GUILTY AK - Cynthia Hoffman, 19, found deceased, Anchorage, 2 Jun 2019 *mentality of a 12 year old* *arrest*

I've followed this case on twitter and have been surprised (and dismayed) that the focus seems to be on "how could Denali have been so stupid to believe a millionaire would offer a teen millions of dollars to murder someone?" I understand that point, but would it be any less horrible if it had been a REAL millionaire who really had the money???

I just heard about this case today when it was briefly mentioned in another active thread. I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this one! Everyone involved seems so apathetic, which I guess partially makes sense given their supposed developmental delays and/or trauma. I still find it very weird. Not much information about families on either side. I guess it is a silver lining in that the case wasn't dragged out and the people that did this were identified early on.
Yes, I agree with you, especially given the fact that Denali had also sexually abused two girls (at her catfish's request) and posted those images on her phone. I suspect we'll hear more about this case as it gets closer to trial.

Yes, I agree with you, especially given the fact that Denali had also sexually abused two girls (at her catfish's request) and posted those images on her phone. I suspect we'll hear more about this case as it gets closer to trial.

Investigators only found images of the 15 y/o girl she abused on her phone but not of the 8 or 9 y/o girl. Denali seems to have offered this piece of information voluntarily. I will try to find the link.

I'm as shocked as everyone else here, what a horrific crime. Poor Cynthia trusted this perverted and paid with her life after what must have been terrifying and humiliating last moments of her life.

The photos published of Denali are frightening. Hope that smirk will be wiped off her face in time. Reminds me of the photos of the Manson girls after their arrest. So glad they were all caught quickly, hopefully never to be released again.

Investigators only found images of the 15 y/o girl she abused on her phone but not of the 8 or 9 y/o girl. Denali seems to have offered this piece of information voluntarily. I will try to find the link.

I'm as shocked as everyone else here, what a horrific crime. Poor Cynthia trusted this perverted and paid with her life after what must have been terrifying and humiliating last moments of her life.

The photos published of Denali are frightening. Hope that smirk will be wiped off her face in time. Reminds me of the photos of the Manson girls after their arrest. So glad they were all caught quickly, hopefully never to be released again.

Here is the quote and link about the abused child:

"Brehmer also told detectives she had assaulted an 8 or 9-year-old girl, but FBI agents who searched her phone weren’t able to find evidence of that assault."

Defendants in Anchorage teen’s murder face new federal child *advertiser censored* charges

Indiana man accused of masterminding Cynthia Hoffman killing pleads not guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges

Cynthia Hoffman’s father, Timothy Hoffman, said he struggled to remain silent in court Wednesday.

“I’m out for one thing and one thing only, and that’s justice,” he told reporters after the hearing. “That’s to make him rot in jail, for all them people to send him to hell.”

His federal indictment includes charges of conspiracy to produce child *advertiser censored*, production of child *advertiser censored* and receipt and distribution of child *advertiser censored*. He is also charged with coercion and enticement of a minor, which is the most severe of the charges and carries a maximum lifetime prison sentence.
Additionally, Schilmiller is facing two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder in state court, among other charges, stemming from accusations he offered Brehmer $9 million to “rape and murder someone in Alaska."

Indiana man accused of masterminding Cynthia Hoffman killing pleads not guilty to child *advertiser censored* charges

Cynthia Hoffman’s father, Timothy Hoffman, said he struggled to remain silent in court Wednesday.

“I’m out for one thing and one thing only, and that’s justice,” he told reporters after the hearing. “That’s to make him rot in jail, for all them people to send him to hell.”

The pain must be unbearable :( Sending warm thoughts and prayers to this family.

Yes, I was thinking FAS for a couple of them.

Agreed that THC can be very bad news. I use CBD and swear by it for arthritis, but I hope I never need medical cannabis, or at least not a high-THC variant. Unfortunately THC is the active substance in combating glaucoma, which I have. Sigh.

Hi! just wanted to let you know, I worked in ophthalmology, specifically in glaucoma, for nine years and THC has no actual proven long lasting affects on glaucoma. My doctors actually refused to prescribe it because the research is so insufficient. So I hope that helps you feel better about the possibility of never needing it . :)

But back to this case...no words. Horribly, horribly sad and upsetting.

Catfishing or not, it is very simple in my opinion.

Is it right to murder someone or is it wrong? Whether someone offers you money to kill, film it all and then send them pictures, is this right or wrong?

All of those involved know that murder is wrong. There are very few people who commit murders who don't know it's wrong. Those that don't know it's wrong are in a whole other category.

Critical thinking or not.....murder is wrong. Sexual assault is wrong. They knew it was wrong but did it anyway thinking they would get paid. Perhaps this is where critical thinking should have or could have come into play.

The bottom line is that they knew what they were doing was wrong. Murder is wrong.

MOO
Maybe they knew what they were doing was not right but they don't give a damn. Why? Of course I don't know for sure but maybe because we live in a society that gives too much relevance to money. *
People grow up thinking everything is ok if you can make money (especially if you can get rich quick from it...)
Maybe our rulers all over the world should re-think our society or crimes like this will increase in the future.

* or maybe they're just a bunch of psychos or natural born killers without soul...

"ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - A reality for the families and friends of murder victims - one now being faced by those of Cynthia Hoffman - is the lengthy amount of time trials often take, not only to happen but to begin.

As six different people, including two minors, face state charges for Hoffman's murder in June, the community supporting Hoffman is left waiting for justice, with a long road ahead: On Tuesday, a discovery hearing was postponed yet again, with defendants' attorneys requesting more time to review a 160-page discovery document that was recently provided to each of them.

With no objection from state prosecutors over the request, Superior Court Judge Michael Wolverton granted the continuance, setting the next discovery hearing for January."

With hearing postponed, family of Cynthia Hoffman awaits murder trial

Maybe they knew what they were doing was not right but they don't give a damn. Why? Of course I don't know for sure but maybe because we live in a society that gives too much relevance to money. *
People grow up thinking everything is ok if you can make money (especially if you can get rich quick from it...)
Maybe our rulers all over the world should re-think our society or crimes like this will increase in the future.

* or maybe they're just a bunch of psychos or natural born killers without soul...

i think they are not smart, they are bored, they may see no future, and also, they are very visual. This whole gen Z, I mean, They get introduced to *advertiser censored* online so early, when the prefrontal cortex is still developing. Then they can not see the difference between the reality and the virtual reality.

in old times, we were concerned that there was so much violence in movies that it could affect kids. And Hollywood responded accordingly. But that was the usual process, viewing violence on the screen and transforming it into reality, acting out what one saw.

This case represents another step, it seems to be the opposite; Schilmiller ordered the real kill, in order to enjoy it in virtual reality form.

I am not commenting on the rest, we all feel horrible about it. But what a dangerous trend. People can’t feel the killing or the rape unless it is digitized. It all becomes part of some computer game.

ANCHORAGE (KTUU)- On Tuesday, a judge ordered the second rescheduling of a discovery hearing for Denali Brehmer, Kayden McIntosh,Caleb Leyland and Darin Schilmiller. The group of four are accused in the murder of 19-year-old Cynthia Hoffman last June.

The initial discovery hearing for the case was set to take place last October, but was postponed. At that time, attorneys requested an extension which would allow them to fully analyze 160 pages of information related to the case. Now, it appears that it will be quite sometime before the court gets around to setting a trial date.

On Tuesday morning, prosecutors handed 56 gigabytes of material over to the defense teams. When pressed about the volume of the new information, Anchorage Assistant District Attorney Patrick McKay told the judge that it would amount to more than 100,000 pages if printed out in PDF a format- one cellphone extraction "by itself, is over 60,000 pages," according to McKay.

Second delay in discovery hearing for alleged killers in Cynthia Hoffman murder trial

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaosDisciple
Back