All things Prince William & Kate Middleton

LOL Everyone including my Doc said oh you will have little five pounders. First was 7 lbs. 3.5 oz. Second was 7 lbs. 8 oz. Plenty big for me.

They always seem to be wrong. When my daughter was having her first baby the doctor did an ultrasound right before she was induced and said it would be around 5 lbs. I told him that baby is 8 lbs if it's an ounce. Turned out to be over 9 lbs.

I remember being a young wife when Charles and Diana were married and I had been trying to get pregnant for a while. I was so sad that she got pregnant before me and had the baby before I got pregnant. A few months later my son came to us via adoption and I watched little Wills grow up along with my son. Harry came around the time I had my second son. I am hoping this is a good sign because my second son, the one I tried for 4 years to conceive, and his wife have been trying to get pregnant for around 4 years as well and are also in the process of adoption. I am hoping the same thing happens for her, that her child comes soon so she can watch her child grow up along with the royal baby.
It's hard to believe that Diana is a grandma now. I was so hoping for a girl for Diana but I am sure she is happy no matter what it is.

My husband cracks up every time he hears the term "Royal Baby." I'm sure just about everyone in the Navy does. To them, the Royal Baby is, and has been since time immemorial, the least babylike guy on the ship who is dressed up in a baby or toddler costume as part of the ceremony for crossing the equator.
This is the least offensive Royal Baby picture I could find.
royalbaby1_zps1683352c.jpg

If I understand it right, it's not really a last name. It's like"William OF Windsor" (as in castle Windsor). It's like how all of the English names got started "John the smithy" became "John Smith", John the shoe maker became John Schumacher". :lol: This post is strictly in fun, and not based anywhere in reality. :floorlaugh:

From what I understand that is actually true. Cooper's were barrel makers, and other names mean something in most cases, but not every case.

Wonder what time the hospital does their discharges? I might have to stay up late!

I think they can leave any damn time they want.

Ok it was Princess Diana or Lady Diana. So why isn't she Princess Kate or Lady Kate?

NBC Los Angeles reported that the Beckham's could be the Godparent's. I vote for Prince Harry! JMO

Ok it was Princess Diana or Lady Diana. So why isn't she Princess Kate or Lady Kate?

If she was "Princess" she would be "Princess of Wales."
That was Diana. They didn't want another "Princess of Wales."

If Charles takes the throne she will then be "Princess William."
The Queen would have to buck tradition to call her "Princess Catherine."

I only know this because I home school. So I had to look it up when they got married. :facepalm:

Well, I slept right through the announcement... congrats to Will and Kate... a baby, regardless of bloodline and life positioning, is such a wonderful blessing. I hope they are getting lots of private time to bond with the new wee prince... and I hope Diana's hands-on-parenting rubbed off on Will, and him and Kate will honor this child in the same manner.

They have already said they don't plan to have nannies... and they plan to take a Diana approach. :woohoo:
It is 9am there... so the 41 gun salute is 5 hours away from right now. (For those waiting for that.)
Still live at the hospital doors but no indication of when they might actually leave.

I think i remember, with a regular birth, don't they require you to stay for twenty-four hours after birth? I live in the u.s so it might be different there.

I think i remember, with a regular birth, don't they require you to stay for twenty-four hours after birth? I live in the u.s so it might be different there.

Usually 24 hours but that's in an nhs hospital where you have to wait 4 hours to see the doctor. I had my son on a Saturday at 7am and was home for 5pm Sunday but i was rushed back in at 10pm the same night for massive blood clots, had my daughter 12am Saturday and was home Monday afternoon I was very sick after her though.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Next week I am taking my d-I-l and my three granddaughters (the twin boys will be in camp), to the Lincoln Tea Room, in celebration of the birth of the new royal! We'll have tea sandwiches (my favorite) with tea and lavender scones with lemon curd or clotted cream. Can't wait for this special occasion! Long live the Prince....:goldcrown:

Yesterday I cried when I heard the announcement of the child's birth. I don't know why I cried since I don't much care for "royalty". I think my tears came from knowing that something had changed in this world, with this birth, but I don't know what. I just have a feeling.

I hope now, that there is a line of succession three deep, that old woman will step down and hand the reins to someone else.

My opinion only

Hello, Royal Baby Watchers :)

Yesterday we waited for the announcement of the birth of Kate and William's baby. Today we await the threesome's departure from the hospital. Kate's parents arrived to visit the newborn ahead of members of the royal family. I also read that the royal hair stylist and her assistant have arrived to prepare the new mother for her first appearance after giving birth. Hopefully, Kate, William, and His Royal Highness (yet to be named), the Prince of Cambridge will appear on the hospital steps early this evening, London time.

Diana was titled Princess because she was married to a man whose title was Prince of Wales(next in line to the throne.) She is called Lady because she was an aristocrat in her own right. Kate is married to a man whose title is the Duke of Cambridge, so she is a Duchess.

William is called "Prince William" even though he's a Duke because he's the Queen's grandson. The new baby is a Prince, too, because he's the Queen's great-grandson.

That live feed I linked above still works. :seeya:
(The link, I make no promises on the feed itself.)

Diana was titled Princess because she was married to a man whose title was Prince of Wales(next in line to the throne.) She is called Lady because she was an aristocrat in her own right. Kate is married to a man whose title is the Duke of Cambridge, so she is a Duchess.

William is called "Prince William" even though he's a Duke because he's the Queen's grandson. The new baby is a Prince, too, because he's the Queen's great-grandson.

I think they keep referring to her as Kate Middleton in the news and I was wondering why?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler
Back