another comment from the chicks....

Jeana (DP) said:
...they're very very talented. Of course, I wouldn't put a dime into their pockets though!!
I agree. They are very talented. I also wouldn't buy another of their CD's. :)

For the record, the DCX album was #1 in sales for a second week, selling more than a quarter million copies.

There must be something about being overseas that really gets the Dixie Chicks talking. Group members Emily Robison and Natalie Maines have now taken on the subject of patriotism, and apparently they're as big of fans of it as they are President Bush.

In an interview with UK's Telegraph newspaper, Robison accused some country artists of jumping on the anti-Chicks bandwagon to further their own careers. She said, "A lot of artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career, which was a horrible thing to do. A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/33442272

I bought the CD and love it! I also was amused that they said they are still ashamed Bush is from Texas. These chicks stick to their beliefs and I like it!

I like their new CD as well. I also admire their refusal to conform and stand up for their convictions.

JDB said:
There must be something about being overseas that really gets the Dixie Chicks talking. Group members Emily Robison and Natalie Maines have now taken on the subject of patriotism, and apparently they're as big of fans of it as they are President Bush.

In an interview with UK's Telegraph newspaper, Robison accused some country artists of jumping on the anti-Chicks bandwagon to further their own careers. She said, "A lot of artists cashed in on being against what we said or what we stood for because that was promoting their career, which was a horrible thing to do. A lot of pandering started going on, and you'd see soldiers and the American flag in every video. It became a sickening display of ultra-patriotism."

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/33442272

Come on Chicks....do you really believe that Toby Keith and Reba McIntyre needed to jump on the anti-Chicks bandwagon to further their own careers???
Have you had your heads up your rears for the past 3 years or what??? Toby and Reba are the only two names of country singers that you've named to date and as you haven't noticed they are both doing quite well...before and after you opened your big mouths. What egos you have :sick:

You have to have an ego to survive show biz!!
It's not for the faint hearted :p

Bobbisangel said:
Come on Chicks....do you really believe that Toby Keith and Reba McIntyre needed to jump on the anti-Chicks bandwagon to further their own careers???
Have you had your heads up your rears for the past 3 years or what??? Toby and Reba are the only two names of country singers that you've named to date and as you haven't noticed they are both doing quite well...before and after you opened your big mouths. What egos you have :sick:
I totally agree, what are they talking about now?

obviously, somewhere along the line they decided trashing BUSH was more important than their careers ....you can admire them for sticking to their beliefs at ALL COSTS or consider them somewhat stupid for alienating so many of their fans who have been with them on their rise to the TOP and still there as they decend DOWN the other side of fame. i personally don't want any actress/actor or musician, etc. talking politics to me. they do not have any "clout" IMO

I rarely let an artists or actors political opinions effect enjoying their talent.
I still love the movies Omega Man and Planet of the Apes even if I disagree with Heston's involvement in the NRA and the politcal campaigns he supported later in his life. I wish him and his family well in this difficult time. I find it very easy to seperate celebs talents and political beliefs. I don't need to personally indentify with them and their beliefs to take pleasure in a movie or an album.

Bobbisangel said:
The article you linked to does not have the Dixie Chicks naming Toby Keith or Reba McIntyre.

kelly london said:
i personally don't want any actress/actor or musician, etc. talking politics to me. they do not have any "clout" IMO
Yes, but do you also feel this way when actresses/celebrities stand up for their causes in front of Congress? It seems to me that people don't mind it if they AGREE with the celebrity's opinion.

Masterj said:
Yes, but do you also feel this way when actresses/celebrities stand up for their causes in front of Congress? It seems to me that people don't mind it if they AGREE with the celebrity's opinion.
I don't care if I agree with them or not. Celebrities should discuss their political views with their friends at parties not on national television. I wouldn't be swayed by a celebrity and I don't really care what they have to say about a particular topic. Of course, that's just my point of view. :)

nanandjim said:
I don't care if I agree with them or not. Celebrities should discuss their political views with their friends at parties not on national television. I wouldn't be swayed by a celebrity and I don't really care what they have to say about a particular topic. Of course, that's just my point of view. :)

Actually, I think your view is just fine, Nan. After all, why does musical ability qualify one as an expert on current events? I don't blame you for ignoring what artists have to say about politics.

But since our culture does confer political power on artists, I admire those who use it well, especially when they are willing to risk their popularity to do so.

Nova said:
...since our culture does confer political power on artists...
I guess that I am an exception to the rule. In my eyes artists have no power where politics or anything other than entertainment is concerned. ;)

Masterj said:
The article you linked to does not have the Dixie Chicks naming Toby Keith or Reba McIntyre.

I know that it doesn't but Toby and Reba are the only two country singers that the Chicks have named so I am assuming that it is Toby and Reba that they are talking about. Makes sense to me.

nanandjim said:
I guess that I am an exception to the rule. In my eyes artists have no power where politics or anything other than entertainment is concerned. ;)

Where there's money, there's power.

Robert Redford
Paul Newman
Charlton Heston
Angelina Jolie
George Clooney
Danny Thomas
Bob Hope
Jerry Lewis

They have money and power, and they make waves, man.

good--can't stand them,their music or their big mouths--most artsts,actors,singers know better than to open their trap about controversial subjects or anything else for that matter---saw them on larry king many months ago--the short one is really annoying

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306
Back