Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I did read yesterday (from one of the links here) that Amanda was home schooling her. Not sure if true or not and from where the reporter got that info.

I read that too, it would make sense her mother was giving her an education of some sort

Don't remember seeing this posted yet

19 Action News reporter Lydia Esparra was the ONLY reporter welcomed into the home of Gina Dejesus.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/2...esparra-invited-into-the-home-of-gina-dejesus
I :heartbeat:that they put a tarp up so Gina can lay in the sun and roll in the grass with some sort of privacy. I hate that they had to, but I love that they did. I want someone who owns a retreat type place to whisk all three girls away with their families to just soak in the sun and earth. :heartluv:

I hope they put a tarp up for Amanda and her daughter, too!

Although I did read yesterday (from one of the links here) that Amanda was home schooling her. Not sure if true or not and from where the reporter got that info.
Home school is fine but you usually need official approval and some check ups. This just proves Amanda was doing a good job as a mom. So yes they were breaking the law.

I am sure his mother and brothers knew something. They would have had many questions regarding the little girl who it has been said visited her grandmother regularly, would have had questions why they couldn't visit or enter Ariel's home, there must have been a lot of suspicious behaviour. Even the controlling manipulative liar that he was, some things must have rang big alarm bells...

I also believe it is a crime to not have a child that age enrolled in school or some type of educational program.

What about doctor's visits and vaccinations? Are those required by law in the US?

Video wouldn't play for me outside the US. That's crazy she said that. She knew full well what happened with her mother -maybe fear of the family's reaction if she spoke out? denial?

Then when they moved out of the home as children their stepfather abused them http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and...-ariel-castro-cleveland-kidnapper-and-monster

The way I read that article, it hints that the girls lied about the step fathers abuse and were given extravagant gifts as a reward. That they were under his control.

What about doctor's visits and vaccinations? Are those required by law in the US?

Vaccines aren't required. There is a widespread movement of parents who are against immunizations for religious or health reasons. You usually have to have some sort of waiver for the school system in order to enroll your child if you are anti-vaccine.

Homeschool laws very by state. Some states are pretty strict and require that the parent report tests scores, grades, back to the school system.

One of the cable news channels this morning stated that there is a connection to the other missing girl (Ashley?) because one of the phone numbers checked on her phone or calls made to her family's phone came back to the name Castro. Is there a link to this info somewhere that explains what they were referring to? TIA

I've seen a few news publications mentioning a connection with Ariel and Ashely's disappearance too. I hope she is safe and if she is not, I hope Ariel will reveal what happened to her (if he was involved). If he killed her, he deserves to be charged with murder. He better talk and I hope there will be no deals made with him. JMO

Home school is fine but you usually need official approval and some check ups. This just proves Amanda was doing a good job as a mom. So yes they were breaking the law.

Compulsory age for Ohio appears to be 6. Still, it'd be a pretty tiny slap on the wrist to pursue that. They're going to go after bigger charges for the fact that said child was the product of rape and unlawful restraint.

I think we'll see a ton more charges- assault & battery, more counts of rape, unlawful restraint, etc. It appears Ohio's first degree felony kidnapping has a minimum of 15 years and a maximum of life in prison. They also seem to have special consideration for sexual motivation.

Considering the severe circumstances and length of time for these kidnappings, I feel pretty confident he'll get a life sentence for each one. Even any plea he makes at this point is going to make him a life time prison resident IMO.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2905

Arlene says she has "never" witnessed any violence in her family's home?????

Really?

For me this casts doubt that she tells the truth about anything. It seems a blatant lie and she should really think if she wants to get caught out lying right now.

This daughter is Gina's age, she hasn't lived in her father's home since 1996 when her mother moved them out. She would have been roughly 6 years old the last time she lived in his home (her mother had sole custody).

It's possible she wasn't old enough to remember/witness it or she has blocked those memories. I'm sure her older sisters and brother are more aware. In fact, since this daughter was the youngest, they may have tried to protect her from some of the information of what her father had done to her mother.

No. They are compulsory for school attendance, but there are even legal ways (exemptions) to get around those if you feel it in your child's best interest.

Vaccines are recommended, and required for attendance at certain establishments, but not legal obligations.

There are ways to prosecute if your medical neglect leads to a medically preventable death or life long condition that they can prove resulted from medical neglect, but little they can do if you don't take your baby to well visits.

We have not brought up the next horrible possibility, that he may have assaulted his own daughter. I hope it is not the case. I'm worried about the diaper wearing. Incontinence? JMO

You are right Home school is fine speaking from experience I did public schools and home school .And you do need official approval. Also you have guidelines in different states. Example parents must hold High School Diploma, or College Degree and so on.

I think Amanda tried helping and teaching her daughter as much as she could with what she had learned. She is an incredible mother to go through what she went through the torment and everything and still be a mother and love that baby.

Yes they are required. Also certain shots are required at birth this poor child will need to catch up on all of them. A birth certificate and a social security number are required for your child to be enrolled in school in my area and before they start school they have shots and a Physical. edit to say with some religious beliefs they can submit papers and avoid shots from my understanding also.

So? If we started excusing people because they had a hard childhood, our prisons would go empty.

NO. But it would serve us to try to understand the pathology of child abuse and its effects. Because at this point of time we are not serving victims well nor the victims they grow up to abuse.

We have not brought up the next horrible possibility, that he may have assaulted his own daughter. I hope it is not the case. I'm worried about the diaper wearing. Incontinence? JMO

I really think she had been spared so far. His thing seemed to be early teenager years so I am hoping.

JMO, but I think it's possible she wasn't even actually wearing a diaper. I think a grown man who hadn't much experience with kids may call bloomers a diaper. Or she was woken from sleep, a lot of kids still use pull ups to sleep. It's surely possible she hadn't been toilet trained, but again that could just be lack of appropriate access to facilities. You can't train a child to hold it all day until someone allows you to use a bathroom, kwim? It may well have been environmental necessity and not inability.

Yes they are required. Also certain shots are required at birth this poor child will need to catch up on all of them. A birth certificate and a social security number are required for your child to be enrolled in school in my area and before they start school they have shots and a Physical. edit to say with some religious beliefs they can submit papers and avoid shots from my understanding also.

No, they aren't. They are "required" in that they are done routinely, but parents can choose not to do them. You do not need to explain this decision to anyone until your child is entering school or day care. It's the establishments that "require" them, not the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmholden913