AL AL - Kemberly Ramer, 17, Opp, 15 Aug 1997

I am from a neighboring town, and I remember this case well. It is a terrible thing for a family to have no closure. I remember the rumor at the time was that the perpetrator, who may have been in a relationship with a family member of Kem's, had close family ties to an investigator in Walton County, Florida. (Rumor Only) I know that most of the leads that were followed by investigators led across the line into Walton County. This is not far from Ozark where JB Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were abducted and killed in 1999. I hope they find out what happened to Kem one day soon.

Kemberly was last seen at her father’s house around 10 p.m. the evening she went missing. Her vehicle was found in the driveway and none of her belongings were missing from the residence. Her eyeglasses and contacts were left behind.

When she was last seen, she was 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weighed approximately 130 pounds. She was last known to be wearing clear braces on her teeth and had thick eyebrows.

Kemberly’s father had been out of town that weekend and left notes for his 17-year-old daughter. “We left our doors open, we never thought anything like that would ever happen in a small town like Opp.

The search began on what would have been Kemberly’s 18th birthday on May 18, 1998. The search ended after three days with investigators finding no clues to the disappearance.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20170814/missing-for-20-years

[video]https://www.facebook.com/WCSOFL/videos/10154625467566493/?hc_ref=ARQAl7PZrf7UnU_BCCrtz5vPXow147KMNVQp_O-BlxwMwdQqDeGvW4u3n3heMvfN6Fg[/video]

I'm not sure how to shorten the link but the Walton County Sheriff's Facebook page has a video of an interview with mother, Sue Infinger, pleading with the public for information. :(

"I just want to bring my baby home."

Finished JB Beasley & Tracie Hawlett case. Moving to Kemberly Ramer case in Opp, AL. Prayers help.

Kemberly lives at 416 W. Ida Ave, Opp, AL. Google: 416 W. Ida, Opp, AL PICS. be a series of 8 pics the first top (small brown house is it) double click on house. When house comes up, double click and it will give previous listing by Realtor and pics inside house. Car was at house along with keys, Contact lenses she had taken out and other personal belonging. Time of her being in the house at 10:00 PM is pretty firm unless new info come out. Heading that way next week. Keep you posted!

There is really not information out there on Kemberly's disappearance. I'm glad to see some familiar "faces" on this board. I posted a link with some interesting comments several months ago. I live in the same county that Kem did. I didn't know Kem or anyone related to her, but she deserves justice! Local rumor was that the killer might have been someone dating a relative, and the killing might have to do with Kem disapproving of this person, who might be involved in methamphetamine. Only a rumor..but meth was big around here back then! LE had reason to believe Kem was taken into Florida (Opp is only about 20 miles from Florida line). I live close enough to Opp that I could go take pictures if any other sleuths want to see anything specific. Anyone have any thoughts?

That is wild!' Do you know if that info was submitted to LE?

I know the lady that wrote it stated that LE knew her story. If that story is true, I bet the guy who tried to assault her was the same one who kidnapped Kem. There are just not that many violent crimes in our area.

I know the lady that wrote it stated that LE knew her story. If that story is true, I bet the guy who tried to assault her was the same one who kidnapped Kem. There are just not that many violent crimes in our area.

Since you aren't in the area, could you possibly pass that info on to LE? It may be worth a try?

Since you aren't in the area, could you possibly pass that info on to LE? It may be worth a try?

I sent the link and information to our local district attorney this morning, TedMac. Hope it helps them find the SOB who abducted Kem.

DeFUNIAK SPRINGS — More than 21 years since the disappearance of Kemberly Ramer, investigators with the Walton County Sheriff’s Office continue to comb through decades of evidence.

“Our investigators continue to revisit all facts of the case,” Sheriff Michael Adkinson said. “But we need the public’s help.”

In an effort to keep the case fresh in the minds of residents, the Sheriff’s Office has put together a new flier.

More at COLD CASE: Investigators dive deep into disappearance of Kemberly Ramer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back