AL AL - Nadia Kersh, 23, Homewood, 3 Nov 2008

I just read this thread and looked at the information regarding the arrest. Here is an update that I do not see posted saying that the murder charges were dropped. :(

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/08/jefferson_county_judge_drops_c.html

Circuit Judge Clyde Jones' decision came two weeks after he refused to delay Haywood's trial set for Sept. 19 and criticized the prosecution for its lack of evidence that Haywood intentionally killed Kersh in 2008 during a burglary.

"If you arrest people you should be able to prove the person is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt within a reasonable period of time," Jones said in an Aug. 15 hearing.

Nov. 3 marks 8 years since Nadia Kersh went missing

http://www.wbrc.com/story/33627794/nov-3-marks-8-years-since-nadia-kersh-went-missing

Nov. 3 is a gut wrenching day for Nancy Kersh.

It's the anniversary of when her daughter Nadia, then 23 years old, went missing.

Joacquas Haywood was charged with her murder, but those charges were later dismissed due to delays in evidence testing.

Neill, now in his position as executive director of Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama, spoke with WBRC in hopes that someone watching will come forward.

"Maybe not directly involved in it, but you know something that you've been living with for eight years and you want to get that off your chest, Crime Stoppers is the way to do that," Neill said.

nadia-kershjpg-cabd56c04d4c35b9.jpg

still missing: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/09/where_are_they_now_missing_peo.html#7

One thing I'm still confused about: reports say she was last seen leaving work on her lunch break, but then reports say she left to pick up her son from daycare but never arrived. Was 1pm the time she got off work? Or did she not come back from her lunch break? Probably not important, but it bugged me.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Very tragic case. Nadia was orphaned in Russia and now her young son has lost his mother. According to her adoptive parent's blog, he will now be legally adopted by a new family.

I bet Haywood killed her, despite his mother's protestations that he dindu nuffin.

kershnadia_(1)_1.jpg
kershnadia_(3)_1.jpg
kershnadia_(4)_1.jpg
kershnadia_(6)_1.jpg

Nadia Kersh, 23, Missing since 3 November 2008

---------------------------------
kershnadia_(8)_1.jpg

Joacquas Timothy Haywood

Police announced the arrest of 27-year-old Joacquas Timothy Haywood on May 4, 2010. He's charged with the murder of Nadia Kersh, who was 23 when last seen. Police say Haywood knew Kersh. Haywood has been charged with capital murder because authorities believe Kersh's death occurred during a burglary. Neither police nor Jefferson County District Attorney Brandon Falls would provide details, but they are confident the woman was murdered.

LINK:

Nadia Kersh Missing

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member