GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #13

jmho: This whole thing angers me all over again. Because of not following Law and Procedures, there was a ton of stuff that got thrown out. I have no idea what the grounds will be on the Appeal. As I stated long time back, how this case ends up will it have any effect on the Appeal?
This same LEO Defendant Jackson Bennett, there was another suit filed with him and 3/4 other officers and John Johnson as other Defendants. In that case allegedly Bill James took pictures of handcuffs put on extra tight. This was for the Oct hearing.

Officer Roy- in his report, no stated wanted an attorney not needing medical.
Officer Nellis- not need medical at apartments where arrested only complaint glass in head
James Hensley- letter (faxed at 1:20pm)
Prob more subpoenas later but this from Sarah Speer shows when they got call to take AL to UAMS. (3:30pm)
James Hensley letter Oct 1 2014 fax recd 1330 .jpgJames Hensley letter Oct 1 2014.JPGLRPD Officer Cedric Roy affidavit depo .JPGLRPD Officer Cedric Roy affidavit depo 2 .JPGLRPD Officer Cedric Roy affidavit.JPG

:phone: My mom calls me few minutes ago...." I was reading the paper and have you seen who looking for a PenPal?
Me: No, who?
Mom: Can't tell you look on front page of classifides :giggle:
Me: Okay, since she was :giggle: of course I figured it was ole Mr. Letter writer himself.....
So out to get my Arkansas Democrat Gazette to see as she won't tell me.... :findinglink: ........:silly: .........
NOPE, Not Arron Lewis .....but ......Crystal Lowery is back to placing ads :giggle: thought I would share :giggle: View attachment 88813
At least she is keeping her clothes on in :jail: Saw things on her naughty site I wish I hadnt seen. jmo.

I am wondering if AL's iPhone is part of Apples lawsuit. I know the Carter family has spoken about the phone and potentially life saving data that could have been used. Do we know anything on that issue?

Tragic Central AR case to featured Fri on @DatelineNBC #ARNews @_ShannonMiller @carl_carter_jr https://t.co/vIYvsv6ZoV

[video=twitter;712394851245895681]https://twitter.com/AustinKellerman/status/712394851245895681[/video]

Beverly's story is going to be on Dateline. Hopefully it's not another all about Arron show and they focus on Beverly!

'Dateline NBC' to air episode on Realtor Beverly Carter's kidnapping, killing
Story by Brandon Riddle
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Dateline NBC this week will feature a story on the death of slain Realtor Beverly Carter and the conviction of her killer, Arron Lewis, according to a news director for the network's Little Rock affiliate.
In a tweet Tuesday evening, KARK-TV News Director Austin Kellerman posted a 14-second network promo for the episode set to air at 9 p.m. Friday.
The promo features Carter's husband, Carl Carter Sr., and KARK reporter Shannon Miller, who was called to to testify during Lewis' trial in January after a jailhouse interview she conducted with Lewis.
Within about an hour of deliberation, a jury of nine women and three men handed down a unanimous guilty verdict on charges of capital murder and kidnapping in Carter's slaying.
Lewis was sentenced to two live terms in prison, both to be served consecutively.
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/20...verly-carters-k/?latest#.VvK2tNR4IUQ.facebook

[video=twitter;712668153214582784]https://twitter.com/HuffmanLiving/status/712668153214582784[/video]

David Huffman, CRS
‏@HuffmanLiving
NBC's story on Beverly Carter will be on this Friday night... http://fb.me/9bGfLPBzJ
10:51 AM - 23 Mar 2016
Carl Carter with Chad Carter and Kim Carter.
40 mins ·

·
Miss my mama.
Our family has spent hours to assist in the development of this episode (for free). It was a labor of love to honor Beverly & hopefully save others.

(haven't been here in a while and had a hard time finding this thread! LOL)

FYI - I read a tweet from KARK News Director Austin Kellerman that the Dateline segment on Beverly has been postponed and the air date will be rescheduled at a later time.

I'm still going to record tonight anyway...just in case.

Checked to see if anything new filed on this case (was checking something else so decided to look on this case also)

Looks like the Pros filed an Amended Sentencing form. I notice a few things changed. jmho
Orig
1/12/2016 date shows appeared (this was first day of trial)
Shows Bill James was appointed
Jail time credit 594 days

Amended
Shows date of 1/15/2016 <date jury returned with guilty verdicts and sentenced date
Shows Bill James is private attorney....
Jail time credit 442 days
*** but the court order from judge said this:

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF PULASKI COUNTY, ARKANSAS
FOURTH DIVISION
STATE OF ARKANSAS
VS.
AARON M LEWIS
PLAINTIFF
cP.2014-3928
DEFENDANT
ORDER
The Defendant was charged with one count each capital murder and kidnapping. He was
convicted by a juty on January 15, 2016, and sentenced to two consecutive life sentences in the
Arkansas Department of Corrections. On June 9, 2015,this Court appointed the Public Defender
Commission to represent the Defendant, who proceeded under the counsel of Mr. Bill James.

The Court has recently been alerted that it did not enter an Order finding the Defendant indigent.
The Defendant was found to be indigent for the purposes of his jury trial, and he remains
indigent for the purposes of his appeal.
The decision in this matter having been rendered June 9,2015, the above-styled Order is
hereby entered nunc pro tunc.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
HERBERT T. WRIGHT, CIRCUIT JUDGE

01/26/2016
02:09 PM SENTENCING ORDER HON. HERBERT WRIGHT - 4TH DIVISION 6TH CIRCUIT,
Entry: none.
Images WEB ORIG SENTENCING ORDER https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=AY6M2IIKWG5WNJ2N4BTP5RRVM617G5

03/30/2016
10:56 AM AMENDED SENTENCING ORDER HON. HERBERT WRIGHT - 4TH DIVISION 6TH CIRCUIT,
Entry: none.
Images WEB link to Amended > https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=T9C79XJX80W4OQU97Y0XOPHCZFVUMT

:thinking: wonder why they took 152 days from orig to the amended ? Took off almost 5 months of jail credit? Possibly because he was being held in ADC on the Parole Violation? That's only reason he was at the ADOC instead of the County Jail as CL was. But he still would have been kept in jail as no bond. Odd to me. Still going to be in for Life, but if the reason why they take off was for the Parole being revoked, would he get any credit at all? (JMHO not sure why this diff in days credit)

Orig Sentencing 594 days jail credit
Amended Sentencing 442 days jail credit

** the Amended days for AL 442 is EXACTLY double what was given to CL (221 days jail credit) on her Sentencing Order dated July 9, 2015 https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=OIIHXV6XRDMSJGPVKG42O6DKMWVZH6

I do remember that they had to correct CL Sentencing Order also because of of orig showing Nolle Processed on her Kidnapping Charge in error.

Since Bill James Notice of Appeal shows the filing of the Orig Sentencing report, that was filed Jan 26 2016, wonder if he will also have to file an amended Notice?

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF PULASKI COUNTY, ARKANSAS
FOURTH DIVISION
STATE OF ARKANSAS PLAINTIFF
V. CR 14-3928
AARON LEWIS DEFENDANT
NOTICE OF APPEAL AND DESIGNATION OF RECORD
Notice is hereby given this 11th day of February, 2016, that Aaron Lewis, Defendant,
appeals to the Arkansas Supreme Court from the Sentencing Order adjudicating him guilty of
Capital Murder and Kidnapping entered on January 26, 2016. Defendant designates the entire
record. Defendant also designates all proceedings, exhibits, statements of counsel, evidence and
testimony from every court appearance regarding Defendant's case, including, but not limited to:
December 3, 2014, February 26, 2015, March 4, 2015, June 1, 2015, October 5, 2015, November
16, 2015, December 30, 2015, January 5, 2016, and the jury trial January 12-15, 2016. Defendant
has previously been found indigent for purposes of appeal and financial arrangements have been
made with the Court Reporter and the Clerk of Court to prepare the transcript.
Respectfully submitted,

/s/ William O. &#8220;Bill&#8221; James, Jr https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=81QZID39BUSHG70WQG747FUGVO7DOW * sidenote, odd the filing on PDF shows filed document as "in Municipal Court of Little Rock Arkansas"

The whole Apple iPhone deal with those terrorists in CA iPhones..
I was confused prior because of the whole Cellebright being able to look into those phones as have spoken about prev here. NOW it appears that they are going to use that Cellebright company on that phone. I thought that was odd personally as they should have known that to begin with???

It was alluded to that they may have used that to get into the iPhones in this case when Det Allison was on the stand during trial.
I am still surprised that they returned BC phone to her family already. CCjr posted about it weeks ago that they got it back. I will assume that they removed all the stuff from it prior to the return and would think the Def would have had to agree to it. Unsure how that goes. I do know that the items that AL wanted returned was denied for time being prior to trial.

JMHO.

(haven't been here in a while and had a hard time finding this thread! LOL)

FYI - I read a tweet from KARK News Director Austin Kellerman that the Dateline segment on Beverly has been postponed and the air date will be rescheduled at a later time.

I'm still going to record tonight anyway...just in case.

Hopefully, someone will post when the Dateline show is rescheduled to be aired. TIA

It is rescheduled for Apr 8, per the remembering Beverly Facebook page.

895913b923b91e9350165a21dc2059a0.jpg

http://adc.arkansas.gov/inmate_info...ity=1460033498&_ga=GA1.2.511381357.1411950383

Looks like Arron is misbehaving in prison. Hmmm, imagine that?

Wondering why he's taken a parenting class? In hopes he gets to see his son?

Also a communication skills program on 1/2016. His communication skills got him sent right back to prison!

Also, Crystal has completed a GED course?!?

Just passing this info along to any who might want to know.

Lol well all the prison sex he will be getting maybe he's hoping to get pregnant? &#128514;

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;721042650388832256]https://twitter.com/KATVElicia/status/721042650388832256[/video]

KATV's Elicia Dover &#8207;@KATVElicia 8m8 minutes ago
Justice was served for #BeverlyCarter but a sudden death can be costly. Tonight a program that helps with expenses.

[video=twitter;721044211810705409]https://twitter.com/KATVElicia/status/721044211810705409[/video]

KATV's Elicia Dover &#8207;@KATVElicia 5m5 minutes ago
Haven't seen @carl_carter_jr & the precious #BeverlyCarter family since justice was served. Update tonight @ 5 & 6.

The Dateline show is on NBC April 17th. This tonight April 15th, with reference to Beverly Carter and the program that helps with expenses is on ABC. Sadly looks like ratings are in the mix here.

* Friday 15th ABC affiliate..News segment about program that helps with expenses in sudden deaths (jmho crime victims, that $ is gotten from in fines and court costs)
* Sunday 17th. NBC . Dateline rescheduled dated
* Tues 19th AL bench trial in Fed Court against Seibel and Bennett in personal capacity re stuff that allegedly happened at Pul County Regional Jail

JMHO

JMHO, but the federal suit outcome could possibly have some bearing on the Appeal. I believe too that the recording being used will be a big issue due to the fact it came from the illegal questioning (remember everything else was thrown out, except for after AL asked for when AL initiated the contact. Very little was gleaned from that.

What I dont understand and how they could have gotten by possibly legally, is that that came from AL cellphone. They had the cellphone and could have gotten that directly from that cellphone. They could have used Cellebright to get into his phone same as they did CL phone. From all accounts (from hearings and trial anyways) they didnt. No testimony was used FROM AL PHONE. I (public) is unsure if they did or did not get into AL phone. Plausible deniability? Thats my thinking on that. They were going to use the whole interviews prior to June 2016 when AL requested and was appointed Bill James as his defense attorney.

There was also a witness that testified at the trial, a LEO that Sgt Blain contacted after AL said in his illegal interview about going back to the abduction house on Old River Drive. And the whole thing about the Inv now working for AG office... witness. Who didnt write any reports from the ride along of allegedly what AL said. And freaking used verbatim Det Allison testimony as his Hearing and TRIAL testimony! Even had it with him. I do think that will come up.

Morally and Legally are two different things in cases like these. Thats why I always have and do state, go by the book, get all the facts so it done right the first time. I pray all the mishaps in this case doesn't let Justice be denied. I still believe that CL had a much bigger part than she stated. I also think that she plead not because it was the right thing to do (it was for the case) but I think she did it from not knowing the system.

They are both where they deserve to be. Hope legally they stay there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpiddybgt
Back