AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweater and blouse could be one and the same.

That's a possibility, a mix up of words but the material and styles are very different. I don't see anyone making that type of mistake, plus to call something a sweater in July just sounds silly to me. Men in general may not notice a hair cut or hair style changes but I'm willing to bet they know the difference between a sweater and blouse at least as far as one is worn in winter and one in summer

Thursday, June 6th:
*Grand Jury Hearing (@ 9am ET) – AL – J.B. Hilton Green Beasley (17) & Tracie Jean Hawlett (17) (July 31, 1999, Ozark) - *Coley Lewis McCraney (45/25 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (3/16/19) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 1st degree murder while in the act of murdering two or more persons & 1 count of 1st degree rape (Beasley). Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Parabon Nanolabs GEDMatch DNA
4/3/19 Update: Dale County judge has found probable cause to bound the murder case against McCraney to a grand jury on 6/6.
5/7/19 Update: Bond hearing on 5/22, but DA will be out of town. Rescheduled for 5/29.
5/29/19 Update: Judge delays bond hearing. Judge denies bond. Next Grand Jury hearing on 6/6.

Judge denies motion to strike military records from Coley McCraney’s murder cases

Jun 6, 2019

"A Dale County judge won’t exclude a military record of a man charged with the 20-year-old murders of two Dothan teenagers.

Judge Stanley Garner Jr. issued an order Wednesday, June 5, denying the defense attorney’s request to strike Exhibit 4, the military records of Coley McCraney, who is charged in the 1999 murders of Tracie Hawlett and J.B. Beasley.

Exhibit 4 is an incident/complaint report from the security police at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi, dated April 11, 1994.

The complaint was filed by Zappharie L. McCraney, who was then married to McCraney. She claimed McCraney assaulted her and confined her in a room along with her baby while he was stationed at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi....

Defense Attorney David Harrison filed the motion to strike on May 30, stating in his motion the court heard the evidence and saw the document labeled Exhibit 4, and the evidence was the civilian Ferrod McDaniels had possession of the 9mm gun and not McCraney.

Garner denied the motion, stating the report mentioned in Harrison’s motion was documented by the state and that it was admitted into evidence at a preliminary hearing without any objection from the defendant.

McCraney’s case is scheduled to go before a grand jury June 6."

Judge denies motion to strike military records from Coley McCraney’s murder cases

Interesting. If you read the comments following the various articles, you find out they are cousins. The other man committed a murder in Ozark two years after the girls were murdered, from what comments said.

I saw that too, and the poster did say that the other guy did do it but was that because he was convicted or confessed? No clue. But even if OPD did put the other guy with CM it get info what does it really matter if he did nothing wrong. If they are related how does that play into all of this, is the other guy willing to fabricate a story about the cops to help CM get off, is there a possibility he was there, I mean his life is basically over so would he lie to help or is it all BS from the lawyer to try to get out of anything CM has said to anyone while incarcerated

This scenario is very unlikely. Some very smart (street savvy) people are behind bars. This would be albeit too obvious. There are several willing snitches and repeat offenders already setting inside Dale County Jail that are more than ready and willing to speak (truthful or not) in order to get their 4th or 3rd degree felony whittled down to time served and probation.

Except for the DNA, everything else is circumstantial at this point. (Maybe not later on though. I have said this before and stand by it). My proposition is that you will see much legal and PR sleight of hand before this is over.

I find it surprising that no 2nd party alibi has been proffered publicly yet. But it may eventually. Who knows.

I agree I doubt they'd chance it, but if they did and he didn't do it then what the problem there's nothing to tell
This scenario is very unlikely. Some very smart (street savvy) people are behind bars. This would be albeit too obvious. There are several willing snitches and repeat offenders already setting inside Dale County Jail that are more than ready and willing to speak (truthful or not) in order to get their 4th or 3rd degree felony whittled down to time served and probation.

Except for the DNA, everything else is circumstantial at this point. (Maybe not later on though. I have said this before and stand by it). My proposition is that you will see much legal and PR sleight of hand before this is over.

I find it surprising that no 2nd party alibi has been proffered publicly yet. But it may eventually. Who knows.

I saw that too, and the poster did say that the other guy did do it but was that because he was convicted or confessed? No clue. But even if OPD did put the other guy with CM it get info what does it really matter if he did nothing wrong. If they are related how does that play into all of this, is the other guy willing to fabricate a story about the cops to help CM get off, is there a possibility he was there, I mean his life is basically over so would he lie to help or is it all BS from the lawyer to try to get out of anything CM has said to anyone while incarcerated

My understanding from comments is the other guy denies guilt, as do his family, and for whatever reason was granted a new trial and was going to be at Dale County jail regardless.

The DNA evidence is 100% circumstantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK