aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll speak up for herself whether her attys want her to or not. That last interview was a dress rehearsal for her grand finale.

I'm guessing she'll opt for the sad, sincere Jodi on the cross. As in, "I understand why you decided what you did, and I know all my lies before trial made it impossible for you to believe me, and I am sorry for that. I am also sorry that Travis is dead. I know now that it didn't have to be this way, that if I had only reported his abuse when it happened that he might have been able to get help, and that I could have too, and that he would still be alive.

I can understand that you probably think that I deserve the death penality, and maybe I do. If you decide on life for me though, I plan on spending that life helping other victims of domestic abuse in whatever ways I can. I want you to know, though, that I forgive you if your verdict is for death, because actually, death is the ultimate freedom and I am not afraid of it."

If JA speaks during the mitigation phase, I wouldn't put it past her to make a final attempt to try to charm & manipulate the jurors. I won't be surprised if she uses any of the words & phrases in your above post.

I won't be surprised if she feigns responsibility.

As far as I'm concerned, whatever she may say is too little, too late, and whatever she may say will be just another attempt to manipulate the jury.

I believe this jury is, thankfully, immune to her manipulations.

I had to work so naturally I am behind...I thought once the jurors voted for the aggravated finding that meant she would get the death sentence....I assume I was wrong,lol....can anyone enlighten me as to what is next? Thanks in advance!

I need to address this. There are members here who are practicing Wiccans. I would imagine reading the posts that include the W word and what some posters would like to do to JA, reading 'the W word' could be personally offensive. I wince every time I read it. I value the posters here. I value all opinions, even those that are totally opposite of mine. I have no idea the criteria for the rule about the W word, but I will never use it in a derogatory way out of love and support for Wiccan posters. JMO :)

Becky sharp cannot use any word that begins or contains the letter W! She is safe until she gets her new computer.

You cannot make this stuff up.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Oh why Juror 8, please oh please. He gives me tummy pangs! So, here we go.

Goodness I love that the vast majority of the jurors have such conviction about their decision. Unfortunately Arias has had too much of her thorazine drip to react enough for the taser belt...

Sure she would, but it would be in slow motion and we'd all would still love it and could only hope the bailiff thought it wasn't working and give her another jolt. If Arizona had the chair it would be a small taste of what was coming.

Becky sharp cannot use any word that begins or contains the letter W! She is safe until she gets her new computer.

You cannot make this stuff up.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'd be interested in the stats pertaining to...murder 1 verdicts followed quickly by aggravated cruelty verdicts...and death penalty verdicts.

It seems to me that this jury has had enough and made their toughest decision (murder 1) and is basically closing this sh&^ out at this point. Kind of a team now...the first phase was a feeling out process - that's why it took so long.

I think you're right and I'm sure they've figured out the dynamics of the group pretty well. On the other hand I tend to think they've taken each part of the process as it comes without thinking ahead --guilt phase on its own, today for what it is without thinking about the penalty and tomorrow they will start evaluating based on the criteria they are given and the presentation by lawyers and the family.

I would imagine each juror has some idea of what punishment they're leaning to but they could be swayed by what they're going to hear and it sounds like CMJA really doesn't have many mitigators, under the law, other than her age maybe. And finally when the jurors hear from the Alexanders that could change some minds towards the DP.

No way will Jodi pass up an opportunity to speak in front of a camera! She will make a statement tomorrow and it won't include an apology or a speck of remorse.

Mark my words...

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the videos were in January and substantiated by the court observers. IIRC both Katie Wick and KCL spoke/wrote about it. I remember seeing it the day JM put Dr. Horn up and Samantha and Tanisha left the courtroom in tears. The twin sisters could be seen turning their heads watching them leave and then laughing. We were pretty aghast on here.

:toast:

:bowdown:

Hi Friends!

I really think that this trial has highlighted the best and worst of the human character.
I have watched the strength of the Alexander family as they have attended every day of this painful trial, and by painful I don't just mean hearing what happened to their brother but also having to see Jodi's show - the crocodile tears, the smirks, the lies, the absolute lack of remorse. I have seen the entire prosecution team fight with passion for the family and to be the voice of Travis himself.

I have heard of the jury sitting in the box, taking their responsibilities so very seriously, knowing that a person's life has been taken and that the taker of that life has her own life on the line. Their commitment to this trial and their duties are evident in the amount of time they took to find her guilty of M1 and to find that the state proved the excessive cruelty. They are our heroes, as well.

I have also seen the disgusting lengths that "this individual" will go to in order to place all blame at everyone's feet but her own. But I have also seen lawyers who stretch the truth, tell outright lies and turn a phrase so that it seems to mean something it is not. I have watched witnesses lie and who are so biased that it is impossible to believe anything in their testimony. And I have seen Americans disgusted by this.

So I have seen the best and worst.....and could give you so many more examples of both.

My hats are off to our heroes who have fought and are fighting the fight on behalf of Travis and his family. And to the heroes on this site, who have loved and supported Travis and his family.

As a society, it is wonderful that we are rallying for justice and for a precious life that was taken. I have to ask myself......wouldn't it be wonderful to rally all the time for truth, truth in our justice system, our political system and in how we treat each other. This trial has made me think of my life and how I make a difference to others.

When Jodi took Travis' life in anger and hatred and tried to spread that anger to others, I think she failed completely. In turn, we loved him more and allowed his life to teach us and look within ourselves to find the best. Jodi completely failed in what she was aiming to do. Instead of wiping him out, she made him into a shining light of humanity, love and an example of what we can all be.

JMO

Question for individuals still here .

What trial will you be following next? I will not be following Trayvon but I will be following the Andrea Sneiderman case in Atlanta

I have never been able to locate the laughing at post mortem photos videos. Would you be so super über awesome and point me to them? :wave:

I don't have photos, but I might be able to help folks find a video link to a supporting story. One of Travis' friends definitely said that he saw the mom and aunt chuckling during the throat-slashing picture being shown in closing arguments. I believe it was shown the day of the verdict. It would have been something on HLN. I'm sorry that I can't remember which friend said that in his interview or who was doing the interviewing!

Someone might remember it from that description, though.

I didn't get the impression that they were definitely laughing at the picture. Probably just not paying attention or something. But he did say that he thought it was very inappropriate.

Oh why Juror 8, please oh please. He gives me tummy pangs! So, here we go.

Why? From his short interview he seems like a very thoughtful person and rather intelligent.

I am looking forward to what he has to say.

IMO

I need to address this. There are members here who are practicing Wiccans. I would imagine reading the posts that include the W word and what some posters would like to do to JA, reading 'the W word' could be personally offensive. I wince every time I read it. I value the posters here. I value all opinions, even those that are totally opposite of mine. I have no idea the criteria for the rule about the W word, but I will never use it in a derogatory way out of love and support for Wiccan posters. JMO :)

Awwwww...thank you! And no sweat to the OP either.... :hugs:
now I wont have to turn you into a frog:floorlaugh:
(Total joke!!!)....(I only turn people into Emus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte