GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought.... If/when the Carter family gets a judgement against AL for wrongful death and AL gets it through his narcissistic thick scull that he will never get a penny, and that any and all future windfalls of money will go to the Carter family... Maybe he'll stop suing everyone.
Doubtful, its not costing him anything to file other than a stamp, paper and writing utensil that someone else put the $$ on his books to use for the purchase. And time... just my opinion

I wonder, with this suit by the Carters, if they can get information that they aren't currently getting for a sealed criminal trial. I'm sure the family knows more than the public, but maybe they want answers sooner than by the time a trial rolls around. Trial have a way of getting put off over and over again.

Well, and I was wondering- now that they filed a law suit, is it possible that goes to trial before the criminal case?? I know with OJ, they filed after the criminal was over! I have no idea what happens if it is basically concurrent. Or am I totally off about that?

Well, and I was wondering- now that they filed a law suit, is it possible that goes to trial before the criminal case?? I know with OJ, they filed after the criminal was over! I have no idea what happens if it is basically concurrent. Or am I totally off about that?
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/09/civil-suit-travis-family-goes-after-arias
After Arias was convicted of first-degree murder Wednesday, attorney Jay Beckstead announced he will file a wrongful death lawsuit against Arias on behalf of Alexander's family members.

I wonder if you have to wait if there is a criminal trial? I would think so.jmo

AL's theory of rich broker (IMO) leaves a lot to be desired. I'll try and explain what I mean; AL may believe she was a rich broker in comparison to himself who had to steal to make a living, had to come up with extortion plans to try and get money, sell belongings to get money to keep a roof over their head, have church help them, neither adult in the household employed, I'm guessing living off of student loans and child support, advertise on the internet, I'm guessing lived in poverty, in a RENTAL house to boot, lawyer pay for U-Haul to move your stuff out of your house because your sorry *advertiser censored** is sitting in jail, no money to even pay for divorce to be filed, vehicle repossessed because no funds to make payment and/or no funds to purchase one instead of having to finance, and the list could go on and on. This is all just my opinion as to why AL may think Beverly was a "rich broker"

http://associationsnow.com/2014/10/...g-reality-check-for-real-estate-associations/

The people close to her noted that much was going well in Carter’s life at the time of her death—including her career, which she’d started a decade ago. She was one of the best performers at broker Crye-Leike’s North Little Rock location.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/oct/04/as-family-mourns-memories-a-comfort-201/

In the early 2000s, Beverly became intrigued by the real estate business. She proved good at it and soon ranked among the top sellers.
Beverly's career continued to flourish. She was a multimillion-dollar producer, popular with her fellow real estate agents and clients.

***These things to me show that Beverly was very successful at what she did. In addition, her husband has a construction business.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/09/civil-suit-travis-family-goes-after-arias
After Arias was convicted of first-degree murder Wednesday, attorney Jay Beckstead announced he will file a wrongful death lawsuit against Arias on behalf of Alexander's family members.

I wonder if you have to wait if there is a criminal trial? I would think so.jmo

Same thing in my friends case. I know the family had to wait until the criminal trial was finished before the wrongful death suit could proceed and it was a long time in this case with a mistrial first time. I think that may be something procedural across the board with criminal / civil trials in same case. Makes sense so one doesn't influence the other.

HELP ...rough draft... have to do better with links..

9/25 (Thursday)
830/900 neighbor GC sees AL he has hair

** AL calls neighbor asking to be pulled out of mud.. not sure what time. But gets pulled out by another gentleman

330pm neighbor GC sees AL washing car, has scratches, no hair

430 CL supposedly in clinical

530pm BC called Carl Carter Sr las contact. >during this call CC stated wife told him she was going to show house at 14202 Old River Dr..
*report says to unknown person, but the unknown would be to CC.. BC knew a name

7/740pm JANE CARFAGNO, CO-WORKER OF MURDERED REALTOR, BEVERLY CARTER: Well, I was showing -- excuse me, that was all kind of hard to hear. I was showing Beverly`s listing and it was in a remote area about 20 minutes out of the city, and I accidentally got locked out, and so since it was so remote, I was a little scared and people I was showing the house to had already gone. And so I called her and she didn`t answer and so I called her right back thinking that she might answer, knowing if I called back twice I really need her. So she texted me back and said, with a client, call you back in a bit. And so I texted her back and I said -- I don`t know exactly the words I used but I told her where I was, I was at her listing on Haynie Road, and that I was locked out and was there any chance she was in the area. And she texted back and said, in Lonoke. And then I texted her back and said, by chance there a key and she said no, sorry. http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/02/ng.01.html

7... witnesses saw other veh at residence 14202 Old River Drive

830 I believe CCjr said his dad called him? and he CCjr went to BC office to see if she was there? iirc was on a Nancy Grace clip

900pm*orig police report CC said he got worried and went to 14202 Old River Drive

900> per VI #1 stated CL said AL home

1030/11 CL arrives home AL playing video games online?

1043pm call rec'd at Dispatch

1047pm call dispatched

1059pm Deputy Purifoy arrives
Deputy Purifoy conducted search of residence without locating Mrs. Carter or any evidence of a crime.
*Observed key to the door lock was not on scene.. nothing missing from purse
** moments later sealed off perimeter of residence with crime scene tape & started crime scene log
*** moments later Sgt. Hutton arrived on scene and contacted on call Detective

9/26 (FRIDAY)
1222am Deputies Purifoy and Scuggs searched 13407 Old River Drive

1am 3 text messages rec'd from BC phone to CC

319am call completed Status Pending (orig missing person report)*****NOTE Call hadn't closed with the texts came in around 1am

Per VI#1 CL was carpool for school Friday morning

Unclear if CL went to class or not.

**added from Zdots notes: AL asked neighbor to borrow drill, unsure time

Friday evening TP incident - police suppose to have been called

CL supposedly goes to ex bf to stay - per VI#1

IIRC, NJ said CL got home from clinicals around 10:30 or 11:00 and AL was home playing video games.
and I thought she said CL didn't go to school on Friday. I will try and find the links. Great job, armimi! Thanks for posting the timeline

I will show this to my wife tonight she will like it. I will not comment on CL'S family per TOS however her mom has some health issues and if you are the praying sort I ask you to pray for her mom. I have always said she is a good woman of good character who has deserved way better than life delivered.

Sending prayers for her Mom, TKL. I can only imagine how the mess with her daughter has impacted her! Another victim - not what anyone wishes for their children.

This website has some informative information:

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal...tion-faqs.html

Q: Can an event be both a criminal and civil offense?

A: Yes. Depending on the circumstances, a single event may be tried in both courts. For example, a defendant may be tried in criminal court for murder, and later that same defendant may be sued in civil court by the victim's family for wrongful death.

This law firm is a Personal Injury Law Firm

This struck me odd.. probably just something all of them have .. actually never looked. Seen the gobs of commercials for personal injury lawyers, thankfully closest I have ever had to get.

http://www.mcmathlaw.com/attorneys/james-mcmath.aspx

Areas of Special Interest

Personal injury, especially related to product defects; pharmaceuticals and toxic substances; medical negligence; crash worthiness and passenger restraint system failures; highway construction accidents; commercial and crop damage related to pesticides either through misuse or product defects; pollution-related property damage and personal injury claims; multiple plaintiff causes of action.

Very reputable law firm in Arkansas. His father (or grandfather?) is a former Arkansas Governor. Top notch and respected in the legal field.

I wonder, with this suit by the Carters, if they can get information that they aren't currently getting for a sealed criminal trial. I'm sure the family knows more than the public, but maybe they want answers sooner than by the time a trial rolls around. Trial have a way of getting put off over and over again.

JMO of course, but by waiting until after the criminal trials, they would be able to use some of the evidence presented at the trial. With the Criminal case being sealed, I doubt that they would be able to use any of that and rightfully so. It could harm the criminal case and the defendants right to a fair trial.

The private investigators that the lawyer, would be working for Carl Carter. He would know what they find. The filing dates and the filing of the Criminal charges and along with the judge signing the order then the next day AL and CL had their P&A in Circuit Court..

Thinking of all that family went thru that week ... filing that, the formal charges, Beverly's mother in law passing away, their first Thanksgiving without their Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt, Grandmother friends and loved one. May God give them strength for sure.

AL's theory of rich broker (IMO) leaves a lot to be desired. I'll try and explain what I mean; AL may believe she was a rich broker in comparison to himself who had to steal to make a living, had to come up with extortion plans to try and get money, sell belongings to get money to keep a roof over their head, have church help them, neither adult in the household employed, I'm guessing living off of student loans and child support, advertise on the internet, I'm guessing lived in poverty, in a RENTAL house to boot, lawyer pay for U-Haul to move your stuff out of your house because your sorry *advertiser censored** is sitting in jail, no money to even pay for divorce to be filed, vehicle repossessed because no funds to make payment and/or no funds to purchase one instead of having to finance, and the list could go on and on. This is all just my opinion as to why AL may think Beverly was a "rich broker"
Agree!!

Still cant wrap my head around how you have multiple vehicles reg to these 2, both have cell phones... not just phones but smart phones, with text-internet capabilities-voice, rent, utilities, food cost and so forth. How the heck did they pay the bills with no jobs? Surely the $ from student loans wasn't that much, she started school in August? what did they do from May when she quit her job and he only work a few weeks for Argo. And if family member wasn't home when CL went to clinical, that would be at least a few days a week I would think. I bet anyone who bought anything from them from the online yard sale sight freaked when or if they learned of the individuals they purchased stuff from. I would.

Just my opinion also, doesn't matter if Beverly was #3 richest lady in Arkansas, or the poorest, wearing borrowed clothing and vehicles. She had a job and was in the course of work when she was Kidnapped and Murdered in the commission some how.

Smart phones was the only smart between those two it appears. Wonder if they were stolen also? Just my opinion and thoughts

Very reputable law firm in Arkansas. His father (or grandfather?) is a former Arkansas Governor. Top notch and respected in the legal field.

I believe you are correct ;) I thought the name McMath sounded familiar.. and I believe he is Sid McMath son (three sons: Sandy, Phillip and Bruce McMath http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_McMath ) 34th Gov of Arkansas. That, to me says even more.. they aren't the smaller firms looking for lil personal injury claims... They wouldn't take the case and put the resources into it if they didn't feel it was a winnable case. Whether friend or professional. Should prove interesting to say the least. Thanks for jogging the ole noggin on the history lesson ..

IIRC, NJ said CL got home from clinicals around 10:30 or 11:00 and AL was home playing video games.
and I thought she said CL didn't go to school on Friday. I will try and find the links. Great job, armimi! Thanks for posting the timeline

:thinking: I think I have that in there, am I reading it wrong? lol I put the 9pm in there because at one point the VI#1 stated AL was home then. And your welcome. It was rush and we can amend as needed. *ref to carpool was for kids, VI#1 stated dtr spent Thur night away from home, but that it was CL carpool day.

In addition, her husband has a construction business.

I had to laugh. My husband has a construction business and we are about to starve. If I were a successful real estate broker, we might be breaking even. Lol ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, some thoughts on the wrongful death suit. I think we would me remiss to think that someone from the Carter family does not read here. If so, then they have seen us discussing the lawsuit AL won for almost $60k in the past and they would have also seen our very recent discussions regarding his newest filings against almost everyone that has contact with him.

You never know...this may be what prompted them to think "Oh, he!! no!" and file the wrongful death claim just in case the crazy bastage winds up winning more money.

Still cant wrap my head around how you have multiple vehicles reg to these 2, both have cell phones... not just phones but smart phones, with text-internet capabilities-voice, rent, utilities, food cost and so forth. How the heck did they pay the bills with no jobs? Surely the $ from student loans wasn't that much, she started school in August? what did they do from May when she quit her job and he only work a few weeks for Argo. And if family member wasn't home when CL went to clinical, that would be at least a few days a week I would think. I bet anyone who bought anything from them from the online yard sale sight freaked when or if they learned of the individuals they purchased stuff from. I would.

May through the end of September (BC murder) is the time frame I guess we should focus on. Does anyone know what part of May she quit her job? If it was toward the end, that would be 4 months and on the other end of the spectrum, if it was the beginning of May, then 5 months.

We do know she had some student loans, child support (note: child support was for two children even though only one was actually living with her...correct?) and his few paychecks from Argo, which he claims on the prison paperwork that was linked was $700/week take home. She also supplemented her income with the buying and re-selling of yard sale items, which if you know what you are doing can at times make some good extra cash.

By his own admission (the tv interview) we also know that AL was known to go to McCain Mall and steal credit card numbers. Plus, I wonder if he was again running the same "steal from walmart/sell on eBay" scam he had done before.

Has anyone ever figured out AL's eBay id? And if CL sold on eBay, what about hers? That could be fairly interesting to look at if it could be tracked down, especially ALs! I did discover an ID that could possibly be hers and if so, the person never appears to have sold and in fact didn't even buy that much either. All that being said, they strike me more as Craigslist users.

Then there is the question about the prostitution story that AL told. I guess it's safe to say that CL really didn't appear to have many qualms about having sex with strangers, so was she willing to get paid for it? Even just a few times? IMO, it's not out of the realm of possibility. New discoveries have made that story just a tiny bit more believable, if you ask me.

One big thing that we don't know is how far behind they were on some of their bills. Were they behind on rent and the landlord, for whatever reason, just had not evicted them yet? Maybe (s)he felt sorry for her and was giving her more time?

I thought I read somewhere that very, very shortly after her arrest that her car was repossessed. They don't just come repo the car after the first missed payment, or as far as I know just because you are arrested. This leads me to believe she was already behind on the car payment by quite a bit. I have always been led to believe that AL's vehicles were probably paid for by his lawsuit money. None of them appear to have been very "high dollar" cars. Also, he did not have a motorcycle at the time of the muder, right? He used to have one, so it must have been sold. Maybe he bought the second car with that money?

What else might they have been behind on?

Were their phones prepaid? I'm thinking NOT because during the IG argument with the girl she spoke of having AL's texting turned off. Can you do that with pre-paid phones? If they were not prepaids, then maybe they were behind on that bill as well and they were about to be cut off. Again, it takes a while for the company to actually turn off the service, usually shortly before the next bill is coming due.....they don't do it right away. One of our VI's may be able to answer this, if by chance they were ever told that anyone was almost out of minutes, etc. If so, that would point to prepaids.

They may have been able to eek out enough to keep the lights on, some food on the table and the phones going, but it is also very possible their financial world had been crumbling around them for quite some time and it was all about to come to a head (repossessions and/or eviction), which then leads us to wonder just what lengths they would go to in order to get some fast money. If the student loans played a part, then they would have been in hand by August and that may have given them a little relief or bought them just a little more time....but the writing was probably on the wall without some sort of financial windfall.

Obviously that whole job thing just wasn't going to work out for AL.

I'm betting that we will be hearing quite a bit about their financial situation during the trial to show motive. JMO

~~snipped for space~~

Then there is the question about the prostitution story that AL told. I guess it's safe to say that CL really didn't appear to have many qualms about having sex with strangers, so was she willing to get paid for it? Even just a few times? IMO, it's not out of the realm of possibility. New discoveries have made that story just a tiny bit more believable, if you ask me.

Jaymie and Justin Adams did this, and by looking at them (married with children and her pregnant), you would never, ever suspect it. They fell on hard times too and it was a stop-gap measure to get them through, I guess. Unfortunately, it led to Jaymie's murder and the murder of her unborn child.

Just got home. No, I don't think they would be suing the firm. Realtors are independent contractor status - not employees- and the only umbrella type insurance policy they work under as I know it here is what's called an Errors & Omissions policy that covers the firm's side of lawsuits related to any malpractice, abuses of license, fraud, misrepresentation, etc.

In my friend's murder (not a realtor) there was a wrongful death suit filed by the family after the big trial, but the murderer had a significant estate and they sued him, his estate. Maybe .... (here she goes again!!) maybe there is a third party involved that they could sue...because I can't see them getting much from AL or CLs estates... Unless AL has a stash of stolen goods at some public storage or garage somewhere. I highly doubt they'd be trying to hold the Crye Like broker responsible though....Seems unlikely. jMO.

I wonder if they have the status [or whatever it's called] to sue Zillow or whatever online referral website may have been used? When filing lawsuits, seems like you sue every possible liable party.

Could just be a way of dissuading Crystal and Arron and their lawyers from trying to profit off of their story though.

Jstkiddn, I can go to my cell service provider's website and turn off data usage for the different devices on our account. All you need to turn off someone's data plan is the admin password for the account. [Our family plan allows 10GB - or something like that - of data per month. Streaming music over cellular can be much more expensive than going ahead and buying the darned mp3s, IMO.]

The mom & sister of Michelle Young did that in NC. Then the civil verdict was used to convict the victim's husband, Jason Young, in the criminal case. That conviction has now been overturned. [Very strange case. NC passed new laws and applied them retroactively to the cases. The whole thing was a mess. Jason Young couldn't fight the civil case while in jeopardy for the criminal case - millions of dollars.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkme