Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Courier-Mail understands a frantic Mr Baden-Clay rang and sent text messages to several people asking if they'd heard from his wife after she failed to return home on Thursday night. Eventually, he went to bed alone.
Respectfully snipped.

Here it says that
According to the affidavit filed by police and referred to in court on Friday, at 6.20am on April 20, 2012, Gerard Baden-Clay sent a text message to his wife Allison's mobile phone saying: "Good morning! Hope you slept well? Where are you? None of the girls are up yet! Love G''.

No reply was received from this text message, the court documents say.

To me it looks like GBC is pretending to be unaware, like his usual self doing things as usual. What would be the significance of hopeyousleptwell in his sms otherwise? They slept in different rooms for months and months prior to the tragedy, and I doubt GBC ever cared asking Allison how her night was (without him).

Respectfully snipped.

Here it says that

To me it looks like GBC is pretending to be unaware, like his usual self doing things as usual. What would be the significance of hopeyousleptwell in his sms otherwise? They slept in different rooms for months and months prior to the tragedy, and I doubt GBC ever cared asking Allison how her night was (without him).

Indeed! I believe that is the exact reason for the texts. Written "alibi" And proof he was blissfully unaware of Allison's whereabouts or anything untoward.
And in the past few days here, after much discussion, even the "none of the girls are up yet" part appears also to be a blatant lie. Because it is more than likely they weren't even AT home. So that too was a mere diversion within his written in "alibi". IMO. And written "evidence" that the girls were home, creating his alibi for innocent doings all night. Pfft to the love G fairytale ending.

Do we know who it was G called at 5.10 and 5.11 pm on the 19th and then again at 7.09am and 4.10pm on the 20th - could it have been TM - as according to her statement she was talking to him as he was delivering sausages to his mum
If so it rather puts paid to her saying that she rang him at the lunch break to see why Allison wasn't at the conference

Not TM, Maigret - those calls you mention were to his buddy, Kate R...

On the arvo of the 19th TM rang him 'about the sausages'. He couldn't ring her because Allison was checking his phone.

He didn't start ringing TM from his mobile until mid-afternoon on the 20th.

On the arvo of the 19th TM rang him 'about the sausages'. He couldn't ring her because Allison was checking his phone.

OMG! What sleuth!
He couldn't call TM because Allison was checking up on this.
But after the 20h April, it was safe to call TM. Without having to worry about Allison checking. And accusing him of continuing the relationship. Gulp OMG.

OMG! What sleuth!
But after the 20h April, it was safe to call TM. Without having to worry about Allison checking. And accusing him of continuing the relationship. Gulp OMG.

I'm overwhelmed with the information and not believing the web of deceit. Its beyond everything I believe in.
Do you think the police read WS or should they be told?? Surely they knew long before we did.

If no one else was involved in Allisons murder then OMG it looks like there SHOULD be a few BEFORE AND AFTER THE FACT.

It's like Allison was like a helpless fawn being circled by lions in for the kill.

WHAT VULTURES!
WHAT JEALOUSY!
THE DECEIPT!

I cry for that sweet girl.
It's not fair.
it can't get worse.

OMG! What sleuth!

Mountain Mist, that made my blood run cold too. Does it also explain why QPS allowed them to keep their phones, even though suspicions were immediate that things were very wrong. Enough rope & all that.

Mountain Mist please tell us more what you know?

Who IS Kate R and is she an innocent?

He couldn't ring her because Allison was checking his phone.

More proof that he knew full well that Allison was not coming back. He never would have dared ring TM if he thought that Allison would find out. I'm afraid that G really didn't want a divorce, probably for financial reasons. The 20th was far too early for him to have resigned himself to her permanent disappearance. If he had no knowledge of her fate, she really could have been anywhere and turned up. Much stranger things have happenned.

OMG! What sleuth!

GBC made no calls or txt to TM before the 20th, most likely because Allison would check and recognise her number on his phone bill.

Then from the 20th.
5 x text messages
10 x phone calls
All in the two days before his phone was confiscated.

Why didn't he care anymore ?... because he knew Allison would not be around to check!

More compelling circumstantial evidence.

IMO/MOO

I'd just like to wish all WS members, mods, admin & owners a happy, safe & peaceful Easter.

mini-happy-easter-peace-dove-and-eggs.jpg

GBC made no calls or txt to TM before the 20th, most likely because Allison would check and recognise her number on his phone bill.

Then from the 20th.
5 x text messages
10 x phone calls

Why didn't he care anymore ?... because he knew Allison would not be around to check!

IMO/MOO

BINGO!

Someone needs to tell the police this. Hopefully they already know but just incase.....

Then from the 20th.
5 x text messages
10 x phone calls

IMO/MOO

I agree that it looks suspicious in the extreme - BUT, it's not really evidence. He could just say that Allison's disappearance had made him very anxious and worried about being suspected, and hence he called the person whom he'd told was his "soulmate".... Yeah, right!

But it's only our assumption that the difference in call numbers to TM between the time BEFORE Allison disappeared and AFTER was because he thought Allison may find out initially, then he knew that she wouldn't. Sure sounds feasible - but not really proof. In fact, given his personality and the state of their marriage, it wouldn't surprise me if he really didn't care whether Allison found out about him calling TM or not...!

But something triggered that flurry of calls and messages, and that something would seem to be Allison's disappearance. But apart from it being a triggering factor, we don't actually know what was said.

And while I agree that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck... etc - it's only an impression and a feeling we get, not really proof.

Mountain Mist please tell us more what you know?

Who IS Kate R and is she an innocent?

K Ran*** was meeting with Allison for the conference. They were going together. GBC (whilst making sure he had done everything just right on the morning of 20th, dotting his i's and crossing t's) had called KR just to let her know Allison wouldn't be at the conference. The police asked what time did he call her. When they asked that question it would have well after 09.00am.
He said Uh 10 past ni.. ah 10 past seven.
Kate returned the call during the interview, and ended up speaking with the police.
I personally believe Allison trusted and got on with KR. They were excited about the conference.
I hope she is called on to give evidence. She appears genuine.
PS That 10 past 7 was in the midst of all the rest of the bull-dust he claims was going on. School lunches etc.
PPS I believe he meant to call her at 10 past nine, but that got blown to bits with the early arrival of the police. Pre arranged Script got mucked up.

Yes that's making sense. Good work MM!

I am a bit puzzled about a couple of things? GBC states that ABC went for her walk at 10pm. I am a married mum of the same age in Brisbane, and there is no way I would go out for a walk at that time. I run regularly (usually 5 days a week for an hour each time), but always at first light. At that time of year, the sun is probably just fully up and the light reasonable at about 6am, so that's when I routinely go. Its also quite cool and I am not exhausted from a full day at work. I always carry my mobile in one hand and a set of house keys in the other (no pockets, but I dont need them).
And I would never go after a hair appointment, just to get all hot and sweaty...and wasnt it rainy as well that evening?? Dont know about anyone else, but for me rain and a new hairdo do not mix!

If GBC tells us that ABC went for a walk at 10pm, he goes off to sleep and then he wakes at 6am and she is not in the house...is he not madly concerned where she is? She has been gone for 8 hours! If that scenario was played out in our house, there is no way my husband would be sending cheerful cute text messages after 6am asking me where I was. He would be now dreadfully alarmed that I had been gone since 10pm the night before, and not be TEXTING me, but RINGING me. FRANTICALLY! Not casually having a SSS, making kids lunches etc, getting them ready for school. He would be fearing the worst, calling me repeatedly and ringing 000. (But then there is no way he would think going out for a walk at 10pm at night alone is a sensible idea either!)

So then what about if GBC really means she must have gone for a walk early AM? Then he wouldn't have known what she was wearing. He might have if she had gone the night before, as he said he went to bed leaving her on the couch. And if he thinks she went for a walk at 6am, then its too early to raise an alarm at 6:30am?? But as above, it just doesn't make sense that she was heading out for a walk at that hour. Especially as she planned to be leaving for an inner city conference in the traffic from Brookfield.

I also don't believe the girls were home, it was more likely that they were staying at the grandparents in Kenmore along with their cousins. Most likely pre-arranged so ABC could get going early to the conference the next day. And that OW bought them home from EBC's house early at 6am where OW was staying as well. I think NBC was definitely involved with all the vehicle sightings at the roundabout/Kholo Ck bridge/early at the Brookfield house. Why on earth would he be at GBC at that hour...vacuuming rental/houses for sale properties? That just does not sit right with me. Having had many dealings as an owner of both our own properties and rental properties, that sort of stuff is usually contracted out to an external cleaning company if required.

I am just curious about all the court documents being posted online on WS? Yes I have read them and they are fascinating. Is this all legal? If I wanted to (which I dont), I could post them on any website now as they are downloadable. I would hate to see them on social media. There is a whole bunch of information in them, including the daughters full names, multiple phone numbers etc etc. Just quietly worrying...I am sure the mods/administrators could put my mind at ease?

I agree that it looks suspicious in the extreme - BUT, it's not really evidence. He could just say that Allison's disappearance had made him very anxious and worried about being suspected, and hence he called the person whom he'd told was his "soulmate".... Yeah, right!

But it's only our assumption that the difference in call numbers to TM between the time BEFORE Allison disappeared and AFTER was because he thought Allison may find out initially, then he knew that she wouldn't. Sure sounds feasible - but not really proof. In fact, given his personality and the state of their marriage, it wouldn't surprise me if he really didn't care whether Allison found out about him calling TM or not...!

But something triggered that flurry of calls and messages, and that something would seem to be Allison's disappearance. But apart from it being a triggering factor, we don't actually know what was said.

And while I agree that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck... etc - it's only an impression and a feeling we get, not really proof.

If he really didn't care why did he have an alias? Why did he call from pay phones? Why did he have a secret email? Why did he break up with tm when allison found out? Why didn't he just kept it going? Why keep it a secret if he didn't care. It seems he never called her from his phone before abc when missing but the next day it was open season. I don't see any other plausible explanation. He said the affair was over. He was desperately concerned about his wife and devastated so naturally he calls his ex mistress for sympathy? When they supposedly had a nasty break up the prior year?

Not. Buying. It.

Eta: sorry that has come across very antagonistic. I didn't mean for that! I just feel a sense of anger and disappointment that a husband can show his wife such disrespect regardless of the state of their marriage. And particularly as at the time she was missing and there were grave fears for her welfare. There's no excuse.

Here is an extract from TM#3 statement:

"Gerard and I would not text one another as he had advised me that Allison made him show her each message he received...."

Here is an extract from TM#3 statement:

"Gerard and I would not text one another as he had advised me that Allison made him show her each message he received...."

I really don't believe much of what she says

Yes that's making sense. Good work MM!

I am a bit puzzled about a couple of things? GBC states that ABC went for her walk at 10pm. I am a married mum of the same age in Brisbane, and there is no way I would go out for a walk at that time. I run regularly (usually 5 days a week for an hour each time), but always at first light. At that time of year, the sun is probably just fully up and the light reasonable at about 6am, so that's when I routinely go. Its also quite cool and I am not exhausted from a full day at work. I always carry my mobile in one hand and a set of house keys in the other (no pockets, but I dont need them).
And I would never go after a hair appointment, just to get all hot and sweaty...and wasnt it rainy as well that evening?? Dont know about anyone else, but for me rain and a new hairdo do not mix!

If GBC tells us that ABC went for a walk at 10pm, he goes off to sleep and then he wakes at 6am and she is not in the house...is he not madly concerned where she is? She has been gone for 8 hours! If that scenario was played out in our house, there is no way my husband would be sending cheerful cute text messages after 6am asking me where I was. He would be now dreadfully alarmed that I had been gone since 10pm the night before, and not be TEXTING me, but RINGING me. FRANTICALLY! Not casually having a SSS, making kids lunches etc, getting them ready for school. He would be fearing the worst, calling me repeatedly and ringing 000. (But then there is no way he would think going out for a walk at 10pm at night alone is a sensible idea either!)

So then what about if GBC really means she must have gone for a walk early AM? Then he wouldn't have known what she was wearing. He might have if she had gone the night before, as he said he went to bed leaving her on the couch. And if he thinks she went for a walk at 6am, then its too early to raise an alarm at 6:30am?? But as above, it just doesn't make sense that she was heading out for a walk at that hour. Especially as she planned to be leaving for an inner city conference in the traffic from Brookfield.

I also don't believe the girls were home, it was more likely that they were staying at the grandparents in Kenmore along with their cousins. Most likely pre-arranged so ABC could get going early to the conference the next day. And that OW bought them home from EBC's house early at 6am where OW was staying as well. I think NBC was definitely involved with all the vehicle sightings at the roundabout/Kholo Ck bridge/early at the Brookfield house. Why on earth would he be at GBC at that hour...vacuuming rental/houses for sale properties? That just does not sit right with me. Having had many dealings as an owner of both our own properties and rental properties, that sort of stuff is usually contracted out to an external cleaning company if required.

I am just curious about all the court documents being posted online on WS? Yes I have read them and they are fascinating. Is this all legal? If I wanted to (which I dont), I could post them on any website now as they are downloadable. I would hate to see them on social media. There is a whole bunch of information in them, including the daughters full names, multiple phone numbers etc etc. Just quietly worrying...I am sure the mods/administrators could put my mind at ease?

At this stage, I think it's quite safe to say, Allison didn't go for any walk at all. According to reports she was killed at the house. However, GBC "claims" she went for a walk...

June 23, 2012

That morning police claim he would give four different stories to friends and family about a walk Allison could have taken when she disappeared.

To some, officers say, he said Allison liked to take a walk early in the morning. To his sister, Olivia Walton, he allegedly described a particular route. He told a close friend of Allison's that she would walk at 10pm each night and he described to Allison's parents two different walking routes.

But when police asked, they said he told them he had no idea where she would have gone walking.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...d-in-court-claim/story-e6freoof-1226405967381

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann