Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell - COD: "Heroin Poisoning"

Yes, this is most likely. I was wrong to call WH a rapist/murderer. Those are strong words, I think I was feeling angry and maybe I read the comment "a monster did this to her" too many times that day. I want someone held accountable. Who would she have been with? New friends from school? I don't understand why people are saying she didn't even smoke a cigarette, no way she would have done this, etc. when she obviously posted about dabbling - remember "blue kush" and even molly...? They may not be able to prove murder but we all know she didn't go to that house by herself. Hope something breaks this week. RIP AJ

I hope you don't feel like I (or anyone ever) was attacking you for your thoughts on WH. Every possible scenario should be considered and sleuthed to the fullest extent, IMO. A lot of us are angry and I think many of us who have subscribed to the accidental death theory only did so after a lot of reluctance; it's hard to have so much passion and investment in a case, to hurt for the loss of a beautiful life, and ultimately realize we may not be able to direct all the anger we have at the situation toward one "monster." That being said, there is still a high degree of anger I feel am going to direct at whomever is found accountable for supplying the drugs that killed AJ. So whatever the scenario was, I couldn't agree more with your sentiment... I too "want someone held accountable."

I think what you pointed about about signs pointing to her dabbling in some substances is so important for everyone discussing this case to keep in mind. I have been through some hell myself recently and I can easily envision scenarios where a vulnerable, sensitive individual could have elevated their drug use (type or frequency) around the wrong influences. She didn't go to that house by herself... I'm convinced of that as well.

Thank you for this, you write with compassion. I hope her life will be a lesson to her little sisters and others.

Also, FWIW, this response made my day—I can't tell you how much I appreciate you saying that! Usually I write more concisely but my emotional investment in this case has my mind so muddled. I'm trying to stay objective and clear-headed but it isn't my strong suit. No matter what series of events led to AJ's tragic demise, I truly believe that her light shines so brightly that her legacy will make a real impact on others.

Empress And Happyshoes, thanks for your posts! It's ok to feel frustrated... I think we all do! Happyshoes, I think you're very open minded and it's obvious you care a lot. I'm glad both of you are here and we can discuss things without bickering and ugliness. ��

I think most protective parents THINK they'd be inclined to do the same. But I think reality presents a very different pic. For all those claiming WH "did what any parent would do" they're not thinking it through or being 100% honest. No, MOST parents would not do what he did. Most would be LIVID, yes, but call 911 and demand action, yesterday. Most parents are jerk criminals that do things their own way, despite what's legal and above board.

moo.

No. If I thought the guy killed my child I would let the law deal with it since I couldn't get my child back anyways. If I truly, honest to God thought he had my child alive in his house doing God knows what with him? You can bet I would do EXACTLY what I said I would do.

That leads me to believe that Wesley didn't think that for sure, and it had added to my theory of WH being guilty mostly on his own. Now though, I am starting to think he wasn't sure she was there because the info (about texty) was being fed to him by others who were AJ's friends. Now rethinking everything, I think if WH truly thought she was there, he'd probably have done just what I said I would do, but if he was told second hand information then I can see sneaking in and taking a look without guns blazing.

I have NEVER met an occasional heroin user. Not being snarky, just honest. It's not marijuana ... it's not something you do when you go out every once in awhile ... it's just not that kind I'd drug IMO

And i completely agree with you on how they will have to figure this out. It really is a poisoning case!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

This is the problem and it's clouding some peoples judgement I think. I have known PLENTY of occasional users of hard drugs that take them to party then leave them alone. TONS.
There is such a massive misconception about drug users from movies and TV that people think of them all sitting around the corner rocking like monkeys scoring drugs down at the wharf.

I don't like to dish my personal stuff on here but I was one of these users and partied with tons more. Have fun Friday and Saturday, blow off steam then back to school/work on Monday.
We were advance level students from middle to upper class families. A lot of my friends were on sports teams and we were NOT just drinking and smoking pot.

This is the problem and it's clouding some peoples judgement I think. I have known PLENTY of occasional users of hard drugs that take them to party then leave them alone. TONS.
There is such a massive misconception about drug users from movies and TV that people think of them all sitting around the corner rocking like monkeys scoring drugs down at the wharf.

I don't like to dish my personal stuff on here but I was one of these users and partied with tons more. Have fun Friday and Saturday, blow off steam then back to school/work on Monday.
We were advance level students from middle to upper class families. A lot of my friends were on sports teams and we were NOT just drinking and smoking pot.
Thank you! It's definitely not like in the movies all the time. One doesn't take that first or even second, third, fourth, and so forth, hit or snort, etc. and become instantly addicted. Not with any drug. Not with heroin, not with meth.

Now some people do indeed have such addictive personalities that once they find a drug they like the feeling it gives them, that they keep using it again and again, with no breaks, leading them to become addicted to the drug. But, that is not the drug making thrm addicts, it is their addictive personalities. People like that were always addicts; they just hadn't found their drug of choice yet.

Then there are others whose addiction started with legally prescribed medications and the actual hardcore addiction doesn't occur right away but develops over the course of months or years.

But there are definitely occasional, "party on the weekend" drug users.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, even if I don't agree. Everyone has an opinion. Regardless of how the drugs got into AJ, there is a SOB out there that dumped her body behind an abandoned house. If it was innocent, and an accident, why not call 911 when she was found? I pray we get the answers soon.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, even if I don't agree. Everyone has an opinion. Regardless of how the drugs got into AJ, there is a SOB out there that dumped her body behind an abandoned house. If it was innocent, and an accident, why not call 911 when she was found? I pray we get the answers soon.
Or a bunch of SOBs. I'm starting to wonder about those boys. An accidental OD, and then maybe planting all of the "clues" that drove Wes into nutso action. I hope Jen isn't actually living with the very ones that dumped her little girl like garbage at that house. If I'm right, they better hope Wes doesn't get out anytime soon. He punches dogs, what would he do to those boys?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

People doing illegal drugs do not behave rationally. I think it is entirely possible that she would have been simply abandoned if in fact she had overdosed.

Not saying that absolutely no foul play occured concerning her death; just that I cannot see how it can be proven, without a confession of someone who was present. Which, Imo, seems unlikely.

Jmo

People doing illegal drugs do not behave rationally. I think it is entirely possible that she would have been simply abandoned if in fact she had overdosed.

Not saying that absolutely no foul play occured concerning her death; just that I cannot see how it can be proven, without a confession of someone who was present. Which, Imo, seems unlikely.

Jmo

I'm in total agreement with you that 'people doing illegal drugs do not [always] behave rationally.' In fact: anyone can take a "legal/prescribed/OTC" drug and have irrational reactions. The same drug can be taken by two different people, and it can work as it's "intended to" on one person, but be fatal to another.

However: I just cannot view this as junkies/users behaving irrationally and doing a 'simple' dump. This appears to me to be a deliberate dump which involved some insight, effort, and deliberation before the fact. Based on where AJ was located: it speaks to me more of a person(s) with intent to hide evidence, and not a few panicked users who would have gone to such an extreme to 'dump' her in such an isolated place way off the beaten path.

Everything about where AJ was found speaks to me of a chosen place--a place where if she was ever found, the intent was present that whoever did this wanted physical evidence to be unobtainable. Also: I am not convinced that the individual(s) did not have intent to return to that site at a "safe time" to further hide possible evidence, but somehow never got the chance.

JMO, but I am of the strong opinion that LE most definitely has the means to prove foul play, even without a confession. I believe that one individual is most at fault for what happened to AJ, but that the individual did not act alone--even if that means mere complacency from people who had guilt knowledge.

It just happened to result in such a way where WH was--and remains--the perfect patsy for all who may be involved.

That article is interesting. My stepson passed away at the age of 22 in 2013 from a heroin overdose, in his residence. It had appeared he was lying on the couch and sat up to lean over, fell down and passed. While speaking to the coroner, I had inquired if he had done "bad" heroin or just "too much" heroin - her response was that due to heroin being illegal, there is no threshold of toxicity to compare (meaning there is no "good" heroin, and nothing to gauge too much or too little). Heroin use amongst "kids" this age is rapidly increasing at least here in IL, and the most common method (amongst this age group) is to snort, as the misconception is that it's more socially acceptable this way (as powder cocaine vs. crack cocaine - one has a stigma while the other is "not so bad"). This definitely could be an accidental overdose, but as others have asked - why hide her body? Why not call 911? Why not tell someone? RIP AJ

I came across this Wisconsin article today about lethal heroin and thought I'd post it here.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...-man-arrested-amid-heroin-overdoses/30135341/

Could A.J. have ingested something like this?

Yes definitely.

There are sadly many pages of news articles for "heroin virginia". Here are a few of interest:

Dealing Death: Ther Heroin Epidemic
http://wtop.com/local/2015/03/dealing-death-heroin-epidemic/slide/1/

Overdose Deaths From Heroin Galvanizing Leaders in MD and VA

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...0c19fc-a305-11e4-9f89-561284a573f8_story.html
Mother of Addict : There Were Clues But We Had No Clue
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...66b03c-b06b-11e3-9627-c65021d6d572_story.html
Virginia Bills Aim to Curb Heroin Overdose Deaths
http://wtop.com/virginia/2015/01/virginia-bills-aim-curb-heroin-overdose-deaths/
VA Task Force Attempting to Combat Heroin Overdoses
http://wsls.com/2015/03/20/va-task-force-attempting-to-combat-heroin-overdoses/

Jmo
I do wonder how she was found. Clothed, unclothed, covered with something, partially buried? Etc
If anything she was not alone and its a shame that if it was an accidental overdose that someone couldn't come forward and say so. Even an anonymous call..... Something. But there has been nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm in total agreement with you that 'people doing illegal drugs do not [always] behave rationally.' In fact: anyone can take a "legal/prescribed/OTC" drug and have irrational reactions. The same drug can be taken by two different people, and it can work as it's "intended to" on one person, but be fatal to another.

However: I just cannot view this as junkies/users behaving irrationally and doing a 'simple' dump. This appears to me to be a deliberate dump which involved some insight, effort, and deliberation before the fact. Based on where AJ was located: it speaks to me more of a person(s) with intent to hide evidence, and not a few panicked users who would have gone to such an extreme to 'dump' her in such an isolated place way off the beaten path.

Everything about where AJ was found speaks to me of a chosen place--a place where if she was ever found, the intent was present that whoever did this wanted physical evidence to be unobtainable. Also: I am not convinced that the individual(s) did not have intent to return to that site at a "safe time" to further hide possible evidence, but somehow never got the chance.

JMO, but I am of the strong opinion that LE most definitely has the means to prove foul play, even without a confession. I believe that one individual is most at fault for what happened to AJ, but that the individual did not act alone--even if that means mere complacency from people who had guilt knowledge.

It just happened to result in such a way where WH was--and remains--the perfect patsy for all who may be involved.

Yes, Definitely hard to return back to hide evidence when in jail....

That article is interesting. My stepson passed away at the age of 22 in 2013 from a heroin overdose, in his residence. It had appeared he was lying on the couch and sat up to lean over, fell down and passed. While speaking to the coroner, I had inquired if he had done "bad" heroin or just "too much" heroin - her response was that due to heroin being illegal, there is no threshold of toxicity to compare (meaning there is no "good" heroin, and nothing to gauge too much or too little). Heroin use amongst "kids" this age is rapidly increasing at least here in IL, and the most common method (amongst this age group) is to snort, as the misconception is that it's more socially acceptable this way (as powder cocaine vs. crack cocaine - one has a stigma while the other is "not so bad"). This definitely could be an accidental overdose, but as others have asked - why hide her body? Why not call 911? Why not tell someone? RIP AJ
I'm so sorry for your loss CurlyQ :(

Heroin use is growing here too. I know a police detective who told me that more and more teens are using at the local park where I live. I never would have even thought that if not told. It's so very sad.

I'm sorry for your loss, CurlyQ. :hug:

Jmo

(O/T, you're wearing my favorite sweater!)

Hi- I saw this in the local news last night. I have no idea if it is relevant to AJ's case or not- but I thought I would share it, in the event it may be. Or not- lol.

http://wavy.com/2015/07/14/outten-organization-members-indicted-for-heroin-trafficking/

Good find! I bet somehow it is related. Did you see an Address? I wonder if this is the candy store?

info: http://www.oag.state.va.us/index.ph...rrested-in-simultaneous-execution-of-warrants

Good find! I bet it does in some way. Did you see an address, I couldn't find one will look more. Wondering if this is the candy store?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back