Anthonys May Sue Over Merchandise being Sold

The truly sad thing about all this is that George and Cindy Anthony are missing the opportunity they were actually given because of this sad tragedy. They had (and could still have maybe if they would start to tell the truth about their daughter) the rare opportunity to truly fight for the rights of Grand Parents in this country when they have a neglectful or incapable child raising a grandchild. We KNOW that this type of situation is occurring all over the country as we sit here with these grandparents and their antics. It takes a situation such as the one involving the murder of their grand baby at the hands of their daughter to really fight for and win legislation for changing the system and allowing (when warranted) Grandparents to intervene. That to me is the saddest part of how far this mess has gone awry.

Caylee was never missing, we all know that, but she was in the care of someone who should not have had her- and George and Cindy full well knew this. Stop feeling guilty about it already and make sure that it doesn't happen to the next poor innocent child! That will be honoring Caylee's memory and absolve them of the never ending cycle of guilt they are in- it is too late to save Caylee Marie, but they can be the catalyst to save someone else! Why don't these people get it?

I am tired of hearing how they are 'hated'- they have enough self hate for themselves to last a lifetime- they don't need it from me. I have lived horrific circumstances but I choose to reach out and help someone else... to help them have a better chance at a normal life, and when I do that I inadvertently help myself. There are people in this world today who suffer truly horrific, and unspeakable atrocities yet they find the strength to carry on and even help someone else. The Anthony's choose their life everyday- we don't- and those choices keep them locked on this sad and dysfunctional hamster wheel- they can choose at any moment to get off of it- I don't keep them there and I have every right to comment and have an opinion on their extremely public behavior.

I hope they figure it out and do the right thing, however at this time I am not holding my breath... I have too many people who love and count on me for support. Good luck to them with all of their 'suing'- evidently they'll need the money...

I wonder if they are really wanting to sue because they want to get their piece of the pie $$$$$$$$$$$ :banghead:

Kinda like selling the pictures of Caylee.

Exactly! Hypocrites!!! JMO

How can the A's get the "Justice for Caylee" trademarked when they were not the legal guardians of Caylee and their daughter isn't even speaking to them, so even though KC is on trial, she's still presumed innocent until a verdict is handed down and she is still Caylee's mother, is it pretty safe to say that legally it would be KC's call as to whether or not the A's can do this? You would think.....??

How can the A's get the "Justice for Caylee" trademarked when they were not the legal guardians of Caylee and their daughter isn't even speaking to them, so even though KC is on trial, she's still presumed innocent until a verdict is handed down and she is still Caylee's mother, is it pretty safe to say that legally it would be KC's call as to whether or not the A's can do this? You would think.....??

Exactly.

I knew they were the ultra sue happy type. What happens if there is somebody out in the world with the same name who sells exclusive handcratfed things, then what? Are they going to sue them as well?
They are so full of hot air. We all will be sued next probably. Over usage of Caylee's name.

I think when they attach themselves to court proceedings/lawsuits, etc, it inflates their sense of importance and power.

The truly sad thing about all this is that George and Cindy Anthony are missing the opportunity they were actually given because of this sad tragedy. They had (and could still have maybe if they would start to tell the truth about their daughter) the rare opportunity to truly fight for the rights of Grand Parents in this country when they have a neglectful or incapable child raising a grandchild. We KNOW that this type of situation is occurring all over the country as we sit here with these grandparents and their antics. It takes a situation such as the one involving the murder of their grand baby at the hands of their daughter to really fight for and win legislation for changing the system and allowing (when warranted) Grandparents to intervene. That to me is the saddest part of how far this mess has gone awry.

Caylee was never missing, we all know that, but she was in the care of someone who should not have had her- and George and Cindy full well knew this. Stop feeling guilty about it already and make sure that it doesn't happen to the next poor innocent child! That will be honoring Caylee's memory and absolve them of the never ending cycle of guilt they are in- it is too late to save Caylee Marie, but they can be the catalyst to save someone else! Why don't these people get it?

I am tired of hearing how they are 'hated'- they have enough self hate for themselves to last a lifetime- they don't need it from me. I have lived horrific circumstances but I choose to reach out and help someone else... to help them have a better chance at a normal life, and when I do that I inadvertently help myself. There are people in this world today who suffer truly horrific, and unspeakable atrocities yet they find the strength to carry on and even help someone else. The Anthony's choose their life everyday- we don't- and those choices keep them locked in this sad and dysfunctional hamster wheel- they can choose at any moment to get off of it- I don't keep them there and I have every right to comment and have an opinion on their extremely public behavior.

I hope they figure it out and do the right thing, however at this time I am not holding my breath... I have too many people who love and count on me for support. Good luck to them with all of their 'suing'- evidently they'll need the money...

Wonderful post. Thank You

On ebay.com:

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/Casey-Anthony-Prosecution-Supporter-Justice-Haley-/180665178468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item6fc3d2078c"]Casey Anthony Prosecution Supporter Justice for Haley! | eBay[/ame]

They might actually sell one if they could get the victims name right.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-caylee-tradema20110517,0,5638136.story

Mark Lippman, the Anthonys' attorney, said he's sending cease-and-desist letters to the websites that sell Caylee products, including California-based CafePress.

On that website, you can find "Justice for Caylee" adult and children's T-shirts, shirts for dogs, and bumper stickers.

"We're sending out the letters and we're shutting everyone down," Lippman said.

Lippman said his efforts aren't targeting the items depicting Anthony — as he only represents her parents.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-caylee-tradema20110517,0,5638136.story

Mark Lippman, the Anthonys' attorney, said he's sending cease-and-desist letters to the websites that sell Caylee products, including California-based CafePress.

On that website, you can find "Justice for Caylee" adult and children's T-shirts, shirts for dogs, and bumper stickers.

"We're sending out the letters and we're shutting everyone down," Lippman said.

Lippman said his efforts aren't targeting the items depicting Anthony — as he only represents her parents.

What? (not you TruthSeeker, but Lippman)????

It's a wonder they aren't out trying to make a buck with Justice For Casey T-shirts -Oh right, no money to be made on that one, could be though.:floorlaugh:

I doubt any of these companies are going to shut anything down on account of a letter from an attorney repping only the grandparents! They should have thought before they thought this one up. Anybody can put Justice For Caylee on a shirt, doesn't mean it's that Caylee. Gee Whiz! There sure isn't any justice for Caylee in that house, just a sad attempt to make more ca ching.:loser:

If these T-shirt companies are already using the phrase how can the A's tell them to stop if they have not already filed for a trademark. Not that I agree with these companies but I believe if someone is already using the phrase the A's can only protect the picture. Right?

I have never agreed with the anthony's on anything. That being said, I think that anyone out there selling tshirts and buttons is just LOW. This is a baby that was killed and thrown out like trash. Regardless of who did it and the circus that has been created, and who created that circus, someone must protect her memory, and at this point, the only ones that can, are the ones that did. Whatever their motivation for it is, at this point, it was the right thing to do. all imo

The low person is the one who buys it. If there were no market there would be no shirts for the circus.

Maybe they should consider working? There is no way in hades they are not able to work at this point. They're in and out of court, threatening litigation against people - ALL of that is extremely stressful and taxing, and I think if they can do all these shenanigans, they are able to work.

I have not read the whole thread so please forgive me if this has been asked:

HOW IS THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS CIRCUS BOUND ARE THEY GOING TO SUE THEMSELVES??!!!

I think we're playing semantics here between the words compassion and empathy.

www.dictionary.com:

em·pa·thy   /ˈɛmpəθi/ Show Spelled
[em-puh-thee] Show IPA

–noun
1. the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

com·pas·sion   /kəmˈpæʃən/ Show Spelled
[kuhm-pash-uhn] Show IPA

–noun
1. a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

I have empathy for any grandparent that loses a grandchild, including the Anthony's. I can't feel compassion for them because at every turn, they have been dishonest, divisive and abusive. They have even proclaimed that their grandchild still lives after forensic DNA says otherwise.

A grief-stricken grandparent is allowed much leeway. But to be so disingenious and calculatingly subversive regarding investigations into their granddaughter's death over not days or months but years...that is another thing altogether. I don't feel hate, but I do believe that you reap what you sow. I fervently hope they will be held accountable for their actions in court in the near future.

Regarding the trademark issue, there is nothing on the U.S. Trademark website for "Justice for Caylee" or "Caylee Anthony". This appears to be another hyped up "shot across the bow" with absolutely no substance whatsoever.

I'm with Solace. If C & G did not try to stop people profiting off of their daughter, people would be saying they don't care. I'm not a fan of theirs by any means but I support their decision to do this. I think they're doing the right thing, if only to send a message prior to the trial starting. Whatever Cindy's failures as a mother, I believe she loved Caylee and was a good grandmother. If she doesn't do this and we all start to see a bunch of strangers exploiting Caylee & profiting, how will we feel then? We'd want someone to put a stop to it and who can do that except Cindy? JMO.

I'm with Solace. If C & G did not try to stop people profiting off of their daughter, people would be saying they don't care. I'm not a fan of theirs by any means but I support their decision to do this. I think they're doing the right thing, if only to send a message prior to the trial starting. Whatever Cindy's failures as a mother, I believe she loved Caylee and was a good grandmother. If she doesn't do this and we all start to see a bunch of strangers exploiting Caylee & profiting, how will we feel then? We'd want someone to put a stop to it and who can do that except Cindy? JMO.

The problem is the shirt says "Justice for Caylee" and it is too generic for them to have a claim. It could be any Caylee. If there were a picture it would be more specific. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back