AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching part 2 again... I didn't catch this the first time in totality.
Chessie was asked if she would take a polygraph and she declined. When she was asked if she knew why she was asked to take one - she said yes, and it was concerning her relationship with Donald Holland. It wasn't about Brittney - it was about Donald. She consulted attys over this and refused to take it.

So if there was any doubt before .. there you go.

Sometimes I wonder if Brittney didn't just run. I read these weird and random cases of women just living under the radar/ homeless and through friends that will hide them for decades or until death. I know it's rare but sometimes the mind goes there.

Just an example: http://www.abc27.com/story/22129522/central-pa-woman-found-11-years-after-disappearance.

Not sure how comparable the cases are but here is a woman from my area who has been found alive 11 years after her disappearance.

Chessie was asked if she would take a polygraph and she declined. When she was asked if she knew why she was asked to take one - she said yes, and it was concerning her relationship with Donald Holland. It wasn't about Brittney - it was about Donald. She consulted attys over this and refused to take it.

Notice how she stuttered out "Dahahonald Holland?"
No doubts.

Just an example: http://www.abc27.com/story/22129522/central-pa-woman-found-11-years-after-disappearance.

Not sure how comparable the cases are but here is a woman from my area who has been found alive 11 years after her disappearance.

I was just looking at that today! Did you see the before and after photos? Even her husband who has been through hell seems to feel some compassion for her, after seeing those pics. Somebody here said it looked like meth. Terrible.

I just don't think that's going to happen in Brittney's case though. She was a youngster. Youngsters talk too much on social media because they're brought up on it and can't seem to stop themselves. They aren't very good at disappearing completely when someone who cares is looking for them and watching out.

Unless they are deceased.

Notice how she stuttered out "Dahahonald Holland?"
No doubts.

And that's Brittney's mom. And that's the name of the last known person to have seen Brittney alive. This case is a nightmare. An absolute nightmare.

I was just looking at that today! Did you see the before and after photos? Even her husband who has been through hell seems to feel some compassion for her, after seeing those pics. Somebody here said it looked like meth. Terrible.

I just don't think that's going to happen in Brittney's case though. She was a youngster. Youngsters talk too much on social media because they're brought up on it and can't seem to stop themselves. They aren't very good at disappearing completely when someone who cares is looking for them and watching out.

Unless they are deceased.

Oh no, as I said, not sure the cases compare. The main point of interest to me was that she didn't seem to be working very hard at staying missing, but in fact she wasn't found for 11 years and many people believed she was dead. I know that perhaps a misconception I've had is that if I voluntarily disappeared, it would be near impossible to stay missing for any significant period of time while getting my basic needs (food, eg.) met. Now I have to admit that the lifestyle this individual lived while she was missing doesn't qualify to me as having my basic needs met, but still she was alive...and if I were desperate a lot of my "basic needs" would start looking like unnecessary luxuries to me I bet. But the main thing that struck me was that she wasn't (of course this is only in my understanding) going to great lengths to hide her identity, cover her tracks, etc. on a daily basis.

When Brittney first went missing the internet lit up with rumors (on other sites, definitely not here) and a few of us poured over them - going back over ones posted well before she went missing. Now reading them and everything Chessie has done/said - those rumors look more like truth.

I think if we went back over the first few days/weeks of Brittney's disappearance - it would simplify a lot, as well as provide insight. This case seems complicated because we want to find the good and believe in it. But sadly, there's little good. It's frustrating and makes me angry. The amount of b.s. told to many people who gave honest effort to find her - just to throw them off of a trail. A lot of meddling went on.

So time to ask: Does anyone still call in tips about Brittney? If so - how do the detectives feel and seem (reaction wise) regarding them? I would imagine that after the news piece aired that they received SOME calls or tips. Even if total b.s. they still get tips or theories.

I speculated early on that Brittney still dealt with Donald for pills/money.*I'm not saying Brittney is a bad person because of addiction - not by any stretch* and that Chessie lied about the means in which brit had left. If we could just learn WHY Brittney got in touch with him that day - I bet it would open up the can of worms that would help solve this case. Someone knew why she met up with him, I firmly believe that. Someone knows if she's deceased or simply living off the grid and believe me - she very well could be. There are ways and means in which she could have taken off, and given that Donald's truck was cleaned/details SOON after he was deceased - we lost a potential crime scene.

I still want to know how Brittney's phone turned back on 6 days later if her battery was found with Donald's body. How?! Unless someone had her phone and either put the battery back in, or purchased a new battery.

If you read timelines - there is a specific area in which her phone no longer pinged along side Donald's. This to me points to where she's at. Or was at that time. She has a throw-away phone and that makes it impossible to trace her. Anyone can still use that phone if they put a new sim card in and change the #. Remember her GPS wasn't enabled, so that makes me think she didn't have smart phone capabilities (like FB or whatever).

I always go back to the fact that her grandmother is who the kids see as a safe zone (not their mom). Derrick went there to turn himself in and was there for a day or two before he did so. I think it makes more sense that she (if alive) would contact her gram before she would call her mom.

So much is on my mind about this, it's one of the cases that haunt me. I don't feel justice will be totally served until EVERYONE responsible for putting their children in harms way for a damn fix (drugs) gets arrested. I hate where my mind goes with this.

Sorry for thinking aloud .. hope I didn't say anything to upset anyone. Mods : snip if you need to. Sometimes I'm not too sure what crosses the line anymore.

Another thought: While I don't think they always conduct the BEST (they jump the gun) - there is a FB group called "people seeking people". Same person that runs "seeking the lost". Should we submit Brittney for people seeking people? They have a lot of followers and maybe someone (if she's alive) knows her? I suppose if nothing else it may turn the heat up on those who did something bad to her. She needs to be renewed on the missing sites and social media. I bet those that aren't jailed do check them constantly. If it's all talked about again, maybe someone will feel guilt or if anything - get nervous and talk on the phone to someone in jail (where the convos are recorded).

I always go back to the fact that her grandmother is who the kids see as a safe zone (not their mom). Derrick went there to turn himself in and was there for a day or two before he did so. I think it makes more sense that she (if alive) would contact her gram before she would call her mom.

I have to say this, i completely disagree that their Grandmother was their safe place. There is evidence out there that shows she is/was just as bad, IMO as Chessie is. My personal opinion is Derek went there because she was the lesser of two evils at the time. Maybe she was cutting him more slack that Chessie, who knows. I do not believe Britt would call her Grandmother, at all. Just knowing what we do of the history there. JMO!

I still want to know how Brittney's phone turned back on 6 days later if her battery was found with Donald's body. How?! Unless someone had her phone and either put the battery back in, or purchased a new battery.

Snipped for space.

Britt's cell phone was turned back on by the phone company at the request of LE. They were unable to get any pings from the phone.
The phone pinged for the final time at 1:40 AM near the Grand Bay Truck Stop on 5/31/12.
The battery found in DH's truck when he committed suicide was identified by Chessie. Consider the source and take that for what it's worth.
Personally, I do not believe that is Brittney's phone battery.

I know what's meant regarding her grandmother. I'm only saying she was considered "safe" because it was mentioned prior that the kids stayed often with her and would go to her if they needed something. I'm not calling her safe by any means.

Regarding the phone battery. I too called BS on it. Like how would anyone know that's someone else's battery. It was so far fetched. I just wonder why that lie was even made up, what was the purpose.. unless they want someone to think he had something to do with it.

respectfully snipped

If you read timelines - there is a specific area in which her phone no longer pinged along side Donald's. This to me points to where she's at. Or was at that time. She has a throw-away phone and that makes it impossible to trace her. Anyone can still use that phone if they put a new sim card in and change the #. Remember her GPS wasn't enabled, so that makes me think she didn't have smart phone capabilities (like FB or whatever).
FWIW, this is what Zeaux shared about the cell phone. The ping information has now been confirmed. See the link at the below.

Mobile PD did obtain the records of Brittney's phone pings as well as her call and text history. Her phone did not ping one time since the last ping at Grand Bay at approximately 1:47 a.m. May 31, 2012. She did not have GPS activated on her phone (within the week she disappeared she had gone to a prepaid sim card after being on a family plan and had not yet activated the gps), so it only pinged when it was in use. There were no pings between Styx River and Grand Bay in that 1.5 hour period up to the last ping. Then nothing. Anything you may have heard about her phone being turned on about a week after she went missing is erroneous information. It has been confirmed by the phone carrier that they initiated action on her account that caused the change in the ring/voicemail.

Mobile PD believes Donnie picked up Brittney near her mother's home around 7:30 pm Wednesday, May 30, 2012. They also believe he was the one who drove her back to the area those early morning hours due to his phone records. His phone had quite a bit of activity during that time frame when Brittney's did not.

http://www.fox10tv.com/generic/news/brittney-wood-donald-holland-cell-phone-pings

Snipped for space.

Britt's cell phone was turned back on by the phone company at the request of LE. They were unable to get any pings from the phone.
The phone pinged for the final time at 1:40 AM near the Grand Bay Truck Stop on 5/31/12.
The battery found in DH's truck when he committed suicide was identified by Chessie. Consider the source and take that for what it's worth.
Personally, I do not believe that is Brittney's phone battery.

I also do not believe it's Brittneys battery.
Makes me wonder who Chessie is trying to protect by saying it was found in his truck.

You know,I hadn't even considered that Chessie might have had some sort of relationship with Donnie. (Gag, gag!) That might certainly be worth hiding. (If you were Chessie) I have not lead an especially charmed life, but sometimes it seems I'm just not able to read/understand what is going on in the background in this case, the way others are. I hope this doesn't violate TOS, but I am dying to know, ('cause I have no clue), if Donnie did not shoot himself, who would be your main suspect for helping him along his way?
Somebody mentioned that Chessie got drugs from DH. No telling what was traded for them. I don't know if it was on here...or if it was on another site. Hope saying this isn't against TOS.

She not only approved/supported his lifestyle, she participated in it.
They were swingers.
And, she is sitting in jail facing charges of sexual torture and sodomy.

My first thought is his beloved wife. I think she was so jealous of Brittney she could have played part in his death.

~Team Brittney~

In addition to the thoughts about being jealous about Brittney, I will add she may have seen her whole world crashing around her. She could have seen DH's impending meeting with LE as the final straw and that she needed to take matters into her own hands before he had a chance to talk to them. From what I'm gathering, I would imagine she wouldn't want a light shed on all the drugs, all the abuse, all the warped things that centered around her. In response to the initial question, I could see her as having as much or more to lose, especially if she thought DH may also shed light on these things to LE at his meeting.

I have to say this, i completely disagree that their Grandmother was their safe place. There is evidence out there that shows she is/was just as bad, IMO as Chessie is. My personal opinion is Derek went there because she was the lesser of two evils at the time. Maybe she was cutting him more slack that Chessie, who knows. I do not believe Britt would call her Grandmother, at all. Just knowing what we do of the history there. JMO!

Sadly, I don't think Brittney had a "safe place" in her maternal family.

Ick. Poor Brittney.

It sounds too me like DH traded drugs for just about everything he did! You ever think that's why he had so much control over everyone else? They knew w/o him they wouldn't have there fix so they kept quiet about everything he was doing! I also believe that chessie and several others where sleeping with him for drugs. Chessie knew right from wrong and all she did was let her kids grow up in a horrible place around a terrible man. I also don't believe for one second that she didn't know about the abuse.

It sounds too me like DH traded drugs for just about everything he did! You ever think that's why he had so much control over everyone else? They knew w/o him they wouldn't have there fix so they kept quiet about everything he was doing! I also believe that chessie and several others where sleeping with him for drugs. Chessie knew right from wrong and all she did was let her kids grow up in a horrible place around a terrible man. I also don't believe for one second that she didn't know about the abuse.

The more I think about it, the more it becomes clear to me that at least some players in this sick situation weren't just trading sex for drugs but were trading their young children for sex for drugs. Remember one of the victims thought she was being taken by a family member to buy a pet hamster but then her family member took her to be assaulted by a man who has been arrested for his part in the child sex ring.

Sick sick sick.

I used to think Brittney lived her life in a way where her child would have custody just because she enjoyed living a partying life that a mother shouldn't.
Now I think she may have really lived that way or let everyone think she lived that way so that her child could be in a safe place away from these monsters. I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmholden913