AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this is not going to end well, I assume they are out of Anchorage by now and maybe headed either out of Alaska or somewhere in Alaska.

Did anybody see her being abducted? and was it dark @ 8:00?

Yes it was dark. Security camera footage caught the abductor approaching and leaving with Samantha. No witness' have been mentioned by LE.

I am not giving up or going to say this will not end well. I'll maintain the hope she will be brought home safely. I want her Father to hold her in his arms again. :please:

Here's the rules regarding fb just so you know.

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Anyway, yes you can use her initials. Interesting that you say CB and SK were in a relationship.....I questioned that in one of my early posts on here, because I thought it would go a long way to explaining why she might not have shown up in court, resulting in those charges against him being dropped.

Thank you Jaysee, I hope you join the discussion, a local perspective is always valuable.

Going on day four of Samantha missing
icon9.gif

If the abductor and Samantha head east towards Old Seaward Hwy., where would they have headed? Continued east on Tudor, or jumped on the New Seaward Hwy and headed out of town? What was the weather like Wednesday night, were all roads passable?

Samantha's Father (in a facebook post) said the other video footage in the area showed nothing. Not to disrespect local LE, but at this point I'm wondering if the FBI can be called in to help. The most resources and expertise, the better for Samantha, MOO.

We have had record snow fall this year.... Our snow is piled so high that we can't see much over the snow brims... With these temps if she wasn't taken inside, I'm afraid she is no longer with us... And it would be so easy to hide her body so she isn't found till April or May...

I saw someone said maybe she took the money and left with whoever this guy was.... I like that idea personally because that means she is safe some where.. but it doesn't seem like she is the type to do some like this... (I can always hope tho..)

My Daugther in law is friends with someone who is close to the Mom... I don't think there is going to be a good out come for Samantha...

Also wanted to say... yes it is dark at 8pm this time of year.. we are heading into more daylight but won't have light at 8 pm for while yet... Like today daylight came at 9:12am and it will be dark by 5:17pm, we are gaining about 5 minutes a day...

Talk is he walked her to a car that was out of the camera's view.....

Samantha's boyfriend Dwayne says he spoke with her just minutes before she was abducted and says "everything was fine." He was supposed to give her a ride home from work.

"I had the only means of transportation for her and I got off work and went to go get her, and she wasn't there. It was a mess," says Dwayne.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...r-of-abducted-barista18-pleads-for-her-return

I keep wondering "And then what happened?" If Dwayne spoke to her "minutes before she was abducted", and he was her only means of transportation, what happened when he discovered she was not there? I would think those 2 statements by Dwayne pretty much alleviate the possibility that he thought someone else gave her a ride or something, so did he contact her father or friends immediately? I would think her not being there should have concerned him right away.....

I wondered why it took so long to report her missing too? IIRC, her Dad called APD on Thursday at 1:00PM.

Not going to criticize anyone or do the coulda, shoulda, woulda. In hindsight, everything always seems clear. We here at WS are educated in what to do immediately when someone goes missing, the average person isn't.

My daughter always teases me. "I'm letting you guys know beforehand because I don't want Mom to call the police and report me missing when I don't answer" ♥

I can't link from here, but it's so compelling that her father has "suspects" in mind. So do I. MOO Still praying.

I do not think she took the money and ran off with anyone. There is not nearly enough money at the end of a shift to run off and start a 'new life' with. It's not like she worked in a bank. It was probably a few hundred bucks, at most. imo

wow, looking at the Common Grounds facebook photo galleries, seems they were serving up a bit of tease with their coffee (relatively playful and fun):

http://www.facebook.com/commongroundsespresso?sk=photos

Obviously people can dress etc however they choose, but if you're going
to hire a platoon of 18 to 25 yr relatively comely females to staff your drive through coffee stand in dark at 5 pm Alaska, maybe having only 1 girl on duty at a time isn't the best move, esp after dark.

I guess Common Ground is relatively demure compared to their competition:

http://community.adn.com/node/159451

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beans-n-Things/200446033323757

crikey, the staff at Starbucks and Argo Tea around here don't do anything like that. And half of em are dudes anyhow.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-searc...-grow-reward-triples-20120205,0,7599615.story
[snipped]
Anchorage, AK—
A local restaurant is helping in the search for Samantha Koenig by distributing fliers through pizza delivery boxes, and to dine-in customers.

Muldoon Pizza in Anchorage says the family of Samantha Koenig came to the restaurant, asking if they could pass out the fliers. Employees decided to tape a flier to each pizza box, with hopes of spreading the word.
I hope with all of the efforts of the family and community, Samantha will be found soon. But, it doesn't look good. :( This case reminds me of the Holly Bobo case. Holly was last seen being led away by someone. Then she seemed to vanish without a trace and hasn't been found despite the family's and community's efforts in distributing flyers and holding fundraisers. One of the POI's in Holly's disappearance was a former boyfriend whom she had a protective order against. It's believed the perp had a getaway vehicle hidden.

I hope for a good outcome for both women, but time is ticking away.

In some articles, Samantha's dad and LE have alluded to more than one kidnapper. I'm thinking there isn't more surveillance footage of the kidnapping because the perp led Samantha to a waiting car on Old Seward Hwy. I speculated earlier that a second man may have watched Dwayne and communicated with the robber to let him know that Dwayne hadn't left work yet. Then, he could have driven over to pick the robber/kidnapper and Samantha up on Old Seward. I wonder how far Dwayne's place of employment if from the coffee stand.

James Koenig on Saturday sent out a message to captors pleading for his daughter’s safe return.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-safe-return/2012/02/05/gIQAylnasQ_story.html

I do not think she took the money and ran off with anyone. There is not nearly enough money at the end of a shift to run off and start a 'new life' with. It's not like she worked in a bank. It was probably a few hundred bucks, at most. imo

I don't think so either, the amount of money he could have gotten certainly doesn't seem to warrant the amount of trouble a kidnapping charge (and maybe worse) carries. A hard core drug addict not thinking straight and in desperate need of money could blow this theory, but I'd also think that such a person would be more prone to having made a mistake, and this guy has gotten away with this so far.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-searc...-grow-reward-triples-20120205,0,7599615.story
[snipped]

I hope with all of the efforts of the family and community, Samantha will be found soon. But, it doesn't look good. :( This case reminds me of the Holly Bobo case. Holly was last seen being led away by someone. Then she seemed to vanish without a trace and hasn't been found despite the family's and community's efforts in distributing flyers and holding fundraisers. One of the POI's in Holly's disappearance was a former boyfriend whom she had a protective order against. It's believed the perp had a getaway vehicle hidden.

I hope for a good outcome for both women, but time is ticking away.

In some articles, Samantha's dad and LE have alluded to more than one kidnapper. I'm thinking there isn't more surveillance footage of the kidnapping because the perp led Samantha to a waiting car on Old Seward Hwy. I speculated earlier that a second man may have watched Dwayne and communicated with the robber to let him know that Dwayne hadn't left work yet. Then, he could have driven over to pick the robber/kidnapper and Samantha up on Old Seward. I wonder how far Dwayne's place of employment if from the coffee stand.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-safe-return/2012/02/05/gIQAylnasQ_story.html

I wonder the same. Dwayne said he spoke to Samantha "within minutes" of her being kidnapped. Does that mean he works super-close and called and said he was leaving work, or does that mean he was in the car on his way, and called to let her know he would arrive in a few minutes? This crime seems planned to me, which either means that the kidanpper was "in the know" about when Dwayne was leaving work, or is SO "lucky" and managed not to be in the middle of taking her when Dwayne showed up.

Samantha's boyfriend Dwayne says he spoke with her just minutes before she was abducted and says "everything was fine." He was supposed to give her a ride home from work.

"I had the only means of transportation for her and I got off work and went to go get her, and she wasn't there. It was a mess," says Dwayne.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...r-of-abducted-barista18-pleads-for-her-return

I keep wondering "And then what happened?" If Dwayne spoke to her "minutes before she was abducted", and he was her only means of transportation, what happened when he discovered she was not there? I would think those 2 statements by Dwayne pretty much alleviate the possibility that he thought someone else gave her a ride or something, so did he contact her father or friends immediately? I would think her not being there should have concerned him right away.....

It probably did concern him, but what could he do? He had no way of knowing what happened to her at that point. You know the media leaves a lot out in these reports. Even though he may have stated what he did next, somehow that didn't make it into the news report. We don't know if he called her father right away or not. Maybe he went looking for her himself. None of that is important right now, it's not about the boyfriend, it's about Samantha.
My guess is some guy was stalking her, found the right opportunity when no one else was around and grabbed her. He wasn't there for the money, he wanted her. It could have happened in 2 minutes or less, wouldn't matter if the boyfriend was 10 minutes late or 30. And I would bet that this was planned, not just a spur of the moment thing.

It probably did concern him, but what could he do? He had no way of knowing what happened to her at that point. You know the media leaves a lot out in these reports. Even though he may have stated what he did next, somehow that didn't make it into the news report. We don't know if he called her father right away or not. Maybe he went looking for her himself. None of that is important right now, it's not about the boyfriend, it's about Samantha.
My guess is some guy was stalking her, found the right opportunity when no one else was around and grabbed her. He wasn't there for the money, he wanted her. It could have happened in 2 minutes or less, wouldn't matter if the boyfriend was 10 minutes late or 30. And I would bet that this was planned, not just a spur of the moment thing.

I agree with that, and in order for it to be planned, and for it to have taken place after her bf should have already been there, whoever did this had to somehow know he was going to be late. The only reason I wonder "what happened next" after he arrived within minutes of speaking with her is because if he got out of the car and looked for her or drove around looking, he may have interrupted this UNLESS the kidnapper knew time was very short and got her in a car and out of that area very, very quickly to avoid being intercepted by her bf.

I wonder the same. Dwayne said he spoke to Samantha "within minutes" of her being kidnapped. Does that mean he works super-close and called and said he was leaving work, or does that mean he was in the car on his way, and called to let her know he would arrive in a few minutes? This crime seems planned to me, which either means that the kidanpper was "in the know" about when Dwayne was leaving work, or is SO "lucky" and managed not to be in the middle of taking her when Dwayne showed up.

The kidnapper could have overheard Samantha on the phone with her boyfriend, saying something to the effect of "ok, so you're going to be late, see you at 8:30."

wow, looking at the Common Grounds facebook photo galleries, seems they were serving up a bit of tease with their coffee (relatively playful and fun):

http://www.facebook.com/commongroundsespresso?sk=photos

Obviously people can dress etc however they choose, but if you're going
to hire a platoon of 18 to 25 yr relatively comely females to staff your drive through coffee stand in dark at 5 pm Alaska, maybe having only 1 girl on duty at a time isn't the best move, esp after dark.

I guess Common Ground is relatively demure compared to their competition:

http://community.adn.com/node/159451

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beans-n-Things/200446033323757

crikey, the staff at Starbucks and Argo Tea around here don't do anything like that. And half of em are dudes anyhow.

Looks like the coffee places you referred to are the "Hooters" of the coffee drinking crowd! :waitasec:

Very very scary. 8 pm seems fairly early in the evening and I would think most robbers just want the cash. I wonder why they haven't released a photo of the images captured with the abductor ? Obviously there is a violent criminal on the loose in that area and tip may able to come about about . I hope she's found safe and justice is served for this terrifying crime.

Very very scary. 8 pm seems fairly early in the evening and I would think most robbers just want the cash. I wonder why they haven't released a photo of the images captured with the abductor ? Obviously there is a violent criminal on the loose in that area and tip may able to come about about . I hope she's found safe and justice is served for this terrifying crime.

I think the fact that LE has not released the surveillance photos of the perp suggests they are certain this crime was personal. It was not random, but Samantha was targeted for a personal reason. JMO

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ska-barista-samantha-koenig-increases-reward/
[snipped]
The father of 18-year-old Samantha Koenig, who police say was abducted at gunpoint from her espresso stand says the reward for information that leads to her safe return has grown to $41,000. James Koenig had originally been offering a $12,500 reward.

MSM is now reporting that a gun was used in the robbery and abduction. This is a new detail that has emerged, if I'm not mistaken, in the last 24 hours. Earlier, LE did not reveal the type of weapon the perp was armed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther