AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is crazy. I never thought serial killer. Neeeeeevvvvver.
I did see that and we sure didn't find it!

Nor did we find that the "cabin" he owns in Constable, used to be the "family" home. Dilapidated and looked abandoned. He paid property taxes every year but never worked on it. It's a tangential detail, but I'm curious about how and why he bought it.

Presser today at 1:30pm AK time. It should be on ADN.com or KTUU.com

:seeya:

LE will be releasing additional details in the upcoming days. They are working with families and trying to give victim's families closure if possible.

How did Sam Koenig die?

Poor, poor young girl. If only a customer walked by at the coffe house at the time of her abduction.!! This could've prevented this crime.

good lord jesus, mary and joseph,

the police dept have in custody a multi-state serial killer, likely their biggest collar ever, and they have him unsupervised???

Sam's dad should be ticked off

the fact keyes admitted killings and likely would lead them to more killings.

Would'nt someone in the police dept have a clue that suicide was a huge possibility especially since keyes pretty much knew "the game was over for him"??

WHY can't they just give all the information BEFORE they kill themselves!?!?! :furious:

Does anyone remember the details of that Israel Keyes that there are records of with the murder suicide or something? Details are fuzzy. Curious of year and state.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/alaska-serial-killer-buried-murder-supplies-country/story?id=17874735

Keyes told authorities that his victims received little if any media attention when they disappeared. Authorities said that "based on his own research," Keyes said that one of his victims had been recovered, but the death was ruled accidental. Investigators said they have not identified the victim or location of that alleged crime.

"Keyes also admitted traveling to various locations to leave supplies he planned to use in a future crime. Keyes buried caches throughout the United States," the FBI said.

Police and the FBI spent hours talking to Keyes in the months after his arrest and he was cooperating, talking to investigators as recently as Thursday.

Authorities wouldn't say how Keyes killed himself, only that he was alone in his cell. An autopsy will be conducted.

bbm

"According to The Southern Poverty Law Center, an organization that tracks cases related to racism across the country, Israel Keyes grew up near Chevie and Cheyne Kehoe, brothers who are currently serving life sentences for murder and attempted murder.

SPLC’s HateWatch blog says Keyes was a childhood friend of the Kehoes. The two families lived less than a mile apart and considered each other friends, a Stevens Co. source tells the site.
The Kehoes identified with a church called The Ark, located near both families’ homes, according to this source. The Ark preaches white people are the superior race and claims modern-day Jews are descendents of Satan. SPLC suggests the Keyes family might have given their son the name Israel based on their belief in the Christian Identity church.
The Stevens Co. source went on to tell SPLC the relationship between Keyes and the Kehoe brothers continued into their teen years. Authorities say they might have even attended a rally together in the early 90s targeting racists and neo-Nazis in Stevens Co."

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=182058761&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10222

I clicked the link at the bottom of the article. Not sure about this one. :waitasec:

Does anyone remember the details of that Israel Keyes that there are records of with the murder suicide or something? Details are fuzzy. Curious of year and state.

Hi Joslmaman! I remember what you are talking about....wasn't that Israel Keyes also ex-military or something?

Oh my God. That is more evil and heinous than I could possibly imagine. I have no words as the details released today are horrific. Her poor family. She was so courageous, and must have been terrified. At least he didn't leave her alive in the shed for 2 weeks while he went on his cruise. I want to swear and carry on, it makes me so livid, these details.

RIP Samantha :(

Omg, did the SOB commit suicide? I made the mistake of reading the last post first, then started going back. I am absolutely furious. Ffs

Wondergirl: go to Serial Killers forum on here. People are trying to connect him with other disappearances. He doesn't seem to have any victim preferences, although he raped Samantha. Reading what he did makes me happy he's dead but he made sure not to divvy up any specific details of his other victims, the .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa