GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #13

Mr Carter was already concerned, but a string of strange messages received in the early hours of Friday morning really caused him to panic.
“All of a sudden I received three texts in a row,” he told local station THV11.
“One said, ‘Yes’, then she sent another that said, ‘My phone’s low. The battery’s down, and I’ll call you whenever I get signal.’ ... And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said, ‘Oh, I’m out drinking with some friends.’”
The last message confirmed to Carl that something weird was going on. His wife of 35 years is ‘not a drinker’. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...e/news-story/9943787a88db2d15868f700635e79755

^^^^ This says as others said that the texts went to Carl Carter sr. Beverly Husband, but on the stand BR testified that SHE rec'd the texts.

She testified she was coming home from a charity even and had left her phone in the car. First became aware something wrong at 920 pm. Said she looked at her phone and had rec'd a text from someone saying there was a problem, that couldn't find Beverly.

Yes I think there was some def some confusion but as they said in testimony, there was a search warrant out for a guy and his and his parents address was searched. Search warrant mentions gray truck and a tan Ford Taurus

Link to the man in the story you posted long ago http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...e/news-story/9943787a88db2d15868f700635e79755

From my post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...014-13-A-Lewis-GUILTY&p=12295886#post12295886

SO evidently there WERE other vehicles seen at the home :thinking: Witness JoAnn Butler only looked out twice once as she was opening the window shades and again when closing them. So she wasnt sitting there watching out the windows (according to her testimony)

SO... Wonder what if anything those other witnesses who saw another vehicle saw? Did they talk to AL? Darn it Inquiring minds want to know. **Heard no testimony where the alleged gray truck or tan Ford Taurus was allegedly parked or how long. Very possible they were seen earlier in the day. JMHO

I have NO idea how these type of things works, but when that whole part about the gray truck and the tan Ford Taurus came up, the thought that was wondering through my head during the testimony was that I wondered if some of the family, coworkers or friends are the ones that got confused with ALL that info that was flying around and reported those two vehicles to police, which caused the search warrant to be issued? Or maybe another neighbor reported seeing them, but they were at the wrong house? Not he kidnap house? I just wonder if it was as simple as someone got their wires crossed?

The neighbor lady across the street struck me as a quite reliable witness. I guess it's possible that those two other cars could have been there and gone without her seeing every seeing them, but my gut tells me the only two cars that were ever in the driveway that night was AL's black car and Beverly's Cadillac. 4 cars in that driveway would have been a lot! You would think more neighbors would have noticed...kwim?

Mr Carter was already concerned, but a string of strange messages received in the early hours of Friday morning really caused him to panic.
“All of a sudden I received three texts in a row,” he told local station THV11.
“One said, ‘Yes’, then she sent another that said, ‘My phone’s low. The battery’s down, and I’ll call you whenever I get signal.’ ... And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said, ‘Oh, I’m out drinking with some friends.’”
The last message confirmed to Carl that something weird was going on. His wife of 35 years is ‘not a drinker’. http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...e/news-story/9943787a88db2d15868f700635e79755

^^^^ This says as others said that the texts went to Carl Carter sr. Beverly Husband, but on the stand BR testified that SHE rec'd the texts.

She testified she was coming home from a charity even and had left her phone in the car. First became aware something wrong at 920 pm. Said she looked at her phone and had rec'd a text from someone saying there was a problem, that couldn't find Beverly.

I wasn't clear on that either. I think they may have BOTH received text messages. I know I saw Carl, Sr. hold up his phone and show the texts to one of the news people early on. I also know that I saw an interview early on with Carl Jr. that said they *both* received the texts at the same time. Boom, boom, boom...one after the other. He said they were sitting in the same room when they came in....so I know they got texts, too. But that doesn't mean that Brenda didn't also receive some texts. I'm sure they were all texting her.

I wonder if it was a "group text" that AL sent out to everyone that had been texting her. CCsr, CCjr and Ms. Rhodes? Everyone received the same replies all at the same time?

I wasn't clear on that either. I think they may have BOTH received text messages. I know I saw Carl, Sr. hold up his phone and show the texts to one of the news people early on. I also know that I saw an interview early on with Carl Jr. that said they *both* received the texts at the same time. Boom, boom, boom...one after the other. He said they were sitting in the same room when they came in....so I know they got texts, too. But that doesn't mean that Brenda didn't also receive some texts. I'm sure they were all texting her.

I wonder if it was a "group text" that AL sent out to everyone that had been texting her. CCsr, CCjr and Ms. Rhodes? Everyone received the same replies all at the same time?

The other thing that stands out is if they started the "tour" of the house around 5:30-6, it is very bold of him to be there with her for so long, and what took so long? Ms. Butler saw the black car backed up to the house around 7. I realize those are all estimated times, though. They probably toured the whole downstairs, then he made the zap sound with the taser (I have one, and they are very loud and startling) as she started walking upstairs. It just seems like he must have been in a big hurry not to go get that purse before taking off. Maybe it wasn't until they got to where they were going that she told him it was in her SUV.

The group message makes sense.

Do I remember correctly that CL said the original plan was to hold Beverly at Argos for 10 days for ransom?

Does anyone think they hung onto her phone, and if he hadn't been caught or the body found, they would have tried to find a way to get reward $ for providing info? Maybe setting up TM or KS (the one whose parents home was searched)?

I still find it hard to believe that in that small community they would have ever let her go with her having seen his face. CL had ties there, so it's not like they were going off in the sunset to Mexico with the $100k.

Does anyone believe CL that she agreed to the scheme to get $ for AL (along with half to her, of course), so he would move out? Surely she would have stayed with him at least till his half was gone (about six months, based on his last windfall of $60k).

Does anyone think they hung onto her phone, and if he hadn't been caught or the body found, they would have tried to find a way to get reward $ for providing info? Maybe setting up TM or KS (the one whose parents home was searched)?

I still find it hard to believe that in that small community they would have ever let her go with her having seen his face. CL had ties there, so it's not like they were going off in the sunset to Mexico with the $100k.

Does anyone believe CL that she agreed to the scheme to get $ for AL (along with half to her, of course), so he would move out? Surely she would have stayed with him at least till his half was gone (about six months, based on his last windfall of $60k).

BBM. She might have thought to herself at the time that's what she wanted (remember the Instagram catfight?), but IMO no way they were going to split up permanently. Heck, even after all of this she says she STILL has feelings for him!!! Wha?

I have NO idea how these type of things works, but when that whole part about the gray truck and the tan Ford Taurus came up, the thought that was wondering through my head during the testimony was that I wondered if some of the family, coworkers or friends are the ones that got confused with ALL that info that was flying around and reported those two vehicles to police, which caused the search warrant to be issued? Or maybe another neighbor reported seeing them, but they were at the wrong house? Not he kidnap house? I just wonder if it was as simple as someone got their wires crossed?

The neighbor lady across the street struck me as a quite reliable witness. I guess it's possible that those two other cars could have been there and gone without her seeing every seeing them, but my gut tells me the only two cars that were ever in the driveway that night was AL's black car and Beverly's Cadillac. 4 cars in that driveway would have been a lot! You would think more neighbors would have noticed...kwim?

I just looked back at my notes, and lol you will understand this giggling.... It was just prior the the side bar (approach to the Judge by Attorneys) <that then the whole LADY FROM CALI ;) ended the first day of trial .....

But anywho.. Lee Short was questioning Inv Allison and said "1st day was black car (which Joann Butler said they knocked on her door and woke her up around 1230ish am on would be then Friday 9/26/2014)

Lee Short questioned Inv Drew Evans (now SA at AG office) Short said that few days later when Evans drafted the Search Warrants for phone records there was no where listed about the gray truck and tan Ford Taurus only thing mentioned was black car"

Short going on stated Evans first had heard about the gray truck and tan Ford Taurus and not black car, Evans responded : correct.

That was end of that testimony and was listed by Defense as RECALL witness...

Thepoint I THINK the Def was trying to make was that no one knew about the other vehicles. Which as you say could have added to the confusion of all at the time. jmho

And I agree on the lady across the street, she appeared believable and honest to me. She just happen to look out those two times and was in the right time frame. I cant remember if she said there was or wasn't a realtor sign in the yard. I do remember her saying that it was 2nd time it had been listed and first time saw anyone showing the home.

Still odd that man in the truck saying he saw the gray truck and a male there, that was very early on, the interview I mean. But could have been as I said earlier could been earlier in day. Coincidence JMHO

Very possible. I just saying that what SHE testified to. But like ya say on those reports they show something else. BUT having said that. I dont trust media as much as I use to lmao ;) JMHO

The other thing that stands out is if they started the "tour" of the house around 5:30-6, it is very bold of him to be there with her for so long, and what took so long? Ms. Butler saw the black car backed up to the house around 7. I realize those are all estimated times, though. They probably toured the whole downstairs, then he made the zap sound with the taser (I have one, and they are very loud and startling) as she started walking upstairs. It just seems like he must have been in a big hurry not to go get that purse before taking off. Maybe it wasn't until they got to where they were going that she told him it was in her SUV.

The group message makes sense.

** NOTE: that info about what happen in the house and so forth I KNOW was on the interview that was later deemed illegal since AL had asked for an attorney (and Officer Roy put it in his report as AL have asking, so not just AL saying it on that) but a lot of what was said about at that house came from that interview. They got A LOT of info from that interview. Like him going back to the abduction house and getting stopped. Witness SGT Vernon (didnt catch his last name) have 15 yrs at PCSO and 5 at England PD. He was Sgt over Patrol on 9/25/2014. He testified that on 9/29/1014 *dated AL was arrested and gave his interview* that Sgt Blaine contacted him and asked him if he had stopped a silver suv on 9/26/2014... after looking at picture of the suspect AL he realized that was the same person and at that time wrote a report on the incident.

CL also testified about the taser and said that she didnt know how to use it. They had the taser, unsure where they obtained it from though.... :thinking: Now that I think about it I not sure if I remember them saying where they did get it. JMHO I wonder if that was some discovery in CL case?

Originally Posted by 111addict View Post

BBM. She might have thought to herself at the time that's what she wanted (remember the Instagram catfight?), but IMO no way they were going to split up permanently. Heck, even after all of this she says she STILL has feelings for him!!! Wha?
NO way to I believe that mess. I also believe that CL was way more involved than what she was letting on to be. At one point and I sorry, I did laugh under my breath she said she was smart when being cross examined by Bill James. It was a defense tactic lol or looked like to be.

CL said they thought about various professions where people work alone.. NOW DONT ANYONE THROW ANYTHING AT ME... but this made me giggle.... professions she 2 of were.... AVON LADY AND MAILMAN.... Maybe an Avon Lady does make good money but not enough for ransom if that her job alone JMHO ;)

And thats another reason that I dont believe CL story as being all there is... its too far out there, NONE of it made any sense. Not that I think kidnapping and killing someone does but :scared:

OH for what its worth.... AL said he and CL were together when CL got her boob job.

*and for clarifications... CL boob job was to enlarge, whereas the surgery BC had was a breast reduction.

Do I remember correctly that CL said the original plan was to hold Beverly at Argos for 10 days for ransom?

CL testified that she and AL went out and looked at the Argos shop (where AL eventually buried her

OH for what its worth.... AL said he and CL were together when CL got her boob job.

*and for clarifications... CL boob job was to enlarge, whereas the surgery BC had was a breast reduction.
I forgot about that. Didn't he say he took care of her during her recovery?

CL testimony my notes CL on stand at 1/14/2016 2nd day of Trial 1:50pm wearing glasses JMHO

PROS Direct

Pros: where do you live
Lowery: Newport (prison)
Pros: Relationship to Def and asked her to identify AL
Lowery: married over a year and points to AL and decribes his shirt
Pros: where did you meet
Lowery: Craigslist
Pros: did you assist in Kidnapping Beverly Carter
Lowery: no
Pros: agree to kill her
Lowery: yes
Pros: aware cops involved
Pros: did you have a chance to release Beverly Carter
Pros: who killed Beverly Carter
Lowery: Arron Lewis
Pros: Anyone else involved in kidnapping and killing Beverly Carter?
Lowery: No
Pros: did you enter a nego plea?
Pros: what was it
Lowery: 1st degree Murder and Kidnapping
Pros: sentence
Lowery: 30 yrs
Pros: how old are you
Lowery: 43
Pros: any priors
Lowery: no never been in trouble
Pros: did you and def text numerous times planning the kidnapping of Beverly Carter
Lowery: Yes

STATES EXHIBIT #40 Text messages between AL and CL from my notes JMHO

Pros: who is Arron (hard to understand if asked Arron S or Arron X)
Lowery: Arron Lewis listed that way in CL phone
Pros: who is the service provider that AL texting from
Lowery: ATT
Pros: whose name is the service listed
Lowery: Crystal Lowery
Pros: does it have a passcode
Pros: do you know the passcode
Lowery: no
Pros: did you delete texts
Pros: Did you think you had
Pros: whose idea was it to Kidnapp and Randsom
Lowery: Arron Lewis
Pros: why
Lowery: needed money, I had asked him to move out 2 weeks prior to kidnapping
Pros: why help him if you had asked him to move out
Lowery: he needed money
Pros: what kind of victim
Lowery: female that worked alone
Pros: what was the plan
Lowery: was going to do it electronic, AL was going to make credit cards with machine they got. Spouse would set up account at bank, and send AL the account #
She said the 1st time she took AL and dropped him off in West Little Rock. AL was going to watch the schedule of who lived there. AL had been there before when he poured concrete for a pool that was being put in on Chenal. I dropped him off on the side of the road. I went on to my medical orientation and to a nursing home.
Texted that day about that house.

***this is my notes writing as fast as to my ability and not stating that I caught everything exactly, but again to the best of my ability. JMHO

Continued CL Testimony Pros Direct
Texted that day about that house.
9/17/2014 1030am
CL: whats up
AL: first one
AL: just checking in
CL: ok
AL: first one has tons of cameras
CL: big houses usually do
: more options
AL: *advertiser censored** this getting old. So ready to do this .. love the adriedilin
PROS: what type woman was a good target?
CL: working alone Professional, ideas: real estate agent, Avon, mailman...
Pros: any in specific
CL: Real estate sounded like what he wanted, make alot of money, married
Pros: who did research online
CL: Arron Lewis
Pros: did he find one
CL: yes Beverly Carter, he looked at her Facebook looked at her pictures, pictures of her and her family
Pros: where were you at
CL: home
Pros: on computer
CL: yes
Pros: passcode (for internet)
CL: yes both had access
CL: Arron looked at her professional page, said she was a Broker. (CL said she didnt know what a Broker was)
Pros: what was your role
CL: had no contact with her (Beverly Carter)
Pros: why
CL: didnt want to be involved as much
PLAN:
Identify self, Arron called on the phne. CL spoke to BC. Names Steve and Crystal Adams
Pros: Why Steve
CL: his alias
Pros: why Crystal
CL: common name
Pros: Adams
CL: not sure
PLAN: Big house away from others, easier for AL to abduct her, keep her at Argo office in Cabot where he did training. Both AL and CL went and checked it out.

Again JMHO best of my ability not taking

9/25/2014
Both AL and CL spoke with Beverly Carter from AL phone.
Pros: from the Textme App
CL: I dont know Textme App was on that phone
Pros: how did you know the number
CL: she didnt know Beverly Carter number
Pros: knew email?
CL: Arron Lewis emailed her
Phone convo 9/25/2014 first time CL said she talk to Beverly Carter
Pros: why did you agree to talk to Beverly Carter
CL: if I talk to her, she knows that they are married.
CL says this was around 4pm and she was rushing out the door to go to clinicals (said clinicals were 4- 10:00 10:30pm)
Pros: where did AL go
CL: when i was at clinicals got text from AL saying "taking off"
CL: at 840pm rec'd a photo text of Beverly Carter in the trunk, on her side, facing the front of car. Had green tape on her wrist behind her back and tape on her face
Pros : what did you do
CL: deleted it
Pros: what car?
CL: Arron Lewis black car
Pros: Did you call the police?
CL: No
Pros: why?
CL: I didnt because I didnt want to get caught

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online