Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading backwards, ( because of course I had to work today ).... meanwhile- thank the lord I no longer have to look at Brady's face @MassGuy , the Bills are in the playoffs!, and I have yet to see an all out search for Paighton! So frustrating....worse than growing old waiting for the Bills to actually win a Superbowl

Someone said earlier that there were a lot of older looking folks there .. I don’t the type of bar or which locals hang out there. I can tell you if it’s a local and mostly townies go there, there for sure would be people who saw 2 big African Americans talking to a younger white lady. I think we’ve seen this type of scapegoat quite a few times in recent years. I’m starting to think her “friends” have something to do with this.
I wondered the same. I have searched for any mention in MSM or family posts that the friend or 'co worker' is actually female. If it was a male it changes a lot of things for me. Susan Smith and her "young black male kidnapper" came to mind.

Reading backwards, ( because of course I had to work today ).... meanwhile- thank the lord I no longer have to look at Brady's face @MassGuy , the Bills are in the playoffs!, and I have yet to see an all out search for Paighton! So frustrating....worse than growing old waiting for the Bills to actually win a Superbowl
As for the search, I think it makes sense that there isn’t one. We don’t know the actual circumstances of her disappearance, or where she went after leaving that bar (if she was even there).

She could literally be anywhere.

This isn’t someone lost in the woods, or a missing child who has disappeared on foot. Atleast you have a starting point in those situations, and a reasonable expectation of finding something.

I mean, where would you begin?

ETA: Don’t worry, you’ll be seeing Tom’s face again soon.

Yes, I am wondering if anyone can verify Paighton was at the bar. Does CCTV put her there? That would be the most reliable evidence, but we don't know that (LE might).

Otherwise, I'm tempted to work backwards and start where she was last verified to be. It sounds like she definitely was at work that day? So then I'm wondering, where did she go right after work? Who did she talk to? Obviously we don't know these answers right now but hopefully LE does.

I would like to know where her phone pinged all Friday.
How many coworkers were at the bar Friday night?
What time did they actually get to the bar?
Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.

Just a few of my questions.

There appears to be some conjecture out there that LE has a lot of information and is just playing a game of stratego trying to shake out information from various sources who have not come forward yet, but I am starting to think they are coming clean when they say they just have no leads. The longer PH is missing, the less likely this is going to have a positive outcome, and if there is more info out there than just the time of leaving and the time of the text, it's possible the time for game-playing has passed. Just my 2d...
Thinking out loud here.

My understanding of the facts of the case (please correct me if I am wrong):
Friday, Dec. 20th:
Morning: Paighton Houston leaves her parents’ home for work;

Time Unknown: PH is at the Tin Roof with friends from work. PH rode there with one of them.

Saturday, Dec. 21st:
12:14 AM: PH sends a text to the friend that she rode with to the Tin Roof, stating, “IDK who I am with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

[Sometime over the next 24 hours (“Evan Houston said, ‘We made the missing person report before the 24-hour-period ....’”)]

The same friend contacts PH’s family and tells them PH left the bar with two heavy set black men and appeared to do so willingly. The friend also shares the text message she says she received from PH that “if I call answer, I don’t know these people and I feel in trouble.”

“After hearing from the friend, Houston’s brother and father went straight to police and filed the [missing person] report.”

However:
“Sergeant Johnny Williams with the Birmingham Police Department said investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with.”

That does not prove that the “two heavy set black men” never existed. Personally, I find it odd that there have been no reports that the friend tried to call or text Paighton back, but maybe she did. It’s also rather unusual, IMO, that the friend apparently left the venue without PH especially since they rode there together, but perhaps there is an innocent explanation for that also.

Based solely on what has been reported, if I were a detective, I think I would want to look at the friend’s phone records, particularly, location-tracking information.

If she has given LE access to her phone, great, but if not, I’m not sure what they can do without a warrant. I also wonder if the friend is cooperating because if she has decided not to talk to them, I don’t think there is much that they can do unless there is evidence of crime.

I am also curious as to what the other coworkers have told the investigators about what they saw that evening.

Sources:
Trussville family makes plea for missing daughter’s return

Missing woman last seen leaving bar with 2 men, texted friends she was in trouble: Brother

B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

Prayer vigil for missing Trussville woman Paighton Houston

Last edited:
As for the search, I think it makes sense that there isn’t one. We don’t know the actual circumstances of her disappearance, or where she went after leaving that bar (if she was even there).

This isn’t someone lost in the woods, or a missing child who has disappeared on foot. Atleast you have a starting point in those situations, and a reasonable expectation of finding something.

I love him-really! as he takes superb care of himself and still goes B*lls to the Wall every game. Mad respect. I just want some other team to step it up...

Paighton seems to be on the family's phone plan, so not difficult to get records. As she texts her Mom on her breaks, I imagine it may not be too hard to get into things (or they have open access) that could help find her. Which therefore should help LE. Trace her backwards. Like my son says "where did you last have it"...ykwim?

ETA: Depending on what type of car she drives- they maybe able to pull location of where that has been as well

Last edited:
MSM should be asking LEO where the phone last pinged, they should be asking abt this "friend" or co-worker, they need to interview THAT person as THEY were the WITNESS and one of the last people to see Paighton.
The phone would have sent a ping also when it was turning off. SO, they should have that information and they can work in a 3 mile radius of that area to start with. See if anyone saw anything, if there are cameras in the area, etc.

MSM can ask all they want. BPD is not obligated to answer , and they should not answer anything until they are ready.

Hi Everyone,

At Websleuths we are very careful about who we allow as sources on Websleuths.

There are a large number of missing person's websites and organizations out there. Unless we have specifically stated a certain organization is allowed, like KlaasKids.org, Tim Miller's organization, The Charley Project, NAMUS, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, The Doe Network, you must assume all the others are not approved.

While it is rarely (if ever) I name a site that is not allowed (and I am not going to name the site but only use initials) I feel I am left with no choice because this site keeps getting posted no matter how many warnings we have given in the past.

M.P.N. IS NOT AN APPROVED SOURCE. This is based on past Websleuths experience with this group and misinformation being released.

It's up to you if you want to believe certain sources but please remember you cannot bring their information to Websleuths to be discussed.

In Paighton's case, Facebook groups are really going nuts with wild rumors based on ZERO facts. Again, I am begging you, stop bringing Facebook rumors to Websleuths and stop using unapproved sources as fact.

It is because of the out of control nature of Facebook groups and the misinformation presented as facts from other sources that Law Enforcement lumps Websleuths in with these groups. We are nothing like these groups but when posters insist on posting unverified info as fact of course Law Enforcement is going to lump us in with them. The more we can distance ourselves from the craziness of the rumors the more likely Websleuths will become a go-to source for everyone, including Law Enforcement.

Please keep on topic and do not discuss this post here on Paighton's thread.

Please ask a mod or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com if you have questions.

Thank you,
Tricia

The holiday period between Christmas week and New Year's Day has got to be among the worst times to disappear, IMO. You've got forensics that need to be examined, witnesses to be consulted, timelines that need corroborating and, in short, you need available people and the resources they offer. Not saying that some of this can't be done over the busy holiday period, but I imagine there is a shortage of manpower during that time frame. It would seem that A depends on B which might depend on C to achieve the answer. All of the factors may not be available in a busy holiday/vacation period.

I would not be shocked to see developments begin to pick up considerably starting next week. The public would like to believe that it's all up to the police, but the police depend on so many others to build a case. Although Paighton's case would appear to be a top priority I would think there are other victims' families who feel likewise and who are, perhaps, ahead of Paighton's case chronologically. Still, there are other, seemingly less complicated scenarios that the BPD aren't sharing with the public which now seems to be the main point of frustration, at least for many of us who are closely following the case. Perhaps PH's family knows more details and are being asked to not divulge them.

The holiday period between Christmas week and New Year's Day has got to be among the worst times to disappear, IMO. You've got forensics that need to be examined, witnesses to be consulted, timelines that need corroborating and, in short, you need available people and the resources they offer. Not saying that some of this can't be done over the busy holiday period, but I imagine there is a shortage of manpower during that time frame. It would seem that A depends on B which might depend on C to achieve the answer. All of the factors may not be available in a busy holiday/vacation period.

I would not be shocked to see developments begin to pick up considerably starting next week. The public would like to believe that it's all up to the police, but the police depend on so many others to build a case. Although Paighton's case would appear to be a top priority I would think there are other victims' families who feel likewise and who are, perhaps, ahead of Paighton's case chronologically. Still, there are other, seemingly less complicated scenarios that the BPD aren't sharing with the public which now seems to be the main point of frustration, at least for many of us who are closely following the case. Perhaps PH's family knows more details and are being asked to not divulge them.
Yeah, that would make sense. Having law enforcement officers is one thing, but when you’re relying on other people and organizations, you might run into issues.

You also need courts and judges to approve warrants, cell phone companies to comply with them, and God knows what else.

I could definitely see the holidays factoring in.

Exactly -- we really do not know the actual circumstances of PH's disappearance. :eek:

Although investigators finally stated PH believed to be in danger, I'm thinking there's still no evidence of a crime or foul play to classify this case as anything more than an adult missing under their own power.

As much as I don't want to read of a change in status, I think that's what it's going to take to add additional resources -- including an organized search if deemed necessary to recover PH.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members