry to be so wordy, although in my world, me being wordy is a very good sign :blushing:
And one more thing: YAY! Today is finally here! Real Justice for Travis is so close I can nearly taste it!:cupcake: :smiliescale:
I am new at posting, but wanted to say to writersblock--what a beautiful post about your mom, and the two of you sharing the trial together. My Mom was my best friend, also, and losing her 18 years ago has made life seem much lonelier...yet, I am so thankful I had her, and that warm, embracing love we shared. I'm so sorry that you lost your mom just when it seemed she was on the road to recovery. It must have been an awful shock. Thank you for sharing your story and for reaching out for support here. We truly are not alone in our sorrow, if we find people willing to hold us close in heart.

I BET it was. I didn't get pics either. LOL.

I will wear the beautiful bracelet you made me today and get a pic of that. So many pics taken the other day I'm sure someone got the charms. My phone was buried most of the day! Lol

All I can say is that I am so proud of The Supporters. You all are wonderful.

I am rather emotional right now, a combination of being touched by all the kindness, awe, and full of anticipation for Justice for all those who love Travis.

Let's just say my heart is full.

Hi all..,I can't sleep! Thanks ANJ for posting the pics ..what a great day we had Monday. Everyone even stayed to watch Dr. Drew together. Lol. We made 12 baskets/ bags in all.

But here's the beginning of the story. I had cooked up an idea wks ago about getting the Alexanders rooms at a Downtown hotel for the verdict watch. So I quietly started asking people who might be interested in donating a room here and there (meaning $ for a room). I got several pledges but then met a VERY generous benefactor thru that push project I did a couple wks ago who offered to pick up rooms for all of them for the entire stay! Can you believe that????

So this donor and I began working on it and after a few twists and turns( like after having it all set up had to switch to another hotel per ..well anyway just had to switch) begged another place to get us 10 rooms plus or minus varying over 5 days in numbers for this family.

They discounted the rate over 50% and put them on VIP status so we are holding their privacy on it.

But I still had these pledges so thought aha! Gift baskets! A team was quickly assembled and that's what you see here...Katie ddj, Travis friends Julie and Pam , other court friends 8 in all went to work on shopping, baking (I made the elephant cookies as our fellow poster rayon sent me the cookie cutter!) and assembling. I ran downtown yesterday to delivery but buzzed by the studios to drop something off for Beth k and lo and behold ran in to the family on the street. Freaking out they were headed to check in as I had to beat them there!!! Whew!!! Made it!

My phone began buzzing all evening with thank yous and tears from the family. Extended family is also coming in and they all will comfortably stay together with all the pampering we can give them during this tough week.

Now I'm headed back to,sleep as I need to be up early and pack for 3 days arrrgh.

Thanks for all the support guys...and it's still flowing in....

Xoxo

Way to go, Katiecoolady. You seriously rock. :rockon:

I'm so far behind on the board because of work, but I had to jump on this morning to see what's happening.

OMG, so much love and support from you gals! WOW!

Prayers and love to PASA . . .

Hugs and love to sweet KCL for making all this happen . . . you are unbelievable!

Hugs to all the Travis team members, donors, etc. who made the wonderful baskets . . .

YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!!!!!

I'm just so sorry I am missing it all, but I work for myself so there's nobody else to turn it over to even for a day. :(

I hope the jury is as smart and compassionate as the posters here at WS - I pray they get this right, and there is full justice for Travis and his wonderful family.

God bless you all!

awww thank you for dropping off the goodies (I'll get pics of that too) and the gift bag for me! Hey, I need to open that! I'm gonna go do that now! Thanks so much! xoxo

KCL because of the new witness and Jaun wanting a new witness too do you think there is a chance the judge will change the timeline???? I want closing arguments this week. I am totally prepared to sit on my arse for 3 staight days. Meals cooked etc.just need to reheat. God has certainly made an Angel on earth out of you. You are loved by so many :rockon:

I have had no sleep, could not sleep a wink. I am in serious pain from my nerves.

I am sooo happy to hear all of the wonderful things that have happened for the family but what I pray for, hope for the very most is the rest of this flipping trial go as fast as possible, the Jury who are picked have common sense, bravery and decency and this family will not have to be concerned about that monster walking the streets for she will spend the rest of her days trying to save her life through appeals while sitting on death row.
DEATH ROW.

My house is a total disaster. I wouldn't open the door if the fire department showed up out of embarrassment. My poor husband... I got a gift this week. A brand new crock pot. :facepalm: I just can't catch up. I've put all of my health energies into this trial.

I want to wrap my arms around PASA. I wish her family was well. I wish she could be here. She is a darling of an angel and I miss her so.

:hug: to you all as we watch the light at the end of the tunnel shine brighter. And best of luck to those of you who are going into the chaos of the court room hallways today and tomorrow.

19hki.jpg

Almost there Travis...almost there.

KCL because of the new witness and Jaun wanting a new witness too do you think there is a chance the judge will change the timeline???? I want closing arguments this week. I am totally prepared to sit on my arse for 3 staight days. Meals cooked etc.just need to reheat. God has certainly made an Angel on earth out of you. You are loved by so many :rockon:

Agreed! My husband was put on notice...meals already made and put in freezer for today, tomorrow, and Friday! :floorlaugh:

I am so touched to read about how people are supporting Travis's family. You are all just amazing.

Tink

Hi all..,I can't sleep! Thanks ANJ for posting the pics ..what a great day we had Monday. Everyone even stayed to watch Dr. Drew together. Lol. We made 12 baskets/ bags in all.

But here's the beginning of the story. I had cooked up an idea wks ago about getting the Alexanders rooms at a Downtown hotel for the verdict watch. So I quietly started asking people who might be interested in donating a room here and there (meaning $ for a room). I got several pledges but then met a VERY generous benefactor thru that push project I did a couple wks ago who offered to pick up rooms for all of them for the entire stay! Can you believe that????

So this donor and I began working on it and after a few twists and turns( like after having it all set up had to switch to another hotel per ..well anyway just had to switch) begged another place to get us 10 rooms plus or minus varying over 5 days in numbers for this family.

They discounted the rate over 50% and put them on VIP status so we are holding their privacy on it.

But I still had these pledges so thought aha! Gift baskets! A team was quickly assembled and that's what you see here...Katie ddj, Travis friends Julie and Pam , other court friends 8 in all went to work on shopping, baking (I made the elephant cookies as our fellow poster rayon sent me the cookie cutter!) and assembling. I ran downtown yesterday to delivery but buzzed by the studios to drop something off for Beth k and lo and behold ran in to the family on the street. Freaking out they were headed to check in as I had to beat them there!!! Whew!!! Made it!

My phone began buzzing all evening with thank yous and tears from the family. Extended family is also coming in and they all will comfortably stay together with all the pampering we can give them during this tough week.

Now I'm headed back to,sleep as I need to be up early and pack for 3 days arrrgh.

Xoxo

This is the most beautiful thing I have read in a long time, and seeing those basket pictures~ my ..Yes indeed angels at work.:blushing:

I'm convinced that Katiecoolady isn't who she claims to be.

She appears to be a human but she is actually an angel. An angel through and through.

I think so too!!! How healing for all of us to see this in the midst of all that has been ugly. Surely this is what true human compassion is all about. How grateful I am to witness this.

Xoxo

Katie, I believe God is going to open a door in your life so that you can be paid for the generous victim's advocate passion you have in you. Much the way Juan Martinez just seems to have it in him, you seem to be called by the spirit for this, and I do believe in callings. I hope ALL GOOD THINGS FOR YOU!! You deserve them. I know you have made life long friends with the Alexanders and even when you are old and gray in a rocking chair you will still be receiving the boomerang of the love you have shared. We all love and admire you so. You have inspired so many of us to ask what can I do, how can I help someone, and that really matters.
God sees you! Some situations in life just call out for a hero, and in this situation, you stepping up the way you have...you are just that a HERO. The peace you were able to bring for the family by finding them a safe place they can all be together is EVERYTHING during this time. It is being together that is going to carry them through these next few days. Money or how to pay for a room should be the least of their concerns and thanks to YOU , and the others you inspired to help you,....it now is. Now they can surround themselves in the love of their family and dear friends that are coming from near and far to stand , united, for Justice for Travis. Nothing you ever do in this life will ever matter more than when you give of yourself FROM YOUR HEART.

We are only seeing you in this situation, but by what I read about your devotion to your brother, this is just the tip of the ice burg. I relate it to Juan Martinez ,again. We are all in awe at the level of his passion for fighting for Travis, as THIS CASE is the one we see him in. Truth be told, he is this passionate for all of his victims, day in day out, for twenty five years. It is WHO HE IS. When I read your little anecdotes about caring your brother , I realize wow...this Katie....it is not just for Travis...this lady is amazing, THIS IS WHO SHE IS ,EVERY DAY OF HER LIFE.

I love you for that. You are truly one of the few real life people I have been inspired by, deep down in my soul to be better and be more, do more. So many things in life , like this trial, will begin and end, but I know the Alexander family and we will love you. Forever. For all of you who sent in money and took time to make or pick out the perfect gift and the amazing, generous person who donated the money to pay the entire hotel bill for the family....the same goes for you. God sees you and he is well pleased. When I was a little girl my Gram used to ask us sometimes "What have you done lately that you are proud of sweetheart?" Wow....would Gram have ever pulled the little sucker out of her candy bowl, with a huge smile for you sweet, sweet people!

The "Angels for Travis" team
.............. cordially invite you to wake up the same way each member of the Alexander Family was greeted when they arrived in their rooms for the week!

The "Angels for Travis" team spent 8 hrs making them at KCL's house yesterday..oh, and a baby elephant tells me that mimosas were involved!!!!!!!!!

These are the gift baskets and bags they made ===> one for each room/family member, and one for the hotel staff who hooked them up with the rooms.
The baskets and bags are filled with: Cookies, nuts, soda, champagne, sparkling cider, aromatherapy, candles, candy, emergen C, gift cards from local restaurants, movies, gas, shopping...and all donated!!! In addition, the bags contained full sized salon hair care products donated by a stylist. And elephant cookies!

They got them at check in and the thank yous have been rolling in all evening from the family...some tears. Katiecoolady said this about the family's reaction: "It's been so heartwarming!"

She will answer questions as she can, but I am sure we all understand what a whirlwind it will be from here on out. Even still, she sent me the following pics to share with everyone here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Personally I am humbled!)

So, without further ado..........:drumroll:

Bumping this because it's so amazing. Thank you thank you thank you all for everything that you are doing out there. God bless each and everyone of you and I am earnestly praying justice for Travis and his family!!!

Bumping this because it's so amazing. Thank you thank you thank you all for everything that you are doing out there. God bless each and everyone of you and I am earnestly praying justice for Travis and his family!!!

Love, love, love .....how you are together doing something to warm the hearts of the family. Thank you to all of you who sent ten dollars. That is the best thing about the gift baskets, the hundreds of people who sent it what they could. How humbling to know that during breaks from the trial, these little things can and WILL bring some comfort to the grieving family. Thank you A News Junkie for always sharing the pictures. You too do really great work, bring Katie's beautiful stories to life for all of us. I'm crying, but with happy tears for all of the beautiful things that have come out of this evil. You all that donated and all of you who pray are the rainbow after the storm. :blushing::blushing: It is , like all rainbows, awe inspiring.

Xoxo

Dear KCL: You are doing some serious damage to my long standing lack of faith in humananity. ;-)

Love, love, love .....how you are together doing something to warm the hearts of the family. Thank you to all of you who sent ten dollars. That is the best thing about the gift baskets, the hundreds of people who sent it what they could. How humbling to know that during breaks from the trial, these little things can and WILL bring some comfort to the grieving family. Thank you A News Junkie for always sharing the pictures. You too do really great work, bring Katie's beautiful stories to life for all of us. I'm crying, but with happy tears for all of the beautiful things that have come out of this evil. You all that donated and all of you who pray are the rainbow after the storm. :blushing::blushing: It is , like all rainbows, awe inspiring.

Isn't it just amazing? I feel so honored to help share all the blessings KCL and her team of angels are bestowing upon this family!

About the pics last night (as you probably noticed, the last three look cut out - because they are. (and not my best work, but 5am rolled around and sleep called! LOL) I cut out all background of the hotel so anyone viewing the pics would not be tempted to name the hotel or stalk the family there. After we have a verdict, I will post the pics with the backgrounds not cut out if you all would like!) I want this family to feel as safe as possible in this most difficult of times and I know KCL and The Travis Angels team (on project rooms and all the projects coordinated and independant) feel the same way!

Expect a pic of the Project rooms team as soon as I know 100% in pic are fine with it being posted! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member