AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms. Merritt never stated "231", but rather, "from there which is the quickest way back to Dothan". Ref back to Headland when Ms. Beasley asked classmate at store about Midland City, "from there which is the quickest way...…"
AMW never knew about the error until was made aware by local couple or three years later which lead up to one of the parents being interviewed by Fox News Ms. Kimberly Gilfold; after having a limo been sent up from Mobile, Ala to residence for traveling to a location down there in Montgomery; in the interim several hours were invested in confirming the first airing had not met the program's standards and were in planning stages to return; the afternoon of day before flight next morning, their trip abruptly cancelled, all their individual incoming calls went to answering machines, after awhile was found out two had left AMW, and any efforts to call in about case, nobody could locate girl's AMW file. Eventually AMW, for whatever reasons discontinued programming.

How is known that he didn't name the "tattooed man"? "PERHAPS" is not facts, right? DNA test cleared?

"LR1, If there was an outside an outside camera the leap cannot be made...…." The Southeast Sun August 3, 2000 12:00 a.m. "..on the videotape...…..believed...…..is seen pulling out...…. etc, etc."

LR1: If this newspaper article is sworn unto to be proven original, factually authenticated by its editor and/or owner; and thereafter the police department encourages the promoting and publishing and airing of FULL video/audio tape[applicable] including date and timer, before the public; since criminal case, remaining open, all evidences had to be logged in and remaining legally accounted for! We are prepared to make a gentleman's wager with you LR1, that this same video in its original state does reveal a significant lot more than quote; and will upon satisfactory arrangements agree upon, to place in escrow in neutral location down there in the amount of $500.00 [that tape reveals a lot more] vs. your $500.00 [that tape doesn't reveal] ; to be beforehand decided, for predetermining which charity to donate the total of $1,000.00.

Lr1: Barrentine/clothing, IN THE AFOREMENTIONED; A.B.I. Huggins went on further to state "...……. describe the girl's clothing AND OTHER ITEMS CONSISTENT WITH THE GIRLS AND THE CRIME." We trust this continuing offering of facts will assist in helping provide the way to long overdue closures for Ms. Beasley and Ms. Hawlett. Lingering, Tumbleton and Midland City boys info. Afterwards is Mr. Raymond on Matthews Avenue after 1:30 a.m. 8-1-99, then following, who was it at 3:00 a.m.?

Lr1: Barrentine/clothing, IN THE AFOREMENTIONED; A.B.I. Huggins went on further to state "...……. describe the girl's clothing AND OTHER ITEMS CONSISTENT WITH THE GIRLS AND THE CRIME." We trust this continuing offering of facts will assist in helping provide the way to long overdue closures for Ms. Beasley and Ms. Hawlett. Lingering, Tumbleton and Midland City boys info. Afterwards is Mr. Raymond on Matthews Avenue after 1:30 a.m. 8-1-99, then following, who was it at 3:00 a.m.?
No doubt his answers lined up nicely and the way one might expect from someone with diminished capacity after hours of interrogation. I would refer you the act that ultimately lead them to focus attention on him and finally to the grand jury's decision in declining to indict. Closure would be nice. If there's something to be found within all the holes in the story you have my support in your attempt to fill the gaps.

LR1: The Southeast Sun Newspaper 8-3- 2000 article regarding VIDEOTAPE speaks well for itself, warrants no further elaboration. But, strongly supporting same article's language about videotape parallels as follows: Archive. Today True Crime Notebook 12 June 2014 22:35:52; "Video footage showed that Marilyn Merritt and her daughter pulled out of the Big/Little store's parking lot first, followed immediately by the white truck, followed immediately by J.B. and Tracie."

Southern Star Newspaper Sunday 8-5-2001; "The owner of the white truck has been located in Delaware; the driver said he didn't see anything, and the vehicle was examined, no evidence found.."
Archive. Today 6-12-2014; "Finally in 2004 the driver of the white truck was identified and cleared of any involvement."

Anywhere, there are believed appearances of "holes"; specifically identify, and be responded to accordingly; after all the truck could have belonged to a former elected official's family; is a matter we are, you also are attempting to resolve, right?

Here is the actual quote from the Southeastern Sun article,

Investigators have reviewed videotapes from several convenience stores in Ozark, and are still looking for the owner of a white pickup truck that was parked at the Big/Little Store the night the girls were slain. On the videotape, a small- to medium-sized pickup truck, believed to be an older model, is seen pulling up to the fuel pumps. No one exits the vehicle, and a couple of minutes later the truck is seen pulling away, just minutes before Beasley's Mazda is seen leaving.

Teen murders spark year-long investigation

That truecrimenotebook page was, from my understanding, a website set up along with a FB page, by The Right Honorable DimeDetective in a valiant attempt to bring this case out of the shadows about 4-5 years ago. Any clarification regarding the info or wording contained within I would refer you to that member.

Investigators have reviewed videotapes from several convenience stores in Ozark, and are still looking for the owner of a white pickup truck that was parked at the Big/Little Store the night the girls were slain. On the videotape, a small- to medium-sized pickup truck, believed to be an older model, is seen pulling up to the fuel pumps. No one exits the vehicle, and a couple of minutes later the truck is seen pulling away, just minutes before Beasley's Mazda is seen leaving.

That truecrimenotebook page was, from my understanding, a website set up along with a FB page, by The Right Honorable DimeDetective in a valiant attempt to bring this case out of the shadows about 4-5 years ago. Any clarification regarding the info or wording contained within I would refer you to that member.

One part that I find interesting is when Spivey says "Meanwhile, investigators have followed up on leads that led them as far away as Michigan, and to Georgia and Mississippi. They have taken nearly saliva samples for DNA testing from nearly 100 men, Spivey said, but so far, no match has been made. About 75 men have been cleared of the murders because of the DNA samples, but police are still waiting for results of another 15 tests."

Who were the 100 men and how were they selected?

I think we are all getting way ahead of ourselves. If the crime happened the way the newspaper article states, that would mean the individual pulled ahead, stopped somewhere ON BROAD STREET where he then flagged the girls down and kidnapped them, presumably leaving his vehicle somewhere nearby on Broad Street. Of course then after he leaves J.B. Beasley's Mazda on Herring Avenue he has to walk back to his vehicle parked somewhere on Broad Street. So at night he is able to spot a dark car coming at him and know there are two females inside? This guy must have great eyesight or be extremely lucky.

I think when Tracie Hawlett called her mom at 11:38 pm it was because she was concerned that her mother might be worried about her. I do not understand how we can come to any other conclusion.

As for the above kidnapping scenario, it is always possible. But, in my opinion, I think it is very unlikely.

One part that I find interesting is when Spivey says "Meanwhile, investigators have followed up on leads that led them as far away as Michigan, and to Georgia and Mississippi. They have taken nearly saliva samples for DNA testing from nearly 100 men, Spivey said, but so far, no match has been made. About 75 men have been cleared of the murders because of the DNA samples, but police are still waiting for results of another 15 tests."

That is a lot of people. Seems like it would take any known acquaintances within reason, maybe sex offenders in the area and any other town ruffian they would need to get to that number. And of course some party goers if they established the girls were at one.

The article also has the girls telling Merritt they were lost before amw came on the scene for what it's worth.

@ somequestions, You'll get no argument from me on that.

Driver of white truck identified 2001 and ruled out HOW a being a suspect; then why again driver in 2004 of white truck identified and again ruled out HOW still not being a suspect?

Mr. TedMac sir: Ref. to LR1 concerns for Ms. Merritt; once and lastly, Ms. Merritt has never said the girls had ever told her that they were lost; but she had heard Ms. Hawlett telling someone, believed to be her mom, they had been lost, Ms. Beasley asking from there, which was the quickest way back to Dothan.
January 20, 2000 Robin DeMonia News Staff writer; "The 17-year-old told her mother she had GOTTEN LOST AND WOUND UP IN OZARK. But she said, SHE KNEW HOW TO GET HOME TO DOTHAN, that she and her friend J>B> Beasley were on their way. ""Police" found Ms. Beasley's black Mazda 929 just before 8 a.m...………"

July 23, 2000 By Richard Lake Register Staff Reporter; "The driver's side window was rolled down a few inches and the door was unlocked when the officer's found it."

"Police investigated every rumor, Chief Tony R. Spivey said in an interview this month." "Conducted more than 500 interviews", Tested the DNA of more than 70 potential suspects".

Southeast Sun by Sara Gilbert, August 2000 paraphrasing; one year later nearly 100 men DNA tested; with forensic evidences still unexamined in Montgomery...…. America's Most Wanted is in Ozark conducting research, Spivey said, America's Most Wanted speaking to investigators and family members.

Haunting Evidence, Part One, 8-24-2007; "No outright signs that the girls had met with foul play."

Shined Rabbit, Veronica Silver, 07-21-2017, "Cars don't bleed, blood all over and underneath; sitting on top smoking cigarettes, climbing thru it [Ms. Beasley's vehicle] without gloves."

Noticeably how unusual after nineteen years there has never been any public mentioning of that evening by those known to have been significantly a part of this tragedy, albeit if but by only indirect circumstances as were the classmates at Headland store. Public has never known of any news worthy details, or those officials by names and offices contributing to working this case.

The invaluable evidentiary contributions assisting in the solidifying of this case's timeline from members of this thread has been long overdue, and not lost foresight of until after case resolved and closures embraced; anything less will undermine the intent and purpose for this honorable and respected thread.

I think we are all getting way ahead of ourselves. If the crime happened the way the newspaper article states, that would mean the individual pulled ahead, stopped somewhere ON BROAD STREET where he then flagged the girls down and kidnapped them, presumably leaving his vehicle somewhere nearby on Broad Street. Of course then after he leaves J.B. Beasley's Mazda on Herring Avenue he has to walk back to his vehicle parked somewhere on Broad Street. So at night he is able to spot a dark car coming at him and know there are two females inside? This guy must have great eyesight or be extremely lucky.

I think when Tracie Hawlett called her mom at 11:38 pm it was because she was concerned that her mother might be worried about her. I do not understand how we can come to any other conclusion.

As for the above kidnapping scenario, it is always possible. But, in my opinion, I think it is very unlikely.

somequestions/LR1: There exist a good possibility that one/both girls knew driver/occupants of white truck, and actually following them. Maybe, if possible, if down there anyone you may know who lives, or lived in the area of James Street/Matthews Avenue, Stokes Avenue, Hospital Avenue, Lakeview Avenue, Fair Avenue, or Campground Road may know, or if could recall such a type truck.

No doubt his answers lined up nicely and the way one might expect from someone with diminished capacity after hours of interrogation. I would refer you the act that ultimately lead them to focus attention on him and finally to the grand jury's decision in declining to indict. Closure would be nice. If there's something to be found within all the holes in the story you have my support in your attempt to fill the gaps.

LR1: Please, isolate and itemize specifics identifying "holes" beyond that of trivializing; and we'll compare list, one each at a time.

TBL has a major point. The investigations contradict what they’re saying all the time. Why? Probably because they started lying immediately and simply lost track of what they had said/not said since it was made up on the go.

Once you start lying your screwed because none of the things you say happened actually happened so 19 years later you don’t have a clue what you said in 1999.

Alabama is about 15 years behind most states except Mississippi and Arkansas. My source is graduating from Auburn University and going back to home football games.

This case isn’t solved because the “ good ole boy network” doesn’t want it solved. I personally believe tapes of some kind exist but what’s on them I don’t have a clue.

All my Opinion

somequestions/LR1: There exist a good possibility that one/both girls knew driver/occupants of white truck, and actually following them. Maybe, if possible, if down there anyone you may know who lives, or lived in the area of James Street/Matthews Avenue, Stokes Avenue, Hospital Avenue, Lakeview Avenue, Fair Avenue, or Campground Road may know, or if could recall such a type truck.

TBL knows this but on November 6th a a very cunning/smart person will have significantly more power throughout the United States.

This person is already the head of two major subcommittees that effect everyone in the country. They will have zero problems ruffling feathers. Also happen to have a sweet spot for small town Southern kids since they grew up as one.

In regards to J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett possibly knowing the person in the white truck, so when this white truck on the surveillance video was at the gas station, did J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett go up and talk to the driver? Did they wave to acknowledge the driver of the white truck? Did they look in the direction of the white truck and pay attention to it? Did the white truck try to park near J.B. Beasley's car so they could talk?

What does the evidence from the video surveillance at the Big Little gas station show that night?

If there's anyone in here local to the Dothan area that wants to share info or theories in this case, feel free to contact me. I am working on a project with some others to bring this case to a larger audience and hopefully generate more tips and leads, etc

In regards to J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett possibly knowing the person in the white truck, so when this white truck on the surveillance video was at the gas station, did J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett go up and talk to the driver? Did they wave to acknowledge the driver of the white truck? Did they look in the direction of the white truck and pay attention to it? Did the white truck try to park near J.B. Beasley's car so they could talk?

What does the evidence from the video surveillance at the Big Little gas station show that night?

somequestions: Respectfully, even though Big/Little Stores Mgt. has advised that working exterior security video cameras are utilized on their properties; LR1 has posted to the contrary, in such convincing way; that his post would nullify any potential for your question being addressed; therefore referring you, please to LR1. Thank you.

If there's anyone in here local to the Dothan area that wants to share info or theories in this case, feel free to contact me. I am working on a project with some others to bring this case to a larger audience and hopefully generate more tips and leads, etc

Are you closer to the Beltway, or the Heartland?

Did Big/Little store management also manage the old Video Rental place? Didn’t JWB try and rent the camera footage outside the B/L store?

Rumors or truth? Seems odd.

somequestions: Respectfully, even though Big/Little Stores Mgt. has advised that working exterior security video cameras are utilized on their properties; LR1 has posted to the contrary, in such convincing way; that his post would nullify any potential for your question being addressed; therefore referring you, please to LR1. Thank you.

I've had a line on some suspicious vehicles, and vehicles of interest. Seeing if anyone knows anything about vehicles in particular?If you don't feel comfortable sharing publicly, please PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat