AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
you touched on ALL the points I wanted to bring up. I think we've been snowed this entire case. that's what I think. Her phone could not have pinged without a battery. The battery would have to have been physically removed, as the back of the phone wasn't found (consistent with it dropping and breaking). I think the battery is meant to throw people off - or DH put the phone with her body and took the battery out so she wouldn't be found. He didn't care when he took his own life.

But that makes me wonder if he wasn't meeting up with someone in a spot that is only known between *friends*. That person meets up with him and shoots him.

So far from all the stories - DH was the ring leader who *made* people do awful things (I don't buy it but whatever). I can only assume that RS told the LE about this because someone he loved was abused and that for him was enough. Maybe the person who wrote her.

What we do know is that people traded sex with DH for pills (drugs) and WH knew about it. I do think a lot of what was said here to be helpful back in the start is all bs. The truth lays with Chessie, Wendy and Donald, Dustin. I think ALL of them know what happened to Brittney. Chessie's choice of words in her interview, the way her eyes darted everywhere as she thought up her response = SHE KNOWS.

She said forever and a day that B left on foot
Now it's "She left with DH".

Well, which is it?! And her husbands' response to what he missed about Brittney?!@!?!? Her looks and her smile. Seriously? Creeper. Sorry if this earns me a time out but Brittney was better off with her dad and step mom.

And her brother almost began to say something (TJ) but stopped himself. His behavior was strange, I'm assuming he high. He obviously has nothing to do with it and is most likely at odds with both sides of the family.

JMO

This case infuriates me.

Very good point about leaving the phone with her and removing the battery. That would be why the pings stopped, all right.

I was taken aback at her "looks and her smile." Her looks? I don't know whether this was some nervous-on-the-news fumble, but that came across as strange. Reminded me of those awful pictures of Brittney and Derrick and his girlfriend. Ugh.

I think that TJ is in Juvenile Hall -- can anyone confirm this?

It could be like Zwieble was saying above...about the first one to the DA...
Scott probably knew the info was coming out, and he knew he'd be in trouble...so he goes first and tries to make a deal. EXCEPT...he wasn't arrested immediately.

Perhaps he thought he would look like an upstanding person by turning DH in...and would lie about any accusations against him by saying they are mad at him and are lying.

Remember how he was the family "leader" in the searches, etc. at the beginning...

I think you're right. Very good points. He sure was concerned about finding Brittney, wasn't he.

RScott turning himself in first was to strike a deal - period. we have no idea if he was arrested on some other charges and tried to weasel out of them by giving up the "big guy". Which is why he was allowed to roam free. Most of the time narcs are given wires and other things to get a case discovery for the LE.

With everyone saying it's the biggest in AL state history - why wasn't the feds invovled?

With everyone saying it's the biggest in AL state history - why wasn't the feds invovled? (BBM)

I haven't heard a single word about any part of this case in Montgomery, the state capital. Nothing. We're about 3 hours to Mobile; it's not like a different country. I check the Alabama AP news all the time....NOTHING.

Very good point about leaving the phone with her and removing the battery. That would be why the pings stopped, all right.

I was taken aback at her "looks and her smile." Her looks? I don't know whether this was some nervous-on-the-news fumble, but that came across as strange. Reminded me of those awful pictures of Brittney and Derrick and his girlfriend. Ugh.

I think that TJ is in Juvenile Hall -- can anyone confirm this?

Not currently.

The room he was in looked so sterile, like a room at an institution....

You mean during the interview? He was sitting there with Paul, Chessie, Wally and Stephanie in the semi-circle talking to AP.
HTH

You mean during the interview? He was sitting there with Paul, Chessie, Wally and Stephanie in the semi-circle talking to AP.
HTH

Hmm, I didn't see TJ in that circle. What I saw was a separate shot of him by himself. Must be an oversight on my part.

Another thing that's baffling to me: Scott reporting the sex abuse when he was actually involved? The victim BW talked to on Facebook named him specifically.

My thoughts on that are that SW knew that someone was about to tell and he thought if he reported it first then he would look innocent. JMO

Hmm, I didn't see TJ in that circle. What I saw was a separate shot of him by himself. Must be an oversight on my part.

Snip from the video ~
TJ is seated in the center wearing a black shirt.

Attachments

• interview.JPG
    interview.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 80
I'm tired and fed up with Derrick saying he wishes he was out of jail in order to help look for Brittney. I don't recall him searching for Brittney when he was out. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm tired and fed up with Derrick saying he wishes he was out of jail in order to help look for Brittney. I don't recall him searching for Brittney when he was out. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Have to agree with you there. He could've talked to Wendy at least (he had an ankle monitor, so I don't think he could leave the house). I wonder if he truly doesn't know anything. If family did this to her, there's no point in talking to their mutual friends.

Another thing...I wonder how much TJ knows. He looked as if he truly did not know anything about what was going on. I felt for him.

I'm glad that the family all came together in one room to talk about this. A step in the right direction, I hope.

Geesh...
I don't even know what to say.

Brittney deserved better than her (maternal) family. All of the children deserve better than them.

I am so glad Brittney's daughter is states away being raised by her father's family. And honestly, I hope her maternal grandmother & her family never are allowed anything to do with her.

Snip from the video ~
TJ is seated in the center wearing a black shirt.

I couldn't help but notice the body language in this; three people with their arms open wide, two with their arms crossed. I've no idea what it could mean because I know nothing about body language, but it does stick out to me.

Are those matching turquoise tees a 'Brittney colour'? Or just a married couple wearing matching clothes?

I also get the impression WH worked very, very hard to stay calm during this interview, for Brittney's sake. And succeeded admirably.

ETA: In ref to ChattyWoman's pic above - it didn't come over with the quote.

Maybe he thought Brittney was at the meth house?

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

snipped: It's a story that technically began February 26, 2012 when investigators said Brittney's uncle, Randall Scott Wood, called authorities to report the family sex abuse.

I'm confused. I thought the investigation started when a victim reported it.

The text messages between Brit and a victim were in May. snipped: In a series of Facebook messages investigators believe are between Brittney and one of the alleged victims, Brittney writes on May 27, "Hey beautiful. How are you? Tell me what's going on. I don't know what's true and what you said."

The alleged victim then identifies relatives Randall Scott Wood, Dustin Kent, and Donald Holland as abusers - writing in part: "They raped me."

The conversation continues for quite some time, sharing heartbreaking details. Brittney, however, ends it saying in part, "I love you. I'm sorry."

"I feel that that was their attempt to reach out to one another and say, 'Hey, this is what’s going on here,'" said Det. Winberg.

The alleged victim then writes repeatedly to Brittney on May 28 and again on May 30, with no response.

May 30 was the last time Brittney was seen (seen by who) alive, traveling with her uncle, Donald Holland, to a home in the Styx River area in Baldwin County.

Why would Brittney NOT respond to the victim? The victim REPEATEDLY writes on May 28 and again on May 30. Yet May 30 was the last time Brittney was seen alive? Based on a story that has changed repeatedly as well? Is this solely based on members of the Wood family? Who was the last person to actually see Brittney besides her family?

IIRC, Brit told her mom she was going to her friends house and left on foot (bare or not), was really meeting DH down the street, he picked her up, and CW didn't find out the truth until DH killed himself the next day and she started looking for Brittney. Then BW's friend told her she really went to DH's.

So where was Brittney on May 28th when she didnt answer the victim?

I don't see Brittney ignoring this child, especially after sharing HEARTBREAKING details. Obviously from the text messages.. the victim had already been interviewed by LE. The text messages open with BW asking her whats going on and saying she doesnt know whats true and what YOU said. And she tells her, imo what she told LE. All this happens on May 27th. What did Brittney do with this info?

I want to know where Brittney was after this conversation. Where did her phone ping that day? Where did her phone ping on the 28th?

I have always felt that the sex ring was LE's focus and not Brittney. But now I hear she is the "Golden Nugget" that can tie it all together. Would she also have been charged?

DW says his abuse started at around age 7. Then DH made him to things he was ashamed of .. I take it this is what he is being charged with. So it would make sense that BW has also been abused since a very young age. Did DH also make her do things she was ashamed of?

Could DH and BW have concocted this evidence in the truck, using her gun, to make it look like he killed her? Could she have just left before the **** hit the fan, with his help after her conversation on the 27th? And he had her phone and gun at that point? She had already been through all of this before on a smaller scale. I really want to believe you are out there Brit..

And my next thought is DH and WH. And their sick devotion to each other.

Could Brit just walk away from Peyton and her protector and her friends and her father?

Thats what it seems LE was meant to believe. That she ran.

And after all this, Im back to square one. Looking at WH for the truth and I feel absolutely hopeless.

IMO she had the most motive to shut Brittney up. And I think she hated her, was jealous of her relationship with DH. Pretending to be a swinger, and hating every minute of sharing her man, hating the people she shared him with. Where was WH on the 27th and 28th?

Sorry for rambling... this case just eats at me like no other.

I am having the same problem viewing Part 2. I have tried my iPad and android phone. I will have to try our home computer.

However, I am too emotional (angry) to write a post about this special report, the interviews, new info and inconsistencies. I am disgusted. A 3yr old child was abused and these scums are out walking free.

Thank you Andrew Perez for caring about Brittney, the other victims and for putting together this report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675