Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Mother's Day to Moms and those who fill in as "Mom"!

OT: sad to hear that 12 year old brother of 8 year old Leila Fowler in CA has been charged in her murder. Awful Mother's Day for this mother, along with Moms where their children have been victims of crime, kids that have lost their moms to violence.

Wendy Andriano never appeared in court in her prison clothes - not when she stood before the jury post-conviction and pleaded for her life or at sentencing. The link below shows her being led away after sentencing, wearing the prim sweater/shell combo she wore both times (black/white) :

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/article_9703ce1b-97f2-551d-a845-c99861bb86bb.html

Personally, JA appearing in jail garb might elicit sympathy in a juror that she doesn't deserve. No reason at all to take that chance imo.

I cannot wait to see her lead away for the last time, no matter what she is wearing!!! :seeya::jail:

Very interesting perspective. Controlling is an understatement for JA.

By looking at the camera and proclaiming that she would prefer death to a life sentence, she was in essence saying to the jurors “you can’t hurt me. Yes, you can give me the death sentence but you’re only doing what I want you to. You aren’t controlling me. You can’t choose death for me because I have already chosen death for myself. I made the choice before you could.”

control, control, control!

MOO

Mel

This might have been answered already. Who is Matt McCartney? JA said that he would never betray her. Did he ever testify?

This might have been answered already. Who is Matt McCartney? JA said that he would never betray her. Did he ever testify?

MM was a former boyfriend of JA's but he never testified. He and JA "dated" before Darryl Brewer, the guy she lived with for four years. MM never testified but he is very much woven into the whole story. He is who JA stayed with the first night of her murderess road trip. He is one of the first people she called after her savagery, he is the one who JA was trying to get the magazines with secret message to. He told someone he would lie for JA. There's more to his story for sure but he's gone off the radar.

I'm glad I wasn't alone in those thoughts. My post from yesterday

In jr. high school when there was a boy I liked and was afraid to approach, I would play that disinterested game when my friends would egg me on to go talk to him.

I insisted I wasn't interested, didn't care, blah blah blah so that if he blew me off, I could save face and say, "Whatever. I told you I didn't like him." If he didn't blow me off, I could be outwardly nonchalant yet inwardly pleased as punch.

So it goes with Arias. She is terrified of the death penalty. It isn't what she wants but by insisting that it is the *only* thing she does want, if she gets the DP, she saves face. It's what she wanted. She doesn't appear even more defeated.

If she gets LWOP, she can forever play the victim and insist she really wanted the DP.

The rest of us outgrew those games.

I think the judge has already OK'ed it, apparently it is the judge's discretion to allow it or not.

Schuby,

WHEN do we get to see her shackled and led away to her fate?

WHEN does that day come? When she's formally sentenced or after the hearing on Wednesday.

I need to be in front of my monitor with a glass of wine to enjoy that wondrous sight. :D :D

Schuby,

WHEN do we get to see her shackled and led away to her fate?

WHEN does that day come? When she's formally sentenced or after the hearing on Wednesday.

I need to be in front of my monitor with a glass of wine to enjoy that wondrous sight. :D :D

It will be when she is sentenced, probably in a couple weeks.

Hey guys, I don't normally follow here but thought ya'll might want to know SNL had a skit with JA in it last night, testifying about benghazi. LOL, it was brief but fairly funny if you want to check out nbc.com for it. Thanks for hanging through the whole trial, so I can sneak in every 3 wks and get updates !

“you can’t hurt me. Yes, you can give me the death sentence but you’re only doing what I want you to. You aren’t controlling me. You can’t choose death for me because I have already chosen death for myself. I made the choice before you could.”

Don't you just want to scream at her, "POO OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY!"

:seeya: good morning again.

Wednesday cant come quick enough. she better not be allowed to wear civilian clothes,imo that will open another can of worms for anyone else that is convicted to get away with not wearing their stripes. and well personally i'd rather enjoy seeing her wear them and know that she was hating it because the whole world was seeing it too.

back to painting i go :( wish i'd never started :floorlaugh:

I really hope she comes to court in her yoga mat suicide garb.

This has probably been posted over and over again and I've just missed it but I think there's another reason for the interview other than Jodi's overwhelming need to cause as much drama as possible.

DP defendants get an automatic appeal while lifers have to come up with the money...right? (as JW would say!) An appeal means the possibility of a new trail, no matter how slight the possibility is. Life is life. Jodi is a gambler. She's not gonna take the chance of life with or without parole when she sees the possibility, in her delusion, of a new trail and freedom. JMO!

I am a first time poster and I have a thought/question. In his closing argument, JM called out ALV as lying during testimony. The DT never objected. I have never known of a defense "expert" allowed to be classified as this even in closing arguments. I am assuming that her entire testimony was impeached in chambers by JSS and that opened the door for JM to openly remark that she lied before the jury?

Welcome! Great Q. And I do not know. I was surprised that JM was allowed to accuse many of the experts of lying. That is a huge charge to me...., the witness may be incompetent, bias ect. but to accuse them of lying was one of the reasons I am not a fan of JM. But the judge is this case also baffled me becuase I found no sense in her overruled/sustains on either side. I'm sure lawyers on this thread could see the rational..but I could not.

She's not gonna take the chance of life with or without parole when she sees the possibility, in her delusion, of a new trail and freedom. JMO!

I think that once she's told that the chances of another trial are miniscule and the chances of her winning at the second trial - should all the planets line up perfectly across the galaxy - are even smaller, she still won't give it up until she's told that the second trial would not be televised and there probably wouldn't be any reporters save for the handful forced by their editors/producers to go.

THEN she'll give up the ghost.

I think the DT sitting of their hands while JM castigated ALV during rebuttal/closing indicated she deserved what he was dishing out and probably more, i.e. possibly a criminal charge.

Happy Mother's day to all of the mothers, grandmoms, moms to be and the stepmoms!
Enjoy your babies no matter their ages.

Welcome! Great Q. And I do not know. I was surprised that JM was allowed to accuse many of the experts of lying. That is a huge charge to me...., the witness may be incompetent, bias ect. but to accuse them of lying was one of the reasons I am not a fan of JM. But the judge is this case also baffled me becuase I found no sense in her overruled/sustains on either side. I'm sure lawyers on this thread could see the rational..but I could not.

ALV lied on the stand. He called her on it during cross. And re-cross. She admitted to lying. How insignificant she insisted the lie was is irrelevant.

So he wasn't imparting his opinion that she lied. It's on the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA