GUILTY AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *guilty of escape, disposed of murder* #7

News19 Huntsville:

LAUDERDALE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) — The lawyers for Casey White have laid out a potential defense in the case ahead of trial, according to recent court documents – one angle being that White was in the “care and custody” of corrections officer Vicky White throughout the entire 11 day manhunt.

News19 Huntsville:

LAUDERDALE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) — The lawyers for Casey White have laid out a potential defense in the case ahead of trial, according to recent court documents – one angle being that White was in the “care and custody” of corrections officer Vicky White throughout the entire 11 day manhunt.

I'm saddened that justice for victim Ridgeway is now delayed to December, and probably longer since CW is still trying to suppress his confession or have it thrown out.

Once CW was captured alive, I knew that any hope for the truth of the escape and 11 days on the run died with VW. It was then, and now, in CW's best interest to lay the responsibility for his escape on VW without ever having to say another word. We've all seen the evidentiary video of VW collecting CW from the jail, and driving away.

I'm saddened that justice for victim Ridgeway is now delayed to December, and probably longer since CW is still trying to suppress his confession or have it thrown out.

Once CW was captured alive, I knew that any hope for the truth of the escape and 11 days on the run died with VW. It was then, and now, in CW's best interest to lay the responsibility for his escape on VW without ever having to say another word. We've all seen the evidentiary video of VW collecting CW from the jail, and driving away.
Just curious. What "truth(s)" are you looking for?

She's dead and he'll never be free (and might be convicted of the murder of CR, adding to his life toll).

I would like to see jail & prison reforms in the state of Alabama. This case is an additional glaring example of that need.

JMO

News19 Huntsville:

Except we have video evidence that’s not true. He was at the car wash alone before she drove up to pick him up.

And wasn’t there a claim they drove separately for a while too?

Except we have video evidence that’s not true. He was at the car wash alone before she drove up to pick him up.

And wasn’t there a claim they drove separately for a while too?

My thoughts exactly.

If CW was so distraught about being freed from jail and having sex etc., then he had the perfect opportunity at the car wash to call police and say he's been kidnapped. He could've given police his location and ask to be rescued.

As if.

IMO

If he gets his confession thrown out its going to be interesting to see them prove that he wasn't just following her instructions. jmo. I hope they livestream it. lol I dont know if a jury will by it but if they look at evidence there is plenty showing she walked a handcuffed prisoner out.

Stinson, the car wash owner, vowed that he won't fight or beg for the money — although he could use it.

I don't like this. Stinson should get reward money. He saw CW on video and called it in to LE. According to the link above Gov Ivey did give out some of the reward money. Stinson should also get a portion.

""""Stinson, who reported a Ford F-150 left by the Whites at Weinbach Car Wash, also said he isn't the anonymous tipster to whom Alabama will give $5,000 for help apprehending the fugitive couple. Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey announced the reward Wednesday."""""

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious. What "truth(s)" are you looking for?

She's dead and he'll never be free (and might be convicted of the murder of CR, adding to his life toll).

I would like to see jail & prison reforms in the state of Alabama. This case is an additional glaring example of that need.

JMO
To be clear, there's never been a question about the fate of CW, a convicted felon already serving a 75-year sentence.

And yes, VW is deceased, leaving me to question OP's need to repeat the obvious. :rolleyes:

The truth I was referring to was that I think would be of interest to everybody-- learning when and how VW detected specific weaknesses in the actual system, including both the facility and the personnel, in place, that allowed VW to remove a convict for a bogus appointment, and where it took nearly 8 hours for the security breach to be detected. IMO, the consequences here could have been far worse. Catastrophically worse.

If he gets his confession thrown out its going to be interesting to see them prove that he wasn't just following her instructions. jmo. I hope they livestream it. lol I dont know if a jury will by it but if they look at evidence there is plenty showing she walked a handcuffed prisoner out. ^^bbm
Wait, the confession in question has nothing to do with CW's escape and CW following VW out of jail.

The confession relates to the 2015 murder of Connie Ridgeway where CW first confessed during a prison interview that he was the killer, with details about the evidence not released to the public, and also wrote a letter from prison that he was paid to kill the victim. CW's new defense team is working to get CW's confession suppressed or thrown out.

Wait, the confession in question has nothing to do with CW's escape and CW following VW out of jail.

The confession relates to the 2015 murder of Connie Ridgeway where CW first confessed during a prison interview that he was the killer, with details about the evidence not released to the public, and also wrote a letter from prison that he was paid to kill the victim. CW's new defense team is working to get CW's confession suppressed or thrown out.
Oh. I guess I misunderstood. I thought they were trying to get his statements thrown out from Evansville when he was in custody .

Been doing a lot of thinking about escape charges against CW. With the CO no longer able to testify, CW could present his version of the escape/release to his advantage. CW could use the video of him being lead out of the jail by a CO in cuffs. Was curious why the Prosecutor wanted to try this charge because CW was in the custody of the CO and I figured a defense attorney would really play that card.

But, when the 911 recording picked up the audio in the vehicle CW was driving, prior to the crash, the CO was telling CW to stop. Please stop. That in itself may be enough for a jury to find him guilty. He can't have it both ways, the CO told him to stop.

I wonder if he will claim he confessed to CR's murder only in order to be transferred to Lauderdale where he and VW were planning his escape? That was the impression I had all along.

Once VW passed away, it sadly became CW's story to tell. IMO, not only his story to tell, but to manipulate to his advantage. He will spin it all as VW's idea and fault.
Granted, VW did something very foolish to break him out of jail, but she will be blamed for much more.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhaosDisciple