Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is scary to think this insane story has happened like a dozen times in recent history and it makes you wonder if there are any other missing children in basements :(

I ran a search on NCMEC for missing people in Ohio, to see if I could potentially identify the person previously held. I only got two real possibilities: Erica Baker and Kimberly Riley.

There is another, Christina Adkins. She was 18 when she went missing in 1995. She disappeared from the same area that these three woman were. If Knight saw her in 2002 when she was kidnapped, Adkins would have been 25 years old.

Sure, that would provide her a house number but she clearly gave the street with no hesitation. She didn't turn and ask someone she blurted it out quickly and anxiously.... She knew that address. And I only bring it because it adds an interesting layer of how they were held hostage. At the very least Amanda knew the name and age of her captor and knew the address.... I'm just wondering if he was moving these woman around at any time that she caught a street sign? Or maybe allowed to roam free in the house where she saw mail? It just made me wonder what in the world was going on for the past ten years!

Maybe she saw some mail and memorized the address?

I am beyond happy! I live an hour from Cleveland and remember hearing the stories of the girls going missing. I never thought in a million years they would be found alive!!! Thank God for Miracles, and God Bless the Hero who risked his life getting Amanda Berry out of the house. I pray for the families as well. this is great news!!!!

Amanda clearly had access to TV since she knew people were looking for her and Gina.
It sounds like she was very aware of her surroundings. I am not surprised she knew the address. She's been there a long time.

The reason I didn't include Ashley Summers is because Michelle Knight said the woman had been there before her and would have had to have gone missing before she did.

I think the girl in the hospital bed is not the daughter of one of the kidnapped girls. I think it is Ariel Castro's granddaughter.

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080216/LOCAL03/802160327/1002/LOCAL

Her mother is in prison for trying to kill her, so Ariel could have been raising her. She'd be 6 now.

There is a photo of the girl on Anthony Castro's FB page and she looks just like hospital girl.

Kind of makes me think that perhaps they need to re-visit this case 20 y/o daughter pregnant, mental issues, depression, makes one wonder exactly who the father of the child is, if she is even the mother, did she suffer sexual abuse. The list goes on and on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/cleveland-abduction-charles-ramsey
"Juan Perez grew up two houses down from 2207 Seymour Avenue, the house where the women had been found. He told News Channel 5 he was struggling to come to terms with living so close and not having known sooner.

"I'm not the only one on the block that feels ashamed to know that we didn't notice anything. I mean, I feel like my head's low, I work at a school, I work with kids, my head's … I have a heavy heart right now," Perez said.

"Now it's like: red flag, red flag, red flag. Somebody should've said something and my sister actually a few years ago heard a scream and she called police."

They know exactly who the father of the daughter's child is. Father of the child has custody of the child. I imagine DNA tests were done back then, since it doesn't sound like the two (daughter and her boyfriend) were married.

"Figueroa suffered two broken noses, broken ribs, a knocked-out tooth, a blood clot on the brain and two dislocated shoulders, according to a 2005 filing in Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court. Her attorney requested that a judge “keep [Castro] from threatening to kill [Figueroa].’’"

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/ariel_castro_suspect_in_clevel.html

Even tho there was a restraining order, would kidnap the daughters.. OMG..what an animal!!

Randomly showing up to search a home is not going to happen here in the US because of our Constitution.
While most people with nothing to hide would welcome a search in the case of a missing child there are those who just don't want the "government" intrusion. So legally all LE can do is go door to door and question the residence but they can not just enter the home.

I totally realize this will never happen but originally posted saying what would deter sick, evil, people from doing these sort of crimes (holding victims captive). Searching peoples' homes randomly may deter these monsters but do we have to go that route? Let's hope not... I know that is in the constitution in the US and it is the same here in Canada. I was just pointing out, have some in our society become that untrustworthy no one can be trusted?! Obviously so, especially in a case such as this where neighbours, friends and family knew nothing abnormal was going on in that house or with these brothers. Sadly monsters like these don't stand out in a crowd to easily be identified. Hope that makes sense.

more interviews of people who know ariel (via FOX)...."he was a fun guy" "he was a great guy" "I liked hanging around him" etc etc.

HOW can evil like these men ever be "nice guys" or appear "normal". HOW HOW HOW. are people just so carefree that nobody judges another person? is there ANYONE out there who knew these men who felt something was off about them???? how can everyone see these men as just so nice and great and normal?

I must be the most judgmental ***** on this earth because I constantly come in contact with people and I do judge them. there is a guy who is a bagger at my local grocery store and he is sketchy as one could be. very creepy. I keep my eyes on him when im there! that is just one of many examples I could give where I find people I encounter as being "off" and not normal!

I am super jaded and untrusting. might be good in some situations, but maybe I need help :/

"Figueroa suffered two broken noses, broken ribs, a knocked-out tooth, a blood clot on the brain and two dislocated shoulders, according to a 2005 filing in Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court. Her attorney requested that a judge “keep [Castro] from threatening to kill [Figueroa].’’"

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/ariel_castro_suspect_in_clevel.html

This was 2005....Gina went missing 2002 (welldepends on which report is right) so was this wife living there? and after the order he would kidnap the daughters... so were they staying there.

Couldn't imagine finding out I grew up in a house where girls were held captive and I didn't even know. I guess with someone so controlling he would be able to keep them from entering the basement.

So sad....no wonder the one daughter lost it. Not saying I excuse what she did. Hopefully the abuse cycle stopped with her.

I haven't seen anything on this thread about Christina Adkins. She disappeared years prior to Michelle. If Castro has lived here for 24 years, as reported, then he lived at this address when Adkins disappeared. It's a possibility that Adkins is the one that Michelle saw there who disappeared. It may also be her name on the basement wall with the RIP.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/3-women-abducted-from-Cleveland-west-side-Ashley-Summers-Christina-Adkins-Christina-Kleckner

I ran a search on NCMEC for missing people in Ohio, to see if I could potentially identify the person previously held. I only got two real possibilities: Erica Baker and Kimberly Riley.

I haven't seen anything on this thread about Christina Adkins. She disappeared years prior to Michelle. If Castro has lived here for 24 years, as reported, then he lived at this address when Adkins disappeared. It's a possibility that Adkins is the one that Michelle saw there who disappeared. It may also be her name on the basement wall with the RIP.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/3-women-abducted-from-Cleveland-west-side-Ashley-Summers-Christina-Adkins-Christina-Kleckner

Hopefully they will show her missing persons pics and she will be able to identify who the girl was. Poor Michele IDK why but my heart breaks for her. I truly hope her mother really has been searching for her. Just bothers me she moved away. I just can't imagine moving across country knowing my baby was missing from an area. I honestly think I wouldn't be able to move from the last address they knew as home.

I am wondering if Castro actually LIVED at a different location and just visited this house that he owns. One of the neighbors was quoted as saying that he thought the house was abandoned and that no one even lived there. He knew that Castro was the owner and he would occasionally see Castro there, but stated that he didn't believe Castro actually lived there.

If so, then the Castro brothers used this house as a prison for their victims and just came and went as they pleased. Castro probably only came by to feed and water them and use them, as if they were livestock. This story is just so disturbing...

This was 2005....Gina went missing 2002 (welldepends on which report is right) so was this wife living there? and after the order he would kidnap the daughters... so were they staying there.

Couldn't imagine finding out I grew up in a house where girls were held captive and I didn't even know. I guess with someone so controlling he would be able to keep them from entering the basement.

So sad....no wonder the one daughter lost it. Not saying I excuse what she did. Hopefully the abuse cycle stopped with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2