AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen an update on this body that was found a few weeks ago by MPD? Since DNV case started the body in this article has been found, a skull has been found at another location and a body was found in the water off Fort Walton.

Body found off Kooiman Rd in Theodore
This is believed to have been an unknown homeless woman who lived in the area. Her possessions were identified by locals in the area.

Why would drug dealers choose to do their business at a Shell station in full view of a CCTV camera?
IDK. My initial thought was that location of Shell made it easy to zip in and out and was accessible from many parts of City via interstates and while dark it wasn't hidden so had some safety benefits. Maybe dealers know how to stay out of camera range? Given the industrial nature of the area I would think that LE has additional footage.

I still don't understand why MPD pulled the CCTV? Do you have any ideas?

Daupin St doesn't help with understanding why they were near the Shell station.
Well if they were continuing on to party and wanted to go to Dauphin Street the shell would be on the way there I am might have been when she realized she didn’t have her phone

IDK. My initial thought was that location of Shell made it easy to zip in and out and was accessible from many parts of City via interstates and while dark it wasn't hidden so had some safety benefits. Maybe dealers know how to stay out of camera range? Given the industrial nature of the area I would think that LE has additional footage.

I still don't understand why MPD pulled the CCTV? Do you have any ideas?

I think that the homicide detectives have CCTV footage of a crime in progress where Danni and her car are taken by a third party from the Shell station.

Well if they were continuing on to party and wanted to go to Dauphin Street the shell would be on the way there I am might have been when she realized she didn’t have her phone

Am I looking at the wrong Dauphin Street? It doesn't look like the Shell station is on the way.

upload_2018-9-20_16-55-15.png

I think that the homicide detectives have CCTV footage of a crime in progress where Danni and her car are taken by a third party from the Shell station.
Ok. Going with that idea then why not do what they did in the other case they had this week and post the CCTV and ask the public for help? The other case had a successful conclusion and the DNV case is unsolved. Is it realistic to expect that MPD knows who all was at the Shell station as the people involved had been under surveillance for car jacking possibly? I'm grasping at straws here but car theft is a high volume crime in Mobile and I would think that its done in crews and that most likely MPD knows the individual crews. I can get taking the car but why take DNV? Maybe this case is part of some larger investigation into vehicle theft and that is why the news blackout?

I also keep going back to the TV show (First 48 on A&E) that is now being filmed in Mobile. The First 48 crew had clear access to the Dykes property search crime scene last week while the local presss were moved back from the scene. Could the TV show be impacting information sharing on the DNV case do you think?

A verified insider said that DW lived about 15 minutes SE of the Shell station. DW is accounted for both on the evening that Danni disappeared and in the following days (regarding trying to return the phone to Danni's family)

Drug dealers don't set up shop at a gas station in full view of a CCTV camera.

I'm not seeing this as a drug deal or DW being Car 3. That is, there's nothing to support this theory at this time.

That is true but keep in mind that there are a lot of gas stations that only have CCTV inside and not outside. When my purse was stolen and they used my card at 3 gas stations all within 30 minutes nobody could provide any footage of outside they only had footage inside the store. Maybe the whole ordeal wasn’t planned thus it was not well thought out. Most drug deals do take place in parking lots here.

If DW was heading home and she was following him because she got confused like he said. Why after realizing her phone was left behind did he feel the need to go back with her to retrieve it. Why couldn’t she have gone back on her own to get it since he had no intentions of going to Ollie’s with the rest of the group.

Am I looking at the wrong Dauphin Street? It doesn't look like the Shell station is on the way.

View attachment 147980
Coming from Dublin's, Dauphin street would have been a left, not a right. It does however go all the way to downtown, which you cab get to on the interstate from either direction.

View attachment 147980
The area of dauphin street with the bars is at the other End of the street. Closer to the Bay. Not far from I10. There are a lot of traffic lights going through the routes off the interstate so it’s very common for people to jump on the interstate to get to Dowtown aDauphin Street.

All the things I’m saying are just pure assumptions based on what makes most sense to me from everything I’ve read and what people here generally do.

Cmpeezy251...yep...nothing of his story adds up...
Another inconsistency : he says she got out of car to look for phone...but a few posters here say that when they saw footage - nothing but cars parked, grainy, but nobody walking between cars, etc...
again: why would he lie? Presumably to set up concept that she was alert, conscious and healthy when he left...which just makes you think maybe, given he lied, she was none of those things....
eh
To be honest, generally, my gut feeling (which lasts half a millisecond) I don't think DW was involved/responsible for her disappearance.....but then: his fishy story just piles unlikelihood, odd behavior, etc. etc. until I'm back on the fence...

I do think that if he isn't involved: he's afraid of occupants of car #3, and/or simply ashamed for some bad decisions and behavior...

Just really wished he'd made it clear next morning that he had the phone of a girl he had every reason to believe met with some difficulty & could be in trouble (or heck how about that night...did he alert friends at Ollie's that she was, from what he could tell, missing?).....(still want to know how he got her darn passcode!)

Doesn't seem he even told JT the truth - that they went back for her phone, but she never showed up - he just says he has her phone....then doesn't bother to drop it off at her work for her 11 am shift...eh....regardless, not happy with DW's actions.......

My other gut feeling: he's opened up to LE

Car #3 & CCTV- whatever information is there - they are keeping their cards close to their chest for a reason...let's hope there's a break in this case

The other carjacking cases seem to be robbery motivated, the vehicles were found abandoned later and the people not abducted. I also believe that this case is part of something bigger than is being revealed to the public. There is a lot of crime in Mobile but nothing like this that I know about.

In regards to why they would choose to stop at a closed gas station.

If someone is following behind you in a separate car and starts flashing their lights to get your attention, you are going to pull into first available area regardless of what it is. You have no idea what the problem is yet.

That is if the story we were given is true.

Some of the early custody litigation is available and offers a slightly different take on the overall situation IMO as it did appear contentious. I'm not sure its within TOS to post these documents? It is also unclear whether DNV had legal support at that time and this is quite unfortunate as its not clear she understood her options from an impartial advisor. It does appear that some custody agreement was reached but the formality of the arrangement is unclear as is whether DNV wanted to change the current situation at the time of her disappearance?

Its probably sufficient to say that DNV was a young single mother of 17/18 years old with all the issues that this entails and was dealing with various personal issues. She wasn't from Mobile, had dropped out of school, had none of her family or former friends close by and probably had next to no support network of local friends yet.

So just trying to create a visual of that period it must have been rough for her at 17/18 to deal first with giving birth and then with the overall situation of caring for an infant. She probably didn't even know how she was going to financially take care of herself let alone an infant. She didn't at the time of the original litigation appear to have a stable partner present and able to assist in a responsible way with childcare and financial assistance so the parent of the birth father was the available option other than foster care if she didn't want her birth family involved. She probably just did the best she could to surive and the custody arrangement, whatever it was, worked and let her get on her feet financially and personally.

She was 20 when her daughter was born (her daughter is 4 1/2). I've not seen the early documents; I just know what JDT has told me.

RE rental car - apparently for work.....but don't know why he'd need one
Good question..
Anyone know why DW would have a work issued rental car...??
Apparently he traveled in and out of town for work regularly. (That's not even being sarcastic, I read it afterwards and thought that's how it may have came off).

That is true but keep in mind that there are a lot of gas stations that only have CCTV inside and not outside. When my purse was stolen and they used my card at 3 gas stations all within 30 minutes nobody could provide any footage of outside they only had footage inside the store. Maybe the whole ordeal wasn’t planned thus it was not well thought out. Most drug deals do take place in parking lots here.

If DW was heading home and she was following him because she got confused like he said. Why after realizing her phone was left behind did he feel the need to go back with her to retrieve it. Why couldn’t she have gone back on her own to get it since he had no intentions of going to Ollie’s with the rest of the group.

I have a difficult time believing that the Shell station was the place to buy drugs. Drug dealers pay attention to all cameras, and it doesn't add up that drug dealers choose a Shell station as the ideal location to do drug business.We know that the CCTV captured something important on the night that Danni vanished, and that the cameras have a good view of business outside the building.

Perhaps DW is a gentleman and when Danni was in distress about her phone, he decided to go with her to help her find her phone. He didn't need to do that, but he did.

Also, just worth noting- directly across from where Dauphin st. ends is a convention center that has a parking area below it and it is right on the water... next to a container yard.

Sure, but the last known location for Danni is the Shell station with unknown people in a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa