Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say - out of everything - I am not focused on the Venmo vs. debit card, alligators vs wild pigs, locked gate vs. open...I CANNOT get this dialogue from the supposed text/Snap messages out of my head. This does NOT make sense. I'm not sure I believe this was actually a text/snap exchange.

IF these texts/SNAPS were ACTUALLY made - there is NO way a girl would respond to a girlfriend (that is as concerned as this one claims to be by 'waiting up' and saying I love you when she is about to see her in a few seconds (insert side eye), because she is SUPPOSEDLY close to home at that point) with "I'm with Eric" "a guy I just met"...and even if AB responded to her roommate with that answer - do you really think in a MILLION YEARS a roommate/friend in which was that close to the missing that she is 'waiting up' for her would not have said something along the lines of "huh" Eric who" 'a guy you just met, where"...there is no way in the world she would not have had questions. NO WAY! I don't believe a word of this. Either these texts were never actually sent (remember they received screen shots of the SNAPs) (there are generators that can create fake text messages) OR they were sent by someone else.

Her roommate is the last person to have any KNOWN interaction with her - apparently. At that point she was close to home. (insert side eye)

The " I'm so, so sorry" does NOT sit well with me. Nobody says that. For what? I'm so, so sorry is for if you did something...so, so wrong. The phrase makes no sense being used in this context. She didnt write that. Again, this is either fabricated OR someone had her phone.

Someone who knew her, knew the override code to get into her phone vs. face recognition disabled her 360 and then turned her phone off.

I very often sit silent...I rarely even attempt to come up with a scenario that i share out loud here...but something stinks here. I am afraid we are overlooking the obvious.
I at this point, can almost guarantee that a select 1-3 people I have in mind, know EXACTLY what happened to this beautiful girl.

Time will tell. I hope I am wrong.

I don't want to blame the roommate in any way, but, I also thought that was odd that the roomate never addressed it. I also find it all very convenient that Life360 was disabled the day she went missing and that her phone was having charging issues. Why not buy a new charger earlier in the day if the issue is with the charger?
Also, I don't know what the mileage is like in her car, but, if she drove 4 hours on a full tank without gassing up, whomever had her car between Auburn & Montgomery may have had to add gas when they took over her car.

I don't know much about the 360 app so I'm wondering would a person have to actually know that someone has that on their phone in order to disable it? Like if unknown guy looks at phone would he automatically know she has the 360 app?
I have it. You would likely see the app on the phone to know the app was installed. I think if she was saving battery life she turned it off, it drains your battery because it always uses your location, at least the way I have mine set up. Someone might have just looked for any app that was using location services and disabled it there. But the app itself has one little swipe to disable your location services when you open it and go into settings.

Also, I don't know what the mileage is like in her car, but, if she drove 4 hours on a full tank without gassing up, whomever had her car between Auburn & Montgomery may have had to add gas when they took over her car.

I can drive 7 or 8 hours on a full tank of gas. It would be interesting to know if she stopped for gas earlier in the evening, on the way home from the funeral.

I remember seeing posted upthread that Aniah turned off the life360 at the funeral to try to save her battery. My question is in this app are other people able to see if you have it enabled or not? Would someone be able to know that she had disabled it?

Totally agree with the snap exchange. Something is definitely fishy. The only way it makes sense to me is if Aniah was planning on returning home (to her apartment) with “Eric”. That would mean that this person was already in the car with her at the Chevron.

I don't want to blame the roommate in any way, but, I also thought that was odd that the roomate never addressed it. I also find it all very convenient that Life360 was disabled the day she went missing and that her phone was having charging issues. Why not buy a new charger earlier in the day if the issue is with the charger?
That is an excellent point - they know where her car started (on video) and where it ended up - I hope the check gas stations that evening.

Disregard is this has already been posted. But I saw on social (source is from a local news station) where Forestry & Wildlife is doing a controlled burn of 610 acres in the Tuskegee National Forest today. Doesn’t seem like a good idea to me with TEQ starting their searching today. That is unless of course the area has been cleared by AUPD. If not, seems like if the perp is monitoring social...that would sound like an opportunity for them...& maybe that’s what LE is expecting...not sure. Sure doesn’t seem like the best thing tho. Thoughts?

EBM - I accident typed TES-changed to TEQ

Disregard is this has already been posted. But I saw on social (source is from a local news station) where Forestry & Wildlife is doing a controlled burn of 610 acres in the Tuskegee National Forest today. Doesn’t seem like a good idea to me with TEQ starting their searching today. That is unless of course the area has been cleared by AUPD. If not, seems like if the perp is monitoring social...that would sound like an opportunity for them...& maybe that’s what LE is expecting...not sure. Sure doesn’t seem like the best thing tho. Thoughts?

Attaching a screenshot of the post from one of the meteorologists at WSFA in Montgomery.

Attachments

• 4369A8EB-6D46-4C90-BE10-7C69538411D4.jpeg
    4369A8EB-6D46-4C90-BE10-7C69538411D4.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 40
I remember seeing posted upthread that Aniah turned off the life360 at the funeral to try to save her battery. My question is in this app are other people able to see if you have it enabled or not? Would someone be able to know that she had disabled it?

Yes I can see if anyone in my "family circle" has turned location services off.

I don't know much about the 360 app so I'm wondering would a person have to actually know that someone has that on their phone in order to disable it? Like if unknown guy looks at phone would he automatically know she has the 360 app?

If this is the guy she’d met in the last week (or two) that went unnamed by Walt on the MMA interview, it’s very possible she’d mentioned the app to him before. As in, “My parents always track me. ”

editing to add: I see above that she’d turned it off at the funeral.

If my roommate says she is almost home, I'm not going to drag out a conversation with her on snapchat. I think it definitely could've been her texting because if it was someone else, wouldn't they say she was planning to stay out longer, or would be home in an hour or so? What if the roommate had said she was going to wait up since AB was almost home? As for the "so so sorry", I can see myself saying "OMG, I'm SOOOOOO sorry!" if someone says they've been waiting up for me. And I'm not 19.
I agree, but why go to bed? Aniah was always going to be home late - she didn't even leave Birmingham until around 8:00 if I remember right. I can't see how the roommate was really expecting her before 11:00. She drops her brother off, goes to the gas station, and then for whatever reason is with someone else - but says she's almost home. You've waited up for her until 11:30pm, why go to bed now?

If you're the perp sending these messages, this seems like a huge risk. What's to say roommate doesn't say "ok see you in a few minutes" and then check back in 20 minutes later when she's still not home? From what I can tell, it's the roommate who first reported her missing the next day. By saying she's almost home at 11:30pm, it seems like the alarms could have been sounded earlier if the roommate had just waited up, which the perp would have had no reason to think she wouldn't do.

Looks like #707. Here it is, and you’re right about “I just met him”. She had met Harry 2 weeks prior, right? So the roommate would have known about him.

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with eric
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too

Still catching up, are we sure this was sent by Aniah? Tia.

Noticing she didn’t answer the question.

Something is still bugging me about the Snapchat conversation. I think it's that she answered her roommate with "I'm with Eric" and then says it's a guy she just met. If you just met someone (which makes it sound like you met them that night), I don't feel like you'd answer someone saying "I'm with (person's name)." If you just met them, there's no way your roommate would know who you were talking about. So why would you just say "I'm with Eric" like they should know who that is?

I feel like I would respond with "I'm hanging out with a guy I just met." IDK it's weird to me. And she didn't say it was a guy she just met until she was prompted by being asked "who is that?" It does make me wonder if she sent those messages IMO.

Also the roommate asked WHERE she was at and she never answered the question. She said WHO she was with instead.

Agree.

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with eric
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too
Wow. That really feels like a made up text series to me.. moo
And her parents say that’s her “vernacular”? Meaning she’s a simple texter? Easy to duplicate imo

I haven’t been able to read every post unfortunately but re: the discussion of local wildlife, this is an element that comes up for discussion in a variety of cases, alligators specifically for example Brittney Drexel, Heather Elvis and Diana Alvarez to name a few.

My point is that considering this search looks like possibly a recovery mission and TES is currently scouring terrain, the element of local wildlife would be a potential variable here. We also know that scavenging by coyotes, etc. often unearths buried victims.

Last edited:

Attaching a screenshot of the post from one of the meteorologists at WSFA in Montgomery.

UPDATE: Controlled burn has been called off! Crazy how long it takes government agencies to communicate lol. I mean...I see where that could happen. How was AUPD supposed to know that a controlled burn of that exact area was scheduled to occur. & it’s not like the Dept of Conservation is an agency that you’d usually keep in the loop on a case (in a case like this as far as state agencies I’d think ALDOT would be the main one aside from the normal ones)...but come on man!! You’d think at least someone at Conservation would have thrown a flag on that play immediately when it was mentioned!!

I agree, but why go to bed? Aniah was always going to be home late - she didn't even leave Birmingham until around 8:00 if I remember right. I can't see how the roommate was really expecting her before 11:00. She drops her brother off, goes to the gas station, and then for whatever reason is with someone else - but says she's almost home. You've waited up for her until 11:30pm, why go to bed now?

If you're the perp sending these messages, this seems like a huge risk. What's to say roommate doesn't say "ok see you in a few minutes" and then check back in 20 minutes later when she's still not home? From what I can tell, it's the roommate who first reported her missing the next day. By saying she's almost home at 11:30pm, it seems like the alarms could have been sounded earlier if the roommate had just waited up, which the perp would have had no reason to think she wouldn't do.

BINGO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member