April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

Status
Not open for further replies.
JA on the 911 call was extremely credible.,,,ditto on the stand
Why would she risk felony charges to falsely implicate Brad?

CC was very nervous on the stand. She was asked under cross about the conversation she had with NC the morning of 7/11 at 5AM. She was interviewed by police on 7/12 and *never* mentioned anything about the paint plans NC "allegedly" had with JA. It wasn't until August that she finally told police that yes, at 5AM of Friday 7/11, NC told her she had plans to paint at JA's the next day. The problem is, JA and NC supposedly did not make those arrangements until the evening of 7/11. WHY would she withhold that information the day Nancy went missing? This is very suspicious.

Her saying that she was unable to run on Saturday may not have seemed like a big deal to her. They asked her if they ran on Saturday. And again, the plans have to start with someone. If I'm planning to go out to dinner tomorrow night with my dad I'm not going to make plans with someone else. My friend calls and says, "Do you want to come over and play cards?" and I say, "No, I'm planning to have dinner with my dad." That doesn't mean my dad knows about it yet but I'm not going to make plans with someone else when MY plan is to have dinner with my dad.

I am really trying to figure out if JA is lying about painting then why would she lie, what she she benefit out of worrying about her friend at 9am and calling the cops at 1pm? Interesting theory but I would like to know why, I just don't see the need to confirm and reconfirm a bunch of times that someone is coming over.

No one wants to do hard labor like painting even if its for money, but people (like NC) had to do it because she needs the money and then really knew she needed help organizing so they were trying to do a favor for a favor.

You must have missed the part where I said this was not going to be for money. It was a swap. Painting in exchange for organizing.

The reason: I think JA knew that NC was meeting someone that morning and she initially was covering for her.

Her saying that she was unable to run on Saturday may not have seemed like a big deal to her. They asked her if they ran on Saturday. And again, the plans have to start with someone. If I'm planning to go out to dinner tomorrow night with my dad I'm not going to make plans with someone else. My friend calls and says, "Do you want to come over and play cards?" and I say, "No, I'm planning to have dinner with my dad." That doesn't mean my dad knows about it yet but I'm not going to make plans with someone else when MY plan is to have dinner with my dad.

Why didn't she tell police that she spoke to NC on the 11th (morning) and NC told her of the painting plans on that very day (the 12th). How could you NOT mention that?

Sunshine

Just curious, have you found anything at all you find suspicious about Brad's behavior?
Sorry, but it is obvious you are not the least bit objective in your analysis.

You must have missed the part where I said this was not going to be for money. It was a swap. Painting in exchange for organizing.

The reason: I think JA knew that NC was meeting someone that morning and she initially was covering for her.

Then why would she blame BC for her disappearance and not the real person NC was suppose to meet? If she was a real friend wouldn't she want to have the real killer come to justice?

Oh, about the money, I knew it was the 1st time for money 2nd time for trade.. I was just talking about both times in my statement.. I think she felt she mentioned it needed to be painted (as JA stated on the stand) but then maybe did not feel like doing it.. but still wanted help organizing.. so she was going to do it anyways.. we all do that... do lots of things we don't really "want" to do..

I took from Krista's testimony was that Nancy was tired of painting when it was obvious it wasn't going to be the benefit she thought it would be. When she thought she was going to receive EXTRA money for it, it was worth it. When Brad deducted the money from her allowance, it wasn't that much worth it anymore. IF - and this is a really big if - IF I were to think JA lied about anything it would be that she lied to say she would do exchange work to organize when in reality she was going to pay Nancy all along. I think that IF there's a lie there, it is that she and Nancy cooked up the exchange story and JA was secretly to pay Nancy instead. Remember how Krista testified that when she wanted to give money to Nancy that Nancy begged her not to and said "you get to leave and I don't - I have to stay here, and have to deal with the repercussions" - or words to that effect. I could see lying about the exchange for work just so that Brad would not deduct money from Nancy's allowance.

I am going to have to wait for closing arguments..for the pros to put it all together for me. I have no doubt that he did it. I can't figure out if she was getting dressed or undressed at the time of death. I want to hear the computer evidence

I am very anxious about hearing closing arguments.
I wonder how much longer until they rest and the defense starts.
If they are still going, I may go to court one morning week of April 19th.. omg imagine if I got to hear closing!

Why didn't she tell police that she spoke to NC on the 11th (morning) and NC told her of the painting plans on that very day (the 12th). How could you NOT mention that?

Why? She was contacted and asked if she had seen Nancy because Nancy was supposedly running with her that morning and now Nancy is missing. I have to believe that was a tremendous shock! How would you answer that question? My first thought would be, "What do you mean she's missing?" I have to believe that would be rather shocking and your mind would go numb. I read her affidavit and I was quite surprised at the brevity. I have to believe that she had a very difficult time with all of this, including her time on the stand.

I took from Krista's testimony was that Nancy was tired of painting when it was obvious it wasn't going to be the benefit she thought it would be. When she thought she was going to receive EXTRA money for it, it was worth it. When Brad deducted the money from her allowance, it wasn't that much worth it anymore. IF - and this is a really big if - IF I were to think JA lied about anything it would be that she lied to say she would do exchange work to organize when in reality she was going to pay Nancy all along. I think that IF there's a lie there, it is that she and Nancy cooked up the exchange story and JA was secretly to pay Nancy instead. Remember how Krista testified that when she wanted to give money to Nancy that Nancy begged her not to and said "you get to leave and I don't - I have to stay here, and have to deal with the repercussions" - or words to that effect. I could see lying about the exchange for work just so that Brad would not deduct money from Nancy's allowance.

I like your thoughts on this.. definitely.. but the gig was up when she died and JA was on the stand, why would she just say that then.. that she needed to hide giving NC money because she was worried BC wouldn't give her the allowance again? it would actually made BC look worse like they were afraid of him and had to cook up the "trade" thing.

JA on the 911 call was extremely credible.,,,ditto on the stand
Why would she risk felony charges to falsely implicate Brad?

She was either covering for NC (initially at least) or she was way more involved than any of us could possibly fathom.

Hypothetically - what if NC had a rendezvous and JA knew of it? She couldn't reach her and panicked. She called the home. BC answered. She didn't tell him about the paint plans because there never were any (it was not even on her calendar). JA got panicky since she couldn't reach Nancy. She finally called police and couldn't just say "I'm worried about my friend, no real reason". instead she said "My friend was expected here to paint at 8AM and never showed" Much more credible. The only problem was JA didn't know that BC had already made tennis plans w/MH and NC knew about them. MH confronted her so she stuck to her story to save face.

She was either covering for NC (initially at least) or she was way more involved than any of us could possibly fathom.

Hypothetically - what if NC had a rendezvous and JA knew of it? She couldn't reach her and panicked. She called the home. BC answered. She didn't tell him about the paint plans because there never were any (it was not even on her calendar). JA got panicky since she couldn't reach Nancy. She finally called police and couldn't just say "I'm worried about my friend, no real reason". instead she said "My friend was expected here to paint at 8AM and never showed" Much more credible. The only problem was JA didn't know that BC had already made tennis plans w/MH and NC knew about them. MH confronted her so she stuck to her story to save face.

I thought she did tell Brad that she had expected Nancy at her house that morning. And if she was aware that Nancy was meeting up with someone and was covering for her, why would she panic at 9 a.m.?

ETA: I don't believe that Nancy really knew or approved of any plans to play tennis and Brad knows that. Brad said that MH asked him about playing tennis while he was at the Duncan's but they didn't confirm a time. Nancy was there while MH and Brad were discussing these tennis plans but MH waits until Brad leaves to "ask Nancy's permission". Nancy doesn't speak but dials a number and hands the phone to MH. He and Brad make plans (which could have been done while Brad was still there). Do you think it's possible that Nancy was calling Brad's bluff and preparing him for shared custody? She had the girls for the previous two weekends while Brad was free to do whatever he wanted. Whether she exaggerated or not, she didn't feel like he did much in terms of taking care of the house while she was gone. We have heard that he was on "kid duty" at the Friday night party. I think the whole weekend was HIS weekend to take care of the kids and she passed off the responsibility of telling MH that Brad couldn't play tennis because Brad had to be a dad for the weekend. That's my take on that whole exchange.

Why? She was contacted and asked if she had seen Nancy because Nancy was supposedly running with her that morning and now Nancy is missing. I have to believe that was a tremendous shock! How would you answer that question? My first thought would be, "What do you mean she's missing?" I have to believe that would be rather shocking and your mind would go numb. I read her affidavit and I was quite surprised at the brevity. I have to believe that she had a very difficult time with all of this, including her time on the stand.

No, my mind wouldn't have gone numb. For all CC knew NC could have been having coffee somewhere. She should have said "I spoke to her yesterday morning and she said she was planning to paint at JA's this morning" BUT she didn't. That is not easily dismissed, IMO.

I thought she did tell Brad that she had expected Nancy at her house that morning. And if she was aware that Nancy was meeting up with someone and was covering for her, why would she panic at 9 a.m.?

Don't think red is true

Good point on the rest

She specifically did not tell BC Nancy was supposed to meet her that morning. I believe she panicked at 9 am because she was either expecting a phone call with details about the morning activities or she already knew what had happened.

I like your thoughts on this.. definitely.. but the gig was up when she died and JA was on the stand, why would she just say that then.. that she needed to hide giving NC money because she was worried BC wouldn't give her the allowance again? it would actually made BC look worse like they were afraid of him and had to cook up the "trade" thing.

Yeah, idk, except that she kept up "their" story in those first few days because the hope was that she would be found alive and well - and then in my mind she felt that she shouldn't change her story after Nancy's body was found because then it WOULD look like she lied and it seemed easier to just let that story be the story (?). That is a hiccup in my theory on the painting, I guess. I have tossed it around in my mind a lot though and I just keep thinking the exchange work was a cover so that Brad would not know she got paid and she would be able to keep the money, plus get her allowance. Maybe she really was trying to hoard some money for a move. I've always thought the "pedicure" story was a fabrication of Nancy's to make BC think she was spending money when she was hoarding it all along. I'm sure if she were hoarding money, he found it in her personal items and no one else in the world will ever know.

I have had a question that I can not resolve and no one has been able to clear it up for me. Maybe somebody else has some good thoughts to throw out there. Here is my question:
If nancy were on vacation the last week of June, first week of July and didn't get home until Sunday, did she get the allowance for the Friday that she was on vacation? And then if BC didn't give her the allowance on the 11th, is that two weeks in a row Nancy did not get the allowance? And if she knew he was deducting the $240 from the allowance, when did she find this out - the Tuesday she painted or Wed. or Thurs.?

She specifically did not tell BC Nancy was supposed to meet her that morning. I believe she panicked at 9 am because she was either expecting a phone call with details about the morning activities or she already knew what had happened.

Yea, she suspected Brad killed her

She didn't tell BC until the 2nd time they talked. She would have possibly gotten panicky at 9 because NC's rendezvous would have been at 7 and she was unable to reach her.

Unless, there was something more to this. Why did JA implicate BC in the disappearance of his wife when there was no history of abuse? Is that not odd to anyone? Why did she jump straight to something sinister? Why not...maybe she is hurt, maybe she stopped for coffee, is at a neighbors...no. She implicated BC in something...why? Is it possible she knew something? What do we know about this woman? Was she possibly covering for someone? Why do we 100% trust her? Why should we? She clearly lied about the painting plans. Why?!

No, my mind wouldn't have gone numb. For all CC knew NC could have been having coffee somewhere. She should have said "I spoke to her yesterday morning and she said she was planning to paint at JA's this morning" BUT she didn't. That is not easily dismissed, IMO.

Do you know what time they got in touch with CC on that Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member