GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

I feel the same way.

I wonder if she was reporting on something or some story that someone didn't like. Or didn't agree with or reported on another crime that could be linked to who did this?

If it was a robbery gone awry there would be more missing than the purse. Also the house would have been wrecked. I also think that if was a stalker he would have taken more than the purse. Clothes perhaps, perfumes. I am thinking it was someone she knew who was angry with her and they tried to make it look like a robbery. My prayers are with Ms Pressly and her family.

I do not agree with that, at least based on the known evidence.

Nobody is brutalizing this woman for her pocket book, I sense rage, and impulse, unplanned.

I have just read lately about so many people that were viciously attacked and even murdered by people they didn't even know that I no longer believe crimes like this shows it has to be someone that knew her.

Some of these ruthless killers have such internal rage that they take it out on their victims whether they know them or not.

I think he may have seen her come in from the birthday party then waited and knocked on her door and due to her living in a very nice neighborhood where she felt safe, she opened the door. She most likely tried to fight him back and he beat her senseless because she dared to come up against him. Then he took her purse after he had beaten and degraded her and left.

imoo

That hospital will be in lockdown in the area where Anne is. BTW the word is that she wasn't stabbed, she was beaten with a blunt object. Some blunt force wounds will split and look like lacerations.

I'm going with the stalker/rapist perpetrator. He most likely had been watching and took advantage of her letting the dogs out at night. I'm hoping she will remember and identify her attacker.

I've been following this horrific attack on Fox News, and have read/watched the media reports here. In one of the video reports it states that her purse and other items were taken.

The fact that the two dogs were found wandering outside makes me wonder if she was just returning home from a late night walking of the dogs, and was attacked as she came to the front door. The dogs may have never made it back inside the house and were left to wander.

It sounds like a robbery by someone who is very angry and extremely violent. It's very fortunate that Anne's mother was concerned about her not responding to her usual wake up call, and she went to investigate.

I hope Anne Pressly fully recovers, and can tell LE what happened and give a description of her attacker.

As Steve's write up states "Anne Pressly, age 26, was found in her own bed by her mom early Monday morning. Pressly's mother typically gives her a wake-up call and she became concerned when her daughter didn't answer. "
I wondering if the early morning wake-up calls are what saved her life. When the phone started ringing it scared the attacker and they left. I am thinking that this wasn't some quick entry but a long drawn out attack through the night.

Since she was upgraded to stable, it is possible she is already talking. The problem may come from her having no memory of the attack especially since she was beaten so severely. Evidence will still tell the tale, but will take some time to sort through it.

I don't get that it was a random attack either. Their suspect list is the entire viewing audience, the neighbors, people from the party, people working the party, and others. This doesn't narrow it down to random to me unless they had a similiar attack they are going on. I can't imagine a man could beat her so severely and he got out without a scratch on him. She looks like a fighter to me unless he dropped her immediately.

It does sound like a sexual assault and I have a feeling they won't release any details on that because she is a public figure.

I say give the poor man the same coverage and go after both attacks in the press. Could they be related? Probably not, but they need to find the perps in both cases.

Since she was upgraded to stable, it is possible she is already talking. The problem may come from her having no memory of the attack especially since she was beaten so severely. Evidence will still tell the tale, but will take some time to sort through it.

I don't get that it was a random attack either. Their suspect list is the entire viewing audience, the neighbors, people from the party, people working the party, and others. This doesn't narrow it down to random to me unless they had a similiar attack they are going on. I can't imagine a man could beat her so severely and he got out without a scratch on him. She looks like a fighter to me unless he dropped her immediately.

It does sound like a sexual assault and I have a feeling they won't release any details on that because she is a public figure.

I say give the poor man the same coverage and go after both attacks in the press. Could they be related? Probably not, but they need to find the perps in both cases.

Which other attack?

It was stated on NG last night, their were no obvious signs of sexual assault.
3 things: celebrity stalker, scorned lover, or random.

I am leaning towards a scorned lover and hope Anne recovers fully and is able to tell LE what happened.

The dogs were let out, and her mom probably saved her life finding her so early.
I would think this young woman would live in a gated community with better security.

If it was a robbery gone awry there would be more missing than the purse. Also the house would have been wrecked. I also think that if was a stalker he would have taken more than the purse. Clothes perhaps, perfumes. I am thinking it was someone she knew who was angry with her and they tried to make it look like a robbery. My prayers are with Ms Pressly and her family.

I agree. It doesn't make sense for it to be a robbery. Wouldn't they steal more than a purse? If someone was stalking her, I would think they would rape her. Beating her nearly to death and taking her purse, really does sound like someone that knew her and wanted to make it look like a robbery. Just my opinion and I certainly could be wrong.

I live in Little Rock and this has already happened to all of the news agencies here because a black person was killed in a poor neighborhood the same night and very little information was covered by any of the news sources.
This is the other attack, Blink. I don't any particulars on it, but maybe Beaglebrd could help us out here.

In spite of what was stated on NG, I don't think LE will release that information if she was sexually assaulted in any way.

This is the other attack, Blink. I don't any particulars on it, but maybe Beaglebrd could help us out here.

In spite of what was stated on NG, I don't think LE will release that information if she was sexually assaulted in any way.

Gotcha, thanks. I agree with you, no way will they release that information nor should they.

The dogs were outside, no break in, brutally violent attack - I just dont see any random here at all. Safe, well populated neighborhood.

This other attack was nothing like Anne's. I hate to say it, but it just sounded like the run of the mill drug deal gone bad or whatever when folks shoot each other. It was in a known drug area. People are always upset if their story doesn't get press...just like there are thousands of missing children and they get no media and the Anthony case is covered all over.

There was NO other attack anything like Anne Pressly's in LR anytime lately or anytime that I can remember. Our Democratic party chair was shot and killed at Democratic Headquarters not long before the convention by some crazy man. But that was not related to this.

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2008/10/the_naked_city.aspx#comments

I hope they get the person on video and I hope it's a good picture. The fact that she was in bed and there was no sign of forced entry is odd. Was she in bed? Or am I getting cases mixed up?

I hope they get the person on video and I hope it's a good picture. The fact that she was in bed and there was no sign of forced entry is odd. Was she in bed? Or am I getting cases mixed up?

All reports say she was found in her bed.

Thanks, I got confused there for a moment.

It was stated on NG last night, their were no obvious signs of sexual assault.

Obviously, they are not going to publicize that a sexual assault took place. I believe that the media and authorities typically have respect for victims who survive versus those who don't. This is very similar to victims who survive rape and/or sexual assault. Newspapers typically only provide initials and not the victim's name.

I'd be willing to be this was a stalker, the crime was sexually motivated, and the purse was taken for a token or trophy.

I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back