Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #184

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops, I think that's right to ask on this because I'm positive somewhere nobody knew if it had been recorded. I think what I read was that Richard Allen himself didn't know if it was recorded. Here, it's in the D's own press release:

"Rick volunteered to meet with a Conservation Officer outside of the local grocery store to offer up details of his trip to the trail on the day in question. Rick tried to assist with the investigation and told the police that he did recall seeing three younger girls on the trail that day. His contact with the girls was brief and of little significance. Rick does not recall if this interaction with the Conservation Officer was tape-recorded but believes that the Conservation Officer scribbled notes on a notepad as Rick spoke to him."

Would think it's unlikely the CO recorded this in a grocery parking lot. I think if they moved to a different location or vehicle, it would likely be specified somewhere. I doubt RA minds this one not being recorded, jmo.
We are always required to post links unless it's an opinion. Once in a while we get lax, especially with the older stuff that's been around for a while.

Could you please supply a link and page number for what you quoted. TIA.

Here's hoping that the families of Abby and Libby can find some ounce of peace until this trial starts. I feel so bad that it is always full steam ahead, and then, SLAM ON THE BRAKES.

It wasn't our daughters, granddaughters who were viciously slain over 7 years ago. It wasn't their photos that have been leaked all over the internet and purposely graphic depictions of the crime scene described in a cursed Memo for Franks. These are real people who have lived a nightmare of outlandish and exploitive moves against their children and themselves. No one deserves to suffer the treatment and loss as they have.

It goes beyond my comprehension, but I have a peace that RA is going to be found guilty (RA=BG=Killer) and hopefully they will be able to start one tiny step towards healing. They all deserve that, this is not a game to be won or lost. It is a matter of Justice and Truth for Abby and Libby.

JMO

We are always required to post links unless it's an opinion. Once in a while we get lax, especially with the older stuff that's been around for a while.

Could you please supply a link and page number for what you quoted. TIA.
It's a press release from the D.

Just noting as long as you brought it up, though, I view most of their legal motions also to be press releases, as we can see from "DNR Dan." Maybe even a little more informal than press releases.

Very folksy! This is probably why the judge is being asked to recuse. D needs someone who appreciates their own special interpretations of things, and their unique mode of expression.

Probably because it was in a supermarket parking lot, and may have been spur-of-the-moment, perhaps because of the way in which RA approached the interview. We'd have to know more.

Thanks for providing the page and quote because I won't look at the Franks for literally anything. But you know, I'll make an exception and look, just because I want to check something based on this post. Looking. Yes, it's just as you noted it, they actually write it this way: "Well, since we can’t necessarily trust DNR Dan’s accuracy in writing reports, at least there would be a tape-recording that would be able to provide the precise words used by Richard Allen, right? Wrong."

You know, I'm wondering about the professionalism of referring to the conservation officer that RA himself evidently chose to speak with as "DNR Dan." This is after all a legal document, not one of their meetings with YouTube leakers where they probably felt more at ease. (Unfortunately.)

Does RA look at him as "DNR Dan," too? I mean as opposed to LE, "FBI" or "ISP murder investigator"? Something to think about.
That cursed FM talks about everyone as a joke and in derogatory fashion. Rozzi and Baldwin have painted a picture and the ironic thing, to me at least, it that they look like the biggest joke of all.

It's only my thought that I've shared before, RA called the tip line to tell he'd been there (he knew he was seen) and they set it up for him to speak with CO DD at the grocery store near his work, convenient. Which works out great because I can assure you, RA didn't want to be walking through LE offices looking like BG.

JMO

It's a press release from the D.

Just noting as long as you brought it up, though, I view most of their legal motions also to be press releases, as we can see from "DNR Dan." Maybe even a little more informal than press releases.

Very folksy! This is probably why the judge is being asked to recuse. D needs someone who appreciates their own special interpretations of things, and their unique mode of expression.
HAHAHA, yes the 1st Famous Press Release on copy paper, not letterhead mind you, done the very next day after they told the Judge there was no need for a gag order because they didn't intend to try the case in the media.

I'm so glad you had a link handy btw, it helps remind me of how early on Rozzi and Baldwin were playing games.

JMO

Do we have any sense of how many follow-up interviews DD did? And how many in tge grocery store parking lot?

It's important (to me) to remember that he was following up on TIPS. Traditional LE was following up on LEADS.

RA's "tip" was seeing three girls... that seemed to be the only real detail he had to offer. Except for the GLARING ONE. (I was there, I witnessed myself, on the trail, looking like me, at exactly the time the girls were on track to pass me, in fact I saw no other males looking like me. I was the only one.)

It's crazy that the most powerful tip of all (in conjunction with Libby's video) came in almost immediately, wasn't recognized as such, and got buried in the avalanche of tips.

JMO

Probably because it was in a supermarket parking lot, and may have been spur-of-the-moment, perhaps because of the way in which RA approached the interview. We'd have to know more.

Thanks for providing the page and quote because I won't look at the Franks for literally anything. But you know, I'll make an exception and look, just because I want to check something based on this post. Looking. Yes, it's just as you noted it, they actually write it this way: "Well, since we can’t necessarily trust DNR Dan’s accuracy in writing reports, at least there would be a tape-recording that would be able to provide the precise words used by Richard Allen, right? Wrong."

You know, I'm wondering about the professionalism of referring to the conservation officer that RA himself evidently chose to speak with as "DNR Dan." This is after all a legal document, not one of their meetings with YouTube leakers where they probably felt more at ease. (Unfortunately.)

Does RA look at him as "DNR Dan," too? I mean as opposed to LE, "FBI" or "ISP murder investigator"? Something to think about.
DNR are LE. Police have jurisdiction for incorporated areas, sheriff for unincorporated areas and DNR for parks and other public lands. All have of them have the right to enforce laws anywhre in the state.
DNR goes to POST same as the police and sheriffs and there is plenty of real crime in their jurisdiction.

This part: “something covering his mouth”

View attachment 505762
NO description is fitting RA, I am sorry. His clothing was not black, and it was not light blue (above the belt). Black for the "boots" I just accept, but I think, they were black with some white. The something, covering his mouth, should have had a certain color, maybe a pattern.

Black clothes wore the peeping Tom, who dared to appear at a girl's window after a double murder had taken place in the same area. Is that right?

Do we have any sense of how many follow-up interviews DD did? And how many in tge grocery store parking lot?

It's important (to me) to remember that he was following up on TIPS. Traditional LE was following up on LEADS.

RA's "tip" was seeing three girls... that seemed to be the only real detail he had to offer. Except for the GLARING ONE. (I was there, I witnessed myself, on the trail, looking like me, at exactly the time the girls were on track to pass me, in fact I saw no other males looking like me. I was the only one.)

It's crazy that the most powerful tip of all (in conjunction with Libby's video) came in almost immediately, wasn't recognized as such, and got buried in the avalanche of tips.

JMO
bbm
And they (LE) even KNEW, it would be someone, who they would have had interviewed in the first days!!! Couldn't find him for 4,5 years. You don't want to believe it. The fresh direction, LE started in 2019 - what was it all about? And which mistake was done by LE, but of course "not on purpose" (or similar wording)? It wasn't the mistake made by DD, otherwise they had gotten their perp RA much, much earlier. It must have been another big mistake, which DC mentioned. Important to know, that there were more mistakes made, also unintentionally, one may hope.

Whoops, I think that's right to ask on this because I'm positive somewhere nobody knew if it had been recorded. I think what I read was that Richard Allen himself didn't know if it was recorded. Here, it's in the D's own press release:

"Rick volunteered to meet with a Conservation Officer outside of the local grocery store to offer up details of his trip to the trail on the day in question. Rick tried to assist with the investigation and told the police that he did recall seeing three younger girls on the trail that day. His contact with the girls was brief and of little significance. Rick does not recall if this interaction with the Conservation Officer was tape-recorded but believes that the Conservation Officer scribbled notes on a notepad as Rick spoke to him."

Would think it's unlikely the CO recorded this in a grocery parking lot. I think if they moved to a different location or vehicle, it would likely be specified somewhere. I doubt RA minds this one not being recorded, jmo.
Thank you, so it would seem doubtful then that DD is working hard to find something that most likely doesn't exist. If it did exist that would be an awesome piece of evidence for the Prosecution to have RA's voice speaking his whereabouts and time frame. It confused me when the OP stated it in a way that there was definitely a recording being searched for by DD. Appreciate your kind response.

NO description is fitting RA, I am sorry. His clothing was not black, and it was not light blue (above the belt). Black for the "boots" I just accept, but I think, they were black with some white. The something, covering his mouth, should have had a certain color, maybe a pattern.

Black clothes wore the peeping Tom, who dared to appear at a girl's window after a double murder had taken place in the same area. Is that right?
It certainly is concerning that the witness descriptions differ from one another. I chalk this up to their ages, trauma surrounding the event, and simple human fallibility.

My eyes do see black boots in the BG photo, and in some lighting might see the jacket as black-ish.

1716648998743.jpeg

I don’t recall the peeping Tom being dressed in black. Just the masked man part.

“According to the transcripts, a middle school-age girl in Galveston, Indiana, messaged the anthony_shots account that she wanted to hook up after school. She said her parents wouldn’t be home and shared her address. When she got off the bus a day later she saw a man in a ski mask peering into her bedroom window.”

Page 132 You're welcome. I appreciate that you asked for the page number. I think we should do that with all these docs.

Well, since we can’t necessarily trust DNR Dan’s accuracy in writing reports, at least there would be a tape-recording that would be able to provide the precise words used by Richard Allen, right? Wrong. Find attached Exhibit 124 which is a report provided to the Defense in discovery from DNR Dan concerning his interview of Richard Allen. In this report, DNR Dan wrote the following: “

I checked my audio recordings and cannot find one for him. I will keep looking because I am sure I recorded every interaction I had related to my assigned leads

Footnotes.
When Liggett was asked if Dulin made any mistakes in the report that he (Dulin) drafted following his interview, Liggett responded: “I don’t. -- none that I’m aware of, no.” (Liggett depo. P. 11, lines 7-12)
but fellow Unified Command member Jerry Holeman had a different answer:” There was an error; I don’t know if it was processing or whatever you want to call it. But at some point, it got lost in the shuffle and entered incorrectly.” (Holeman depo. P... 0
Ahh I see, all said with a certain spin I'm used to seeing with the Defense. DD says he thought he taped them all but was obviously unsure. When was this DNR report produced, years later?

As far as Liggett, he answered no. As far as Holeman, sounds like he was talking about DD's report being missfiled in the FBI database, RA's last being changed to his street name, from Allen to Whitehouse. That's certainly not the fault of DD...MO

Thanks for providing that info. I don't think any of it leads one to think DD is somehow dishonest nor his notes corrupt. AJMO

I believe that incident was in Galveston, IN? IIRC, I could be wrong

It certainly is concerning that the witness descriptions differ from one another. I chalk this up to their ages, trauma surrounding the event, and simple human fallibility.

My eyes do see black boots in the BG photo, and in some lighting might see the jacket as black-ish.

View attachment 505773

I don’t recall the peeping Tom being dressed in black. Just the masked man part.

“According to the transcripts, a middle school-age girl in Galveston, Indiana, messaged the anthony_shots account that she wanted to hook up after school. She said her parents wouldn’t be home and shared her address. When she got off the bus a day later she saw a man in a ski mask peering into her bedroom window.”

I remembered him in all black PLUS a ski-mask. :confused:

I saw this mis-remembered recently so here's exactly what he said he was wearing. Nowhere did he say he was wearing a face covering.

View attachment 505755
When RA state "He then walked back and sat on a bench..." Is it in the context of walking back from the platform on the bridge to the same trail BB left on and passed the girls heading towards the bridge?

Anyone know how far this bench is from the start of the bridge? Is it that bench right at the beginning of the trail where the Preserve sign is or is there another bench closer to the bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick