AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here is what i find very odd!

They should have been able to trac her every move! (with her phone)
I have two young adults and not one second passes that their phone isnt in use
Sending a text receiving text even all thru dinner.
I dont believe she didnt leave a trail!
My kids send thousands of texts a month
there had to have been alot more text messages sent and received! If not i suspect something happend to her sooner!

JMO

I agree. And what about accessing Facebook through the phone or playing games like WordFued, Draw Something or Fruit Ninja?

It should all leave a trail....

Below are snippets from JVM's program that might help with the timeline. You can read the entire interview at the link.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html

"UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: (Brittney's stepdad PH) Thursday Brittany Wood tells family members that she was headed to this house near Styx River to see her Uncle Donnie. Donnie Wood returned home to Fair Hope on Friday and shot himself. Brittany hasn`t been heard from since."

"UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (PH) Her uncle has committed suicide, and supposedly he was the last one she was with. And so we`re worried about that."

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Brittany left from this location, her mother`s house in Tillman`s Corner. But then she supposedly went all the way to another area, Styx River, which is over 30, almost 40 miles away. That`s where she reportedly met her uncle, but her uncle then returned to his home in Fair Hope, and then he committed suicide. So this case is literally all over the map."

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s take a look at the route that Brittany might have taken. She was last seen walking on foot from her mom`s house in Tillman`s Corner. Then her cell phone pings under a mile from the house her uncle was at, apparently, reportedly, by Waterworld Road, which is more than 40 miles away from her mom`s house."

"WOOD: Well, I do not believe they have a relationship. He was married to my sister. And he was -- he was -- my son has even went to their house a lot.

My sister was at that house with Donnie the Thursday night, that would be June 1st. So we don`t know if she even made it to Don`s. She was not actually seen with Donnie. The reason we`re searching that area is because her phone was pinged there."

And here's the video of the entire episode. Brittney's stepdad PH speaks to the cell phone pings:

Brittney Wood: 6/11/12 - YouTube

They've since found out some of these details are inaccurate.

We have learned since that report that the neighbor was mistaken.

Sticking to the known facts...no one from BW's immediate family, spokesperson, Klaas Kids, LE or Zeaux have been able to confirm an actual sighting of BW since she left her mother's home on May 30th at 7:30pm.

However.. isn't to say that someone, somewhere may have & obviously did see BW after she left her mom's. We just don't know who they are or where they were.

Okay, I'm having a dense moment. Can you point me to where it's been determined that wasn't Brittney other than Donnie's family saying it wasn't her? thanks.

I agree. And what about accessing Facebook through the phone or playing games like WordFued, Draw Something or Fruit Ninja?

It should all leave a trail....

She had a new prepaid sim card in her phone and had not activated gps. So the only way they can track her phone is from usage. It has not pinged since 5/31, early 6/1.

She had a new prepaid sim card in her phone and had not activated gps. So the only way they can track her phone is from usage. It has not pinged since 5/31, early 6/1.

I know but they should have been able to track her from the time she left the house till she went poof!
Im sure if she were able she made alot of text messages

I need to provide an update:

FootballMom will make the revisions to her fantastic timeline. :)

Some of this may sound repetitive, but I'm saying it to put it together with current known information. Keep in mind, in this case, some of the known information has changed due to information either trickling in or originally being withheld.

PHONE USE
BW left her mom's home Wed. 5/30 with the intention of going to see DH in Styx River.
BW's last cell phone pings were over 24 hours later. [2nd to last ping: from Styx River just after midnight 5/31, early 6/1. Last ping: from Grand Bay, after 1 am, 6/1.]
Both pings were from text messages being sent from BW's phone.

DH Shooting/Suicide
He was at Styx River, in his vehicle, in the driver's seat. He shot himself in the chin and the bullet came out his temple. Forensic tests were done and all indications are he did shoot himself. The vehicle was searched, including searching for any evidence relating to BW. The house at Styx River was also search and there were no signs of any struggle, blood, etc. in the house.

The Sighting at Styx River
Based on the current information that BW was at the house in Styx River at some point on Thursday (due to the phone records), in my opinion, it is very possible the girl in the swing was BW. There's no reason for the neighbor to lie, she was willing to speak on camera without disguising her appearance, and as Eileen pointed out, all they'd have to do is ask the presumably not missing person we've been told by DH's family it must have been because they claim BW was never there.

I am sorry for the confusion caused by me having to change details. Please keep in mind that my sources are not LE, just human beings involved in a family crisis, and they are also dealing with people withholding information from them or telling them flat out lies for whatever reason. Sometimes things are confused or just not quite sorted out. I try to determine if what I'm told is verified and by whom. Sometimes it's just not quite right. There's a lot to try to keep up with.

I know but they should have been able to track her from the time she left the house till she went poof!
Im sure if she were able she made alot of text messages

If you see my post with updates, I don't think they're saying she made no texts 5/31, they're just giving the locations of the last ones. Those are the ones LE has decided are relevant. Since early morning 6/1, there have been no pings.

Some of this may sound repetitive, but I'm saying it to put it together with current known information. Keep in mind, in this case, some of the known information has changed due to information either trickling in or originally being withheld.

PHONE USE
BW left her mom's home Wed. 5/30 with the intention of going to see DH in Styx River.
BW's last cell phone pings were over 24 hours later. [2nd to last ping: from Styx River just after midnight 5/31, early 6/1. Last ping: from Grand May, after 1 am, 6/1.]

DH Shooting/Suicide
He was at Styx River, in his vehicle, in the driver's seat. He shot himself in the chin and the bullet came out his temple. Forensic tests were done and all indications are he did shoot himself. The vehicle was searched, including searching for any evidence relating to BW. The house at Styx River was also search and there were no signs of any struggle, blood, etc. in the house.

Based on the current information that BW was at the house in Styx River at some point on Thursday (due to the phone records), in my opinion, it is very possible the girl in the swing was BW. There's no reason for the neighbor to lie, she was willing to speak on camera without disguising her appearance, and as Eileen pointed out, all they'd have to do is ask the presumably not missing person we've been told by DH's family it must have been because they claim BW was never there.

I am sorry for the confusion caused by me having to change details. Please keep in mind that my sources are not LE, just human beings involved in a family crisis, and they are also dealing with people withholding information from them or telling them flat out lies for whatever reason. Sometimes things are confused or just not quite sorted out. I try to determine if what I'm told is verified and by whom. Sometimes it's just not quite right. There's a lot to try to keep up with.

You're doing an amazing job and it's much appreciated!

PHONE USE
BW's last cell phone pings were over 24 hours later. [2nd to last ping: from Styx River just after midnight 5/31, early 6/1. Last ping: from Grand Bay, after 1 am, 6/1.]

DH Shooting/Suicide

Phone BBM: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! It now makes sense!

Oops, guess thats what you didn't want, family confirmations, but that's only place I've seen it, then repeated.

PHONE USE

DH Shooting/Suicide

I appreciate the effort you are putting into all this and id like to say thanks!
And your right it is alot to keep up with!

If you see my post with updates, I don't think they're saying she made no texts 5/31, they're just giving the locations of the last ones. Those are the ones LE has decided are relevant. Since early morning 6/1, there have been no pings.

Yes this is fact i know but all the prev texts or calls (pre 6/1) would have left a trail as to where she went till she disappeared... there are alot of cell towers i found i think 6 alone in great bay area ,,it should show who she was talking to who calld her who she called, being a teen they should be numerous...where the phone pinged... Im sure they would give her mom her records! Id want to know who my daughter spoke to before she went missing and id go find the girl on the swing myself and ask her....

Heavens i need to breathe into a paper bag! LOL

Yes this is fact i know but all the prev texts or calls (pre 6/1) would have left a trail as to where she went till she disappeared... there are alot of cell towers i found i think 6 alone in great bay area ,,it should show who she was talking to who calld her who she called, being a teen they should be numerous...where the phone pinged... Im sure they would give her mom her records! Id want to know who my daughter spoke to before she went missing and id go find the girl on the swing myself and ask her....

Heavens i need to breathe into a paper bag! LOL

Family members do have her cell records now and they're following up on leads there.

Question from me: The cell records would include the date, time, number called, but would they provide which tower the phone used to make the call? In other words, would it tell them where the phone was when the call or text was made?

If not, they can contact the person BW called or texted, but that person may not even know where BW was when they communicated. Am I making sense?

I noticed one picture of brittany she looked pregnant. Was she pregnant when she went missing?

Family members do have her cell records now and they're following up on leads there.

Question from me: The cell records would include the date, time, number called, but would they provide which tower the phone used to make the call? In other words, would it tell them where the phone was when the call or text was made?

If not, they can contact the person BW called or texted, but that person may not even know where BW was when they communicated. Am I making sense?

The phone records themselves wont provide the tower location. Depending on carrier and type of phone, they may be able to retrieve the actual text messages. And yes, youre making sense :woohoo:

Yes! you make perfect sense and im sure Brit would tell where she was
and im sure she would say who she was getting a ride with.
And they can get what towers the phone pinged from...It should give them a good idea of what path she took...

someone on Fb asked if maybe she was with DJ?
do you know DJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member