Anne Heche - 53 - dies after fiery car crash in Los Angeles August 5 2022

I have a couple of theory's..

one is that she was extremely upset and decided to do it but chickened out on the first crash and it was half hearted, then after a couple of circles around she later committed vehicular suicide.

another is that she became enraged to the point where she was driving in circles and extremely distraught proceeded
screaming and pushing the car to it's limits when she lost control of the car.

she nodded out on opiates while she was driving and was totally inebriated.

seems an odd spot for suicide..in California there are cliffs everywhere...it seems odd she would choose a residential neighborhood..seems a strange way to kill yourself ...a gun would be so much easier..hanging...what about the fentanyl...so easy to od on..I have a prob with this being suicide...but it will be interesting when more of this story emerges.

mOO

It was a sterile burn sheet

Per the video footage, Heche was seen being wheeled out in a white sheet. Burn victims are often wrapped in a sterile sheet and sometimes sterile water is applied to the sheet to cool the burns.
Burns blankets and bandages are absolutely marvellous, a few years ago I scolded my chest after taking a boiling drink from the microwave. My husband who was a police officer had been given some out of date burns bandage and put one on me and they actually took away the pain so I almost felt nothing, I still have the faint scarring to this day.

one is that she was extremely upset and decided to do it but chickened out on the first crash and it was half hearted, then after a couple of circles around she later committed vehicular suicide.

another is that she became enraged to the point where she was driving in circles and extremely distraught proceeded

seems an odd spot for suicide..in California there are cliffs everywhere...it seems odd she would choose a residential neighborhood..seems a strange way to kill yourself ...a gun would be so much easier..hanging...what about the fentanyl...so easy to od on..I have a prob with this being suicide...but it will be interesting when more of this story emerges.

mOO

Who is saying suicide?

The investigation is closed so I’m not sure we will get conclusive information.

well many people have speculated that she wanted to kill herself and she intentionally crashed her vehicle.

we won't unless she told someone or left a note etc..but those who knew her and spent time with her in the days leading up

may talk about it and Im sure much will come out. She was a celebrity and her fans and others want to know how this could have happened to her...so as a public figure there will be much interest in piecing together the possibilities.

journalists will investigate and continue to ask questions . mOO

From 1 hr ago. She was removed from life support earlier today after finding a suitable organ recipient

It may really really bother me her reckless driving, but it lightens my empathy she is keeping another human alive with her organs.

well many people have speculated that she wanted to kill herself and she intentionally crashed her vehicle.

we won't unless she told someone or left a note etc..but those who knew her and spent time with her in the days leading up

may talk about it and Im sure much will come out. She was a celebrity and her fans and others want to know how this could have happened to her...so as a public figure there will be much interest in piecing together the possibilities.

journalists will investigate and continue to ask questions . mOO
You know, I wondered about the suicide angle myself... but the 1 thing that prevents me from going forward with it in my mind is the fact she bought that red wig moments before, AND looked so happy. She wouldn't need a wig if she had planned suicide (that would be weird), plus the fact she looked so darn happy, so that's off the table for me. But I can see the fact that she hit that garage, and then sped away, and the near miss with the pedestrian out of the alley, etc.... things just escalated in her mind and that whatever happened was not planned. Events just unfolded. It feels to me like panic set in and she tried to outrun it. I believe that had she not hit the house, she eventually would have calmed down and we wouldn't be talking about it much other than she had a fender bender with the garage.

It's all very sad, actually, except for the fact no one else was hurt or killed. That, in itself, is a blessing. I pray she is now at peace. I believe she is.

I understand the necessity of organ donating.

But it should be done respectfully and not under the microsope of tabloids.

Where a human body is treated as an object, a reservoir of spare parts, with public discussing which part is good and which isn't.

Discretion is a virtue.

Especially with a dying person.

MOO

I think that Anne Heche, the way I imagine her, would not mind people knowing.

The problem, as always, are the tabloids. You give them the chance, they’ll get the list of the recipients and publish it. Who got what, etc.

You know, I wondered about the suicide angle myself... but the 1 thing that prevents me from going forward with it in my mind is the fact she bought that red wig moments before, AND looked so happy. She wouldn't need a wig if she had planned suicide (that would be weird), plus the fact she looked so darn happy, so that's off the table for me. But I can see the fact that she hit that garage, and then sped away, and the near miss with the pedestrian out of the alley, etc.... things just escalated in her mind and that whatever happened was not planned. Events just unfolded. It feels to me like panic set in and she tried to outrun it. I believe that had she not hit the house, she eventually would have calmed down and we wouldn't be talking about it much other than she had a fender bender with the garage.

It's all very sad, actually, except for the fact no one else was hurt or killed. That, in itself, is a blessing. I pray she is now at peace. I believe she is.
BBM
That exact thing happened in my neighborhood.
A woman speeding crashed head on into another car. She then climbed out of her car window, attempted to run. The neighbors detained her. She was speaking but making no sense.
LE later told us that she had hit another car a few streets away and was fleeing that accident. She thought those people were chasing her - they were not.

JM experience

The happiness factor doesn't matter as much as many people can seem happy (and some may be) after making the decision to take their own life. But the wig thing does. There's just no evidence that Anne was trying to kill herself. I believe she fled the scene of the other accident because she didn't want anyone to know she was high and impaired. But being high and impaired, she crashed again.

BBM
That exact thing happened in my neighborhood.
A woman speeding crashed head on into another car. She then climbed out of her car window, attempted to run. The neighbors detained her. She was speaking but making no sense.
LE later told us that she had hit another car a few streets away and was fleeing that accident. She thought those people were chasing her - they were not.

JM experience
I could see this scenario more than the suicide angle.
It’s difficult for me to guess what was going on in Anne’s headspace because of all the unknown factors that led up to this point. Had she been up for days using cocaine? Just did a morning bump to combat the depression to get going for the day?
I’m not sure how many people on WS have ever used cocaine and have an idea of the effects. Or the allure or hopefulness.
JMO

I can understand that alcohol/drug addiction is hard to overcome and requires strong will.

But she lived in the US - a rich 1st world country with excellent mental health care, with many therapeutic centres for addicts.
And she certainly had money to pay for them.

Did she ever try?
Did her family/friends encourage her to seek help?

Her 2nd husband claimed she had drug problem.

I think alcohol/drug addicts should have their driving licences revoked - till completing rehabilitation in therapy centres.

For their, and others, sake.

MOO

I am NOT saying it is the case here but in some cases of those who have committed suicide, people had commented that the person seemed especially happy in the day or days before the suicide.

I can understand that alcohol/drug addiction is hard to overcome and requires strong will.

But she lived in the US - a rich 1st world country with excellent mental health care, with many therapeutic centres for addicts.
And she certainly had money to pay for them.

Did she ever try?
Did her family/friends encourage her to seek help?

Her 2nd husband claimed she had drug problem.

I think alcohol/drug addicts should have their driving licences revoked - till completing rehabilitation in therapy centres.

For their, and others, sake.

MOO
We may have excellent mental health care but it's not that easy to come by. The pandemic really exacerbated the problem.

Since the first coronavirus case was confirmed in the United States more than a year ago, the number of people in need of mental health services has surged. But many say that they are languishing on waiting lists, making call after call only to be turned away, with affordable options tough to find. Providers, who have long been in short supply, are stretched thin.

“Never at any time in my practice have I had a five-person waiting list,” said Brooke Huminski, a psychotherapist and licensed independent clinical social worker in Providence, R.I., who specializes in treating people with eating disorders.

Dr. Gregory Scott Brown, the director of an outpatient psychiatry clinic in Austin, Texas, said he recently had to hire an additional nurse practitioner to help care for more patients. “I’m busier than ever and just don’t have room,” he said. “I’m full.”

“There’s always been more demand for services than there are mental health providers to provide them,” Dr. Wright said. “I think what the pandemic has done is really laid bare that discrepancy.”

In August, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published a report which concluded that in late June, 40 percent of adults in the United States had been struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues, and rates of depression and anxiety had risen since 2019. (Gemmie's note - and that doesn't include children who weren't taking the 'no school in person' thing very well)

Full article with a lot of good info here: ‘Nobody Has Openings’: Mental Health Providers Struggle to Meet Demand (Published 2021)

IMHO this is a tragic ending for someone so young. It is confusing that it was announced there is no investigation of what happened. Correct if I am wrong but I think an investigation was done when Tiger Woods had a single person single car accident. Not down playing AH's death but there were others impacted by this crash. It is likely there will be some litigation from those impacted. Hopefully, people will not slaughter them for pursuing legal action against AH's estate. No winners this time.

mOO

I, too, was thinking about it. Assuming, we don’t know, won’t ever know, and it is all just very personal opinions. First, remember, she mentioned having a bad day during “better together”? Each can interpret it in his own way, I thought she felt depressed. She was going through another difficult separation process.

The male neighbor mentioned her not moving her head and not looking into his eyes when she said, she was not doing well, after the crash.

There are cliffs, guns, there are legal ways, even, but maybe she was remembering her brother, who, she was positive, committed vehicular suicide? It is hard to understand her thinking patterns, of course, but I interpret her drugs like “depressed…time to take my Prozac again”. I am not subscribing to Dr. Drew’s opinion of it until I hear what Dr. Gabor Mate says about her situation; having worked at the streets of Vancouver, BC, he has more understanding of addiction than anyone else. JMO.

My very personal opinion, these court proceedings were exhausting her. Hubby nr 1 took her to cleaners, now father of her 2nd kid was entangled in another custody battle with Anne. I don’t view her like “crazy”, but she was emotionally fragile, and had to work a lot. It ultimately showed.

Last edited:
The happiness factor doesn't matter as much as many people can seem happy (and some may be) after making the decision to take their own life. But the wig thing does. There's just no evidence that Anne was trying to kill herself. I believe she fled the scene of the other accident because she didn't want anyone to know she was high and impaired. But being high and impaired, she crashed again.

You know, the wig factors in, in my opinion. Chromotherapy, some people are very responsive to colors. She wanted red, mood-elevating, wig. Had he had one, she’d probably be wearing it during the crash. As it was blue, she simply went through the motions…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back