Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to properly insert tweets on here (I'm 30, definitely in the "twitter user" generation and I almost just wrote "properly insert tweeters" lol- sorry, I'm in a very weird emotional place right now since learning about this discovery) but Christopher Harress, crime and public safety reporter said 50 minutes ago that her car is "about to be removed":

Law enforcement crews are still trying remove the vehicle belonging to Danniella Vian from a creek near Saraland. Human remains are still in the vehicle and investigators had been doing underwater forensics. The car will is about to be removed from the scene.

D5qGJXsXkAU34r-.jpg

ETA: he's now reporting that the car is out of the water and an adult female's body was in the car.

Last edited:
MPD: Vehicle recovered in Saraland belonged to missing woman

PC in above link. Pearls Motor tag on the vehicle. Says they're treating it as a homicide because they won't be able to go back and re-do it if it does end up being a homicide and they need to prosecute someone. May be several days or weeks to make positive identification because of decomp. A dive instructor/scout for locations noticed something in the water (approximately a week ago) and then brought back other divers to see what was in the water, saw the car with a pearl motors tag and called homicide detectives

Kind of figured they would find her and the car submerged in water. For both to disappear going into water is always a possibility. Not just for this case but any case. Wonder if they got a tip on it or it just came back up.

Yes in the live video from last night the reporter is speaking to a female off camera who says she is Daniellas friend and lives down the street.

The person at the scene was a friend of Danniella's MIL, not Danniella herself. If you go back to the video in the beginning the person is crying and saying she is a friend of Julie and they just told Julie (Danniella's ex's mother).

PC in above link. Pearls Motor tag on the vehicle. Says they're treating it as a homicide because they won't be able to go back and re-do it if it does end up being a homicide and they need to prosecute someone. May be several days or weeks to make positive identification because of decomp. A dive instructor/scout for locations noticed something in the water (approximately a week ago) and then brought back other divers to see what was in the water, saw the car with a pearl motors tag and called homicide detectives
Very interesting that they can positively identify the body as an adult female before they even removed the body from the car and before they even opened the car doors. Seems like they know more than they let on. Very early treating it as a homicide and very early ID of the female adult body

MOO

I haven't followed this case at all, but it is popping up on all of my feeds. Could it could be self harm?
I'v been following the case since the very beginning and obviously I can't speak for everyone but personally I doubt it. My own opinion is that the family of her baby's father knows more about her disappearance than they've said. TOTALLY unrelated (sarcasm), it's interesting and pretty surprising we haven't heard from JDT since this discovery.
Picture shows Danniella Vian's
Exactly one month before DNV was last seen she made this wonderful goals list, things were really looking up in her life, she was getting more and more time with her daughter. It's always possible it was self inflicted but I'm leaning towards someone did this to her.

The person at the scene was a friend of Danniella's MIL, not Danniella herself. If you go back to the video in the beginning the person is crying and saying she is a friend of Julie and they just told Julie (Danniella's ex's mother).
Ahhh ok. Even more perplexing then. The latest PC a reporter stated Daniellas friends saying she had no connection to this area. He replied they would be looking into that as well as any cameras in the area .

Very interesting that they can positively identify the body as an adult female before they even removed the body from the car and before they even opened the car doors. Seems like they know more than they let on. Very early treating it as a homicide and very early ID of the female adult body

MOO

That struck me too. In following this case for the past 8 months we have seen a few instances where a car was found in water and we all worried it was DNV and then LE quickly said no foul play was suspected and the car was pulled out.

My first thought was something about the body in the car did not make it seem like the person drove the car into the river themselves. Maybe the body was in the back seat or some other injury that could have sustained 8 months of decomposition. It could be something they've uncovered in the last 8 months of investigating too- maybe outside evidence that she was harmed but no firm suspect.

It's just so sad. I know the odds and spent months digging into this case but a little part of me hoped she just left the circus in Mobile and was off in Southern California living a good life. I know she wouldn't do that to her daughter but it would have been better than this.

MOO

Makes me think she was NOT in the trunk. I think they knew it was her car from the Pearl Motors tag, but the way he said something along the lines of "we want to open the doors to get a better look at her", I think it was, during the PC makes me think she was somewhere inside the actual car and not the trunk.

I'v been following the case since the very beginning and obviously I can't speak for everyone but personally I doubt it. My own opinion is that the family of her baby's father knows more about her disappearance than they've said. TOTALLY unrelated (sarcasm), it's interesting and pretty surprising we haven't heard from JDT since this discovery.
Picture shows Danniella Vian's
Exactly one month before DNV was last seen she made this wonderful goals list, things were really looking up in her life, she was getting more and more time with her daughter. It's always possible it was self inflicted but I'm leaning towards someone did this to her.

Interesting that some people related to the case's Facebook pages have been deleted. Wonder when that happened.

He cleared up the confusion on the tip vs. randomly finding during training.

In latest PC he says a diver was taking measurements of the bayou and noticed something, marked it, came back a week later to check it with a team and discovered the car and saw the Pearl Motors tags.

It sounds like MPD is now hedging: "We are treating it as a crime scene so IF we have to go to court and prosecute someone..." Maybe they really have no more than they did last July. I obviously think it's smart to do it this way but the early reports seemed stronger.

"We are treating it as a homicide but we don't even know, until there is an autopsy, what it is"

He also said they can't tell where the body was positioned in the car at this time.

Yeah I thought that PC was interesting. There was no tip, it was just "dumb" luck finding her car. I really don't think they know a whole lot more. I'm very interested to know where she was in the car but after 8 months underwater...I don't want to think about it but I'm sure things look different than they did July 18th 2018. IMO I don't think they know this is a homicide or that it isn't a homicide. I think they really are just being VERY careful and very methodical, which is a great thing and I'm very happy to see. I really wonder when we'll find out more information and what we'll be told. Like I said earlier, if someone did this or if the people she was with that night know more than they've said, I think people are going to start "remembering" things realllllll quick.

Video of her car being taken away on the police tow truck. The back drivers side window is halfway down- did police pull it down? Was it found like that?? The car looks pretty beat up to me, remember it was her first day with the car, if there were preexisting dents I'd think Pearl Motors would have gotten them fixed prior to selling the car.

Christopher Harress on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members