Found Deceased AL - Tiffany Osborne, 30, Midfield, Jefferson County, 17 Feb 2020 *ARREST*

Mom of missing Midfield woman scared her daughter may be in danger

Osbornes mom said she would never just walk away from her three young children and that something is not right.
Cathy Smitherman is terrified that her daughter may be in harms way.
Smitherman said her daughter has battled with drug addiction for years which is why she has custody of Osbornes three children. One is just three months old.

“She had been going to the Methadone Clinic for about a year now I think but she was doing really good and she was back to herself. She had put on weight she looked like herself, she was healthy looking,” said Smitherman.

Smitherman said although they’ve had some tough times her daughter would never purposely disappear from her children.

I’ve always known where she’s at, she’s always called me, and she’s always checked on her kids and now that she has the baby. I mean she’s been a part of his life just about every day,” said Smitherman.

al.com link for above.
I'm not sure if this is an approved source. I'll report and see what the mods think.

I'm from Birmingham...grew up in Midfield coincidentally. Al.com is the website for the Birmingham News. Newspaper that has been around forever. If that helps.
Thanks. Welcome to WS and Roll Tide!

You're welcome! Roll tide!

While it wouldn't surprise me if the boyfriend is making this up, the area she was reported to be last seen is sketchy. My grandparents still have a home in Midfield about 10 mins away, they have passed on, are buried in Midfield. I get nervous visiting their graves. My brother still lives in that house, the area is nothing like it was growing up.

According to her boyfriend, Tiffany left their home on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:00 p.m., to walk to a nearby convenience store for cigarettes. The store, only a block away, had already closed by that time (according to the boyfriend). Nobody who had worked there that night ever saw Tiffany.

Meanwhile, the boyfriend and their 3-month-old son fell asleep back at the house. Boyfriend awakens later, and . . . Tiffany is not back from the store! Naturally, she left home without her cell phone, by the way. (I mean, don't we all leave our phones behind, lest they get lost?)

As others have noted, her own mother says it best with this comment: “'What I don’t understand is why she would walk to the store so late at night, especially when they have more than one vehicle sitting in the yard,' Cathy said."

She disappeared on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:00 p.m. enroute on foot to a nearby convenience store. The boyfriend reported her missing on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020. Let me recap: She disappeared on Monday; boyfriend reports her missing on Wednesday -- 2 days later.

Family continues to search for mother of three Tiffany Smitherman Osborne said to have vanished after leaving her house in Midfield, Alabama

According to her boyfriend, Tiffany left their home on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:00 p.m., to walk to a nearby convenience store for cigarettes. The store, only a block away, had already closed by that time (according to the boyfriend). Nobody who had worked there that night ever saw Tiffany.

Meanwhile, the boyfriend and their 3-month-old son fell asleep back at the house. Boyfriend awakens later, and . . . Tiffany is not back from the store! Naturally, she left home without her cell phone, by the way. (I mean, don't we all leave our phones behind, lest they get lost?)

As others have noted, her own mother says it best with this comment: “'What I don’t understand is why she would walk to the store so late at night, especially when they have more than one vehicle sitting in the yard,' Cathy said."

She disappeared on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020 at 11:00 p.m. enroute on foot to a nearby convenience store. The boyfriend reported her missing on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020. Let me recap: She disappeared on Monday; boyfriend reports her missing on Wednesday -- 2 days later.

Family continues to search for mother of three Tiffany Smitherman Osborne said to have vanished after leaving her house in Midfield, Alabama
:rolleyes: He waited two days to report her missing. Okaay.

I'm in Alabama and this is the first I've seen/heard about this missing woman. I sure hope this doesn't turn out like many others that have started with "she left and just didn't come back." :rolleyes::(
She allegedly left on foot, without her cell phone, to go to a store that was already closed for cigarettes.... Riiiiight.
I sometimes shop late at night. But when I do, I go to the Safeway that is open until 3 AM. If I am not sure of the hours of a particular establishment, I google it. My hinky meter is in the red zone. We'll see what happens.

She allegedly left on foot, without her cell phone, to go to a store that was already closed for cigarettes.... Riiiiight.
I sometimes shop late at night. But when I do, I go to the Safeway that is open until 3 AM. If I am not sure of the hours of a particular establishment, I google it. My hinky meter is in the red zone. We'll see what happens.

And the boyfriend knew it was closed when she set off for the store, but let her do it! (Better scenario than what most of us believe.) Let's get some video footage from home surveillance in the neighborhood before it's too late.

Tiffany left home at about 11pm to go to the store for cigarettes.
She left her cell phone at home according to NBC news.
She walked even though there were two good cars in the driveway.
The store closes at 9pm (Google).
My theory - got to be drug related - her history.
edited for spelling error.

I would agree it could be drug related except for the fact she left her phone at home... when making a connection to pick up you definitely take your phone to make the meet up smoother unless it’s some sort of huge sale and don’t want to be tracked which I’m highly doubting.
you’d think though that if her bf had anything to do with it he would have removed some items from the home (including cell) to make it seem more plausible that she left on her own accord... moo

Oh geez, another woman reported missing who left on foot without a cellphone and wallet.

If she was going to buy cigarettes how would she pay for them without her wallet? In several states I've lived it's state law, mandatory that you must show your id to buy cigarettes and a lighter. It doesn't matter if you're a senior citizen. My Ma is 65 and has to show id, it gets scanned.

Additionally, the store was already closed. Now, I know Ms. Tiffany is a recovering addict, her mother said she's been a patient at the methadone clinic for about a year. I hope this doesn't end up like Paighton Houston.

However, I'm very suspicious of the boyfriend's story. Lastly, he reported that him and the baby just happened to fall asleep within minutes of her leaving??

Missing in America - Breaking News & Top Stories

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311-035206_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200311-035206_Chrome.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 32

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads