Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some areas, it isn't safe to leave your windows open. Honestly, in some of the poor urban areas, it's impossible to tell which houses are inhabited and which are condemned. Lots have boards on the windows.

There is something more to the story with Michelle's family.....there has to be. She does not want to see her mother, does not want to go home to her family after being held captive by an animal and enduring a decade of horrific and sadistic abuse. What happened to her when after all of that she does not want to go home, does not even want to see her mother?

The horror what these girls have lived through has shaken me. But Michelle haunts me the most. She was gang raped a year before her abduction and gave birth to a a child of rape that was taken from her by the courts for something her stepfather did? Then she endures THIS? The media gave her disappearance almost no attention, mom couldn't be found to communicate with so she was removed from the missing persons database within a year and a half as if no one cared, like she was persona non grata. She ends up being his "personal punching bag" and target for even more abuse than the other two? She needs facial reconstruction, has hearing loss, 5 violently induced abortions, and cognitive delays?

And now apparently she does not feel connected enough to her family (for whatever reasons) to go home to heal around unconditional love and comfort? Apparently she does not feel that she will find that with them.

How much can one person take? I'd be on a psych ward I think. My heart aches for all of them, but I am just haunted by what has happened around Michelle.

It's very possible Castro pointed out every instance that people were looking for Gina and Amanda and not Michelle. This verified by media reports and tue cops saying in front of her. I also have a Michelle knight here you might eat to look that up! Poor girl. She is suffering soo much

Not sure if this has been posted, but some of the details here have left me gobsmacked! Chilling that he was grooming his 6 year old daughter because the others were getting too old for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-including-hearing-loss-muscle-damage.html

Before this article and from the beg. I suspected him grooming his daughter or sexual assaulting her and Amanda's mother instincts kicked in so she took the first chance she had to get free. <modsnip>. So therefore I suspected she did endure the worst of the 2. Amanda needed to be in better shape so that she could mother her child so I believe she has had more freedom and not tied up like the others. So that she could parent and the daughter wouldn't say anything.
I also suspect he did on purpose leave the door in latched He would not have gotten away with bringing the girl out much longer with out her saying anything about mom or aunts being tied up

Hi everyone! new here but been reading a long time. so I hope no-one minds me jumping in and putting my thoughts out here.
but I just wanted to say 9 out of 10 times I do think its an act but regarding AC I really don't think it is. I truly believe this guy is nuts and might just be this cra. And with him being in such control over others for so long and then losing that power might be making him.lose it all together. its hard for an abuser when they lose that control. but if it is and act then he is doing it all wrong. jall/prison gards. have seen it all. p.s sorry for spelling airs am on a phone...ugh need my lap top back lol
I'm not sure how crazy this guy is. As long as he lived like he wanted and had complete control, he managed just fine, but now that he has lost that control, he's probably coming inhinged...but not in a legally incompetent kind of way. Just full of rage and frustration that he can't live like he wants. You're right about him being a control freak though. And IMO, he really, really hates females, especially adult women. It's a good thing these women got out when they did, because considering their ages, he might have killed them and moved on to young girls.

I don't see how a defense attorney can objectively represent Castro. I would advise him to plead guilty and spare these women so they do not have to relive a decade of abuse. I don't like it when someone is tried in the media, however, in this case, it's obvious to me this sick man is guilty.

Thats why you are not an attorney. You wouldn't make any money as a lawyer. Lawyers don't make any real money advising their clients to plead guilty. Castro is going to be this scum bucket lawyer's pay check for the next 20 years at least. He is going to milk this case for everything it's worth.

The Other Cleveland Victim: How Ariel Castro Got a Pass on Beating His Wife
http://observer.com/2013/05/the-other-cleveland-victim-castros-late-wife/
Now this just makes me mad. Ok, so the law didn't take care of her, (no surprise there), but this is where the family can't claim ignorance. They saw this woman and knew what was happening. Why didn't they do something? Form a crowd and march to the court house and demand an arrest and protection? If my daughter or sister or cousin was treated like this, I wouldn't take it laying down. And if the man later got caught committing horrible crimes against girls and women, I wouldn't act all surprised. And when his daughter was convicted for trying to kill her baby, how many family members spoke on her behalf? and tried to explain the horror that she was raised around I don't understand this at all.

Thats why you are not an attorney. You wouldn't make any money as a lawyer. Lawyers don't make any real money advising their clients to plead guilty. Castro is going to be this scum bucket lawyer's pay check for the next 20 years at least. He is going to milk this case for everything it's worth.

That's really not how defense attorneys work.

Not sure if this has been posted, but some of the details here have left me gobsmacked! Chilling that he was grooming his 6 year old daughter because the others were getting too old for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324731/It-like-prisoners-war-Cleveland-women-suffer-injuries-severe-malnutrition-including-hearing-loss-muscle-damage.html

That is what I thought all along, that Amanda became determined to get them out of there somehow because she knew what was going to happen. I might be in the minority around here, but I totally do not believe he left anything unlocked on purpose. I don't think he had any intention of letting them go. Ever.

And while I'm at it, it's total rubbish that he felt any kind of guilt or remorse about taking Gina because of her age. Look how much damage he did to her! It makes me sick to hear his attorneys trying to defend him and to know they are going to put these girls through even more torture. I don't know how they (Castro's attorneys) can sleep at night. :stormingmad:

This isn't about money; this is about having time to evaluate the case. Besides which, no lawyer is going to get rich representing Castro. He likely doesn't have the funds. It's most likely to be someone court appointed, and you don't often recoup all that you put into court appointed cases anyway.

It is about money. The lawyer will continue to get paid as long as he is working on the case. Unless he is donating his time. Which is highly unlikely.

If the lawyer's client pleads guilty, and doesn't plan any appeals, thats it, case over. The lawyer gets his final check. But if the client pleads not guilty and fights the charges, and then appeals again and again. The lawyer can keep getting paid forever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324731/It-like-prisoners-war-Cleveland-women-suffer-injuries-severe-malnutrition-including-hearing-loss-muscle-damage.html
so, this attorney doesn't think Castro is a monster? How dare he make such ridiculous statements. He spoke to him for what? 3 hours? try being chained up in his basement for 10 years, and see how you like him. And according to Castro, Michelle wasn't fit to be a parent, because she was mentally disabled? Now, that's almost laughable...the only mentally disabled person involved in this whole ordeal, is Castro himself.

It is about money. The lawyer will continue to get paid as long as he is working on the case. Unless he is donating his time. Which is highly unlikely.

If the lawyer's client pleads guilty, and doesn't plan any appeals, thats it, case over. The lawyer gets his final check. But if the client pleads not guilty and fights the charges, and then appeals again and again. The lawyer can keep getting paid forever.
I understand he has a job to do, (my brother is an attorney, so I don't despise them), but as far as trying to rehabilitate Castro's image? He might as well give it up. He would be better off just not saying anything. All his statement about Castro not being a monster did, was reinforce how cunning he is. If he could trick this educated adult into thinking he's an alright fella, what effect would this wolf in sheep's clothing have on a young girl? Really,this statement just made him seem like more of a monster.

Well either they were suffocating in there in the Summer or maybe he had air conditioning, or some type of ventilation system. Because all the windows were all closed up in the summer.

Screenshot2013-05-11at115306PM_zpscd7c2531.jpg
Room air conditioners fit in windows, and I highly doubt he had a fancy outdoor unit for whole house air. Small thing I guess considering what else was going on, but damn, that had to be brutal upstairs with hot air rising.

The Other Cleveland Victim: How Ariel Castro Got a Pass on Beating His Wife
http://observer.com/2013/05/the-other-cleveland-victim-castros-late-wife/

Thank you for posting this.

I might be in the minority around here, but I totally do not believe he left anything unlocked on purpose. I don't think he had any intention of letting them go. Ever.

I don't think he intentionally left it unlocked either.

And while I'm at it, it's total rubbish that he felt any kind of guilt or remorse about taking Gina because of her age. Look how much damage he did to her! It makes me sick to hear his attorneys trying to defend him and to know they are going to put these girls through even more torture. I don't know how they (Castro's attorneys) can sleep at night. :stormingmad:

He doesn't have remorse for anything except forgetting to lock the door

This has been in the news here in Australia. Horrific, tortured, life threatening experience for those three girls/women. They need love, care, nurturing & protection from harm for the rest of their lives. It may take many years, if ever, to heal from this dread.
Hope the US Law will bring this perpetrator to account for the rest of his life. We don't want him 'getting off' on a technicality!

I understand he has a job to do, (my brother is an attorney, so I don't despise them), but as far as trying to rehabilitate Castro's image? He might as well give it up. He would be better off just not saying anything. All his statement about Castro not being a monster did, was reinforce how cunning he is. If he could trick this educated adult into thinking he's an alright fella, what effect would this wolf in sheep's clothing have on a young girl? Really,this statement just made him seem like more of a monster.

I read that many say he was so normal it is hard to believe he did such a thing....

Seems he is good at conning and it is easy to con VERY young girls...
Lawyers who defend animals leave me cold I have no respect for any of them.
I do not think the lawyer is getting conned, I think he is there to get paid. :(
Now Castro is pleading innocent I read that today...he may think he can con the entire country.
Also: his brothers did visit there, so it is very hard for me to believe they did not hear or see anything at all.
The depraved people out there are just growing in numbers. :(

Looks like the huvel that Jaycee Dugard lived in.... :(:(:(

It was LE that put the fence up and boarded all but a couple windows that I think we're already boarded up. The media got it wrong for some reason.

If you look back in google photos, there are plenty of before shots of the house and the fence wasn't there. They are probably going to/did put the barbed wire at the top as well to make sure that the evidence is preserved.

I hope when everything is said and done they burn and tear the place down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa