GUILTY AL - Carla Fuqua, 28, Piedmont, 29 Oct 2009

The mother didn't even know if polys had been given to anyone. Danielle, PH (well), and some Marty guy are POI in the mother's eyes...anyway.

The Gma had taken J, the child, to a function at 5 and returned a few hours later. Carla was seen earlier at her house, but was not there when Gma and J returned. Haven't seen her since.

This is going to require alot of research since we don't have any media working or reporting on it. Unbelievable case.

I wonder if the "rock wall" is close to the "well"? Off to fight google maps, ugh. Does any one remember the name of the "mountain" Darlene said. It was when she was talking about the DL, she said it was found in that direction.

Duggar Mountain?

Update from 9/14/10 AM 1180 Radio

http://www.chattooga1180.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15138&Itemid=1

An Alabama woman has been missing for over 11 months and police in Northeast Alabama say they still have no leads as to the whereabouts of the 29 year old mother. Carla Cook Fuqua was last seen at her home in Piedmont, Alabama on October 29, 2009.

Currently the police department says they still believe there is no reason to suspect foul play in Carla`s disappearance. Durham did say that the length of Carla’s disappearance is troubling.

Update from 9/14/10 AM 1180 Radio

http://www.chattooga1180.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15138&Itemid=1

An Alabama woman has been missing for over 11 months and police in Northeast Alabama say they still have no leads as to the whereabouts of the 29 year old mother. Carla Cook Fuqua was last seen at her home in Piedmont, Alabama on October 29, 2009.

Currently the police department says they still believe there is no reason to suspect foul play in Carla`s disappearance. Durham did say that the length of Carla’s disappearance is troubling.

I think the circumstance surrounding her missing is troubling. A few days later the "friend" is found to be driving her car all around and using her debit card. Charges were brought up regarding DC, but what's Danielle's story for her having possession of the car...and what is her "story" about Carla being gone?

This is ludicrous. Can we find anything that the FBI was indeed involved or any other LE besides the local PD and Sheriff?

Those pics I've seen do not portray 5'4" and only 90 lbs. If true, she as very, very, gaunt and prolly really hooked on the meth.

Not possession, but manufacturing. CPS surely was involved.

Whoops....wait a minute. The mother, Darlene found her daughter's "missing" purse at the bottom of a basket of clothes...in the trailer Carla was living in at the back of her house...This was April 14th or 15th. ...almost 6 mos after her disappearance, and 3 to 4 days before TX Equisearach was to come and stay in that same trailer on their arrival on April 19. Darlene never called LE to let them know of the finding. ????
The Journal was notified on Aug. 20 that Darlene was in possession of Fuqua’s missing purse. Darlene said she found Fuqua’s leather Alabama purse on August 14 or 15, but that she cannot remember for sure which day it was that she found it. When asked in a phone interview on Aug. 20 if she had informed the police about the purses discovery, she said she had not. Darlene said she found the purse underneath some clothes in a basket inside Fuqua’s trailer behind her home. Members of Texas Equuesearch slept in Fuqua’s trailer while in town. Darlene said she did not think they would have discovered the purse because, “ They don’t go into people’s stuff. I mean, they did go into some of her books. Notebooks and stuff like that, but they let me know that,” said Darlene.

The Journal reported the location of Fuqua’s purse to Piedmont police on Aug. 20.

Read more: Piedmont Journal - Where is Carla

I wonder if the "rock wall" is close to the "well"? Off to fight google maps, ugh. Does any one remember the name of the "mountain" Darlene said. It was when she was talking about the DL, she said it was found in that direction.

Duggar Mountain?

The well was said to be located in the Gnatville area. The ID was located in the direction towards duggar mountain 1 mile from where Darlenes dad had lived or used to live I was unlear about that.

The county’s Cold Case Unit received information about a body that could be connected to a years-old missing-person case it has been working on, Sheriff Larry Amerson said this morning.

“They came out here yesterday afternoon and managed to find the remains of a human being,” Amerson said at the scene, a wooded area west of Alabama 21 near Piedmont.

<snip>

Amerson said there is a strong possibility the body could belong to one of four people who have been reported missing over a span of more than 20 years. However, until forensic evidence is processed he could not say for sure.

Read more: Anniston Star - Sheriff Skeletal remains could relate to cold case

I could only find these 2 cases from that community

NAT_5015_1.jpg

Last known alive: October 29, 2009 at 06:43

Circumstances: Carla Fuqua was last seen at her home by family on October 29, 2009. Her vehicle was found at a friend's home, but she was never found.
First Name: Carla Michelle
Middle Name: Michelle
Last Name: Fuqua

Last known alive: November 25, 1997

Circumstances: Steed was last seen at her residence in Piedmont, Alabama on November 25, 1997. Her 1982 beige Ford Fairmount with Alabama license plates 11DW289 was discovered abandoned on Interstate 20 in Cleburne County, Alabama on December 18, 1997, nearly three weeks after Steed's initial disappearance. There was no sign of her at the scene and she has never been heard from again.

steed_karen.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/steed_karen.html

First Name: Karen Denise
Middle Name: Denise
Last Name: Steed

Here is her Charley Page... http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fuqua_carla.html

Carla Michelle Cook Fuqua

fuqua_carla1.jpg
fuqua_carla21.jpg
fuqua_carla31.jpg

Above Images: Fuqua, circa 2009

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: October 29, 2009 from Piedmont, Alabama
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: June 19, 1981
Height and Weight: 5'4, 90 - 125 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Fuqua has the following tattoos: a crown of thorns on her left upper arm, the name "Justin" and angel wings on her back, and a sun on her right ankle. Some agencies refer to her as Carla Cook-Fuqua.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A brown jacket, jeans and boots.

Details of Disappearance

Fuqua was last seen at her home in the 200 block of Piedmont Springs Road in Piedmont, Alabama on October 29, 2009. She has never been heard from again. After her disappearance, her vehicle was found at a friend's home. Few details are available in Fuqua's case. She left behind a young son. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Fuqua has a felony warrant out for her arrest; she is wanted by the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department for manufacturing a controlled substance.

Hopefully they find out who did this to her. RIP Carla.

Rest in peace.
My condolences to her family and friends.

Hope LE finds her murderer(s) soon.

Also from the same link:

Durham said that during an interview with Piedmont resident Marty L. he told investigators he dropped Fuqua off at a rock wall on Piedmont - Jacksonville Road on the night of Oct. 29. A Search was done at what is known by locals as the rock wall (a low rock wall next to the road) on Piedmont – Jacksonville Road by Piedmont police and the Piedmont Rescue Squad on Feb. 7th.

Read more: Piedmont Journal - Where is Carla

Was she found near this area that was reported by Marty L.?

Oh wow, thank goodness she's been found-- may it be of some comfort to lay her body to rest in a dignified manner.

My deepest condolences to Carla's beloved family and friends, and my prayers for comfort go up for her little boy who's been left behind... :candle:

It's a tough time of year for such sad news, and I'll echo Donj-- I hope the perps are found posthaste.

Snookie :heartbeat:

BS87_Body_found_03_tp.jpg

Photo of the location. It seems remote, more like a dump site than a place where you go on your own and just happen to meet a perp on the way. But apparently accessible by a car or an ATV.

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/fu...late-to-cold-case--midnight-Thursday-update-?

Somewhat OT but there appear to be some dangerous people in the county:

On Aug. 23, 1990, James Patrick Burrows, 23, disappeared. He was last seen driving his 250 Honda motorcycle at 8 a.m. from the home of Jimmy Steed, who is the husband of missing woman Karen Steed. Burrows&#8217; motorcycle was found a year later in a pond near the spot where the remains were discovered Tuesday. The location where the motorcycle was recovered in 1991 is a mile and a half from Steed&#8217;s home.

Burrows allegedly disappeared after stealing marijuana plants from infamous drug kingpin David Ronald Chandler.

Chandler was sentenced to death in 1991 after a jury convicted him of marijuana trafficking and involvement in Marlin Earl Shuler&#8217;s death. His sentence later was commuted to life in prison.

Jeffery Scott McFry, 24, was last seen in his mother&#8217;s trailer on Sept. 5, 1990. After his disappearance, investigators received tips that McFry&#8217;s body was in a well. Several searches by the Piedmont Rescue Squad, the Alabama Bureau of Investigation and deputies yielded no sign of McFry. His disappearance is also thought to stem from stealing marijuana from Chandler.

Karen Steed, 29, was last seen leaving her Piedmont home on Nov. 25, 1997. She went missing seven years after Chandler was convicted, adding to speculation that her disappearance was due to something she knew regarding the other missing persons. Her husband, Jimmy Steed, is the brother of Chandler&#8217;s so-called &#8220;right-hand man,&#8221; Bobby Steed. Karen Steed&#8217;s 1982 Ford Fairmont was found abandoned on Interstate 20 eastbound near Heflin one month after she went missing.

I wonder if it is known why Carla might have wanted to be dropped off at the rock wall? Was it a place she frequented?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back