GUILTY AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *guilty of escape, disposed of murder* #7

Goodness sakes, no doubt thanks to all the notoriety he gained.

From your link -

“Casey White’s mother and daughter helped him retain new legal counsel that includes attorneys Mark McDaniel, Robert Tuten, Nickolas Heatherly, Marcus Helstowski and Nicholas Lough…..”

wo firearms were confiscated outside of Alabama prisons late last year, according to a recently released report from the Alabama Department of Corrections.

One of those firearms was found in the vehicle of a basic correctional officer’s car at Loxely Community Based Facility/Community Work Center in Baldwin County on Oct. 18, 2021, according to a response to APR from the Alabama Department of Corrections. The department’s quarterly report doesn’t include information on the circumstances of the confiscations.

The gun was discovered after basic correctional officer Christopher Nickles was found to be in possession of drugs that he was attempting to smuggle into the facility, department spokeswoman Kelly Betts said in the response.

The above article is an excellent read. For real, oh my.

The above link....is that general population? I would go crazy, no doubt about it. What are they thinking, cramming people in a room like that is a recipe for violence.

Attorney Mark McDaniel said he has received physical threats since agreeing a day ago to represent capital murder suspect and former Lauderdale County escapee CW. He also wants to move the upcoming murder trial to another location.

There is also a video with the attorney speaking, CW's mother and daughter are on the video.

June 1, 2022

Gov. Kay Ivey has directed the Finance Department to issue a reward payment of $5,000 to an individual who provided valuable assistance to law enforcement in securing the apprehension and arrest of Casey White.

The individual has chosen to remain anonymous. The governor made this decision on the recommendation of Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly.

Attorneys for Casey White, former escaped Alabama inmate, discuss case​

White is scheduled to appear at a preliminary hearing in Florence June 20. At the hearing, prosecutors will present the case against White and a judge will determine if the evidence is sufficient enough to send the case to a grand jury to consider an indictment.

“We’ve had some in this office today, and in my home, I’ve had some threats come my way, physical threats and threats to property,” McDaniel said. “Let me say this to the people that’s doing that. That’s not going to make a damn bit of difference. All your calls, all your threats that you make, it’s not going to make any difference. I’ve been practicing law 45 years. I’ve been threatened every way you can be threatened and I’ve been accused about everything. So if you want to keep doing that, you just keep on doing it. It’s not going to affect how we’re going to represent this man right here. We’re going to give him the best defense that we can possibly give.

A Lauderdale County judge has granted a delay in Casey White's capital murder trial.

That trial for the 2015 murder of Connie Ridgeway was set to begin June 13.

That trial will now be held Dec. 12.

Casey White’s attorneys have also filed a motion to move the trial out of Lauderdale County.

Huntsville attorney Mark McDaniel filed the motion Friday asking for a change of venue
for the trial due to publicity generated by CW’s escape.

The trial originally scheduled for June 13 has been pushed to December 12, the judge ordered.

A Lauderdale County judge has granted a delay in Casey White's capital murder trial.

That trial for the 2015 murder of Connie Ridgeway was set to begin June 13.

That trial will now be held Dec. 12.

Casey White’s attorneys have also filed a motion to move the trial out of Lauderdale County.
Who didn't see that coming (i.e., CW recanting his handwritten in his own words, confession mailed from prison)?!!

Maybe VW put some of that $90,000 away for him.
They found almost $30,000 in their get away car. I honestly don't know how they spent the other $60,000. I can imagine some was spent before the escape. Some for cars, housing, off the grid supplies and "clothing".

I just don't think VW and CW were thinking far enough ahead to put aside money for his future legal or other expenses.

JMO

They found almost $30,000 in their get away car. I honestly don't know how they spent the other $60,000. I can imagine some was spent before the escape. Some for cars, housing, off the grid supplies and "clothing".

I just don't think VW and CW were thinking far enough ahead to put aside money for his future legal or other expenses.

JMO
I recall CWs mother was interviewed when the couple was still on the loose and she disclosed that she'd been aware of VW for some time, but she was an unnamed/unknown woman to her.

The mother also provided that CWs was happy, and mentally in a good place, because his new woman was going to hire a lawyer for CW, and he was going to be exonerated, etc., Mom said her response to this news was that the woman must have more money than she could spend... and stopped herself from pointing out the obvious, because she was glad CW had a friend.

I'm wondering that since CW had already planted the seed that VW, his 'unidentified' friend was going to hire a new attorney for him, perhaps VW somehow delivered/transferred $$$$ to CWs mother, earmarked for CW's legal expenses, for safe keeping.

IMO, I think it's highly suspicious that CW's mom recently hired a very experienced attorney for CW. I previously posted the presser by the new attorney where he was flanked by a team of attorneys-- as well as CWs mom and his daughter. MOO

I recall CWs mother was interviewed when the couple was still on the loose and she disclosed that she'd been aware of VW for some time, but she was an unnamed/unknown woman to her.

The mother also provided that CWs was happy, and mentally in a good place, because his new woman was going to hire a lawyer for CW, and he was going to be exonerated, etc., Mom said her response to this news was that the woman must have more money than she could spend... and stopped herself from pointing out the obvious, because she was glad CW had a friend.

I'm wondering that since CW had already planted the seed that VW, his 'unidentified' friend was going to hire a new attorney for him, perhaps VW somehow delivered/transferred $$$$ to CWs mother, earmarked for CW's legal expenses, for safe keeping.

IMO, I think it's highly suspicious that CW's mom recently hired a very experienced attorney for CW. I previously posted the presser by the new attorney where he was flanked by a team of attorneys-- as well as CWs mom and his daughter. MOO
Very possible scenario. In any case, my first instinct is always to follow the money. If true, the money trail should be very easy for investigators to follow.

CW was originally imprisoned the 2015 charges, convicted and sentenced to 75 years. While he was in prison, he then confessed to the murder of Connie Ridgeway in 2020.

"On the night of December 2, 2015, Casey White broke into his ex-girlfriend’s home, killed her dog, and held her and two other people hostage- firing shots as they escaped. But that’s not all; after that, he stole a car, tried to hijack a trucker at gunpoint, and shot another woman whose car he also tried to steal in Tennessee.
White peacefully surrendered that night. He was sentenced to 75 years in prison. While there, he confessed to the murder of Connie Ridgeway and was charged in 2020."

I can almost believe CW and VW thought he was going to avoid the murder charge of Connie Ridgeway by hiring high powered lawyers and pleading temporary insanity. However he had already been tried and convicted of the 2015 charges, thus the 75 years. IMO, even if he was exonerated of the charge of killing Connie Ridgeway, he was still going to essentially spend life in prison from the 2015 charges. The 2015 charges seemed to be very well supported by witness testimony.

JMO

Last edited:
I can almost believe CW and VW thought he was going to avoid the murder charge of Connie Ridgeway by hiring high powered lawyers and pleading temporary insanity. However he had already been tried and convicted of the 2015 charges, thus the 75 years. IMO, even if he was exonerated of the charge of killing Connie Ridgeway, he was still going to essentially spend life in prison from the 2015 charges. The 2015 charges seemed to be very well supported by witness testimony.^^ rsbm
Exactly -- even his mother recognized these facts as CW was relaying the couple's legal plan for him but thought better not to point out the obvious as she was pleased that her son seemed to be in good form, and had a friend. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back