AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
'It just really does not look good that she went missing May 30 and two days later he commits suicide,' Ms Wood's mother, Chessie Wood said to Fox

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...missing-teen-Brittney-Wood.html#ixzz2UW2x0sQp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Was she reported missing before DH shot himself? No if I recall correctly. No one was looking for her at that time correct?

Correct. I read a report from Chessie that said they tried calling Brittney after they found out Donnie shot himself. She said they started calling her on Friday but they couldn't get hold of her. She reported her missing on Saturday when they realized something could be wrong.

Correct. I read a report from Chessie that said they tried calling Brittney after they found out Donnie shot himself. She said they started calling her on Friday but they couldn't get hold of her. She reported her missing on Saturday when they realized something could be wrong.

It's kinda of messed up it took someone 3 days too notice she was missing. If DH hadn't commited suicide I wonder how long it would have been before they noticed? & I also wonder where they thought she was at. I remember in an interview with CW she said brittney always called her. Why didn't she find it weird that she hadn't called her for 3 days?

Steph, I'm still reading back, trying to catch up...something I forgot to ask last night & want to ask now before I forget again - Is it possible Donnie wasn't the ringleader but rather just one of the group of criminals? Could he have been made the fall guy for the others under the guise that the dead can't speak? I'm asking this bc I remember an article that rubbed me the wrong way, actually all of them do but this one more so. The article I remember talked about the victim being picked up by her father to go to the pet store to get a hamster but instead they drove to Dustin's work & I guess picked him up? Donnie was driving while Dustin tried to kiss the victim. The victim tried to get away, she kept begging him to stop, but instead Dustin kept raping her & father just watched. It made me wonder if Dustin maybe had something on Donnie instead of the other way around. How could Donnie force Dustin to have sex with this girl when Donnie was the one driving? I didn't read that anyone held a gun to Dustin's head to do this crap. For Donnie to be sly in picking up his daughter then taking her to a remote area to be raped by his brother in law seems like it would have been preplanned. Why the vehicle? Why the remote location? Why not the house?

Then I read that Dustin has MD? I wonder what kind of meds he's on? Is it anything that could be sold for profit? Anything mind altering?

Its all so sick to think about...but how much more blatant could somebody get than to go pick up his daughter with the promise of a pet only to be driven to a strange location & allowed to be raped? The whole time he was in the front seat?

Sorry to quote myself but I want to attach this in order to be thorough. Easier to have info together when navigating in the future...

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/testimony_mobile_man_raped_dau.html

Testimony: Mobile man raped niece while her father watched
By Brendan Kirby | bkirby@al.com
on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, updated December 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Snipped:
Sgt. Scott Congleton of the Mobile Police Department, testified at a preliminary hearing in Mobile County District Court that the sexual abuse occurred in 2008 when the girl was 13 years old. Congelton testified that the victim, now 17, did not come forward until the death of her father this summer and a subsequent high-profile search for Wood.

Snipped:
Congleton recounted the victim’s harrowing account of the 2008 incident. She told investigators that it occurred in September or October of that year, the detective said.

He testified that the girl’s father, Donnie Holland, picked up his daughter and told her they would go to a pet store to buy a hamster. Instead, Congleton said, Holland drove to Kent’s workplace. The three of them then went to Shipyard Road near Rangeline Road off Interstate 10.

They went to an industrial park that never was developed and, Congleton testified, Holland turned onto a dark trail at dusk. During the ride, he testified, the girl had a headache, and Kent was rubbing her head. He started to kiss the girl, but she pulled away, the detective testified.

After the Chevrolet Tahoe came to a stop, Kent took the girl’s clothes off, performed oral sex on her and then raped her, Congleton testified. He said that Holland watched the entire time.

“She kept telling him to stop. He did not,” he testified.

During cross-examination, Congleton testified that the victim confided in the sister of the defendant’s wife* but no one else. Beck asked about other accusations that the girl made against other family members, but Hardesty ruled that such questions were improper under Alabama’s rape shield law.

Re Dustin's MD... Wanted to note this (which I'm certain was posted thread/s ago)...

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html

Judge declines to revoke bail for Mobile man accused of raping niece

By Brendan Kirby | bkirby@al.com
on October 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM, updated October 29, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Snipped:
Beck said his client’s wife was prepared to testify that her husband has muscular dystrophy and does not get up in the middle of the night. A woman who lives in a trailer home where the GPS device indicated that Kent went also would testify that he never was there, the attorney said.

Snipped:
A Mobile police investigator testified at a preliminary hearing last week that Kent’s niece recently reported that her uncle raped her four years ago while her father watched. Authorities say the victim came forward after the father, Donnie Holland, died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at about the same time that Brittney Wood disappeared.

Eileen730, I'm sorry. I meant Muscular Dystrophy, not Multilple Sclerosis. My mistake, I edited my post.

How did he get her gun? News reports say he shot himself with her gun...how did he get it?
Who knew that she was going to meet him and let her go alone!?
Investigators said they were trying to interview her about the abuse. How hard did they try? Did they drop the ball and once this happened, figured they better start making arrests? Too late! Heartbreaking!

I have a strong feeling that Dustin is a big key in bw's disappearance.

If I remember Correctly WWh said her husband was talking suicide. Anyone else remember that?

So if this is the case why go out with your Girl friend and leave him alone?
Where were the kids during all this and where did WWH and the GF go?

If DH was contemplating suicide he would not kill BW JMO

And I still do not think he killed her. JMO

Ok, the way I heard the story from Chessie is that on 5/31 WWH and kids stayed w/him @ Styx River then on 6/1 around 9am DH dropped her and the kids off @ the friends home then called the friend saying take care of WWh and the kids. Then hours later WWH called 911 saying she was worried and telling them he said he was saying he didn't want to go to jail for something he didn't do. Never heard a peep about wanting to commit suicide before that day, remember DH & wife claimed he passed LD

It's kinda of messed up it took someone 3 days too notice she was missing. If DH hadn't commited suicide I wonder how long it would have been before they noticed? & I also wonder where they thought she was at. I remember in an interview with CW she said brittney always called her. Why didn't she find it weird that she hadn't called her for 3 days?

From what I understand she does not live with Chessie I might be wrong but... Derek was listed as homeless.....

BBM
Ok, the way I heard the story from Chessie is that on 5/31 WWH and kids stayed w/him @ Styx River then on 6/1 around 9am DH dropped her and the kids off @ the friends home then called her and started talking the supposed suicide talk. Never heard a peep about suicide before that day, remember DH & wife claimed he passed LD

But she didn't alert emergency services straight away?

From what I understand she does not live with Chessie I might be wrong but... Derek was listed as homeless.....

Why were Derek and Brittney both homeless? I am not criticising here, because both had made their own life decisions. But knowing why Brittney didn't have a permanent place to live and couldn't seem to find one with family, might shed a bit of light on why she disappeared, I think. Did she cause problems? If so, it might be good to know what they were.

That way, we might find out who caused this big problem of Brittney's disappearance.

Ok, the way I heard the story from Chessie is that on 5/31 WWH and kids stayed w/him @ Styx River then on 6/1 around 9am DH dropped her and the kids off @ the friends home then called her and started talking the supposed suicide talk. Never heard a peep about suicide before that day, remember DH & wife claimed he passed LD

Why were Derek and Brittney both homeless? I am not criticising here, because both had made their own life decisions. But knowing why Brittney didn't have a permanent place to live and couldn't seem to find one with family, might shed a bit of light on why she disappeared, I think. Did she cause problems? If so, it might be good to know what they were.

That way, we might find out who caused this big problem of Brittney's disappearance.

I think Brittney just stayed at different places. Derek I read was listed as homeless on his booking picture.

I think Chessie was a problem for her. I don't think she wanted to be HOME.

Actually, I just thought - people facing charges will often try to protect the ones they love and are living with, by saying they are homeless in court. That way the address where they are really living doesn't get out into the public domain.

Possible here?

I think Brittney got messed up in something way to big for her. Something she had no control over. there is a huge reason she hung out with Uncle Donnie if we find out this answer we might find her! She is NOT the one to turn these men in!

Actually, I just thought - people facing charges will often try to protect the ones they love and are living with, by saying they are homeless in court. That way the address where they are really living doesn't get out into the public domain.

Possible here?

I don't think so! I think its required to give your address ...

I think Chessie was a problem for her. I don't think she wanted to be HOME.

But Steph said the day Brittney disappeared, CW asked Brittney to look after the two babies. So is that Brittney's baby and CW's baby? And Brittney refused and went out.

Brittney just had visitation rights for her baby, I believe. So she has limited custody, but when she does get her baby, doesn't want to look after her? Leaves her with Mom instead? It doesn't make much sense.

*(Not you. CW's story)

But Steph said the day Brittney disappeared, CW asked Brittney to look after the two babies. So is that Brittney's baby and CW's baby? And Brittney refused and went out.

Brittney just had visitation rights for her baby, I believe. So she has limited custody, but when she does get her baby, doesn't want to look after her? Leaves her with Mom instead? It doesn't make much sense.

*(Not you. CW's story)

I think she had visitation with her daughter that day when her daughter left so did Britt. Im not so sure the baby Stayed. I think P went home then chessie wanted B to babysit her kids. I could be wrong

I don't think so! I think its required to give your address ...

If a person is homeless in the US, do they get more social security benefits and food stamps than they would if they have a permanent home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea