GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

She was a beautiful woman. Please let us remember that she is the victim and she and her family should not be judged. It is a free country and we all can choose what we feel is right for our own lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The initial article linked says the husband was there "and then neighbors called 911".

From the same article, the husband is an "unsworn campus police officer". What exactly is an unsworn campus police officer, if anyone knows?
Pretty much that is a minimally trained, unarmed "security officer" there to make sure people don't steal out of cars and keep peace on campus. A good person to have around but NOT a formally trained or armed police officer.

I knew Kat many years ago. Me and my then partner met the Wests at a party. She is a super sweet person. Yes she liked to have fun and loved to party. Yes her husband was very aware of her career choices. He was military and that sent them from GA to NC, CA and eventually to AL when he retired I think. It would not have been any secret from her Facebook that she was promoting something. I knew back then (2006) that she was working on a website. Husband loved her and didn't seem at all bothered by Kat's outgoing personality which seemed to be polar opposite to his. I could not believe when I saw this when I logged in this morning. Such a sweet lady it makes me so sad. I think she thought the website business would be more legitimate than dancing and would give her a much more "normal" life for her family. RIP

It seems this was her career and he supported it. I don&#8217;t see anything wrong with that. To each their own I guess. I do wonder if she was out of the house and was meeting someone, murdered and then dumped at the scene. It&#8217;s also possible she was in the home doing one of her videos and there was an intruder. <modsnip>I hope some new news comes to light soon for this woman. She did not deserve to die.

Intriguing that as reported, a green liquor bottle was placed on top of her cell phone at the scene, almost like sending some sort of message. Just speculation on my part, maybe she was dumped from a vehicle quietly by the suspect as she ended up across the street from her house. Someone took the time to place the bottle on top of the phone if this report is accurate. My sleuthing senses tells me that she wasn't chased out of her house, or someone would have heard her, no doubt frantic screaming. JMO

In general, I'm a "to each their own" sort of person, as long as they aren't hurting others or whatever. Though I feel this seems like a dangerous "business" to be in when you have a teenage daughter at home. Just my opinion, of course.

I am on the fence if I think she ran out of the house...possibly looking for help. Or if she was dumped near her home.

Her "KittyKatWest75" Twitter account is still up. Definitely NSFW. It's so disturbing to me that she posts partially nude photos of herself on an account where she also posts photos of her daughter and husband. I wish I could say I'm shocked that something horrible happened, but I'm not. It's very sad and feel horrible for her family.

She had lots of things for sale on Poshmark.com that she linked to from her Twitter account. Those items would have been directly mailed from her to the buyer with the Poshmark provided mailing label and postage. I don’t think it would have had her mailing address on it.

I have joined the FB discussion and I think from comments and the statement made by her mother http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/01/kat_west_was_cherished_wife_lo.html that this will probably turn out to be a tragic accident. I don't hear her mother pleading for answers or wanting justice for her daughter like you would expect if a murder occurred. I am willing to bet the green liquor bottle was Jagermeister, not my thing but I have known her to drink it each time I saw her socially. I don't know I'm just still in shock to have logged on to see someone I know. Hoping for answers soon.

I have joined the FB discussion and I think from comments and the statement made by her mother http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/01/kat_west_was_cherished_wife_lo.html that this will probably turn out to be a tragic accident. I don't hear her mother pleading for answers or wanting justice for her daughter like you would expect if a murder occurred. I am willing to bet the green liquor bottle was Jagermeister, not my thing but I have known her to drink it each time I saw her socially. I don't know I'm just still in shock to have logged on to see someone I know. Hoping for answers soon.

What kind of an accident?

How could it have been an accident - she was naked except for her sports bra, her phone was on the ground with a liquor bottle set on top of it. Dead in the neighbors yard.

what kind of things was she selling there? link?

She had lots of things for sale on Poshmark.com that she linked to from her Twitter account. Those items would have been directly mailed from her to the buyer with the Poshmark provided mailing label and postage. I don’t think it would have had her mailing address on it.

what kind of things was she selling there? link?

she was not selling things there - she had a Poshmark wish list of sorts, with clothing and shoes and the like that perhaps her "clients" bought for her... She'd post on her twitter whenever she added something to her list.

Intriguing that as reported, a green liquor bottle was placed on top of her cell phone at the scene, almost like sending some sort of message. Just speculation on my part, maybe she was dumped from a vehicle quietly by the suspect as she ended up across the street from her house. Someone took the time to place the bottle on top of the phone if this report is accurate. My sleuthing senses tells me that she wasn't chased out of her house, or someone would have heard her, no doubt frantic screaming. JMO
I'm thinking she went outside to smoke a cigarette or meet someone. Maybe was sitting on the curb and placed the bottle she was drinking from on the phone while smoking or talking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back