All sorts of people suing casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link? In the lawyer thread it is said that the State of Fla cannot go after her for the cost of prosecuting her. It was their burden of proof to prove that Casey was responsible for Caylee's death. It's not Casey's fault that they didn't have the evidence to win. They cannot sue her for any money spent on the prosecution.

In your list, the only one that IMO will get any money from Casey is the IRS.

Ah, but they did get the guilt verdict four times on the lying, which was prosecuted at the same time. Why can't they go after the trial expense based on these verdicts? It was all combined because the same evidence had to be shown. I think they can.

I heard Jeff say on Insession that she WILL incur some costs of prosecution because she WAS convicted of crimes in connection with this case, hense the lying charges. We can always hope and pray LOL

I'm not so sure that she'll (ICA) actually have to repay prosecutorial costs but I do think she could be charged with the costs incurred for LE's expenses related to the search for Caylee, including any investigative costs related to her false claims. i.e., zanny the nanny, Jess Grund (family), out of state tips, etc. I think (hope) Tim Miller can recover the searching costs he incurred also.

@TerryMoran Terry Moran
Any rumor that ABC compensated the juror I am intreviewing tonight on @Nightline Primetime is utterly FALSE.

This is why I don't think she will get rich. MSM knows better than to pay her. ABC is especially so because of the flack they took the first time around. And what money she gets will go towards liens and lawsuit settlements hopefully.

How does she owe the IRS $70,000? What would your gross income have to be to pay that amount of tax?

I believe she made money off of pictures of Caylee, etc. and gave the money to her defense team before she was declared indigent. She probably never paid taxes on that and is on the hook for the penalties, which can overcome the income easily. She could also be prosecuted for failure to file if she had not completed returns.

Personally, I think JB will be first in line. He's got his pen/paper/calculator out to determine how much more she owes him. After all, he did save her life! She'll prolly have to pay for that celebratory lunch too.

He'll "pimp" her out to the highest bidder, take a huge chunk of change, and give her an allowance. He'll do this until he can't squeeze out any more money and will move on.

Casey will end up broke, doing *advertiser censored* movies, and end up on Dr. Drew.

Of course his is my opinion only.

MOO

Mel

Judge Perry could order her to pay restitution tomorrow for the moneys expended looking for a "missing child" since Mr. Baez said in open court "the baby drowned on June 16th". Pass it along don't know how to do a bump. I do NOT want my tax money used for this fake search.

I think anyone that was named in her case that had nothing to do with any of it should also sue her.

Go Zenaida! Go Tim Miller! I wish GA would sue her butt!

she has nothin to lose
she'll file for bankruptcy before she start taking some cash..
lawyers have already figure this out - my suggestion is the money lawsuit against her should wait and just give her a big surprise at the end :)

Civil lawsuits can drop in a bankruptcy but not criminal. So if these charges were for criminal activities, I don't think they discharge. IRS debts do not discharge in a bankruptcy. She will be on the hook for a while. If she does declare bankruptcy and gets some debt set aside then she has to wait 8 more years before she can file again, so more people can come after her and there is nothing she can do about it. Besides which, if she has a sizable income coming in or contracts lined up, it is highly unlikely she would be able to declare bankrutpcy, unless the trustee took over the contracts for the bankruptcy estate and then some of the debts would get paid.

There seems to be a split of opinion. Richard Hornsby said on WESH that he thought she could be required to pay ALL the prosecution and defense costs even although she was only convicted of the lying to LEO offenses based upon a literal translation of the statute. Others have disagreed.

Even RH said that this could be the biggest issue on appeal.

In my view, it is unfair to require her to pay the costs of prosecuting her for a murder that she has been acquitted off based upon her conviction for some misdemeanour lying to police officer charges.

BBM

Well, I find it unfair that she was acquitted.

I guess we're all learning that life isn't fair.

If it is permitted under law, I hope they claim every penny she will make from this.

Well, I find it unfair that she was acquitted.

I guess we're all learning that life isn't fair.

If it is permitted under law, I hope they claim every penny she will make from this.

Here, here. And unfortunately Caylee learned that lesson too early. Casey is only concerned about the $$$ so I think everyone should hit her where it hurts her the most. Obviously that was not her daughter or her family.

There seems to be a split of opinion. Richard Hornsby said on WESH that he thought she could be required to pay ALL the prosecution and defense costs even although she was only convicted of the lying to LEO offenses based upon a literal translation of the statute. Others have disagreed.

Even RH said that this could be the biggest issue on appeal.

In my view, it is unfair to require her to pay the costs of prosecuting her for a murder that she has been acquitted off based upon her conviction for some misdemeanour lying to police officer charges.

(Not being snarky) I am not an attorney, so I have no idea how it will turn out, but in my view it is unfair for the taxpayers of Florida to have to pay for the investigation into a missing child who was never missing in the first place. This could result in a nice chunk of change. Like the Runaway Bride case. ETA: I don't see her having to pay for the prosecution for the murder charges, but the lying to police charges and the hunt for Caylee are a whole different story.

I wish everyone could sue her and make her life a livin hell.

Judge Perry could order her to pay restitution tomorrow for the moneys expended looking for a "missing child" since Mr. Baez said in open court "the baby drowned on June 16th". Pass it along don't know how to do a bump. I do NOT want my tax money used for this fake search.

She should be sentenced to the maximum time allowable under the law because the consequences of her lies destroyed so many lives, caused people to lose their jobs and cost millions of dollars.

I hope Judge Perry holds her accountable by making her serve another two years in jail and requiring her to pay restitution to the 'victims' of her lies (and we could make a long list) in the amount of at least $3 million (after tax - pre-tax that would be $4 to 5 million). Thus, she wouldn't make much, if any, money off of her daughter's death.

Not that I think she deserves to walk AT ALL but I think it would be prudent for her to cool her heels for the full term she does have to serve. If she walks out tomorrow, there could very well be a riot where she and participants could end up hurt or dead. Emotions are WAY too ramped up right now for anyone.

How does she owe the IRS $70,000? What would your gross income have to be to pay that amount of tax?
200K apparently. She only pretended to have a real job and didn't have any real expenses like rent or daycare to use as deductions.

I have been thinking that all these folks that want deals with Casey, will need to go through Baez. I bet that he will take a huge chunk of any money she gets to pay himself. If rumors are true he has money problems. What can she say? I am sure she is ever so grateful to JB. LOL

BBM. Yes, and we all know how she repays those who have looked after her all her life. Jose should probably watch his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500