GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a while to dig it up, but I remembered reading a comment on Forbidden Hillcrest's FB page about him taking sex videos of women and using the videos against them.

https://www.facebook.com/forbidden.hillcrest/photos/a.113644338692420.15358.106811962708991/790993537624160/?type=1The comment was made Sept. 30, 2014 @ 2:15 pm by DA.

Now after the eBay find and seeing that he bought from a seller that sells hidden cameras, it does kinda make one think hmmmm.

Interesting. It shows up as 3:15 p.m. on 9/30 to me. (Something I've been trying to explain on the Jessica Chambers threads for weeks.)

Does anyone know how these evaluations work? Is it just a one day thing, or will he likely stay a couple of days?

http://lawreview.law.uark.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/9-Looney.pdf

"Arkansas trial courts frequently encounter defendants whose competency to stand trial is open to question. In such cases, either upon motion of the defendant or the State, or upon the court's own motion, the court may order an assessment of he defendant's competence and request a report to the court on the findings. (Arkansas provides that an examination shall be ordered if the defendant so requests or if “there is reason to doubt” the defendant‟s fitness to proceed. See ARK. CODE ANN. § 5-2-309 (Repl. 2006); Kelly v. State, 80 Ark. App. 126, 130-31, 91 S.W.3d 526, 528 (2002). This must be followed by a hearing if the findings of the report are contested. ARK. CODE ANN. § 5-2-309(c); Greene v. State, 335 Ark. 1, 28, 977 S.W.2d 192, 205 (1998). The court must make a determination in any event. See ARK. CODE ANN. § 5-2-309(a))

Under the Arkansas approach, a Uniform Order for Mental Health Evaluation is required. (ARK. CODE ANN. § 5-2-305(b)(4)(A)(i) (Repl. 2006 & Supp. 2009))

This order permits examination for a period not exceeding thirty days or for a longer period if determined by the examiner to be necessary. (ARK. CODE ANN. § 5-2-305(b)(3))

In reality, the examination is usually a single limited interview, lasting about three hours or less in length, which relates to
general impairment, psychosocial history and background, and an assessment of competency.
"

BBM, I can tell you anecdotally, that with the case I was involved in, the interview of the perpetrator was a one-day thing.

Did the judge's ruling state 1/21 as the date of the actual psychiatric exam? That date has been stuck in my mind for at least a few weeks now. (Or maybe I have a doctor's appt that day? LOL.)

I think, with the blackmail scenario, BC's death was an accident. In that scenario, I think they would get some compromising video and then release BC quickly, followed by extorting money to keep things quiet. But if BC died before release, they would be stuck with a total different crime to cover up. JMO
I just can't get on board with the blackmail theory. Most people finding their loved one missing are not going to be worried about being embarrassed. jmo

Interesting. It shows up as 3:15 p.m. on 9/30 to me. (Something I've been trying to explain on the Jessica Chambers threads for weeks.)

What time zone are you? I'm central. I am assuming the person that made the post is also in the central time zone, fwiw.

I've seen several people comment that this is "just like on Criminal Minds."

Anybody know if they had an episode about a kidnapping similar to this one?

I think, with the blackmail scenario, BC's death was an accident. In that scenario, I think they would get some compromising video and then release BC quickly, followed by extorting money to keep things quiet. But if BC died before release, they would be stuck with a total different crime to cover up. JMO

That's the only theory I've been able to come up with but the "victim of circumstance" or "crime of opportunity" that the sheriff or prosecutor said about BC at the press conference always makes me back off of that one.

Exactly. The more we learn the more I'm leaning towards the blackmail scheme playing a role, and of course as we've all said so many times... Then something went wrong. If he was using drugs for that month of September (...the reported weight loss and erratic behavior the neighbor described) maybe the kidnapping scheme would involve drugging the victim to get compliance to capture the video... Some people react very negatively to drugs especially if it's high dose and they're not users or have super sensitive nervous systems.. Or other contraindicated health conditions or meds they're taking... She might have been drugged, passed out and died that way too. Just thinking out loud and speculating.

I guess not much is happening with this case right now no news...its quite quiet here...

That's the only theory I've been able to come up with but the "victim of circumstance" or "crime of opportunity" that the sheriff or prosecutor said about BC at the press conference always makes me back off of that one.

They also said it was early in their investigation. That was before the actual formal charges were filed and before CL was arrested and charged also. With the stuff sealed, there is no telling what their theory is at this point. Could have changed a lot. .. JMO

I think that perhaps these two weren't bright enough to realized that. Not saying I believe or disbelieve that theory, could be. But I think that the way they seemed to think, they may have not thought about what most people would do.
Very true. So many unknowns still.

Lewis was released from the Arkansas Department of Correction on Aug. 8, 2013.

On his Facebook page, Lewis admitted in October 2013 to being a seven-time felon. He went on to add:

"So if anyone would like to judge me for my past, remember that i don't do anything any more. I'm happy with my life and its not yours so it goes back to that saying...if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.

"I have a wonderful woman who loves me and i love her, i have a house (paid for), my jeep and motorcycle (paid for), i'm on parole and do what i'm suppose to, i don't do drugs and i'm happy so before you judge me for who i was, look at who i am"

Lewis moved several times without notifying his supervising officer within the required 24-hour time period, but he did always call the agency with his changes in address, Tyler said.

Neighbors to Lewis and the woman he identified as his wife, Crystal Lowery, said the relationship was apparently volatile.

Gerry Ciccel, a disabled veteran who lives next door to Lewis' home, said screaming, yelling and slammed doors could often be heard coming from the house, and that Lowery would often ask to borrow her phone to call "one agency or another."

Lewis' demeanor had changed drastically over the past month, Ciccel said.

"He has been acting weird lately," she said. "Like his head was somewhere totally different."

Ciccel said that Lewis called her Thursday -- the day Carter disappeared -- and asked her to help tow his car out of a "mud patch." Ciccel said she refused his request, saying her car was too new, and didn't have a tow bar.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/sep/30/suspect-arrested-realtor-missing-201409/

Aug 23, 2013 Quit Claim Deed was done and filed To AL

Feb 20, 2014 Quit Claim Deed was done and filed From AL

http://www.arcountydata.com/search.asp?x

Arkansasmimi, What is the address of the property he bought and sold. I don't know how to search tax records without the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ