Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was mucking around with the kids who were in the pool and I was on our balcony upstairs. They wanted me to lower their afternoon tea in a basket to them. I had to lean right over and my chest was squashed and as I reached out to swing the basket closer to them, my right armpit was slightly abraded on the balcony rail (I am right handed).

I can easily visualise gbc heaving poor Allison over the rail of the bridge, her tooth being chipped in the process, his chest being bruised from her weight "pulling" him forcefully against the bridge railing and then as he is dangling her over the edge, her jumper slips up her body to over her head and he leans to the right because he is right handed (do not know if this is the case...) and the last swing on her body (trying to heave ho her out as far as possible) before he lets go, causes a "hickey" type sub dermal bleeding rash at the junction of his arm and armpit. Just a theory moo.

MS I had this exact thought this morning! It would also explain why Allison's hands were tangled up in the jumper, if she had been thrown down head first in the way you described.

Have been thinking overnight about Olivia's positioning throughout the committal hearing, whether she had been perhaps appointed as the family representative by her parents or whether she took her supportive bystander role voluntarily. I wondered how she has been reconciling her doubts about G's innocence (surely she must have them - she is not stupid) with her own religious beliefs and family allegiance.

And I started to think - and this is just a theory - that OW has been wanting GBC to do the right thing and fess up. Her sitting and facing him in court at times might have been less a case of "I'm here for you" than "It's time to do the right thing, Gerard" and perhaps Nigelaine hoped she might succeed on this front. Of course she has to take a different line with the media, but I also wonder whether "I still believe my brother is innocent..." is the precursor to the unuttered "... until he tells us all otherwise".

Apparently OW's parish prayers in the lead-up to the hearing all began with "We pray for the truth to come out", not "We pray for my brother to be released from prison". Again last night she told Channel Nine, "One day the truth will come out". I think OW believes she knows what the truth is and hoped G would finally crack under the weight of so much evidence, demonstrating to him with her words and gestures that she would love and support him regardless.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during her final talk with detectives (in Townsville) just prior to his arrest.

MOO.

TM stated that QPS told her about the other 2 women. The detectives cross-examined at the Committal said they did not. Who is lying? If we assume that QPS did not tell her (which I doubt), then who did? If a detective DID tell her, then why are they not admitting to it?

Toni stated that the QPS asked her if she was aware of other women in Gerards stable.. a reasonable question.. it couldnt be assumed by the QPS that Toni was all there was... they didnt name them. She named one, the QPS then named the other..or one other at that time..they had his pc and phone. Davis said the QPS told her, but that was a bit of a poetic licence. Toni didnt say that on the stand, and it isnt in any of her 4 statements that she was told off the bat the names.. she was asked if there were any others...

the point is.. why is Gerard instructing his barrister to chase this down? what is its relevance to Gerard? Every question Davis asked of witnesses goes to the heart of what Gerard thinks is relevant, so its curiousity value is in the time and amount of witnesses expended on it.

Forgive me if you've already gone over this, but did anyone else think OWs comments outside the magistrates court a bit odd? "one day the truth will be revealed" etc. I was almost expecting to hear the theme song from The X Files! Seemed to imply she knows what happened (alien abduction? mafia hit?) but wasn't the explanation that was put forth in court. Do tell OW!

I believe OW has nothing more to hold on to. If the injuries on GBC haven't created at least doubt in her mind, then she is just plain blind. "The truth will be revealed" implies that someone knows "the truth", so what is it? Yes, OW, do tell us what the truth is!

Have been thinking overnight about Olivia's positioning throughout the committal hearing, whether she had been perhaps appointed as the family representative by her parents or whether she took her supportive bystander role voluntarily. I wondered how she has been reconciling her doubts about G's innocence (surely she must have them - she is not stupid) with her own religious beliefs and family allegiance.

And I started to think - and this is just a theory - that OW has been wanting GBC to do the right thing and fess up. Her sitting and facing him in court at times might have been less a case of "I'm here for you" than "It's time to do the right thing, Gerard" and perhaps Nigelaine hoped she might succeed on this front. Of course she has to take a different line with the media, but I also wonder whether "I still believe my brother is innocent..." is the precursor to the unuttered "... until he tells us all otherwise".

Apparently OW's parish prayers in the lead-up to the hearing all began with "We pray for the truth to come out", not "We pray for my brother to be released from prison". Again last night she told Channel Nine, "One day the truth will come out". I think OW believes she knows what the truth is and hoped G would finally crack under the weight of so much evidence, demonstrating to him with her words and gestures that she would love and support him regardless.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during her final talk with detectives (in Townsville) just prior to his arrest.

MOO.

These are very good points radster. I do hope you are right. It would explain some of her weird behaviour that's for sure.

Forgive me if you've already gone over this, but did anyone else think OWs comments outside the magistrates court a bit odd? "one day the truth will be revealed" etc. I was almost expecting to hear the theme song from The X Files! Seemed to imply she knows what happened (alien abduction? mafia hit?) but wasn't the explanation that was put forth in court. Do tell OW!
Her comments also seem really odd to me. Her statement that "one day the truth will be revealed" has really got me thinking. It almost sounds like "I will one day reveal the truth." Surely she wouldn't know anything that could set her brother free? Back at her folks house yesterday, she also said that "my family did everything they could in the search for Allison", but I don't believe this to be true. When Allison was missing, they spent most of the time running from the media and as far as I'm aware, they were NOT involved in the search. As for GBC's facial scratches, they are very telling to me. I have a similar marks on my arm when one of my kids (who was about 2 years of age at the time - about 11 years ago), dug her nails into my inside forearm. I still have the scars to prove it. P.S. That's where my username came from (S-nails) as I always thought those facial injuries would be a deciding factor in this case.

Yes. It makes me think she knows what happened. MOO

MOO.

My problem with this scenario is that OW also said at the end of that interview that he would be acquitted, which implies that she believes he is innocent and did not kill Allison.

I don't think they are totally innocent of any involvement. It was said that NBC's PCs hard-drive had been wiped before it was confiscated, hence there must have been something there that may have been incriminating. It is very possible that they had not seen GBC without his shirt and were not aware of the other injuries. I find it extremely strange that Nigelaine did not show up in Court. If my child had done something wrong, I would still be in Court.

Hi CC - where did you see it was wiped? (Usually forensic reports would identify that data had been deliberately erased, either via presence of certain tools on the machine or no data on the drives.... it's usually taken as a significant red flag that deliberate spoilage or coverup has happened) I don't remember seeing this in the computer forensics report tendered at the bail application - although what was provided is ra.ther high level info, especially for NBC.

MOO.

Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton also addressed the media, saying she would stand by him.
"I still believe that my brother Gerard is an innocent man," she said.
"I will continue to support him throughout this process.
"One day the truth will be revealed.
"Gerard is an innocent man."

I believe it is deeply significant her statements are all first-person. She is not speaking for the rest of the family, only herself. If the BC parents were absent from court purely because they were potential witnesses she would have included them in these statements of support IMO. Their silence is deafening.

Why was NBC making off with the vacuum cleaner on the morning Allison was reported missing - surely he had one at home? He was priobably going to get rid of any evidence in it MOO

Perhaps he put the vacuum in the BC manor shed?

N was there, G said "Hey Dad, I'm going to be held up here. I was meant to be cleaning this house going in the market today. Could you do it for me? Here, take my vacuum and hose."!

Or was it NBC's vacuum & hose he was taking it back home after a clean up?

Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton also addressed the media, saying she would stand by him.
"I still believe that my brother Gerard is an innocent man," she said.
"I will continue to support him throughout this process.
"One day the truth will be revealed.
"Gerard is an innocent man."

I believe it is deeply significant her statements are all first-person. She is not speaking for the rest of the family, only herself. If the BC parents were absent from court purely because they were potential witnesses she would have included them in these statements of support IMO. Their silence is deafening.

She did include them ("we") in her interview later with Channel 9 in front of the parents home.

Hi CC - where did you see it was wiped? (Usually forensic reports would identify that data had been deliberately erased, either via presence of certain tools on the machine or no data on the drives.... it's usually taken as a significant red flag that deliberate spoilage or coverup has happened) I don't remember seeing this in the computer forensics report tendered at the bail application - although what was provided is ra.ther high level info, especially for NBC.

I can't recall where I read it ... maybe it was just a rumour? I'm going back to read the techy guy's forensic report and see if it is in there.

Comment from someone currently at Her Majesty's Pleasure. Yes, the men inside are following the case avidly. They asked me if I had seen Olivia on the news last night and that she was "a cold @#%*!". This is from someone who one may say is a student of human behaviour, spending decades watching and studying others. Their opinion of G is that he is "just a &%#$head". I think that they believe he is an awfully inept murderer and a fool, from their perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member