Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with others who think they are probably still in the southeast, with AL, TN, GA, NC, or MS being the likeliest imo.

While there are remote locations, I also wonder if they might stick to bigger suburbs or cities when/if they need something. Showing up in a small town is likely to get you noticed as everybody knows everybody (or at least knows of everybody else). Much easier to remain somewhat anonymous in busier places, imo.

I am always surprised in any thread how many people like to suggest that people will cross borders when running. Getting across and then surviving in a different country (unless they are already seasoned and experienced international travelers) are not always going to be easy and will introduce a whole host of other problems. Imo. That said, I would expect VW to probably have some basic knowledge of Spanish phrases. Folks from Mexico and Central America live and work throughout the southeast. I am sure she had plenty of exposure to/interaction with them, both in her LE capacity as well as in her day-to-day life as a community member.

MOO.

Can't help but think about the Jayme Closs case. Her abductor had her hidden under his bed for quite a while, not far from where he kidnapped her. I am in no way saying VW was kidnapped! I don't believe that for a second. But I'm just saying they really could be much closer to the area they are familiar with than people realize.
Who purchased her house? Perhaps she did under an alias. Saying this sarcastically, but probably stranger things have happened.

Sticking to cities is a better idea if they have to leave. I still feel it's highly likely that they are in a tiny run-down cabin somewhere in the mountain states or West Coast. Just an inkling I have. I've been keeping my eyes peeled over here in beautiful, rainy northwestern WA. You never know.

It is way beyond my understanding why she has done this. If she wanted to give her money away to a dodgy lover she could have gone on holiday and been swept off her feet by a waiter who needed residency .

Good point. So maybe she wanted the excitement and satisfaction of being the one person who could redeem a ‘bad boy?’ Or the excitement of being with someone who’s capable of violent crimes? After all, if you gave people the choice of having a tiger or a hamster for a house pet, there’s bound to be someone who’d choose the tiger, I think.

all MOO

No, they don't. Less than few of us have experienced what it's like to live with someone whose public image is almost godlike. Often troubled behavior is detected by non professionals.

Welcome to Websleuths, positive!

I'm speaking from personal experience and the knowledge gained as a long-time member Websleuths. When I say "us", I am referring to myself and the many other members who have shared those personal experiences here.

I do agree that some can see through this charade. In my experience, it's often the significant other who knows the truth. MOO ( my opinion only)

I think VW planned well (obviously since they haven't yet been caught).

I wonder if she secretly yearned to get away from her small town forever? I realize she could have just left but maybe that would have come with lots of family guilt/pressure (as in, "well meaning" family or friends might guilt her if she wanted to move away saying you should stay here and take care of your mom, for example) and she just didn't want to deal with that? We don't really know her family dynamics. Maybe she was internally ready to walk away and had been secretly dreaming of it/planning it for years.

MOO.

IMO:
He is a narcissist/psychopath.
She is a follower.
The age difference and history of both taken into account.
<modsnip>
I hope she is alive. Devils walk amongst us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not accepting this. "Somehow she was forced". No. She had plenty of opportunity to seek assistance if she was being 'forced' or bullied, instead she released a dangerous criminal to the public. Wonder if these friends knew she was in contact with CW over the past two years?

I think it’s too hard for most people to reconcile a person they know and care for with terrible acts. Especially when it seems out of character.

I think it’s too hard for most people to reconcile a person they know and care for with terrible acts. Especially when it seems out of character.

Especially when it's so antithetical to what the person seemed to stand for and the traits they embodied.

Vicky was supposed to be an upstanding citizen, upholder of the law, by-the-book, professional...it's hard to reconcile that with what happened IMO.

Agree, you'd question yourself, you're judgement - everything you thought you'd knew about that person would appear to be a lie. We've all had brief moments when someone has revealed themselves not to be who we thought they were, but something like this would be emotionally overwhelming to the point where some will never accept this could be a purposeful act.

moo

Just met the man who sold Vicky White the Ford Edge. He is extremely upset the vehicle description was made public. He believes if the vehicle info stayed only within law enforcement the manhunt could be over by now.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1522297349778948097?s=21&t=ZQrsLTln0QMOAq9OZu3Qjg
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1522297349778948097?s=21&t=ZQrsLTln0QMOAq9OZu3Qjg

OK, I'm no expert and not pretending to be one, but I'm not understanding this. Wouldn't it be better to get more eyes on it? Furthermore, with its bright orange color, it would attract a lot of attention, especially with a nearly seven foot tall man hanging out of it, even if he wasn't an escaped convict...IMO, they definitely ditched the car anyway so it could be a moot point. JMO.

OK, I'm no expert and not pretending to be one, but I'm not understanding this. Wouldn't it be better to get more eyes on it? Furthermore, with its bright orange color, it would attract a lot of attention, especially with a nearly seven foot tall man hanging out of it, even if he wasn't an escaped convict...IMO, they definitely ditched the car anyway so it could be a moot point. JMO.
Guessing LE is concerned they ditched the car because they learned the nation was made aware that's what they were driving. Had they felt "safe" and hidden, they may still be driving it and could have been caught by now.

I am guessing the orange car might have had some kind of tracking software or something that could be accessed to show the car's location.

Perhaps VW and CW would have stuck with the orange car longer if they knew it hadn't yet been discovered. But once that was known, they would for sure need to ditch it and get a different vehicle.

MOO.

Obviously this guy's opinion doesn't matter in the first place, as he's just some random guy who sold a car.

Despite the car being idiotically conspicuous, there's always the chance they would have held onto it for a while. That potentially could have given law enforcement enough time to track it down, especially if it was on the move.

If you put that information out there for the public, yes, it makes it far more likely that car is going to be spotted. At the same time, it shortens your window to spot it, as they're more likely to ditch it as soon as they get wind of that news.

So you could really argue both sides effectively here.

I hope LE has checked the jail lockbox for the personal effects of the long-haul guests.

Might be a treasure trove of IDs and CCs that no one would know to miss for a time....

Until their trail lit up like a runway.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members